The Girlfriend's Statement

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped for focus

What barely 16 year old girl doesn't use the word "like" in nearly every sentence?

JMO

This whole debate really cracks me up because my work supervisor is about 25 or 26, and I swear he cannot utter one sentence without "like" in it.

This is a young man who graduated from a a prestigious university cough cough USC cough cough and yet nonetheless litters his speech with this word.

To criticize a much less educated teenage girl for doing so is the height of absurdity. It's a tic of American English speakers of all ages. I even catch myself, and my 60-something-year old mom, doing it, although not to the extent that younger generations do.

I am a little nervous discussing this subject because I got a two day vacation from WS for discussing the girlfriends social network sites. :eek::eek::eek:

thanks for letting us know ! I better not discuss it either then,all I'm gonna say is I would never,ever put on facebook how I really feel inside only how I feel about other stuff.These people really know me so for me I have no problem open up to people here because I don't know you in real life,but on facebook i would never do that.

thanks for letting us know ! I better not discuss it either then,all I'm gonna say is I would never,ever put on facebook how I really feel inside only how I feel about other stuff.These people really know me so for me I have no problem open up to people here because I don't know you in real life,but on facebook i would never do that.

But IF you were taken to the hospital because of profound grief, would you be posting fun things on your FB?

There is a big difference between manslaughter and second degree murder. imo

OH, I didn't mean to imply there isn't--but clearly someone in LE felt that GZ should be charged for at least something.

So for clarity I guess my question should have been, was the recommendation for at least the minimum charge of manslaughter a PC driven railroading?

Well,IMO that's the problem ,some posts in this thread seem to have no feelings and I just wonder what makes posters in a victim friendly forum post with no empathy whatsoever towards the victim and the victims family.
What makes this case different that some people are indifferent to this hardcore loss of a human life???? A 17 year old,still a child? Yet you talk about "no feeling"What makes some posters have "no feeling" towards Trayvon,his girlfriend,his parents? What is it? I would really like to know.

I have real feelings about the tragic loss of Trayvon's life. My heart breaks for Sybrina, in particular. She is a gentle soul. I have enormous admiration and respect for her. I also was a single parent and raised 3 teens. I identify with her to a great degree and my heart hurts that she lost her son. :(

What makes this case different that some people are indifferent to this hardcore loss of a human life????

This simply isn't fair - no need to paint with such a broad brush here.

This case is different because it is a self-defense case. Very few websleuthers are accustomed to following a self-defense case. I am disturbed by the number of people who just seem willing to totally disregard the US Constitution - seemingly without a second thought just throw the presumption of innocence out the window. This has been happening since the very beginning of this case. It is downright frightening to see this happening. And I don't just mean here at WS. Another poster used the phrase today "emotional hysteria". At some point, we ALL have a responsibility to control the emotions and stop the "right fighting".

I hate the labeling - pro-TM or pro-GZ. I can be both and it is not a conflict. I simply want to know the FACTS. All the noise makes it hard. I want to keep an open mind and understand the truth. I don't really care where that leads me. Just because I am not screaming from the rooftops for GZ's head, doesn't mean the evidence won't lead me there eventually. I just haven't seen it yet. And it isn't cool to assume that those same people are racists or victim-bashers. I'm a paralegal, so I am sure my perspective is a bit different in that sense. I'm nearly always considered pro-prosecution in most every case I follow here, however this is a self-defense case and I know that the SYG law is going to be THE issue here.

okay, off my soapbox now.

I have a sincere question here -

Other than Crump and the media referencing her as Trayvon's girlfriend, what other evidence do we have that she was actually a girlfriend? Does she say that in the interview? (I've only had a chance to listen to a short snip at work. Slow connection at home; hard for me to load audio/video files here.)

I ask that because per the things I have read elsewhere, one of the things that kept glaring at me was that I didn't get the impression that she was all that attached to any one guy. Which is perfectly fine, don't get me wrong. I was just left thinking that either: 1) Trayvon may have considered them an exclusive item, but maybe she felt otherwise; or 2) that they were really good friends and the media blew this relationship way out of proportion.

I don't know whether she's technically his girlfriend or not. Clearly she's a very close and dear friend. I'm honestly wondering if it makes a difference between the two. I mean, would it affect her level of pain and trauma of going through this horrendous ordeal - or the amount of grief and loss she's suffering either way?

I'm curious what you've read elsewhere that would give you the impressions you indicate above?

I haven't seen this reported anywhere, can someone give me a source for the claim?

I know that was said, and I know I thought it was bull, why wouldn't you call Crump or the family if they didn't call back?

Here's more of what Crump said on the subject:

There's this from ABC:

""We're going to turn this over to the Justice Department because the family does not trust the Sanford Police Department to have anything to do with the investigation," said Crump."

I am a little nervous discussing this subject because I got a two day vacation from WS for discussing the girlfriends social network sites. :eek::eek::eek:

oh crap...I'm sorry. I referenced it myself indirectly. I didn't know you got TO'd for it though. I'm behind on stuff but I knew better. It was probably some freudian slip so I could get TO'd myself and catch a break from mod'g in here. LOL

Please follow the rules and ignore me. :D

I don't know whether she's technically his girlfriend or not. Clearly she's a very close and dear friend. I'm honestly wondering if it makes a difference between the two. I mean, would it affect her level of pain and trauma of going through this horrendous ordeal - or the amount of grief and loss she's suffering either way?

I'm curious what you've read elsewhere that would give you the impressions you indicate above?

Oh, it really doesn't make a difference as far as her grief of anything of that nature at all!

I was only curious from the standpoint of how the media and talking heads were portraying her. If they had it right or it was more ...ahem...misinformation. That was my only point.

I agree with whomever said she was probably guilted into the story as a means to a righteous end. JMO

Looking at abc article, it suggests the line went dead after head set fell off, so "get off" part of the interview appears to be a new development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans