The Phone Calls in the early morning of Dec.18, 2013 (both PayPhone & cells)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's what I recall too SStarr, hence my earlier, now deleted post, but it may have been just .

It is what it is I guess and we can't speculate the meaning or message behind HE's response to that text from TM.

Is there a difference, then, between "." and "(.)" in texting-speak?

When initially reading about this mark, people thought Heather was sending this to SM and not to TM, and it may have been some kind of signal. I wondered about the parenthesis and whether than meant something different than a straight period mark.

When initially reading about this mark, people thought Heather was sending this to SM and not to TM, and it may have been some kind of signal. I wondered about the parenthesis and whether than meant something different than a straight period mark.

It looks like simply a period to me:

Attachments

• TMtweets.jpg
    TMtweets.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 64
That's a really good question!

I do question whether he truly was handcuffed for a "probationary," period, or if that is a bizarre ploy on his or his attorney's part to get sympathy and evade responsibility, if TM and SM did do this horrible crime.

If he was "freed" to participate, that to me is even more reprehensible than choosing to do something horrible on your own.

If he "escaped," did he then decide to participate, or is he unjustly accused?

At this point, although in the minority position by far, I cannot judge the Moorers "guilty," yet, just because they don't seem at all sympathetic or "likable."

All the presented "evidence," so far, has come from one side, the police and solicitor's side. It will be very interesting to see how some of the more damaging-seeming evidence like the calls on the morning of the 18th, the videos, and the purported DNA, and other physical evidence, is viewed when the defense gets to see it and analyze it with their own experts.

I've wondered about that too. If she still had a passlock on his phone, there'd be no use for him to take it with him although with my iPhone I can answer incoming calls without passlock interference. If she was handcuffing him to the bed as he told LE, when did she do this? He agreed to it for a six month period but beginning when? Immediately around Nov 1 when we see TM texts to HE, during the 3wk California trip that I'm 'guestimating' began right after Thanksgiving and they returned Dec 14-16 (?exact date), after the return? All of the above?

So if she was handcuffing him to the bed at this time period, why was he roaming pay phones at 1:30? Well, according to SM text to TM family, there was the mention of TM needing to get sober, words to that effect. (text shown during bond hearing) I have no clue what her DoC may be, if any, but IF she flaked/faded out before shackling him, maybe he just cut and run quick as he could, again I suspect NOT having his phone with him.
Maybe he called from 10th because he was looking for HE at TK, 10th isn't far from BATB. He didnt know where her new apartment was, AFAIK. I actually question the IE charges because we have heard they are result of what SM told police. I'm not convinced there were any IE incidents unless they are on tape. I think he may have been cruising BATB but not for a spot to hanky-panky w/TM but just looking for Heather.

Remember when the OJ charges came and a lot of us questioned and speculated the wording; it was that SM lied about where he was and TM lied about where she AND SM were....I think SM was alone at those places, looking for Heather, and later recalling where he went and afraid he may be caught on camera after whatever happened at PTL happened and made up the sex in the car story to cover why he was there, and TM backed him up.

Whole lotta :moo::moo::moo::moo:'s there.

Well, there is, but apparently we can't discuss it. With the exception of a couple of teenagers establishing to a parent/poster that it was text-speak for 'end of conversation', the other variations commenters contributed on what it means were deleted, so I guess the kids settled it for us what Heather meant in her reply.

But again, to answer your specific question, there are at least three other variations on its meaning/symbol that have been deleted from this thread.

There's a better screenshot of it somewhere, I'll look. I could swear it was more than just a period.

ETA: my ipad is acting up so I can't link it, but it is just a period, no (). Go to Media Links Sticky here in HE forum, page 7, post #156 has the link that can take you to clearer pics.

Ever since the pay phone call from SM was confirmed by MSM to be the pay phone at the [modsnip] on 10th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach (http://www.lakewyliepilot.com/2014/03/19/2345728/testimony-weaves-tale-of-lives.html), it has been nagging at me. I couldn't figure out why, so I dug through the notes and screen shots I have saved on my computer and found something interesting that might explain why it's been bothering me so much.

