"The last time I 'saw' my daughter"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey it was even more weird than that. On the exact property line where Caylee was found on one side was a Z. and on the other side was a Gonzales...Now WHAT are the odds of THAT?

Was there a Fernandez in the area? If so, maybe she was giving EXACT coordinates and knowing this could come in handy when solving other cases.

Even when LE would ask questions a certain way to get a different answer, KC carefully answered from a well rehearsed script "the last time I saw...". And, oh yes, the one person on earth (KC) who would have details on that day (6/16) she would easily recall, would give a 4 hr. range of dropping Caylee off between 9am and 1pm. Come on, how could she give herself a 4 hour window and still think she would be believable.

I noticed this, too- while she was insisting she had a Universal ID badge and her Mom and Dad had seen it too!

That part really stuck out in my mind as well. LE was pretty much accusing her of murder, catching her in lie after lie and confronting her with them, and she manages to utter a bunch of "um hums." LE makes a trivial comment about her Universal badge and she becomes combative with them. Basically saying...'I have one and my mom and dad can prove it'. All the while sitting in an office at Universal where she had already admitted that she lied and didn't work there. What's the point of arguing about a badge to a non-existent job when your child is missing?

You are right about how they referred to Caylee. My husband and I adopted a set of boy/girl twins when they were taken from biomom at 5 months. One of the many problems that the biomom had was she would call her son by his given name. However when she would refer to her daughter she would say "the girl" or "The little girl" or "her". It got so bad that during supervised visitation I had the case worker ask the biomom what WAS the baby girl's name? It took her a minute to recall. This child was never held by the biomom. Always left in her car seat or carseat. Only held by the caseworker when she came. She was very disconnected with our baby girl. I think that is exactly what Casey had done. I truly think that Casey was always about show. I don;t think she ever truly bonded with that baby.

You may be right. KC knew how to act the part of a caring mom when other people were around, but couldn't force herself to do it when she and Caylee were alone. I could be totally wrong, of course.

That part really stuck out in my mind as well. LE was pretty much accusing her of murder, catching her in lie after lie and confronting her with them, and she manages to utter a bunch of "um hums." LE makes a trivial comment about her Universal badge and she becomes combative with them. Basically saying...'I have one and my mom and dad can prove it'. All the while sitting in an office at Universal where she had already admitted that she lied and didn't work there. What's the point of arguing about a badge to a non-existent job when your child is missing?

Because it was the only element of truth to what she was saying to them. She did have a badge that was over 2 years old, but to her that's not the point. She did have A badge, so she becomes quite glib about the fact she can say that and have it be the truth.

What bothered me was her smarmy attitude that followed when one of the detectives reminded her that she lied about currently having an office at Universal, to which KC spitefully and childishly responded, "No, I don't have an office.." like, "so what about all that? I just told you the truth about something". She really garnered a superiority complex over telling one half-truth over something as benign as an expired badge.

I couldn't imagine having to live with her, even as her parent.

What I don't understand is after they have gotten her to admit that almost everything she has said is a lie, why didn't they say ok, so you weren't going to work, coz you don't have a job so why did you drop Caylee off, where were you going that day? Or when was the last time you paid Z? How much was it, what method of payment? How did you have money to pay her with no job? I wish they would have gone on and on down the line with her lies. But I'm no detective maybe they got what they needed to get??? moo

What I don't understand is after they have gotten her to admit that almost everything she has said is a lie, why didn't they say ok, so you weren't going to work, coz you don't have a job so why did you drop Caylee off, where were you going that day? Or when was the last time you paid Z? How much was it, what method of payment? How did you have money to pay her with no job? I wish they would have gone on and on down the line with her lies. But I'm no detective maybe they got what they needed to get??? moo

ITA:clap: I've had the same questions.

because they don't want to steer her train...it would give her another set of rails to ride on. It drives me nuts too, because I would have had to go there. I think they were hoping that since she'd lied herself right into the brick wall, she'd step off the track and start spilling. The only rail they wanted her to travel was the "something bad happened and you were worried about how people would look at you" line. Obviously, that didn't go as planned. They knew they had their hands full when she continued to carry the lie after she'd been called out on it.

Just throwing this in the ring:

Split personality dissorder? Maybe she was looking at herself in the mirror while she was murdering her daughter?

Possibility?

Just throwing this in the ring:

Split personality dissorder? Maybe she was looking at herself in the mirror while she was murdering her daughter?

Possibility?

There has been no evidence suggesting KC has a multiple personality disorder, but maybe we don't know everything.

