The Grand Jury & Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the laws are pretty strange.
Iirc had he had sex with her, that would have been legal....the possession of & requesting of child *advertiser censored* (under age 18) is not legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's only like that because consent laws are state laws and child *advertiser censored* laws are federal. The consent laws vary, whereas the federal *advertiser censored* laws don't. I know it's kind of strange being different ages, but I think the *advertiser censored* laws should be 18 and under and across the board, and not vary by state. Consent laws probably should be the same in every state too, IMO.

So I have a question, will the minor be charged with anything since she, too, participated in sending naked pics of herself to a adult?

I believe not, since she was a juvenile being sexually propositioned by an adult.

I'm soooooooo very happy to see this news today!

That's a slew of charges :eek:

This may be a stupid question, but how do they charge people with multiple counts of murder if there's only one death?

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/what-justin-ross-harris-charges-mean/nhF9Z/

Malice murder: Defined as “unlawful killing with malice aforethought,” meaning “deliberate intention to take another’s life.”
Level of proof required: Prosecutors must prove that Harris acted with deliberate intention to kill Cooper. In order to secure a death penalty, prosecutors must show that “aggravating circumstances” were present—in other words, evidence of child cruelty or torture.
Possible penalty: A life sentence would be mandatory for a conviction, and a death sentence is possible.
Felony murder: Refers to a death that happens, perhaps unintentionally, during the commission of another felony.

Level of proof required: A jury must only determine that Harris acted with criminal negligence rather than with intent to harm.
Possible penalty: Carries a mandatory life sentence.

This may be a stupid question, but how do they charge people with multiple counts of murder if there's only one death?

I think that's a pretty good question, myself.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer. :D

I think that's a pretty good question, myself.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer. :D

I was a juror in a murder trial in Michigan in 14 years ago. The defendant was charged with first degree murder, second degree murder and manslaughter. The prosecution's strategy was for us to decide on what charge to convict.

I'm pleased with the GJ indictment with both malice and felony murder.

I hope that the judge will allow the trial to include all the charges and not separate the sexting charges. Their existence indicates where his mind was going while his son was dying.

But but Harris sad there was no malice.

I think that is true. He just did not give a ****

But but Harris sad there was no malice.

I think that is true. He just did not give a ****

LOL, Yes he did say that. IMO there was malice because he wanted his son dead, and he succeeded at that. :(

They named the minor involved.

I feel so sorry for her. This is going to follow her the rest of her life.

Her screen name was GeorgiaGirl1997. My granddaughter turns seventeen tomorrow. So the girl was sixteen to seventeen years old.

Apparently JH wanted his own peep show and had been grooming this girl since March.

She likely won't be a minor when the case goes to trial, so the media will probably show her testimony and even publish lots of info on her. I feel bad that she is going to have to deal with all the media coverage and public scrutiny. I hope there is sympathy for her, but people are so ignorant, that I could see many criticizing her for sexting, especially with a murderer who also happens to be unattractive (like eww why would you sext with him)...I saw it when the hearing news came out.

She likely won't be a minor when the case goes to trial, so the media will probably show her testimony and even publish lots of info on her. I feel bad that she is going to have to deal with all the media coverage and public scrutiny. I hope there is sympathy for her, but people are so ignorant, that I could see many criticizing her for sexting, especially with a murderer who also happens to be unattractive (like eww why would you sext with him)...I saw it when the hearing news came out.

I don't get why she wasn't protected (and wouldn't be protected when she was over 18) if she was a victim, especially a minor. Honestly, this makes me really angry.

I know, right? She is a teenager and could get someone more attractive around her own age or slightly older, so why on earth would she want to sexted JH??? Maybe there is more to this than we know... :waitasec:

They named the minor involved.

I feel so sorry for her. This is going to follow her the rest of her life.

Her screen name was GeorgiaGirl1997. My granddaughter turns seventeen tomorrow. So the girl was sixteen to seventeen years old.

Apparently JH wanted his own peep show and had been grooming this girl since March.

Yep, that is pretty messed up. She is a victim. ARGHHHH

OK, I'm a dummy, I was pretty sure what it meant, but had to double check.:facepalm:
tur·gid

/ˈtərjid/

adjective

adjective: turgid

swollen and distended or congested.
"a turgid and fast-moving river"

synonyms: swollen, distended, tumescent, engorged, bloated, tumid
"the tissues become turgid"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics