The PayPal Defense Fund

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, these paypal accounts were around long before O'Mara and discussed when his first attorneys quit back on April 10th, and that's why I think he must have known something about them. The two original attorneys set up an account, then over a weekend George made another account before disappearing. So that's at least 2 paypal accounts, and it's actually easy to find out about them online because every network covered it that night.

I think Zimmerman spent (or hid) the 50K, or gave it to his wife to spend. Or maybe it was a "gift" from the NRA or Sean Hannity - we'll never know! Either way, he wanted "control" over it and didn't want to pay attorneys with it.

MSNBC Manuscript, April 10, 2012
UHRIG: Mr. Sonner was accompanied to the bank by Mr. Zimmerman`s
father, for the purpose of setting up a Web site by which people might make
donations. We went to great lengths to make sure the Web site was set up in way to which the PayPal account paid directly to an account on which for his father has the control on the signature rights.

Jane Velez-Mitchell Transcript, April 10,2012
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Oh, the complaints from these lawyers today. They said this Web site that you`re looking at here, , was set up by George Zimmerman in sort of a rogue fashion. He launched it on his own with PayPal so he could get money from his supporters, and this is one of the reasons these attorneys are stepping down. They say they were actually working to set up another Web site. So it would seem that these two lawyers and George Zimmerman are working at cross purposes.

*snip*

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Hey, Frank, can I jump in for a second?

TAAFFE: Yes?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We talked a lot about this Web site. The point is that these attorneys were saying they were going in the process of setting up a different Web site when all of a sudden this --

TAAFFE: Right. It was called Zimmerman Defense Fund. That`s what Hal Uhrig and the other one set up. It was called Zimmerman Defense Fund. Correct.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Right. I got that, but why? Why is he going on his own path creating a different Web site at the same time as his attorneys were setting up another one?

TAAFFE: I can`t really answer that other than the fact that he wanted me to share it with the public of this Web site, where he could have direct control.

Anderson Cooper Transcript, April 10, 2012
COOPER: So, Mr. Uhrig, were you ever officially his attorneys? Had he signed a document saying you were his attorneys? Had you met with family members? His family members?

UHRIG: We had been in communication with family members. In fact, the father went to the bank with Mr. Sonner to set up the bank account which the Web site we put up for his benefit was going to take so that we didn't touch the money. The money would go to a bank account with only his father's name on it. His father was communicative with us. He was communicative with us.

*snip*

SONNER: I'm not going to make any comments as to whether -- that's just speculation of what he's going through because of everything he's endured at this point.

But the primary thing was that all of a sudden, things -- like I think as Hal said, they went dark. He wasn't contacting me anymore. He wasn't calling by phone. He wasn't sending e-mails. He wasn't sending text messages. On Saturday, I talked with him. There was some little thing we had to resolve and everything seemed fine on Saturday.

Then something happened on Sunday and then, of course, we learned that there was a Web site that was set up, which was fine that he set it up. I had lined up a Web site designer to do it and we'd set up a bank account because I didn't think he was going to be able to do it. But it was really better that he was able to do that himself. It keeps me from being involved with his money. And that's something lawyers don't want to do being involved with their -- is have their hands too much in their clients' money.

Contrary to what some of the lawyer jokes say, we want to keep -- the quickest way to get disbarred is to get your hands in your clients' money or in your clients' trust fund. So that was just fantastic with me that he was setting up his own.

I also think that the "posed" picture of GZ's noggin 3 minutes after the shooting, might have generated "defense fund monies" from ABC.
We all know ABC pays big bucks for exclusive pictures as evidenced in the Caylee case.

Is it possible the money came from the two websites and one was Fedexed while the other account was transferred. jmo

Is it possible the money came from the two websites and one was Fedexed while the other account was transferred. jmo

It still makes no sense to me But that is my opinion of course.
Both websites had no physical addresses or P.O Box IIRC to send check or money order to by donators. It was all paperless. Besides, if considerable amount of money was involved even if in checks, a normal person would not send even thru Fedex but use courier service. Electronic account transfer is a lot safer and practically risk free.
Keep in mind that paper checks have to be requested by the account holder from Paypal and quite often take up to a week to arrive.
I do not recall either if Paypal has Fedex options for the not often used snail mail route of getting big bucks out of Paypal accounts.

I wonder too if part of that money could have come from FOX. We know that Hannity admitted that he talked to GZ but Hannity would not comment on what was said. Could be that some sort of deal was made for future interviews in exchange for a donation.

Between the picture and this call is where I think the majority of the money came from. Now the only thing I really want to know is the running daily balance of that account but I doubt we will see that unless MOM thinks it shows GZ in a favorable light and releases it.

I think the check(s) were Fedex'd by the brother in VA to MOM....JMO

The reason I think this is because it was said that the brother set the account up. So his address would be the address on record with paypal and paypal will only sent checks to that address. The plural of the word check could be because multiple request were made to paypal as the money came in.

So I think the brother requested the money from paypal over a series of time and then in turn use Fedex to get the checks he had in his possession to MOM.

I think the check(s) were Fedex'd by the brother in VA to MOM....JMO

The reason I think this is because it was said that the brother set the account up. So his address would be the address on record with paypal and paypal will only sent checks to that address. The plural of the word check could be because multiple request were made to paypal as the money came in.

