The only theory that makes any real sense.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's pretty good. The only argument I have is that they could have lawyered up immediately even if arrested immediately. The dead body does get the FBI off the case. I'm not sure why LM couldn't still be involved, they're a private company, with no jurisdiction, or lack of jurisdiction. Since JR was possibly involved, it might still affect the security of the firm?

True, they could have lawyered up after being arrested. BUT then they're in jail, overnight at the very least, awaiting an arraignment, then a bail hearing. First degree murder charges typically result in no bail, especially when the defendants are rich, have a pilot's license, etc.

I think LM would only be involved if it were a kidnapping. The "fat cats" that work for them are big targets. I don't see any advantage to LM to bother with the murder of an employee's child. It serves them no purpose. Successfully negotiating the return of an employee kidnap victim, or family member does. JMO

There is exactly zero evidence that BDI. Would a 9 year old even know how to garrott another person?

Blef: Some believe the garrott was simply staging (done by the parents?) to deter from the real injuries which were the blow to the head and the sexual assault.
Staging is done as a deflection and after the fact.

True, they could have lawyered up after being arrested. BUT then they're in jail, overnight at the very least, awaiting an arraignment, then a bail hearing. First degree murder charges typically result in no bail, especially when the defendants are rich, have a pilot's license, etc.

I think LM would only be involved if it were a kidnapping. The "fat cats" that work for them are big targets. I don't see any advantage to LM to bother with the murder of an employee's child. It serves them no purpose. Successfully negotiating the return of an employee kidnap victim, or family member does. JMO

But if we are supposed to believe it was a kidnapping gone wrong, done by representatives of a SFF........ Would LM be involved until they were satisfied that it wasn't IDI?

But if we are supposed to believe it was a kidnapping gone wrong, done by representatives of a SFF........ Would LM be involved until they were satisfied that it wasn't IDI?

I don't think they bother with that kind of stuff. Their purpose, if I understand correctly, is to negotiate the successful release of kidnapped fat cats. Had they ever been involved, which they weren't thanks to JR, they would have taken one look at that joke of a RN, laughed, and walked away.

I really think he expected JB to be found within minutes of LE arriving, and his nervous attitude was his frustration that she wasn't. I think he knew that the FBI was going to get involved and that was his worst fear: LE with years & years of experience in REAL kidnappings!

OT, but something I've wondered about. I know you subscribe to the DocG theory, which I too did for a while. The thing that convinced me JR couldn't have written the RN was the utter ridiculousness of it! How do you reconcile an intelligent, successful businessman, writing such a stupid RN? Does this really strike you as something that would come from JR? Now Patsy, yeah. I could see the melodramatic ding-a-ling writing this, but JR? I have to give him more credit for intelligence than that. Had it said, "We've got your daughter. Have $5M in unmarked bills by X time. We'll be in touch." then I would believe without doubt that JR wrote it. The War & Peace of all RNs is just so contradictory to his personality and intelligence....

I don't think they bother with that kind of stuff. Their purpose, if I understand correctly, is to negotiate the successful release of kidnapped fat cats. Had they ever been involved, which they weren't thanks to JR, they would have taken one look at that joke of a RN, laughed, and walked away.

I really think he expected JB to be found within minutes of LE arriving, and his nervous attitude was his frustration that she wasn't. I think he knew that the FBI was going to get involved and that was his worst fear: LE with years & years of experience in REAL kidnappings!

OK, I can go along with that. But it does rely heavily on the incompetence of the BDP. Could he have known in advance he was dealing with the Keystone Cops?

OT, but something I've wondered about. I know you subscribe to the DocG theory, which I too did for a while. The thing that convinced me JR couldn't have written the RN was the utter ridiculousness of it! How do you reconcile an intelligent, successful businessman, writing such a stupid RN? Does this really strike you as something that would come from JR? Now Patsy, yeah. I could see the melodramatic ding-a-ling writing this, but JR? I have to give him more credit for intelligence than that. Had it said, "We've got your daughter. Have $5M in unmarked bills by X time. We'll be in touch." then I would believe without doubt that JR wrote it. The War & Peace of all RNs is just so contradictory to his personality and intelligence....

That's a very reasonable concern.

