The HW or WH belt evidence at gilgonews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
2 theories on the belt, being that its pretty clear its HM.. or is it really an H and not a tally of slashes representing the number 3 and the M could represent the first letter of 3 of the 4 victims names... Maureen, Melissa and Megan. Looks like this belt was the murder weapon imo.

other thoughts were HM=HangMan or HitMan..

Last edited:
Something to keep in mind is that "burlap" can be used to help keep moisture away and the fact that the bodies were placed near water, this may be why lisk used burlap-to be able to extend the length as much as possible before deteriorating set it. ?
He may have revisited sites frequently thus leaving belt behind? I can't understand how someone who seems to be so organized, to leave such an item as a belt behind unless he was using it for other purposes other than holding up their pants. And if he left a glove, perhaps it could have even been a snow/winter glove? Just pondering over here. :0(

Something to keep in mind is that "burlap" can be used to help keep moisture away and the fact that the bodies were placed near water, this may be why lisk used burlap-to be able to extend the length as much as possible before deteriorating set it. ?
He may have revisited sites frequently thus leaving belt behind? I can't understand how someone who seems to be so organized, to leave such an item as a belt behind unless he was using it for other purposes other than holding up their pants. And if he left a glove, perhaps it could have even been a snow/winter glove? Just pondering over here. :0(

Just a hunch but my guess is the belt was used in strangulation. In which case, leaving the scene with the murder weapon (with victims skin cells on it) would not be wise.

After all, whomever is responsible was confident that the dump sites would not be recovered as evidenced by them returning so many times and potentially incriminating themselves.

The willingness to return leads me to believe this is someone with more than just familiarity with the area and that it is someone in close proximity with a real pulse on activity and due to it being geographically convenient, lots of windows of opportunity.

Thanks for responding. Even when I follow the path you did and download the images to my computer, the file names are shortened to beltpic1.png and beltpic2.png.

That being said, @Fabra has proven that the URL that includes the full filenames is still valid.

So Barnes it is. Who would've thought the release of these images would reveal this much and not due to the photograph itself but rather the name of the file.

Also, if you zoom in on beltpic1.png aka "belt pic Barnes 10-658464 ME10-4485 black2noglove.jpg" and look on the left side of it, there are two distinct and clear circles most of us recognize as being from the "Blur" tool. Why would SCPD alter the photo and blur this section out? And why would they do do it in such a crude fashion to make the blurring more obvious? It looks like they used the largest brush size available as opposed to using a tiny on and making a series of dots to blend it in, it's really a sore thumb.

If you look through the blur, it appears there are are 3 slash marks equidistant from one another and all going in the same direction. Why is this significant enough to blur out?
Perhaps those are scratch marks from the victim? Them trying to pry off the belt while being strangled?

It’s interesting to see where the initials actually are on the belt; I thought they were on the back where anyone could see them. Their actual placement suggests that an intimate partner or close family member of LISK could be familiar with the belt; perhaps it was a gift with the initials being an extra touch, but there’s no way they’re a professional logo or marking; the placement and application are too amateur.

Last edited:
Interesting thing here is that GB4 were obviously moved to their locations of discovery. LISK leaves a belt, and perhaps a glove (as per file name)? Points to a VERY rushed relocation.
Why do you think them being moved was obvious?

IMO doubtful, bc the naming of a photo has to do with the item in the photo....example belt with glove photo and belt w/o glove photo...
I see what youre saying. So one could theorize that the belt and possible glove were found together with the same victim (most likely MBB) but just not shown in that particular picture. A glove seems like it would have so much DNA, Im hoping they are taking the familial route with that...

I do not need to comment at 6 a.m. because there are wayyy too many semi-colons in my previous remark. I should wake up and get my head together before saying anything.

I am seeing a tiny but very distinct cross where they blurred out the image--over one of the slash marks. It would have to be miniscule, but then again, it looks so deliberate, as though it were done with a flat head screwdriver or something?

Attachments

• magnification of blur.png
    magnification of blur.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 62
Maybe on the twentieth anniversary they can make an announcement that they are going to make an announcement and show a pic of the entire belt.
Seriously, the public wants to hear the 911 tapes.
The public wants to know
I see what youre saying. So one could theorize that the belt and possible glove were found together with the same victim (most likely MBB) but just not shown in that particular picture. A glove seems like it would have so much DNA, Im hoping they are taking the familial route with that...

Why do you think them being moved was obvious?
One more thing, if we are going with the theory that this belt was found w MBB (based upon original file name), this belt does NOT look like a belt that would have been laying in the elements for 3.5 years from July 2007 through December 2010.

The quality and materials appear similar to a leather duty belt (51 - Garrison Belt w/ Square Buckle, 1.75), but 3.5 years of literally constant exposure to sun, salt, rain, snow, or even wildlife and it wouldn't be this in tact.

Hmmm... After looking at the newer pics added and not blown up the H and M looks to me ( probably a long shot but just thought I'd throw it out there) to be Pisces (H) and Scorpio (M) less ornate zodiac signs. Just a suggestion but I wonder if anyone else thought of that being a possibility.

Last edited:
Im new-ish to posting, but was curious if anyone could fill me in on the heather malone theory with the belt? was just wondering who she is and how she correlates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back