The Grand Jury & Trial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that 1997 is her year of birth, that means she was either 16 or 17 when the sexting happened, and is still a minor currently.

Can someone explain count 6? Is that the sexting?

Sent from my Galaxy S4, using Tapatalk Blue.

Ross Harris is accused in this count of asking the minor girl to send him a naked picture of herself. It does not appear, from the indictment, whether she complied. But his requesting same from a minor child constitutes an attempt at exploiting her for sexual purposes. JMO

He has to be one of the most unattractive high-profile murderers in a long time. I can't get over it. Not saying they all look like models, but he is not even average looking. I don't understand why the media insists on using his picture more than Cooper's.

She may not be a minor anymore. Maybe that's why they put her name on the indictment?
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/03/justin-ross-harris-cooper-toddler-hot-car-death-live-blog
Harris was sexting while his son was dying:

During the day, while at work, Harris was having conversations with up to six different women, according to Stoddard. Explicit photos were exchanged, with Harris even allegedly sending a picture of his erect penis to a 16-year-old girl, according to Stoddard.

So is this true? His indictment charges are more serious than previous ones?

"Prior to indictment #RossHarris was charged with felony murder based on cruelty to children 2nd degree---the indictment raises the stakes"B.J. Bernstein ‏@bjbernstein

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/04/justice/hot-car-death-ross-harris-grand-jury/

Toddler's dad charged with malice murder
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
NEW: Justin Ross Harris intentionally killed son, sent lewd material to minor, indictment says
NEW: Grand jury charges Harris with 8 counts, including murder, in son's hot car death
Harris, who is being held without bond, has pleaded not guilty to murder and child cruelty
22-month-old Cooper died after Harris left him in his car for at least 7 hours

Atlanta (CNN) -- A Georgia grand jury on Thursday indicted Justin Ross Harris on eight counts, including malice murder and two counts of felony murder, in the hot car death of his toddler son.
The malice murder charge alleges that Harris, who has claimed his son's death was an accident, premeditated the child's killing.
The other five charges are: first-degree cruelty to children, second-degree cruelty to children, criminal attempt to commit a felony (sexual exploitation of a minor) and two counts of dissemination of harmful material to minors.

Very relieved and happy to hear this news. Sitting in court myself, waiting for the judge and feeling emotional about this. I'm not surprised but I am relieved. One step closer to justice for little Cooper.

So is this true? His indictment charges are more serious than previous ones?

"Prior to indictment #RossHarris was charged with felony murder based on cruelty to children 2nd degree---the indictment raises the stakes"B.J. Bernstein ‏@bjbernstein

http://www.hlntv.com/sites/default/files/14w5669-2.pdf

Yep, before was felony murder and second degree child cruelty (see warrant link above). Since the arrest warrant, they must have gotten a lot more of their ducks in a row for the GJ :moo:

So I am assuming the prosecution did not present their entire case/show all evidence they have?

I want to add, what's so significant is that a grand jury reviewed the evidence and indicted him on much more serious charges than he was initially charged with. That's a big deal. It shows that average people found the evidence quite compelling.

My question is this....I can almost (note I said almost) see his wife believing he did not intentionally leave his son to die, but how does she excuse the sexting while this was happening??? My head cannot accept any of this.

So Ill am assuming the prosecution did not present their entire case/show all evidence they have?

Probably not. I don't think they usually have the time in a grand jury situation. I think they give kind of the cliffs notes version.

Probably not. I don't think they usually have the time in a grand jury situation. I think they give kind of the cliffs notes version.

I read somewhere ...sorry no link...I'll slap a IMO ....it was basically going to be the same detective giving basically the same thing from the probably cause hearing and may have included some photos of Cooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to add, what's so significant is that a grand jury reviewed the evidence and indicted him on much more serious charges than he was initially charged with. That's a big deal. It shows that average people found the evidence quite compelling.

And it adds up as it mounts up. The comments of LE right after arrest - then the bombshell of a hearing - and now the GJ goes for more serious charges..... I expect there are more shoes to drop.

The malice murder charge alleges that Justin Ross Harris, who has claimed his son's death was an accident, premeditated the child's killing.

The other five charges are: first-degree cruelty to children, second-degree cruelty to children, criminal attempt to commit a felony (sexual exploitation of a minor) and two counts of dissemination of harmful material to minors.

According to the indictment, the grand jury found that on June 18, Harris "did unlawfully, and with malice aforethought, cause the death of Cooper Harris ... by placing said Cooper Harris into a child car seat and leaving him alone in a hot motor vehicle."

Harris faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison if convicted on any of the murder charges, while a guilty verdict for the malice murder count could make him eligible for the death penalty.

By leaving Cooper in the car, Harris caused the boy "cruel and excessive physical pain," the cruelty to children charges allege.

The criminal attempt to commit a felony and dissemination of harmful materials charges are not related directly to Cooper's death. They involve allegations that Harris requested a nude photo of a minor's genitalia and sent the same minor descriptions of "sexual excitement and sexual conduct," according to the indictment.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/04/justice/hot-car-death-ross-harris-grand-jury/

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/03/justin-ross-harris-cooper-toddler-hot-car-death-live-blog
Harris was sexting while his son was dying:

During the day, while at work, Harris was having conversations with up to six different women, according to Stoddard. Explicit photos were exchanged, with Harris even allegedly sending a picture of his erect penis to a 16-year-old girl, according to Stoddard.

Well, that answers my question, and convinces me even more that this guy is the worst of the worst. Ugh. If this goes to trial, I may go try to attend. I'll have to be on my BEST behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89