"We've got your daughter. Have $5M in unmarked bills by X time. We'll be in touch." This seems to me more conducive to a plan where the body is supposed to be found in the house, regardless of who wrote the RN. But it isn't written that way. I don't believe PR is that stupid that she couldn't put together a short simple RN like this. If JR/PR were working jointly, then wouldn't JR override "war and peace"? If your take on what JR would do had he written the note is accurate, doesn't this cut against the idea that they were on it together?

I know you are familiar with Doc's theory so I won't go over it in detail, but as a reminder, it sets forth the "fact" (past tense) that JBR has been kidnapped, it sets forth the conditions of delivery which will have JR out and about where he can find a dumping place, it limits his monetary loss to his bonus, it discourages (or tries to) PR from calling 911. Within the context of the DocG theory, it seems to work well for what JR is presumed to have in mind.

I have a choice, as we all do, to believe the Doc explanation of the RN, or to believe PR wrote a note ill suited to a plan to have the body discovered in the house, in her own handwriting, the called the police with virtual certainty (if she's at all reasonable) of being arrested. IMO if this were true, she may as well have made a sandwich board saying "I did it". Between the two choices I find Doc's explanation more credible.

OK, I can go along with that. But it does rely heavily on the incompetence of the BDP. Could he have known in advance he was dealing with the Keystone Cops?

"We've got your daughter. Have $5M in unmarked bills by X time. We'll be in touch." This seems to me more conducive to a plan where the body is supposed to be found in the house, regardless of who wrote the RN. But it isn't written that way. I don't believe PR is that stupid that she couldn't put together a short simple RN like this. If JR/PR were working jointly, then wouldn't JR override "war and peace"? If your take on what JR would do had he written the note is accurate, doesn't this cut against the idea that they were on it together?

I know you are familiar with Doc's theory so I won't go over it in detail, but as a reminder, it sets forth the "fact" (past tense) that JBR has been kidnapped, it sets forth the conditions of delivery which will have JR out and about where he can find a dumping place, it limits his monetary loss to his bonus, it discourages (or tries to) PR from calling 911. Within the context of the DocG theory, it seems to work well for what JR is presumed to have in mind.

I have a choice, as we all do, to believe the Doc explanation of the RN, or to believe PR wrote a note ill suited to a plan to have the body discovered in the house, in her own handwriting, the called the police with virtual certainty (if she's at all reasonable) of being arrested. IMO if this were true, she may as well have made a sandwich board saying "I did it". Between the two choices I find Doc's explanation more credible.

Chrishope,
The RN is staged artifact. To infer from it to anything at all represents invalid reasoning.

Also your rhetoric refers to a choice as if it was a binary selection. Patently wrong, Nom de plume suggests JAR as a theory, which elucidates the possibility of ternary theories.

So you although may have a choice, other websleuths may not feel as constrained by your binary thought process, and might opt for some other RDI.

With regard to the BPD, I'm sure it's not a secret that Boulder is a fairly safe, small town with little violent crime. Therefore BPD would only have limited experience with this kind of case. No one could ever know in advance how badly the case would be botched! LOL

As to the RN, I do agree about it being more detailed to limit the monetary loss, and all that, but the "it's up to you now John" and "use that good southern common sense" etc. just doesn't strike me as something that JR would do, UNLESS he intentionally tried to set PR up to take the fall!! IMO, the part about killing her is in there to explain her being dead in the basement. I doubt they gave much thought to the forensic side of things. One of them, JR IMO, had just killed their daughter, and I'm sure their thinking wasn't very clear.

I don't really think they were in on writing the note together. I think JR was doing the clean up, staging, etc. while PR was writing the note. He probably told her to say JB had been kidnapped, make the ransom amount small, and threaten to kill her if they called LE. She, in typical Patsy fashion, had to make a big production out of it. JR may not have even read it before 911 was called.

Once again, it's not just the note that makes me believe PR was involved. It's the totality of evidence against her. For the sake of argument I'll even credit JR with the RN. It still doesn't explain away her constant lies, Ramnesia, bizarre behavior, etc.

BTW...I really enjoy debating with you Chrishope. You have a logical way of looking at things, make some really good points, and are respectful of others' opinions (when they're respectful of yours LOL).

