The Girlfriend's Statement

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A non MSM source not allowed to be linked here.

And we know how reliable the MSM sources have been. So reliable three NBC employees were fired for editing GZ's 911 call to portray him as a racist. MSM won't touch the g/f's story, it will make them look too unsympathetic. JMO

Looking at abc article, it suggests the line went dead after head set fell off, so "get off" part of the interview appears to be a new development.

That and the "grass".

Another, slightly different version:

""What are you stopping me for?" Martin asked a man later identified as neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman, according to the girl.
"What are you doing around here?" Zimmerman asked in response.
The girl said she then got the impression that an altercation was taking place and that someone had pushed Martin, because the headset fell out of his ear, and the phone shut off."

LINK CNN

I haven't seen this reported anywhere, can someone give me a source for the claim?

When the claim was first made that she'd tried to call police and her call hadn't been returned, I remember reading that a spokesperson for either the city or PD said they had no record of her having called, but that perhaps she'd called a different agency. I do not have a link (sorry), but hopefully others can confirm whether this is correct. I believe it is.

That and the "grass".

How can someone hear the "grass" over the phone to begin with? Head set falls off, how can one hear what surface it falls onto? Or was she talking about Trayvon walking on the grass? I am not entirely sure what is meant by hearing the grass.

I had several thoughts and several questions where she is concerned.

1) Where does she live? I am under the impression (based on posts I read here) that the school TM was attending (the one from which he had been suspended at the time of his death) was a somewhat new school for him - that he had trouble at his previous school and had, subsequently, transferred to another one. I was also under the impression that 'home' for him was Miami, and that while suspended he was staying with his dad's fiance'.

So... what I'm trying to piece together is, if this girl and TM have known each other since kindergarten, whether they were, at the time of his death, living in the same town and going to the same school. Was she a *local* close female friend? Or was she 'back home' in Miami (or wherever) while he had been sent off to stay with dad's gf in Sanford?

2) Given TM's recent problems at school and the suspension he was serving, is it possible that the girl's parents had said they didn't want her hanging out with him or talking to him? Do we know *when* she told them she had been talking to him right before he died? If she wasn't supposed to be talking with him, to tell what she had heard would be telling that she was not obeying them. She'd have been between a rock and a hard place. Obviously, I have no clue if her parents had told her not to talk to TM, but it's a possibility that would explain her silence.

3) My awareness of *most* (not all, but most) teenage girls is that they tend to get 'drama points' if they are close to a tragedy or if they are more 'in the know' about something dramatic than their peers. I don't think that *most* young people have a real grasp on death unless it hits their own family. It feels *dramatic* when a teen peer dies, but my experience is that teens don't process it as deeply and fully as mature adults do.

Did this girl attend the funeral? And at any point in time, did she offer up in conversation the fact that she might have been the last person to talk to him?

4) I have a hard time believing every word she said. I don't want for a moment to say that she is purposely twisting the truth. Not at all. My assumption is simply that as someone who cared about TM, she likely wants to protect him and his memory from 'bad light', and she likely will remember things in a way that is favorable to TM. She had an allegiance to him. Whether she was a close friend or a girlfriend, I would think that she would interpret anything she heard in a way that seemed favorable to TM, and if she had any doubts, I have a feeling she would still want to be supportive of him and not say anything that would tarnish his memory. She's young, immature (that's not meant to be an insult - just a reality. She's not old enough to have 'matured' in the same way a 40 year old has) and probably has negative feelings about the person who killed her friend.

I would like to see some evidence to support the story that she was actually hospitalized. From what I gather, that might not be correct.

I would as well. I didn't see her phone records in the document dump, did I miss them?

I had several thoughts and several questions where she is concerned.

1) Where does she live? I am under the impression (based on posts I read here) that the school TM was attending (the one from which he had been suspended at the time of his death) was a somewhat new school for him - that he had trouble at his previous school and had, subsequently, transferred to another one. I was also under the impression that 'home' for him was Miami, and that while suspended he was staying with his dad's fiance'.