KC’s interviews always creep me out. When KC is lying it sounds like she’s making it up as she goes along, but tries to make it more credible by weaving in things she’s heard or seen. Like the “Hi, Mommy” phone call. I think that came from her viewing the video Cindy took at the nursing home with Caylee reading the book, and the "I will lie, steal, whatever I have to do to get my daughter back" came from Scarlett O’Hara in Gone with the Wind. (If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again. – note: interesting KC left out kill)
Trying to analyze KC’s lies is like playing Name that Tune. I can name that lie in 4 words. I can name it in two…:crazy:
JMO

OMG. I thought of the character of Scarlet O'Hara in reference to Casey yesterday as well. Great notes. Casey getting caught in a lie reminded me of Scarlett saying: "well, fiddledeedee" or so what?

What did she say to her mom in the jail interview when her mom told her people were suspecting that Caylee drowned, I can't remember.

OMG. I thought of the character of Scarlet O'Hara in reference to Casey yesterday as well. Great notes. Casey getting caught in a lie reminded me of Scarlett saying: "well, fiddledede" or so what?

What did she say to her mom in the jail interview when her mom told her people were suspecting that Caylee drowned, I can't remember.
Surprise, surprise.

It would explain a lot. I just think she has lived in KC LA LA Land for most of her life and feels rules don't apply to her.

Yes, yes I agree. I've been thinking if she ever testified in court and raised her hand to take the oath to tell the truth, she would think that she wasn't lying by: only telling HER truth. Like when she said: I can think of "perspective" places that (Zani) might be, instead of I can think of prospective places. I think that was a Freudian Slip. Her law is above the law and the truth according to Casey, IMO.

Surprise, surprise.

Thanks Deb. It's her smugness, laughing, pretending to cry (sniff, sniff) and thinking her looks will manipulate men into believing her. Some of the things that remind me of Scarlett. Brassband pointed out the Scarlett line and that was an excellent observation, IMO.

Just one last thing. Did any of you notice that when she said she dropped Caylee off at the staircase, at the apartment, the detective asks with whom did you drop her off and Casey says: Zenaida.

I wish the detective would have pressed her for more information, because she simply got away with that.

He should have asked her: Did you see Zenaida come out and get Caylee? Did you talk to Zenaida at that specific time? Etc.

Yes, yes I agree. I've been thinking if she ever testified in court and raised her hand to take the oath to tell the truth, she would think that she wasn't lying by: only telling HER truth. Like when she said: I can think of "perspective" places that (Zani) might be, instead of I can think of prospective places. I think that was a Freudian Slip. Her law is above the law and the truth according to Casey, IMO.

While I could see someone with the maturity and education levels of the average American adult making a Freudian Slip between "perspective" and "prospective" places, imo KC is ignorant to the defining definition of each. I think her usage of "perspective places" was another one of her attempts to apply a word or phrase that was posed to her by LE during their initial investigation of her lies on the night on June 15th (perhaps: "Do you have any prospective places in mind that we should begin our search?"). KC just didn't know any better when she tried to borrow their words.

I also think she was reciting JB when she began to talk about everyone "misconstruing" her statements - imo she mispronounces the word ("misconshtrue") because she doesn't know how it's properly pronounced. I don't think she has a speech impediment at all, I think she is simply more ignorant than many perceive her to be.

"Regardless of how it happened" is saying:

What does it matter, it's not my fault. "She's the last person I've seen her with"

Another thing I notice is when they tell her there is no video of her at that apt 210--she then says she left her at the staircase.

I wished they had followed up with--well, you weren't seen coming through the gate!

See how fast she came up with....I left her on the other side!!!

Unless, she was seen BUT coming through without Caylee in her car seat! (save it for later ?ing)

I don't believe they pushed more because of the unusual situation--having to sit her down immediately after she brought them into the building to her non-existent office--to confront her. Maybe they thought they'd get another 'crack' at her at the PD?

While I could see someone with the maturity and education levels of the average American adult making a Freudian Slip between "perspective" and "prospective" places, imo KC is ignorant to the defining definition of each. I think her usage of "perspective places" was another one of her attempts to apply a word or phrase that was posed to her by LE during their initial investigation of her lies on the night on June 15th (perhaps: "Do you have any prospective places in mind that we should begin our search?"). KC just didn't know any better when she tried to borrow their words.

I also think she was reciting JB when she began to talk about everyone "misconstruing" her statements - imo she mispronounces the word ("misconshtrue") because she doesn't know how it's properly pronounced. I don't think she has a speech impediment at all, I thik she is simply more ignorant than many perceive her to be.

ITA. It sounded like she was cramming everything JB had said to her down her parent's throats during that last visit.

Apparently she believes she 'sounds' intelligent when in reality she sounds rather ignorant.

CA did the same thing on LKL--only she was cramming Casey's words down the public's throat. (something about Casey being a victim also, but it's not being 'portrayed' that way)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back