With regard to the BPD, I'm sure it's not a secret that Boulder is a fairly safe, small town with little violent crime. Therefore BPD would only have limited experience with this kind of case. No one could ever know in advance how badly the case would be botched! LOL

As to the RN, I do agree about it being more detailed to limit the monetary loss, and all that, but the "it's up to you now John" and "use that good southern common sense" etc. just doesn't strike me as something that JR would do, UNLESS he intentionally tried to set PR up to take the fall!! IMO, the part about killing her is in there to explain her being dead in the basement. I doubt they gave much thought to the forensic side of things. One of them, JR IMO, had just killed their daughter, and I'm sure their thinking wasn't very clear.

I don't really think they were in on writing the note together. I think JR was doing the clean up, staging, etc. while PR was writing the note. He probably told her to say JB had been kidnapped, make the ransom amount small, and threaten to kill her if they called LE. She, in typical Patsy fashion, had to make a big production out of it. JR may not have even read it before 911 was called.

Once again, it's not just the note that makes me believe PR was involved. It's the totality of evidence against her. For the sake of argument I'll even credit JR with the RN. It still doesn't explain away her constant lies, Ramnesia, bizarre behavior, etc.

BTW...I really enjoy debating with you Chrishope. You have a logical way of looking at things, make some really good points, and are respectful of others' opinions (when they're respectful of yours LOL).

Thank you Nom, I feel the same about discussing the case with you. We can disagree and still respect each other's POV. You've given me much to think about in your posts. Sorry to loose you as a Doc theory ally but I do share some of your concerns and they trouble me as well.

I do think that JR might have intentionally implicated PR so she'd have to cooperate. That's one difference I have with the Doc theory. I'm not sold on it, but I think it's possible.

The part in bold I have to respectfully disagree with. The RN suggests JB will be killed if there is a deviation from the instructions. But once the body is found, it's obvious she was dead before the first deviation took place, so it fails to explain why she was killed. It seems to me to explain why she will eventually (probably) be found dead, in a ravine, or in the woods.

Oh, yes the note was written by a histrionic female for sure.

I don't think this is the -only- theory which makes sense, sorry. But it's a pretty decent one, very worth exploring.

But would a juvenile of that age really have been put away for an accident? Or even a murder..? Kids that age just are not culpable, legally.

The Ramseys are smart people. Surely they would have realised there'd be a lot more scrutiny and drama and media blah over "a small foreign faction" than over "a tragic accident in the home"?

Maybe they didn't want the shame of having raised a son who possibly molested and killed his own sister? Rape, incest, murder would ruin their reputation and good standing and ruin his business. But, a kidnapping, "foreign faction" would not make them look bad, but the victims and would receive sympathy.
IMO social acceptance and perception of their family being perfect was more important than the truth.

Maybe they didn't want the shame of having raised a son who possibly molested and killed his own sister? Rape, incest, murder would ruin their reputation and good standing and ruin his business. But, a kidnapping, "foreign faction" would not make them look bad, but the victims and would receive sympathy.
IMO social acceptance and perception of their family being perfect was more important than the truth.

There's no way of the people they socialized with would want anything to do with them if their son killed their daughter. If BDI, I can definitely see the R's deciding to cover it up to protect their reputation.

ETA: Okay, I'm editing this to say: Did the R's believe that everyone would take their word that JonBenet was killed by an intruder? That no one would suspect them? If they were that concerned about their reputation, shouldn't they have considered that there would be suspicious people?

Chrishope,
The RN is staged artifact. To infer from it to anything at all represents invalid reasoning.

Also your rhetoric refers to a choice as if it was a binary selection. Patently wrong, Nom de plume suggests JAR as a theory, which elucidates the possibility of ternary theories.

So you although may have a choice, other websleuths may not feel as constrained by your binary thought process, and might opt for some other RDI.

We've been over this many times. The premise doesn't have to be true for the argument to be sound. I'm not asserting that the truth of the premise (the RN was written by JR) definitely establishes the truth of the conclusion (the intent was to dump the body) I am asserting that if the premise is true, that's a good reason for thinking the conclusion is true.

It might be that the RN was not written by a Ramsey. It's not a fact that it's staged evidence, it's a conclusion that we RDIs have made. It might be it was written by PR. It might have been written by BR. It might have been written by JR but his intent may have been completely different than what I think it was. The premise could be true, but he conclusion could still be false.