So I think the brother requested the money from paypal over a series of time and then in turn use Fedex to get the checks he had in his possession to MOM.

Bottom line, the money was withdrawn over a time period of many days/weeks. It did not all roll in in just a couple of days.
A nobody in the family knew about it .Yeah, right. And MOM told another fib because he said GZ turned over the bucks. And where does that 50K plus comes in that was already used up.

Did anyone else notice that GZdefensefund dot com is now up and running with a paypal link?

The gzdefensefund website says that they got approval May 3rd from State of FL (consumer services), and that the fund will be managed by a 3rd party CPA and former IRS agent.

(I'd link but it's a paypal donation site and I don't think we can link. So, if you wish, please visit there via gzdefensefund on your own google.)

AND ... MOM has moved on discovery, and gzlegaldefense.com website has taken down the discovery delay notice posted there previously (as noted above).

MOM's getting it his way. The Doc Dump coincides with the opening of the gzdefensefund donation website & paypal link.

The best part is, that means (IMO) the Doc Dump is on it's way peeps!

:skip: :skip: :skip:

*emmasmellsadocdump*

Copied from thread 35, p 27...

Hi vl~ except that's not what O'Mara said. Here are transcripts of his two conflicting explanations of how he got the big money from George. :)

April 26
Anderson Cooper:

O'MARA: ... he said what to do with all the money in the PayPal accounts after we closed out his presence. And I asked him what he talked about. He told me the amount. I said, well, that's a significant amount of money, we need to secure that because we need to make sure that we administer it properly. And it came right to me. He'd literally FedEx'd me the checks.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/26/acd.01.html

April 27
Jane Velez Mitchell:

O'MARA: ...as soon as the opportunity presented itself for George to discuss it with me, as soon as that presented himself in telling me without question and transferring the money into my trust accounts, literally moments later, so I know his position in it.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/27/ijvm.01.html

:moo:

His statements do not contradict one another, nor is what he saying different than what I said. It only takes a moment to transfer money from paypal to another account, it's a matter of emailing the funds. Whatever checks were sent to a physical address would be sent over-night through fed-ex. Some contributors sent checks, some contributors used paypal. JMO

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't O'mara give a press conference immediately following the bond hearing stating that he was going to shut down all of the GZ defense fund websites. Yet a week later "the real George Zimmerman" website was still up and running. And then he actually had the audacity to suggest that he didn't know about it.
It was while closing down the Internet Presence that GZ called and asked what to do with the money in the paypal account. I believe what MO'M said, a week later was, he didn't know about the money. JMO

Did anyone else notice that GZdefensefund dot com is now up and running with a paypal link?

The gzdefensefund website says that they got approval May 3rd from State of FL (consumer services), and that the fund will be managed by a 3rd party CPA and former IRS agent.

(I'd link but it's a paypal donation site and I don't think we can link. So, if you wish, please visit there via gzdefensefund on your own google.)

AND ... MOM has moved on discovery, and gzlegaldefense.com website has taken down the discovery delay notice posted there previously (as noted above).

MOM's getting it his way. The Doc Dump coincides with the opening of the gzdefensefund donation website & paypal link.

The best part is, that means (IMO) the Doc Dump is on it's way peeps!

:skip: :skip: :skip:

*emmasmellsadocdump*

https://csapp.800helpfla.com/cspublicapp/businesssearch/businesssearch.aspx
--florida division of consumer services--

MARK M. O'MARA, P.A. 1416 E CONCORD ST, ORLANDO, FL 32803-5410

License Type License# Issued Expires Status

Charitable Organization---CH364280
5/03/12---05/03/13----Registered

Mark M. O'Mara P.A. Trust On Behalf Of George M. Zimmerman

Well this is good news to anyone who wanted to donate but were put off by the notion that their names would become public - MO'M states on the GZ website that personal information collected as part of the donation process will be kept strictly confidential.

Charitable organization? Does that mean no taxes have to be paid on monies collected?

So, if any of us need money...can we set up a 501 (C) for ourselves? That would be unethical...this is income so that GZ can make purchases (Paying legal fees.)

How in the name of anything decent is this acceptable?

So, if any of us need money...can we set up a 501 (C) for ourselves? That would be unethical...this is income so that GZ can make purchases (Paying legal fees.)

How in the name of anything decent is this acceptable?

He will be paying income tax on the donations. MO'M verifies this on his website.

It is only registered as a 'charitable' organization in Florida, as per State of Florida rules.

It is not registered as a Federal (501 c 3) non-profit, charitable organization. That takes time and you don't the designation get it overnight.

It is only registered as a 'charitable' organization in Florida, as per State of Florida rules.

It is not registered as a Federal (501 c 3) non-profit, charitable organization. That takes time and you don't the designation get it overnight.
Additionally I THINK if it was a 501c3 the donations would be tax deductible and they are not.
I completely misread the website and thank you for clarifying.

It was while closing down the Internet Presence that GZ called and asked what to do with the money in the paypal account. I believe what MO'M said, a week later was, he didn't know about the money. JMO

I do not understand why people have an issue with Zimmerman’s pay pal account.
He has to live, pay bills and pay for this case.

While they do not have any issue with the mega bucks that are coming in
on the other side, and they are coming in.
No link needed. Historically millions come in when the civil right leaders get involved.

As for the taxes involved I have to leave that up to the IRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member