The initial missing persons report indicated that HCPD found 2 receipts in the front PASSENGER AREA of Heather's car that were dated December 17th. The first receipt was from (none other than) the Kangaroo on 10th Avenue North. Initially, I questioned why LE found the receipts important enough to note them specifically in the PR... but after putting together that one of the receipts found in her car was from the same gas station that SM called her from later on that night/early next morning... what are the CHANCES? Could it have been SM's receipt?

IF so... if LE has a date/time stamped receipt they recovered from the passenger side area of HEATHER'S car... AND it can be determined based on video surveillance that SM was the person who actually made the purchase... AND they already know he made the first call from a pay phone at the same location... well, that could be pretty damning evidence. If nothing else, it would at least indicate that he was with her/in her car at some point during that evening/early morning.

Apologies if this has already been covered-this new forum has me confused-here's some more specific details

http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_ada6ad1c-8f77-11e3-8ca7-001a4bcf6878.html

The receipts, dated Dec. 17, were from earlier in the day when she stopped at the Myrtle Beach Kangaroo on Mr. Joe White Avenue, and then the Carolina Forest McDonalds at International Drive.

According to the police report, the Kangaroo receipt was time stamped 4:18 p.m. Dec. 17, and the McDonald’s receipt was time stamped 4:34 p.m.

Elvis did not go to Conway Medical Center as the incident report originally states. Investigators have since learned that Heather Elvis was a different person with the same name, Squires said.

Elvis left for her date with Shiraldi at about 7 p.m. She text messaged her father a photo of herself learning to drive a standard shift automobile at 10:43 p.m. The next contact was her 1:44 a.m. phone call to Warrelmann, followed by communications with Moorer, the report said.

(for some reason I can't change text sizes or color,etc-I haven't been able to since the new forums were created)..nevertheless in this article if you notice it states the contact w/Moorer was AFTER 1:44 a.m. not BEFORE-so does that mean the intial thing that upset Heather & made her call BW was a text and not a voice msg?? might it have been sent from SM phone to make it LOOK like it was SM. If SM had apparently stated he told Heather to stop bothering him could he have been handcuffed all nite until them w/TM playing head games w/Heather & setting her up. I hope Quantico was able to see WHO was driving in those videos..Until the trial (which can be a year away) will we even find out anything???

I'd like to believe this...but then why would his attorney say this:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/charges-cou...ry?id=22644848

"“Sidney has no connection to, nor knowledge of, any facts surrounding the disappearance of Heather Elvis,” Truslow said in a statement. “I firmly believe Sidney will be completely exonerated.”

SM , if he confessed to knowing that it was TM who killed HE....certainly has "knowledge of the facts surrounding the disappearance." I know defense attys use weasel words...but I cannot parse these in any way but stonewalling.

c b m
Because SM's attny is a DEFENSE ATTORNEY. That's what they do. ;)

Thank you so much for the SS! Unfortunately, I can't, yet, blow it up enough to see it, but I'm glad to know it can be seen as a period mark.

I wonder why the media and/or posters were using the parenthesis around it, if that has a different meaning? Another reason to only believe what you see and hear with your own eyes and not assume anything!!

I've wondered about that too. If she still had a passlock on his phone, there'd be no use for him to take it with him although with my iPhone I can answer incoming calls without passlock interference. If she was handcuffing him to the bed as he told LE, when did she do this? He agreed to it for a six month period but beginning when? Immediately around Nov 1 when we see TM texts to HE, during the 3wk California trip that I'm 'guestimating' began right after Thanksgiving and they returned Dec 14-16 (?exact date), after the return? All of the above?

So if she was handcuffing him to the bed at this time period, why was he roaming pay phones at 1:30? Well, according to SM text to TM family, there was the mention of TM needing to get sober, words to that effect. (text shown during bond hearing) I have no clue what her DoC may be, if any, but IF she flaked/faded out before shackling him, maybe he just cut and run quick as he could, again I suspect NOT having his phone with him.
Maybe he called from 10th because he was looking for HE at TK, 10th isn't far from BATB. He didnt know where her new apartment was, AFAIK. I actually question the IE charges because we have heard they are result of what SM told police. I'm not convinced there were any IE incidents unless they are on tape. I think he may have been cruising BATB but not for a spot to hanky-panky w/TM but just looking for Heather.

