The Kilauea Volcano!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

CARIIS

Former Member
Reaction score
I am incredulous that the media is not doing this. IMO this is the worlds biggest natural disaster since the tsunami.

It is incredible what is going on out there.

If you get addicted you will catch on to their terminology - in time!

Here is the latest :

The silver haired guy is peculiar - I don't know if I am being too sensitive but his smiling if just odd! He seems authentic but there is something just off about his affect. At times he seems clueless - just strange IMO!

It is gorgeous scary potent amazing and breathtaking!

There has been stuff going up to 15000 feet - think about that! Guam is getting some of the stuff. From the big fissure it is shooting 260 feet in to the air for days it is unreal.

Last edited:
It is surreal. I cannot imagine what it must be like, to watch your neighborhood look like Pompei. What a nightmare.

hurrican-smiley.gif

Last edited:
It is surreal. I cannot imagine what it must be like, to watch your neighborhood look like Pompei. What a nightmare.

hurrican-smiley.gif

the more I learn the more freaky it gets there are so many elements to it for these people the ash the volcanic smog the types of gases the winds the temperatures the rain the roads the water its awful earthquakes the noises the booms a lot of them sound like jet engines just going and going and rocks crashing down rotten eggs -----glass falling on you from the sky talk exhausted !

God the one Mexico is really bad

anyone know if there is any relationship between this one and that one

Me either !!

latest

oh goodness lava filled a lake and evaporated the entire lake

poof gone

that is incredible

maybe the folks in calif will be able to walk over to hawaii

High Alert: Hawaii Volcano Eruption So Fierce It Causes 5.5m EARTHQUAKE as Ash Spews 8,000ft

Last edited:
Wow. That's way too close to California. Can you even imagine the power, the heat, the stench of hell, surely, if there is hell...the earth moving under your feet, constantly, again and again, and tomorrow, again, and the sounds?

Amazing. Prayers to Hawaii, be safe!

Thanks, CARIIS!

I dunno if it is in the “ ring of Fire “ ?

These two volcanoes are not related; the Guatemalan Volcano is in the "ring of fire" which primarily surrounds the pacific geologic plate. The Hawaiian volcano is not related to the ring of fire volcanoes. It is in the center of the pacific plate and is related to "hot spot" volcanism.

The Guatemalan volcano is a stratovolcano and is much more explosive, while the Hawaiian volcano is a shield volcano and produces lava that fountains and flows more easily and is (generally) less explosive.

I just looked up the current estimated volume of the Kilauea eruption and it is estimated to be 200,000 to 500,000 cubic meters per day. In 1972 Kilauea erupted 119,000,000 cubic meters. So this eruption would have to go like it has been for about a year to match that. The largest historical eruption was in 1840 and the erupted volume is about 205,000,000 cubic meters. (if my quick Google search is correct.)

Regarding the Kilauea volcano and Guatemala’s Volcán de Fuego: The two outbursts, however, are not linked, said Janine Krippner, a volcanologist and postdoctoral researcher at Concord University in Athens, West Virginia.

“They’re two completely different systems, and they’re also very far away from each other,” Krippner said.

Guatemala’s deadly volcano eruption: What is the ‘Ring of Fire'?

I hiked up Acatenango (one of the five volcanoes in the arc of Guatemala) years ago. We were hoping to see some Fuego activity at night --didn't. The altitude and the hike were very challenging. As we hiked up, we would see terrace farmers climbing at break neck speed as we slowly chugged along. Amazing how much volcanic activity is in the news these days --and scary, too.

The one in Mexico is what I always thought a volcano was

This one is incredible

everytime i see video it blows my mind

it is like a boogey man keeps popping up whenever it feels like

that would be so scary and such a hassle for the poor people stuck in this mess

it has surprised me there has not been more heat stroke stuff

it has got to be just hot around there

The one in Mexico is what I always thought a volcano was

This one is incredible

everytime i see video it blows my mind

it is like a boogey man keeps popping up whenever it feels like

that would be so scary and such a hassle for the poor people stuck in this mess

it has surprised me there has not been more heat stroke stuff

it has got to be just hot around there

These active stratovolcanoes are very dangerous. The one in Mexico that you are probably thinking of is Popocatépetl. Mt. St. Helens is similar as are all the volcanoes in the Cascade Range. Mt. Rainier is one of the more dangerous ones in the Cascades due to it's proximity to Seattle/Tacoma and the smaller towns in the area.

Has the President declared it a disaster area?

Looks like it — back in May. ... Is the “cost-sharing basis” of the aid a standard thing with federal disaster aid? Honest question. I’m not used to seeing that specific wording.

ETA 2: Seems like is pretty standard wording, after some quick research of past federal disaster declarations.

Trump declares 'major disaster' in Hawaii following volcano's eruption

President Donald Trump declared a major disaster in Hawaii following a request by the state's governor due to the volcanic activity continuing to wreak havoc on the island.

The order will make federal funding available to supplement state and local recovery efforts in the regions affected by Kilauea's eruption May 3.

ETA: "Federal funding is available to the State and to eligible local governments and certain private nonprofit organizations on a cost-sharing basis for emergency work and the repair or replacement of facilities damaged by Kilauea volcanic eruption and earthquakes in Hawaii County," the government said in a statement late Friday.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTibbits