The jonbenet Ramsey letter

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And then, add on top of that what we already know:
He was a local paedophile drifter with a penchant for breaking into properties with sexual assaults against minors, and general stalking and creeping around. Oh, and he admitted to it, and also turned up at her one-year anniversary memorial.
There is a LOT of arrows pointing at this guy!

Reactions: GRT
the killers writing vs Oliva's writing. Look at the uneven style. To the left, then right, in a distinctive way.
Let it not be lost on the reader, that both letters are requests for money! From the same individual surely...
View attachment 485296

In my opinion, the plan was a kidnapping, but he found it too hard, so he just took her to the basement and then raped / killed her and left

He found it too hard??? Writing a 3 page random note plus the rough draft.. ? that's 45 minutes minimum.

To me, this alone screams someone in the family

Can you produce this rough draught? I'd be interested to see

If I recall correctly, LE reported that the ransom letter came from a note pad in the house.

And when investigators looked at the remaining clean pages left on the pad, there was an "impression" of a 3rd page that did not line up with the impression from the first two pages.

Ok. I think that the note would have taken 10 minutes to write. Undetected in someones basement? Very feasible.
11 with a rough draft.
He already had an idea of what he would write, he had planned this, since he noticed her on those beauty pageants.
And I cannot succesfully find numbers right now, but the registered sex offender numbers in the immediate area was quite high from some stats i saw. I'd appreciate if anybody could show those stats.

Last edited:
The Ramsey house was prime real estate for a stalker, I've no doubt he observed from this bushy area next to the house

Attachments

• house streetview.jpg
    house streetview.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 20
The Ramsey house was prime real estate for a stalker, I've no doubt he observed from this bushy area next to the house
TizerisT,
I hate to tell you this but those trees weren’t there during the murder. I visited Boulder a few years ago and drove by 749 15th St. it looks like that now I.e. fence.
1708737754632.jpeg

Is that a picture of the house from December of 1996?

Reactions: IDK
The RN took 25 minutes to write as is. This means that the latest it could have been started was about 5:20am. There is also one surviving 'practice note'. There are missing pages from the middle of the note pad, which was returned to its proper spot. The accent mark over attache (rhymes with JonBenet) is glaring. John likely helped Patsy: Listen carefully! If the murder were premeditated, the RN could have been composed at any time.

Last edited:
Ok. I think that the note would have taken 10 minutes to write. Undetected in someones basement? Very feasible.
11 with a rough draft.
He already had an idea of what he would write, he had planned this, since he noticed her on those beauty pageants.
And I cannot succesfully find numbers right now, but the registered sex offender numbers in the immediate area was quite high from some stats i saw. I'd appreciate if anybody could show those stats.
But the question remains why? Someone with the intent to kidnap would not have written such a long & ridiculous ransom note, and would also have brought one with him or her. Taking the time to write a note plus the other draft while in the house is an unecessary risk which raises the possibility of being caught.

If the intent was to SA with or without the intent to kill, once the perpetrator knew she was dead, why not just leave instead of writing a note that could potentially one day help to identify you? Clearly, since no phone call from "the kidnapper" ever was received, they knew that by leaving the body in the house to be found there would be no payday. It makes no sense that the ransom note was written by an intruder. It's a very clear tell that the R's were involved.

To me this seems like something planned and fantasized about for a while. It was to be Christmas evening, when everyone had gone to bed. He had the ransom demands already prepared in his head. I think it likely he had broken in there before and snooped about. He knew the parents were out - he had watched them leave while spying from the alleyway and bushes area. The time was now for him to do it.
Basement window entrance. Plenty of time, undetected, to pen the note. Stun gun used in the bedroom. Drop the note on the stairs. Finally, put her in the suitcase and leave through the window, but that was too difficult (there's audio of him saying this) and he simply abandoned the kidnapping idea and switched to a more violent plan B.

Last edited:
Reactions: GRT
Is that a picture of the house from December of 1996?
My one wasnt. To be clear, in 1996 the sidewalk was clear of the bushes and stuff it has today, but the side of the house was still bushy, so plenty of spying opportunities.

The alleyway that connected the Ramseys to Oliva's church 13 houses away. Forward is the Ramsey house. He would have been very familiar with this alley, particularly with his burgling habit.

A successful mission would have seen him walking down this alley, JonBenet unconcious in the briefcase, in the early hours while most were distracted with or sleeping off the Christmas festivities

Attachments

• alleyway.jpg
    alleyway.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
To me this seems like something planned and fantasized about for a while. It was to be Christmas evening, when everyone had gone to bed. He had the ransom demands already prepared in his head. I think it likely he had broken in there before and snooped about. He knew the parents were out - he had watched them leave while spying from the alleyway and bushes area. The time was now for him to do it.
Basement window entrance. Plenty of time, undetected, to pen the note. Stun gun used in the bedroom. Drop the note on the stairs. Finally, put her in the suitcase and leave through the window, but that was too difficult (there's audio of him saying this) and he simply abandoned the kidnapping idea and switched to a more violent plan B.
If he had the demands in his head, why not write them down beforehand? Makes no sense. The stun gun theory has not only not been proven, it is very much in question. An Air Taser representative, which was what Lou Smit thought may have been used, provided the same model Smit alleged for experiment purposes. Quote: "I don't know what to think of the theory. It defies the logic of what the weapon does". He further went on to say, "we have never seen those types of marks when you touch somebody with a stun gun. We are talking hundreds of people who have been touched with these devices. I can't replicate those marks". He also noted that it was uncommon for the stun gun to leave only two marks on the skin. The body moves away from the stun gun, causing multiple, erratic marks. "How can you keep this thing perfectly still, not once, but twice on a squirming child? It doesn't make any sense". He also said an Air Taser does not render people unconscious. Nebraska Dr. Robert Stratbucker, who has extensive knowledge on stun guns and is considered a courtroom expert, also had / has "considerable issues" with Smit's stun gun theory. Smit claimed the stun gun left a blue mark in between red marks on the skin, which Stratbucker called "pure nonsense".

Add to that the fact that your preferred suspect's DNA was not found at the scene and did not match the "unknown male" DNA that was found.

1) If he had the demands in his head, why not write them down beforehand?
If he had broken in previously, he may have already pocketed such items beforehand
2) The stun gun theory
Stun gun marks can vary depending on pulling away, angle, etc, agreed but I think it resembles a stun gun-type object more than anything else I can compare it to. I think likely it was first applied while she was sleeping, then again as she struggled downstairs. Oliva was found to have a stun gun. In 1996 this was rare.
3) your preferred suspect's DNA was not found at the scene and did not match the "unknown male" DNA that was found.
DNA has been very much compromised due to calamity from the police. A clear, fresh testing on the garotte / underwear in 2024 would give us some new answers, almost certainly.

Last edited:
Yes, it is. You can see the police as well as the crime scene tape. It is also obviously Christmas.
I know your picture is from Christmas 1996. I meant the other picture that was posted by the other poster.

My one wasnt. To be clear, in 1996 the sidewalk was clear of the bushes and stuff it has today, but the side of the house was still bushy, so plenty of spying opportunities.

The alleyway that connected the Ramseys to Oliva's church 13 houses away. Forward is the Ramsey house. He would have been very familiar with this alley, particularly with his burgling habit.

A successful mission would have seen him walking down this alley, JonBenet unconcious in the briefcase, in the early hours while most were distracted with or sleeping off the Christmas festivities
I'm sorry I'm not following. You think he had JB in a briefcase and walking down this alley to his house? So he brought her back to her house? Wrote the ransom note in her house and then left her in the wine cellar in her house?

You think he had JB in a briefcase and walking down this alley to his house?
That was the intention, but never happened and instead just used the suitcase as a step (not necessarily 'to his house', there could have been a garage / shed he had access to?)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back