Remember when the OJ charges came and a lot of us questioned and speculated the wording; it was that SM lied about where he was and TM lied about where she AND SM were....I think SM was alone at those places, looking for Heather, and later recalling where he went and afraid he may be caught on camera after whatever happened at PTL happened and made up the sex in the car story to cover why he was there, and TM backed him up.

Whole lotta :moo::moo::moo::moo:'s there.

b b m

Who knows what time they normally go to bed?
The M's are not kids on a sleep schedule. lol

c b m
Because SM's attny is a DEFENSE ATTORNEY. That's what they do. ;)
Right, weasel words, key one being "facts". Defense atty will go WILD with that one because he could say knowledge SM has is from TM and, "Does he know this for A FACT? Did he witness this with his own eyes? No? Oh then he's going on TM word and account of what SHE told him happened at PTL and, well, we know she's a lying liar who lies."
Semantics, again.

Respectfully snipped by me.

Yes, this is what I was thinking. That he ran out of change for the call and thus she had to call him back...but it didn't ring or go through for some reason.

That makes sense, except for the long interval.

I used to do that years ago with someone who temporarily had no cell phone. He would call me from the pay phone and then I would call back, so he wouldn't have to have change. Heather waited almost 55 minutes to call back, so I think something else was going on

Right, weasel words, key one being "facts". Defense atty will go WILD with that one because he could say knowledge SM has is from TM and, "Does he know this for A FACT? Did he witness this with his own eyes? No? Oh then he's going on TM word and account of what SHE told him happened at PTL and, well, we know she's a lying liar who lies."
Semantics, again.

weasel words :floorlaugh:

There's a better screenshot of it somewhere, I'll look. I could swear it was more than just a period.

ETA: my ipad is acting up so I can't link it, but it is just a period, no (). Go to Media Links Sticky here in HE forum, page 7, post #156 has the link that can take you to clearer pics.

Thank you so much for the SS! Unfortunately, I can't, yet, blow it up enough to see it, but I'm glad to know it can be seen as a period mark.

I wonder why the media and/or posters were using the parenthesis around it, if that has a different meaning? Another reason to only believe what you see and hear with your own eyes and not assume anything!!

Thanks SeaNymph, it is a clearer pic, #19 on the link below:

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/03/17/4102373/moorers-bond-denied.html

The only reason I can think they put parenthesis around it was to point it out, not knowing that might change the meaning of her answer.

You're welcome PPkik, check the link for a much better shot of her 'period' answer. :)

click here
http://imgur.com/a/1lVsi#43

picture #42 click on to enlarge

Its a period.
showthread.php

So IF this particular phone was the one SM used (& again, I'm not insinuating that it is) and IF he had asked Heather to call him back at that number... he wouldn't have known she called... even if he was standing by the phone waiting for her to... because the phone doesn't ring.

And unless SM tells us exactly what he did as far as standing around waiting we'll never know, unless there is video of him hanging around the phone, waiting.

However we do know one thing: if he did wait around, according to the evidence shown in court, Heather first tried to call back at 2:29am at whatever payphone number SM called from. That means he would have been standing around for 50 min. after they hung up the first call, before she even attempted to call him.

Thanks SeaNymph, it is a clearer pic, #19 on the link below:

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/03/17/4102373/moorers-bond-denied.html

The only reason I can think they put parenthesis around it was to point it out, not knowing that might change the meaning of her answer.

You're welcome PPkik, check the link for a much better shot of her 'period' answer. :)

The link worked, so I did see it for myself! Again thanks, though I believed you all.... If it was someone in the media who added the parenthesis, they should go back to basic grammar school and learn what quotation marks mean. :notgood: :laugh:

And speaking of the "no longer owns a phone" text, I find it interesting HRE texted back a single period. Is that text-language for "stop?" As in, stop texting me? Or is it just an acknowledgement like, Roger that, message received?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw her do that on her springform like this ...
It was after someone said something really rude. So I take it as a "whatever" :/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back