The Phone Calls in the early morning of Dec.18, 2013 (both PayPhone & cells)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Actually, and you just made me realize this, most I see have signs that say .25 per minute, and yes, you do get a break-in recording that will say, "deposit another .25 if you wish to continue the call" when you have about ten seconds left.... Did SM break a dollar, 4 quarters, accounting for the 4 minute phone call and then after 4 mins (call was over 4 mins, I know, but the time recording breaks in is 'deducted') it abruptly ended because he had no more quarters to feed, no more dollars in his pocket to get change from the store.....just pondering. While 4 minutes is a decent amount of time spent on the phone, it's relatively short compared to what has been reported as 'no contact' since Oct between them, for a call out of the blue....

Further leads me to believe this wasn't meticulously planned, etc....I think he'd been holed-up w/ TM in that God-awful Mickey camper for 3 weeks, cross country with her constantly in his ear....this trip seemingly on the heels of TM discovering the affair and probably thinking change of scenery/get away - TM hoping for SM, out of sight/out of mind would apply to HE, and I think they got back and he was chomping at the bits to get to Heather.....I think he called her from PP so it would be undetected by TM on cell records/tracker, OR because he didn't have his phone at all, but kink came when HE called that cell # back....I think TM was home monitoring his phone and actually ambushed BOTH of them by busting them together, or just Heather waiting for SM at PTL, maybe after she texted him telling him to meet her there to talk further - Heather not knowing either he didn't have his phone and/or any monitoring TM had on it.

I have a friend whose husbands phone, she can go on account, see every up to the minute call, text and GPS location of that phone. There is seriously a 'timeline tracker' she can pull to any minute of the past 30 days and pinpoint with INCREDIBLE accuracy where this phone was. I was AMAZED....I'm talking 4:00 front door of his workplace, 4:03 pushpin points to the back of the building on smoke break.

ETA: More and more I think, I don't think SM had his cell phone that night.

I just had a thought, and can't keep up, so I don't know if this was mentioned before. Perhaps SM made a collect call from the payphone to Heather so she would know it was actually him who was calling her. When the operator talks with the person who is receiving the collect call, they normally ask the calling party to state their name (so the person who is receiving the call can hear the caller's voice). This could explain how they talked for so long without SM having to deposit a large number of quarters, and also might explain part of the reason he chose to call her from a payphone.

I've thought about that too & think it's probably a little of both. I don't know if its a text-language type of thing but that's definitely possible. It's hard for me to figure out the text acronyms most of the time. I can't even tell you how long it took me to figure out what smh meant when I saw it used on FB!

Anyway...
I tried to think of a scenario that would lead me to reply with a period. The only one I can think of would be if I was arguing with someone... & had already said whatever I needed to say to get my point across. But for whatever reason, they wouldn't let it go and kept on and on about it... & I wasn't going to waste my breath arguing about it anymore.

In other words, if I was in Heather's shoes & had already told TM she didn't need to worry about me... Yet she continued to text me about it... telling me that SM didn't have a phone anymore, etc., my response with a period might have meant...
"OK lady. I get it. I'm not arguing with you anymore because I don't care. Stop texting me."
... because I was tired of arguing w/her about it & I certainly wasn't going to add more fuel to her fire...I just said "."

I hope that made sense...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if Judge Judy is on t.v. down there, but she always tells people in bad relationships to "put a period at the end of the sentence, and move on". I took the period to mean something like that.

If that needs to be edited or deleted I apologize. But I meant like Disney and homeschooling aren't bad usually but in this situation it's. ......icky I hope you get what I'm trying to say. Lol

If that needs to be edited or deleted I apologize. But I meant like Disney and homeschooling aren't bad usually but in this situation it's. ......icky I hope you get what I'm trying to say. Lol
Oh, I hope it doesn't! No, I get you - individually each thing may not mean anything but all rolled together it's 20lbs of crazy stuffed in a 5lb sack! I gotcha - I'm just marveling at your imagination that allowed you to ramble off ALL that stack of stuff together!

Maybe you should bold or highlight which are bad, and which aren't so bad so we're all on the same page. Just to be safe. :waitasec:

I'm totally kidding. It's perfect the way it is. Don't edit a thing! :loveyou:

I just had a thought, and can't keep up, so I don't know if this was mentioned before. Perhaps SM made a collect call from the payphone to Heather so she would know it was actually him who was calling her. When the operator talks with the person who is receiving the collect call, they normally ask the calling party to state their name (so the person who is receiving the call can hear the caller's voice). This could explain how they talked for so long without SM having to deposit a large number of quarters, and also might explain part of the reason he chose to call her from a payphone.

