The Grand Jury & Trial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 10 o'clock news just came on and this is the lead story! His attorney is saying HE is a victim of the loss of his son and now the loss of his freedom.... (no comment)
....in two to three weeks we will hear whether the state will seek the death penalty.

OMG -- does this mean he wants to file a victim impact statement too?

Today in my city it was 97. When I went to my car after leaving it parked in an open lot for 4 hrs, it was 110 inside the car.

The accused baked his child....planned on killing his son this way, imo. :tears:

Just checking back in after a long absence - very glad to hear the results of the trial! Convicted on all those counts - I don't think JRH is going to see the light of day anytime soon, if ever!

This will be the trial to watch. The MSM will be all over it IMO.

I was also wondering if she was interested in money, just a thought.

Good point! I am SO curious what his credit card statements look like. (IMO, I wouldn't be surprised if he had credit the wife didn't know about and they had to dig for.) Remember how he made $4,000 worth of purchases for "airline miles" Maybe she was actually the miles...or he had hidden debt no one knew about. People pretending to be interesting and using the other for money is certainly nothing new on the internet

This will be the trial to watch. The MSM will be all over it IMO.

I think the amount of coverage it gets will depend on whether the judge allows cameras in the courtroom, the time of the year it happens in, and what else is going on in the world. I am not sure that "hot car death trial" will be huge if it happens in the winter months. I am sure it will get national attention, but I am not convinced yet it will be as big as Anthony or Zimmerman trials since I believe those cases were much bigger stories in their first three months. There just seems to be something hard to explain (maybe even off) about the media coverage of this case.

But but Harris sad there was no malice.

I think that is true. He just did not give a ****

There has been a discussion about the defence attorney trying to separate out sexting charges for another trial. negligence murder charges include sexting as part of the prosecution theory ...so sexting must stay in to go with that.

Since he is stating that he did not have malice, i don't see how the defence attorney can separate out the sexting charges to another case.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

SO glad to read the news of this disgusting creepy murderer's indictment!

I can barely bring myself to read the articles, with the pics of his nasty mug accompanying them. Imagining him sitting there sexting thinking he all that while his son is dying such a horrible death. :furious: :puke:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, I'm a dummy, I was pretty sure what it meant, but had to double check.:facepalm:
tur·gid

synonyms: swollen, distended, tumescent, engorged, bloated, tumid "the tissues become turgid"

I learned a few words during the Jodi Arias trial .. One being tumescent. I used the word for a while and is now part of my vocabulary. Trial following can be so educational ya know :D

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/04/justice/hot-car-death-ross-harris-grand-jury/index.html

The next step will be to put Harris' case on Superior Court Judge Mary Staley's arraignment calendar, which should happen within three weeks, the prosecutor said. Motions will then be filed before the case goes to a trial calendar.

Given the district attorney's comments Thursday about whether anybody else will be charged in connection with the case, the attorney for Leanna Harris said he was surprised Reynolds was still contemplating charges.

"I am surprised that the district attorney is still contemplating after almost three months of reviewing the evidence whether or not to charge my client, if that is who he was referring to in his press conference," attorney Lawrence Zimmerman said.

"By now, I would think they would have been able to make a final decision and clear her from any wrongdoing."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/04/justice/hot-car-death-ross-harris-grand-jury/index.html

The next step will be to put Harris' case on Superior Court Judge Mary Staley's arraignment calendar, which should happen within three weeks, the prosecutor said. Motions will then be filed before the case goes to a trial calendar.

Given the district attorney's comments Thursday about whether anybody else will be charged in connection with the case, the attorney for Leanna Harris said he was surprised Reynolds was still contemplating charges.

"I am surprised that the district attorney is still contemplating after almost three months of reviewing the evidence whether or not to charge my client, if that is who he was referring to in his press conference," attorney Lawrence Zimmerman said.

"By now, I would think they would have been able to make a final decision and clear her from any wrongdoing."[/
I]

bbm

the "real" reason LH is not at work -- she's possibly a bit too nervous

Good point! I am SO curious what his credit card statements look like. (IMO, I wouldn't be surprised if he had credit the wife didn't know about and they had to dig for.) Remember how he made $4,000 worth of purchases for "airline miles" Maybe she was actually the miles...or he had hidden debt no one knew about. People pretending to be interesting and using the other for money is certainly nothing new on the internet

JH could have hidden a lot of things from LH, maybe this is why she thinks he couldn't possibly do what he did, hard to say. Some wives don't know everything their husbands do..IMO

There has been a discussion about the defence attorney trying to separate out sexting charges for another trial. negligence murder charges include sexting as part of the prosecution theory ...so sexting must stay in to go with that.

Since he is stating that he did not have malice, i don't see how the defence attorney can separate out the sexting charges to another case.

I think the sexting should stay in because during those LONG hours that Cooper was left in the car, we need to know what JH was doing during that time. I also believe their was malice because Cooper died at his fathers doing, and it was intentional and I believed planned..

I could see a scenario where he pleas out to LWOP to avoid having her testify against him, and thus incriminating herself. LH can be forced to testify against her husband, but if she takes the 5th, then he'll be done. If she testifies truthfully, she most likely will be incriminating herself. Its a twisty world they have made for themselves.

OK, I'm a dummy, I was pretty sure what it meant, but had to double check.:facepalm:
tur·gid

/ˈtərjid/

adjective

adjective: turgid

swollen and distended or congested.
"a turgid and fast-moving river"

synonyms: swollen, distended, tumescent, engorged, bloated, tumid
"the tissues become turgid"

Yes. I've seen this adjective before. Back in my ..... more colorful reading days, shall we say?

I think the amount of coverage it gets will depend on whether the judge allows cameras in the courtroom, the time of the year it happens in, and what else is going on in the world. I am not sure that "hot car death trial" will be huge if it happens in the winter months. I am sure it will get national attention, but I am not convinced yet it will be as big as Anthony or Zimmerman trials since I believe those cases were much bigger stories in their first three months. There just seems to be something hard to explain (maybe even off) about the media coverage of this case.

I expect the trial will be covered by national media because of the sensational aspects. 1) Cooper was so cute, 2) sexting a minor captures attention, 3) the death was horrible, and 4) a parent killed his own child. Also, perhaps media will hook on to the aspect that he was a church-goer gone wrong. Lots of sensation, though lacking an attractive defendant.

JMO.

I hope he pleads soon and just goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill