Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Veronica Waters ‏@MissVWaters 19s20 seconds ago
Judge allows Juror #23, who said Ross Harris has to prove his innocence, to stay in jury pool. @wsbradio

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 6m6 minutes ago
Eight more jurors qualified, bringing total to 16. And that includes Juror 22, the *advertiser censored* enthusiast #RossHarris #hotcardeath

Oy vey!

The judge OK'd a juror who believes the defendant has to prove his innocence?? What a travesty.

Keeping up appearances or truly a loving father?
I wonder why the day care email didn't ring any bells? Maybe her never read it?!

"Asked whether Harris was a guy who talked about how life might be without a child, Hall said he was the opposite: the kind of dad who talked about his child to the point that people were tired of hearing about it."

"But Harris not only forgot his child, he got an e-mail from his son's day care during the day and at one point went to the vehicle to place lightbulbs inside, never once remembering Cooper, the prosecutor said."

*http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/03/justice/georgia-hot-car-toddler-death/

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

My bold.

Now that's a tuff one, isn't it? Got an email??? That day??? I guess he can certainly claim that he did not have time to read it. (No wonder he didn't get the promotion, IMO...)

IIRC, he got the lightbulbs at lunchtime. Certainly little Cooper would be well-deceased by then. So I guess Harris either didn't notice a smell in the car, or there may have been no odor that soon after death. That's a good question for the M.E., IMO.

And as gruesome as it would be, I definitely think the prosecution should ask the M.E. to describe the phases that a 22m/o would undergo in a hot car death. "First, this happens; then that happens; then unconsciousness," etc., etc. SMH.

Bill Rankin ‏@ajccourts 39s40 seconds ago
Juror #26 in #RossHarris trial says co-worker leaves stuff in back seat w her baby to make sure she doesn't forget child. @ReporterJCB
https://twitter.com/ajccourts

My bold.

Now that's a tuff one, isn't it? Got an email??? That day??? I guess he can certainly claim that he did not have time to read it. (No wonder he didn't get the promotion, IMO...)

IIRC, he got the lightbulbs at lunchtime. Certainly little Cooper would be well-deceased by then. So I guess Harris either didn't notice a smell in the car, or there may have been no odor that soon after death. That's a good question for the M.E., IMO.

And as gruesome as it would be, I definitely think the prosecution should ask the M.E. to describe the phases that a 22m/o would undergo in a hot car death. "First, this happens; then that happens; then unconsciousness," etc., etc. SMH.

1. Qualified experts disagree on whether or not there would have been noticable odor when Ross returned to his car after leaving work.

2. An email from Cooper's daycare wouldn't set off any alarms for Ross, especially if he assumed Cooper was there. Why would it?

Care takers, including schools, would call, not email in an emergency situation, and they sure don't contact parents if a child doesn't show up for one day.

If the daycare needed to reach a parent and Ross didn't respond they would have called Leanne, and they obviously didn't.

Juror 22: no job, likes *advertiser censored*, 'no STDs'. Dislikes news media. Claims he can spot liars. Wants to try #rossharris

And he was qualified!?!?

Ross and that hairspray.

Maybe Ross was late for his wedding because he stopped to get hairspray because he considered it the most important day in his life, wanted to look perfectly groomed, and realized on his way to church his hair didn't look great.

Ross and loving Cooper.

Where is the evidence he didn't love Cooper?

He uploaded a sonogram of Cooper on YouTube and wrote an exuberant, joyful post. His co-workers said Ross talked so often and glowingly about Cooper that they were annoyed by it. His friends say he loved Cooper and spent time with him. No one forced Ross to have regular special dad & me breakfasts at CF, 2-3 times a month. Stoddard's statement, if accurate, that Ross told women on SM he would leave Leanne if it weren't for Cooper can mean just what it says...that he didn't want to put his son through a divorce and what follows. Countless numbers of parents in unhappy marriages stay put for that reason. IMO it's called putting your children's welfare first, and it's actually an indication of both maturity and love for one's children.

And he was qualified!?!?

Maybe he believes, at least, in that bedrock fundamental principal of our legal system - and democracy- that a defendant is innocent until proven guilty. Judge Staley doesn't seem to be very picky herself on that point about approving jurors.

He is not immature, he is selfish, self-centered, unreliable, has an over-inflated ego of himself and his abilities and put himself above his job, his wife, his child. He told people he was in law enforcement when he was actually just a radio dispatcher. He was in college, but only as a mail clerk. When his wife got him to go to college, she supported him and he played with the young students - abusing the privilege his wife was gifting to him. Did I just read that he was LATE for his wedding because he stopped on the way to buy himself hair spray? He was late to work, left early, spent his work time sexting (which is theft since he was being paid to WORK), was unable to get a promotion or the new job both of which he thought he deserved. He didn't care that the car seat he so tightly fastened around his son was too small and therefore potentially dangerous if they were in the car wreck he so worried about.

He stayed about 30 seconds in his tiny SUV with his son 6 inches from him before he got out, locked the car and went into his office building. Phone records will tell if he was sexting at that time but, chances are he was contemplating what he was about to do.

I thought for a while that he made a huge mistake and simply absent mindedly forgot his son. I no longer think this after finding out about his lack of character.

"R must have left C in the car."

"I dreaded the way he would look."

"This was my worst nightmare."

"Did you say too much?"

He researched hot car deaths 5 days before leaving his son to bake in the car because he worried about this happening. Exactly who has to research hot car deaths to know not to leave a baby in a hot car? No one. If this was such a concern, wouldn't it have been a concern long before CH reached the age of 2? And just what measures did he take to prevent such a horrible death? Nothing. Not a da*n thing.

It just so happened to become an issue when his work life hadn't quite turned out as he expected, his plans of buying a home were put on hold because he failed to get promoted or a new job, his marriage was in trouble, his sexting with minors was about to be known, and after he looked into the 'child less' life and how to survive prison online.

'I can't hear in my right ear, so I didn't hear him in the car. I can't smell anything so I didn't notice that the car had an overwhelming odor of decomp. I didn't notice him when I put light bulbs in the car after lunch because my head was turned the other way.'

Wah, wah, wah. He is despicable.

I think he didn't 'notice' CH because his audience drove away immediately and I will bet dollars to donuts that his research revealed that the baby would be dead by the time he returned from lunch, thus the light bulb purchase. Anyone else would be dropped off at the entrance to their building and take the light bulbs in with them, not go to the car and then walk in the heat.

He paused in the parking lot when someone walked towards his car and didn't continue to his office until he was sure they had not seen his dead child in the carseat. UGH. UGH. UGH.

He stopped sexting at 3pm, told his buddies he would be late for the 5pm movie, but still left his office early and in enough time to make it to the theater on time but made no phone call to them to say "hey, I will be there on time after all". He called/texted LH at 4:02pm to ask what time she was going to get his buddy from daycare but even that didn't trigger his memory that he had not dropped the baby off at daycare? BS. IF he was innocent, he would have panicked at that moment he thought of the child in daycare, before the call/text and run outside to his car to try to save his baby. He didn't. Why was that call/text necessary? It wasn't. She would pick up the child when she got off work, as usual. He did this, IMO, to start the 'find' of the dead baby because he was getting ansty. But, LH didn't respond and she was supposed to be the audience for his dramatic realization. He told his friends he would be late because he knew he wasn't going to show at the movie at all but couldn't tell them he wasn't going to be there.

He got in his car, immediately left the parking lot, drove 3 minutes or 3 miles, (I can't remember) until he found a suitable spot with people around to make the discovery.

Yup! Excellent post. :goodpost::winner:That was the "errand" he told his buddies he had to run after work. Also, he thought enough of his precious new guitar to make sure to bring it in out of the car heat.

Maybe he believes, at least, in that bedrock fundamental principal of our legal system - and democracy- that a defendant is innocent until proven guilty. Judge Staley doesn't seem to be very picky herself on that point about approving jurors.

Once the jury pool is filled and the peremptory challenges begin we'll likely see some of the jurors weeded out.

If they allow jurors on the case who should not be on it, that could be grounds for an appeal later on. They need to be very careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The judge OK'd a juror who believes the defendant has to prove his innocence?? What a travesty.

Not really worse than the juror who "refused to judge" in the Casey Anthony case, IMO.:snooty:

1. Qualified experts disagree on whether or not there would have been noticable odor when Ross returned to his car after leaving work.

2. An email from Cooper's daycare wouldn't set off any alarms for Ross, especially if he assumed Cooper was there. Why would it?

Care takers, including schools, would call, not email in an emergency situation, and they sure don't contact parents if a child doesn't show up for one day.

If the daycare needed to reach a parent and Ross didn't respond they would have called Leanne, and they obviously didn't.

BBM. Actually they do depending on the situation(I've gotten some emails about community school emergencies that didn't specifically affect my daughter), and they do call if it's an unexcused absence. Just one example- my daughter missed the very first day of kindergarten due to illness- she had gotten food poisoning from some spoiled mac & cheese- they called to find out if she'd be there the next day. They contact whoever they have down for contact information and in order of preference.

Ross and that hairspray.

Maybe Ross was late for his wedding because he stopped to get hairspray because he considered it the most important day in his life, wanted to look perfectly groomed, and realized on his way to church his hair didn't look great. VAIN
Ross and loving Cooper.

Where is the evidence he didn't love Cooper?

He uploaded a sonogram of Cooper on YouTube and wrote an exuberant, joyful post. His co-workers said Ross talked so often and glowingly about Cooper that they were annoyed by it. His friends say he loved Cooper and spent time with him. No one forced Ross to have regular special dad & me breakfasts at CF, 2-3 times a month. Stoddard's statement, if accurate, that Ross told women on SM he would leave Leanne if it weren't for Cooper can mean just what it says...that he didn't want to put his son through a divorce and what follows. Countless numbers of parents in unhappy marriages stay put for that reason. IMO it's called putting your children's welfare first, and it's actually an indication of both maturity and love for one's children.

I think it was posing the same way Casey Anthony took constant pictures of her and Caylee- child used as prop.Going out to eat only proves Ross was hungry- not that it was Daddy & me bonding. He also could've killed him because he didn't want him to be a product of divorce. Sorry Hope, nothing above convinces me he was a loving dad.:notgood:

This is my 2 cents! I thought it strange that Ross left a message for his wife that said "what time you picking up my buddy" Why this day in particular? Didn't his wife pick Cooper up every day after work? and wasn't this the same day that Ross was going to meet up with his friends after his work day? So why the importance in the pick up time? or did Ross call his wife every day to check on the time she would be picking up Cooper? JMO

Who gets two life insurance policies on a toddler??? One was for 25,000. I think we have another motive...

Put that together with his texting that the only reason he was with his wife was because of Cooper..That would indicate that 1) he didn't want to be forced to pay "Child Support" 2) Incapable of true feelings/love towards his own child!
So I agree ..he was looking for an out of his marriage , collect some $ and service his lust for other personal gratifications!!

Filicide~~
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filicide

This is my 2 cents! I thought it strange that Ross left a message for his wife that said "what time you picking up my buddy" Why this day in particular? Didn't his wife pick Cooper up every day after work? and wasn't this the same day that Ross was going to meet up with his friends after his work day? So why the importance in the pick up time? or did Ross call his wife every day to check on the time she would be picking up Cooper? JMO

I am sure it had something to do with the timing of the 'find'. And maybe a hint as to "it's done, do what we planned."

Why was she to pickup the baby when he was within walking distance of the daycare anyway?

BBM. Actually they do depending on the situation(I've gotten some emails about community school emergencies that didn't specifically affect my daughter), and they do call if it's an unexcused absence. Just one example- my daughter missed the very first day of kindergarten due to illness- she had gotten food poisoning from some spoiled mac & cheese- they called to find out if she'd be there the next day. They contact whoever they have down for contact information and in order of preference.

I think this may be exclu sive to elementary and older. I've has kids at 4 elementaries and 4 preschools. All four of the elementary schools did attendance calls, none of the preschools did. I think it has to so with the fact that preschools isn't mandatory in either state we've lived in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member