Can cell phones accept collect calls?

They can through a 3rd party like western union or have an account set up with their ISP specifically for collect calls. But usually no.

Why would SM have been free of the handcuffs and out of the house at the pay phone on that evening? I just can't figure it out.

Did he 'escape' or was he 'freed' by TM in order to participate in her evil plan?

Shot in dark... but if someone else in household was willing to help him with a certain text about dad would they see the wrongs going on and help him get free?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the SS! Unfortunately, I can't, yet, blow it up enough to see it, but I'm glad to know it can be seen as a period mark.

I wonder why the media and/or posters were using the parenthesis around it, if that has a different meaning? Another reason to only believe what you see and hear with your own eyes and not assume anything!!
http://imgur.com/a/1lVsi#47
It's just a period....

cujenn - Thank you for your payphone work - you are a Great Sleuther! But, PLEASE take your boyfriend when you go into that part of town.

I agree! I never get out of my car around there! You are brave...but stop it!
Random thought again. So now I have to wonder...if it is so creepy there, why did Heather get gas there? Did she have no "creepy filter"? It doesn't look like that is the most convenient location to get gas for her vehicle, so was there something else in the area she went to or needed to get to? And SM found a payphone in the same area. Why was he there? The coincidence makes me think there is some kind of connection in that area, but I have no idea what it could be.

My initial goal was not to determine if (or which) phone/s currently work but to determine if the phone would ring when someone called it. The only working phone I found can make outgoing calls, but it cannot receive incoming calls.

So IF this particular phone was the one SM used (& again, I'm not insinuating that it is) and IF he had asked Heather to call him back at that number... he wouldn't have known she called... even if he was standing by the phone waiting for her to... because the phone doesn't ring.
First, thank you for checking this. I had no idea pay phones might no longer ring. When you called the phone, and it did not ring, did you happen to pick it up and see if your call went through, but the phone wasn't ringing? What I am asking is if incoming calls simply doesn't work at all, or if only the ringer is turned off. It's not important if you don't know, I am just curious for something I'm working through in my head.

First, thank you for checking this. I had no idea pay phones might no longer ring. When you called the phone, and it did not ring, did you happen to pick it up and see if your call went through, but the phone wasn't ringing? What I am asking is if incoming calls simply doesn't work at all, or if only the ringer is turned off. It's not important if you don't know, I am just curious for something I'm working through in my head.

No I didn't pick it up... I didn't even think about checking that. But on my cell phone, it only rang once and then made some kind of screeching sound. HTH!

Random thought again. So now I have to wonder...if it is so creepy there, why did Heather get gas there? Did she have no "creepy filter"? It doesn't look like that is the most convenient location to get gas for her vehicle, so was there something else in the area she went to or needed to get to? And SM found a payphone in the same area. Why was he there? The coincidence makes me think there is some kind of connection in that area, but I have no idea what it could be.

It never dawned on me before, but if turns out that they both used the same store for gas and calls, and it is out of the way for both of them, perhaps they left messages there for each other. Perhaps that is why the call came in at 1:35am (end of date).

Apparently, some are allowing collect calls to cell phones. "Some cellular phone providers are permitting collect calling to their mobile subscribers. Currently AT&T / Cingular, SprintNextel, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile and Alltel are allowing collect calls to be billed on their cell phone bills."
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_there_a_way_to_accept_collect_calls_from_prison_on_your_cell_phone

That's so crazy. Just goes to show you how many different answers the abyss has.
http://www.ask.com/question/how-to-accept-collect-calls-on-a-cell-phone-for-free

No I didn't pick it up... I didn't even think about checking that. But on my cell phone, it only rang once and then made some kind of screeching sound. HTH!

Just what I wanted to know. Thank You!

SM and HE spoke for 4+ min, but less than 5 minutes. He would have likely been able to complete 1 local call for whatever the cost was ($.50?). I doubt he called H.E. collect that night.

It really is an abyss!

If cell phones do now accept collect calls (why not, if it means more money?), I'll bet there is big charge on the bill. Land line collect calls used to be very expensive.

OT
I once called an overseas company and when my phone bill came I was surprised at how much it cost. They didnt have a toll free number and I only needed to talk to them for a short time so figured it would not be too bad.

I only talked for a couple minutes and the bill was around 75.00 I dont plan on calling overseas anymore after that experiment. This particular place was about as far away as possible though so I suppose a place like England maybe a little cheaper.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back