So... what I'm trying to piece together is, if this girl and TM have known each other since kindergarten, whether they were, at the time of his death, living in the same town and going to the same school. Was she a *local* close female friend? Or was she 'back home' in Miami (or wherever) while he had been sent off to stay with dad's gf in Sanford?

2) Given TM's recent problems at school and the suspension he was serving, is it possible that the girl's parents had said they didn't want her hanging out with him or talking to him? Do we know *when* she told them she had been talking to him right before he died? If she wasn't supposed to be talking with him, to tell what she had heard would be telling that she was not obeying them. She'd have been between a rock and a hard place. Obviously, I have no clue if her parents had told her not to talk to TM, but it's a possibility that would explain her silence.

3) My awareness of *most* (not all, but most) teenage girls is that they tend to get 'drama points' if they are close to a tragedy or if they are more 'in the know' about something dramatic than their peers. I don't think that *most* young people have a real grasp on death unless it hits their own family. It feels *dramatic* when a teen peer dies, but my experience is that teens don't process it as deeply and fully as mature adults do.

Did this girl attend the funeral? And at any point in time, did she offer up in conversation the fact that she might have been the last person to talk to him?

4) I have a hard time believing every word she said. I don't want for a moment to say that she is purposely twisting the truth. Not at all. My assumption is simply that as someone who cared about TM, she likely wants to protect him and his memory from 'bad light', and she likely will remember things in a way that is favorable to TM. She had an allegiance to him. Whether she was a close friend or a girlfriend, I would think that she would interpret anything she heard in a way that seemed favorable to TM, and if she had any doubts, I have a feeling she would still want to be supportive of him and not say anything that would tarnish his memory. She's young, immature (that's not meant to be an insult - just a reality. She's not old enough to have 'matured' in the same way a 40 year old has) and probably has negative feelings about the person who killed her friend.

They knew each other since kindergarten? Is this in her audio interview? I may have missed it.

If true, then their parents likely knew each other as well.

They knew each other since kindergarten? Is this in her audio interview? I may have missed it.

If true, then their parents likely knew each other as well.

Someone suggested that in this thread...

How can someone hear the "grass" over the phone to begin with? Head set falls off, how can one hear what surface it falls onto? Or was she talking about Trayvon walking on the grass? I am not entirely sure what is meant by hearing the grass.

IMO, not hitting cement. They needed to have fallen in the grass. JMO

His phone was not in his pocket. It was on the grass. It's in the evidence photos. I thought it was stated that when his phone was off it went directly into voicemail and the call is not normally listed. jmo

All of the above is totally accurate re: T-mobile

With TM's phone laying in the grass and the wind blowing, I am certain that the loudest part of the audio was the noises closest to the phone's mic...the sound of the grass blowing around the phone.

In the background, she could hear "a little bit" of what was going on with Trayvon. She said she could hear "get off, get off" before the phone went dead. Probably because by then it was pretty wet. By where the phone landed and where Zimmerman's keys and flashlight were found, it is obvious that this was a physical altercation that moved from the sidewalk down toward the grassy area behind MC's patio.

Something occurs to me, did the police take GZ's phone. How did he not lose his phone in this so-called life threatening fight? "John's" story changed a lot after the police arrived on the scene from his original 2 minute, time of the actual event, 911 call. He gave almost no details of this "scuffle" in the 911 call but after being allowed to remain inside the crime scene and after speaking with LE he seems to have added a lot of details.

oops got a GZ TM mixup

all said........ i'm thinking GZ might have made a Boo Boo during the interview and it could look a bit ugly for him

i have a funny feeling this all they have against him.

I think you will learn that she wasn't his girlfriend. I have no explanation for the supposed hospitalization, but I think you will be disappointed about that, as well. I DARE, because I don't believe for a split second that she was hurting or grieving in any significant way. Her actions in the immediate aftermath will bear this out. jmo

Two psychological conditions come to mind as it pertains to trauma.

The first is a dissociative episode when an event is so disturbing that in an effort to protect us our brain actually blocks out the memory or parts of the memory of the event...this has also been referred to as hysterical amnesia. Sometimes the memory can be locked away for decades and come out like a slide show...or just snap shots or bits and pieces.