I wasn't intending to suggest that our choices of who wrote the note are binary. I specifically stated in my reply to Nom that I think he and I agree that it was written by either PR or JR. Of course I assumed that agreement, which was clear enough, I think, and not objected to by Nom. Given that agreement, we have the two choices.

Some of that language in the RN is so soap-opera in content.

For instance, what hardened kidnapper/criminal would ever write that you need to "rest up" because the instructions are going to be extensive.

Really?

Written like a true Mom.......rest up.

Years ago, when the case was hot, the Ramseys leaked info to the internet via a She-Beast who will not be named.
However, some of what the woman said was true ( the leaked parts were easy to separate from the homeless pedophile living in the back alley theories), and she was a valuable, if hated, source of info until she sold the Ramseys down the river to the tabloids. At that point, she totally disappeared and the world has been a better place for it.

Oh, sure if we who were RDIs said " White", she'd have long huge posts saying " Black" with her own self posting as 2 or 3 people on her own forum, BUT when she came out with gems of her own, they were things that fit and were not widely known to the public up to that time.

Sorry for the above, but that was just so those who haven't been here the entire time will understand.

One day, this woman, who was a Ramsey info- mole and probably WAS a true confidante' of the Ramseys for a few years after the murder, let it slip in her private forum that JonBenet's body was not supposed to STAY in the basement.
When pressed, she said that the child's body was supposed to be dumped outside Boulder in the mountains, just a few blocks from the Ramsey house apparently, but that Burke woke up in the middle of the chaotic scene.. Hence, the 911 callS.

It fits with the staging that was done to make the whole thing look like a kidnapping.... until the body was found in the house. Not supposed to have happened that way at all.

IMO, that's the only scenario that makes a lick of sense. The staging took too long ( what with the 3 page ransom letter and so forth), and Burke, an innocent child, woke up and they lost the window of time to leave the house under cover of darkness.

Co-incidentally, there's a telling anecdote in their own book " DOI"- When Patsy went into labor with JonBenet, and Burke was 3, John and Patsy left him at home alone while they rushed to Northside Hospital for the birth. They went on to explain that one of the "P" aunts were coming over, but there was an early history of leaving Burke alone..

Just my opinion.. I do not think her murder can ever be solved. Crime scene too contaminated, police didn't question parents immediately, parents lawyered up and paid their way out of all trouble, etc.
This Is just one more anecdote to consider. I have considered it and find it to be plausible.

We've been over this many times. The premise doesn't have to be true for the argument to be sound. I'm not asserting that the truth of the premise (the RN was written by JR) definitely establishes the truth of the conclusion (the intent was to dump the body) I am asserting that if the premise is true, that's a good reason for thinking the conclusion is true.

It might be that the RN was not written by a Ramsey. It's not a fact that it's staged evidence, it's a conclusion that we RDIs have made. It might be it was written by PR. It might have been written by BR. It might have been written by JR but his intent may have been completely different than what I think it was. The premise could be true, but he conclusion could still be false.

I wasn't intending to suggest that our choices of who wrote the note are binary. I specifically stated in my reply to Nom that I think he and I agree that it was written by either PR or JR. Of course I assumed that agreement, which was clear enough, I think, and not objected to by Nom. Given that agreement, we have the two choices.

Chrishope,
Consider revising Modus ponen and Modus tollens at wikipedia. They are not quite the same thing.

Years ago, when the case was hot, the Ramseys leaked info to the internet via a She-Beast who will not be named.
However, some of what the woman said was true ( the leaked parts were easy to separate from the homeless pedophile living in the back alley theories), and she was a valuable, if hated, source of info until she sold the Ramseys down the river to the tabloids. At that point, she totally disappeared and the world has been a better place for it.

Oh, sure if we who were RDIs said " White", she'd have long huge posts saying " Black" with her own self posting as 2 or 3 people on her own forum, BUT when she came out with gems of her own, they were things that fit and were not widely known to the public up to that time.

Sorry for the above, but that was just so those who haven't been here the entire time will understand.

One day, this woman, who was a Ramsey info- mole and probably WAS a true confidante' of the Ramseys for a few years after the murder, let it slip in her private forum that JonBenet's body was not supposed to STAY in the basement.
When pressed, she said that the child's body was supposed to be dumped outside Boulder in the mountains, just a few blocks from the Ramsey house apparently, but that Burke woke up in the middle of the chaotic scene.. Hence, the 911 callS.

It fits with the staging that was done to make the whole thing look like a kidnapping.... until the body was found in the house. Not supposed to have happened that way at all.

IMO, that's the only scenario that makes a lick of sense. The staging took too long ( what with the 3 page ransom letter and so forth), and Burke, an innocent child, woke up and they lost the window of time to leave the house under cover of darkness.

Co-incidentally, there's a telling anecdote in their own book " DOI"- When Patsy went into labor with JonBenet, and Burke was 3, John and Patsy left him at home alone while they rushed to Northside Hospital for the birth. They went on to explain that one of the "P" aunts were coming over, but there was an early history of leaving Burke alone..

Just my opinion.. I do not think her murder can ever be solved. Crime scene too contaminated, police didn't question parents immediately, parents lawyered up and paid their way out of all trouble, etc.
This Is just one more anecdote to consider. I have considered it and find it to be plausible.

You know, it kind of makes sense.

I agree, it's the only scenario which actually makes sense. To make the kidnap scenario fly the body must be dumped, or very well hidden in the house. The body should have been found within a half hour of the 911 call, so the plan had to be either to allow the body to be quickly found -destroying the kidnapping scenario, or to dump the body. The plan was interrupted.

I had not considered that BR might have woke up thus destroying the opportunity to dump the body. This scenario would explain the body and RN being in the house at the same time, and also allow for PR to be involved. It would also explain BR's voice on the 911 call.

I agree, it's the only scenario which actually makes sense. To make the kidnap scenario fly the body must be dumped, or very well hidden in the house. The body should have been found within a half hour of the 911 call, so the plan had to be either to allow the body to be quickly found -destroying the kidnapping scenario, or to dump the body. The plan was interrupted.

I had not considered that BR might have woke up thus destroying the opportunity to dump the body. This scenario would explain the body and RN being in the house at the same time, and also allow for PR to be involved. It would also explain BR's voice on the 911 call.

Edit-

To clarify, when I say it's the only theory that makes sense, I mean the part about dumping the body. Kidnap scenarios are simply not believable with a dead body present. Intruder pedo theories are not believable with RNs present.

It's still hard to see why they could not have gone ahead with the plan to dispose of the body. PR takes BR to a friend's house for "safety" and JR "delivers" the ransom and at the same time dumps the body.

While hiding the body, and hiding it well, not just placed on the floor of the WC, is an option that still makes the kidnap scenario work, it's largely theoretical. Had dogs been brought in it's unlikely the body would go undetected.

Edit-

To clarify, when I say it's the only theory that makes sense, I mean the part about dumping the body. Kidnap scenarios are simply not believable with a dead body present. Intruder pedo theories are not believable with RNs present.

It's still hard to see why they could not have gone ahead with the plan to dispose of the body. PR takes BR to a friend's house for "safety" and JR "delivers" the ransom and at the same time dumps the body.

While hiding the body, and hiding it well, not just placed on the floor of the WC, is an option that still makes the kidnap scenario work, it's largely theoretical. Had dogs been brought in it's unlikely the body would go undetected.

Ok I think I know who SeekingJana was talking about even though I wasn't around at the time. In fact, IIRC, OTG mentioned her the other day.

At one point in time I had considered that BR may have woken up and spoiled the plan to dump JB. I can't remember now why I steered away from it.

BBM Once BR saw the dead body, they couldn't dump her for fear he may say something about "Hey we all saw her dead in the house. How'd she get in the mountains?" If they leave her in the house, pretending to all find her dead at the same time, he isn't as likely to out them with something he could say. Even if he said that he saw her dead, they'd just say he was dreaming, or she was sleeping, etc.

This scenario explains the 911 call, why she wasn't dumped, and why BR was rushed out of the house first thing that morning. It all fits.

There was no way to hide her in that house without dogs being able to detect the scent of decomp. Utterly amazing they weren't brought in....

ETA: This also explains JR's irritation with BR at the end of the 911 call. He was mad & frustrated that BR had ruined the plan to dump JB. Probably scared to death too! Also explains PR's "Oh help me Jesus! They're going to arrest me!"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back