Victims of sexual abuse and even severe physical and/or emotional abuse have been known to experience this type of reaction to the traumatic events. For those who are victims of abuse it is often the only way they can cope and they often go about their day to day business as if nothing is wrong or nothing has changed.

The 2nd condition that comes to mind is PTSD. just ask any combat vet who has suffered from or through it. Just ask the significant others about their partners who came back from Iraq or Afghanistan acting fine and dandy only to commit suicide within months or years of the tragedies they suffered through in combat.

This girl is coping as best she can. If she suffers with either of the two conditions listed above, her behavior is quite typical for someone who experienced, almost first-hand, the homicide of someone she had known since Kindergarten.

Also, she appears to be trying as kids do to present a bravado of sorts...you know trying not to appear weak...as they used to say in the old days, keeping a stiff upper lip or chin up, girl.

It would be completely understandable if she feared coming forward....even at 16 years old, she probably knows that the world and some people can be cruel.

I have real feelings about the tragic loss of Trayvon's life. My heart breaks for Sybrina, in particular. She is a gentle soul. I have enormous admiration and respect for her. I also was a single parent and raised 3 teens. I identify with her to a great degree and my heart hurts that she lost her son. :(

This simply isn't fair - no need to paint with such a broad brush here.

This case is different because it is a self-defense case. Very few websleuthers are accustomed to following a self-defense case. I am disturbed by the number of people who just seem willing to totally disregard the US Constitution - seemingly without a second thought just throw the presumption of innocence out the window. This has been happening since the very beginning of this case. It is downright frightening to see this happening. And I don't just mean here at WS. Another poster used the phrase today "emotional hysteria". At some point, we ALL have a responsibility to control the emotions and stop the "right fighting".

I hate the labeling - pro-TM or pro-GZ. I can be both and it is not a conflict. I simply want to know the FACTS. All the noise makes it hard. I want to keep an open mind and understand the truth. I don't really care where that leads me. Just because I am not screaming from the rooftops for GZ's head, doesn't mean the evidence won't lead me there eventually. I just haven't seen it yet. And it isn't cool to assume that those same people are racists or victim-bashers. I'm a paralegal, so I am sure my perspective is a bit different in that sense. I'm nearly always considered pro-prosecution in most every case I follow here, however this is a self-defense case and I know that the SYG law is going to be THE issue here.

okay, off my soapbox now.

Thank you for getting on your soapbox. You should do it as often as you feel the need. Personally, I hesitate to post on the TM/GZ threads because some of the posters get so very hostile if it is insinuated that TM was anything less than an completely innocent, angelic, scholar who was never in trouble who was stalked and killed in a vicious hate crime by a racist.

I just want the facts and the truth about BOTH of them. Both have a past that is less than perfect. Neither is a martyr or saint. I believe both played a part in events that night and I will wait for the trial for the truth to come out.

People who are overly zealous about any cause whether it is TM, religion, miracle cures, lifestyles, etc turn me off. People who are overly zealous and jumping to huge conclusions about this case are not doing TM a favor by being that way. They are simply reducing their integrity by blowing things out of proportion before the facts are known. They are also turning people to support GZ because they can be so extreme, aggressive and abrasive in their crusade to destroy GZ and turn TM into a saint.

An example is the rumor that the "TB" in GZ MySpace name stood for Trayvon Benjamin. How ridiculous is that? The TB name happened years before he ever laid eyes on TM. But there are people who insist that it stands for Travon Benjamin. If you believe that then I wonder about the validity of anything else you have to say or believe.

I keep an open mind about things and am waiting for the truth. But I have to say that I have avoided posting my feelings and theories on this case because I don't want to get caught up in the ugliness or be attacked for posing a legitimate question or concern.

Frankly, the ugliness that I have seen over this subject has sickened me. We are ALL here for justice for victims and I hate seeing people torn apart into two groups over this case. I will be glad when justice is done and I am glad to see that some of the evidence is coming out to support what George has said.

I don't think George was stalking him with the intent to kill TM. If he was, then he could have just followed him, shot him and slipped off into the darkness and it would just be another unsolved murder.

Thank you for getting on your soapbox. You should do it as often as you feel the need. Personally, I hesitate to post on the TM/GZ threads because some of the posters get so very hostile if it is insinuated that TM was anything less than an completely innocent, angelic, scholar who was never in trouble who was stalked and killed in a vicious hate crime by a racist.

I just want the facts and the truth about BOTH of them. Both have a past that is less than perfect. Neither is a martyr or saint. I believe both played a part in events that night and I will wait for the trial for the truth to come out.

People who are overly zealous about any cause whether it is TM, religion, miracle cures, lifestyles, etc turn me off. People who are overly zealous and jumping to huge conclusions about this case are not doing TM a favor by being that way. They are simply reducing their integrity by blowing things out of proportion before the facts are known. They are also turning people to support GZ because they can be so extreme, aggressive and abrasive in their crusade to destroy GZ and turn TM into a saint.

An example is the rumor that the "TB" in GZ MySpace name stood for Trayvon Benjamin. How ridiculous is that? The TB name happened years before he ever laid eyes on TM. But there are people who insist that it stands for Travon Benjamin. If you believe that then I wonder about the validity of anything else you have to say or believe.

I keep an open mind about things and am waiting for the truth. But I have to say that I have avoided posting my feelings and theories on this case because I don't want to get caught up in the ugliness or be attacked for posing a legitimate question or concern.

Frankly, the ugliness that I have seen over this subject has sickened me. We are ALL here for justice for victims and I hate seeing people torn apart into two groups over this case. I will be glad when justice is done and I am glad to see that some of the evidence is coming out to support what George has said.

I don't think George was stalking him with the intent to kill TM. If he was, then he could have just followed him, shot him and slipped off into the darkness and it would just be another unsolved murder.

There's plenty of hostility to go around in this case, from both sides. Personal attacks have been dealt with quickly by the ever wonderful, but highly overworked mods. It just seem a little disingenuous to talk about being open minded when your post pretty much slams the "pro TM" posters and you have fear of posting an opinion. I'm confused.

I would like to see some evidence to support the story that she was actually hospitalized. From what I gather, that might not be correct.

I don't think that will be considered evidence of anything to do with this case, plus her medical records would be protected. It would be her version against GZ's and MOM is trying to seal GZ's statements because he considers them confessions. jmo

I have a sincere question here -

Other than Crump and the media referencing her as Trayvon's girlfriend, what other evidence do we have that she was actually a girlfriend? Does she say that in the interview? (I've only had a chance to listen to a short snip at work. Slow connection at home; hard for me to load audio/video files here.)

I ask that because per the things I have read elsewhere, one of the things that kept glaring at me was that I didn't get the impression that she was all that attached to any one guy. Which is perfectly fine, don't get me wrong. I was just left thinking that either: 1) Trayvon may have considered them an exclusive item, but maybe she felt otherwise; or 2) that they were really good friends and the media blew this relationship way out of proportion.

The problem for me is that some people have concluded that they know her identity and have written things based on that. I am not at all convinced that they are right. We won't know for sure until the trial because her name is not going to be released.

I don't think that will be considered evidence of anything to do with this case, plus her medical records would be protected. It would be her version against GZ's and MOM is trying to seal GZ's statements because he considers them confessions. jmo

I saw Mark Geragos and another attorney, I cannot remember her name right now, on CNN yesterday, talking about the girl's testimony. They both agreed that there will be a big fight over allowing this testimony to come in to the trial. And if it does, there will be a lot of defense objection to it being the ultimate in hearsay. And Geragos seemed to think that her actions after the event will also be considered and discussed, as a way to see the conversation in context. In other words, if it was SO obvious that he was attacked by this stranger, then what did she do next? [ If she really did know him since kindergarten, it will be asked if she called his mom or dad, I bet.]

So since Crump has taken her before the public in national news events, that information is going to come in too, if her testimony comes in, imo. And it will be vetted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper