The Phone Calls in the early morning of Dec.18, 2013 (both PayPhone & cells)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If they had gone to her apartment, IMO, there should have been some signs of a struggle or something. Doubtful she would have gone quietly with SM/TM. I suppose TM could have been hiding...but my instincts say LE knows Heather left her apartment alone. They have said so, more or less, from the start. Someone posted today that there are cameras at the complex...maybe they have had video for a while.

The timeline makes sense to me, overall. Heather was waiting to hear back from SM. Played on tumblr, maybe sent some messages. Finally calls him back. Eventually gets him on phone and leaves at once to meet him. Even the six minutes could work for me, for the murder. Time six minutes out...it is a while. But I also have a feeling that the state will not try to convince the jury it took place there. Since she has not been found, the crime scene may be with her body.

All they had to do was hit her on the head to subdue her for a few seconds, throw her in the truck and go. Six minutes is way long, for that, iMO. Same amount of time as shooting her, probably. Either could be done in less than one minute. The state may even set an alarm for six minutes in the courtroom, if they believe it happened at PTL. That is what I would do. Then the jury could feel how long it really is.

JMO

Set a clock like they did with Jodi Arias. Great idea! :cheers:

It's less than 6 minutes, more like 3 minutes. At 3:39, the car is 1 mile away, and and 3:45, the car is 1.2 miles away.

Let me try this again... :)
Suppose TM and SM had been fighting that night. SM either drove his truck to the station, or got out of the truck nearby and walked to the station. Once there he called Heather and told her he was leaving his wife. He tried for over 4 minutes to convince her to come to him, but she told him no. Some time passed while Heather was reading poetry and getting sentimental, and then she tried to call SM back. There is no answer (maybe he is away from the phone since Heather didn't seem receptive to him, sitting in his truck listening to music and doesn't hear the phone ringing) so she tries his cell phone, which is in TM's possession.
Maybe the long conversation between his cell phone (at his house) and Heather was actually Heather and TM speaking with each other? Maybe Heather told TM about the phone call she received that night from SM, making TM furious?
Maybe Heather drove to the gas station to "rescue" SM from TM's wrath, or because she just wanted to give him a ride someplace (if he didn't have his truck), or because she truly loved him...
So suppose she drove to the gas station around the same time TM has decided to go out and find SM. TM arrives to find SM and Heather together, and seeing her with SM, in a jealous rage kills her (runs into her? shoots her?) there.
Maybe it was only after that that Heather's car was driven to PTL and left there? Maybe TM used Heather's phone at PTL, calling SM's phone and trying to make it look like either Heather ran away, or intentionally to implicate SM in Heather's murder?

LE has stated that the M's cell was at their home at 3:17am and Heather was at her apartment at that time...and that after that call Heather got in her car and drove to PTL...LE has not said anything about Heather driving anywhere else or her phone pinging from any other place but her home and PTL...LE has only said that the M's phone was at their home...so, imo, the above scenario would not fit

Has there ever been a confirmed report/statement by LE that the last ping was at 6:00 at PTL?

I know the info has been on the web, but is it part of the LE record?

If they had gone to her apartment, IMO, there should have been some signs of a struggle or something. Doubtful she would have gone quietly with SM/TM. I suppose TM could have been hiding...but my instincts say LE knows Heather left her apartment alone. They have said so, more or less, from the start. Someone posted today that there are cameras at the complex...maybe they have had video for a while.

The timeline makes sense to me, overall. Heather was waiting to hear back from SM. Played on tumblr, maybe sent some messages. Finally calls him back. Eventually gets him on phone and leaves at once to meet him. Even the six minutes could work for me, for the murder. Time six minutes out...it is a while. But I also have a feeling that the state will not try to convince the jury it took place there. Since she has not been found, the crime scene may be with her body.

All they had to do was hit her on the head to subdue her for a few seconds, throw her in the truck and go. Six minutes is way long, for that, iMO. Same amount of time as shooting her, probably. Either could be done in less than one minute. The state may even set an alarm for six minutes in the courtroom, if they believe it happened at PTL. That is what I would do. Then the jury could feel how long it really is.

JMO
Good points all. I did set a timer for 6 minutes to concentrate on how long 6 minutes FELT. The M's had to have a firm plan in order to commit this murder. The killing could have been swift but putting a body into a vehicle and getting back to the M compound .... Idk....

Do any of you remember TM's post... something to the effect of "Quote of the night: You can't be on a pay phone in one place and another place at the same time"? I'm sure I have butchered the wording. It was something about you can't be in 2 places at once...

Do any of you remember TM's post... something to the effect of "Quote of the night: You can't be on a pay phone in one place and another place at the same time"? I'm sure I have butchered the wording. It was something about you can't be in 2 places at once...

I didn't, but there is a thread for members to post about what's on the M's social media. Someone there might remember. It's called the Parking Lot and you can find it on the main page of the forum too but here's a link. hth

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

No, but I would LOVE to know about that

The cell phone time line is almost unbelievable to me.
Did things really happen so fast?

Goes to they didn't have a heartfelt conversation there :(

If it is claimed in future she was not there i would not believe it. Because who only waits 3 minutes for somebody in the middle of night.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Has there ever been a confirmed report/statement by LE that the last ping was at 6:00 at PTL?

A police report says Elvis’ father contacted T-Mobile, his cellular provider, which the report says provided him with a call history for the victim’s phone.
According to the report, the last phone calls were at about 6 a.m. Dec. 18, about four hours after Elvis and Shiraldi ended their date

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html

I found this. It's a little vague. I'm looking for others.

Investigators also confirmed earlier reports of cell phone communications between Heather Elvis and Sidney Moorer, a 38-year-old Horry County man with whom police records state she had a relationship history.
Those communications occurred as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18, police records state.
Attempts to reach Moorer have been unsuccessful.
Investigators would not elaborate on the nature of the discussions between Elvis and Moorer.
They did say Elvis and Moorer exchanged communications between 2 and 6 a.m., mostly through private messaging, but investigators wouldn’t say what those discussions entailed either.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_ada6ad1c-8f77-11e3-8ca7-001a4bcf6878.html

I thought it was something like "you can't kill someone when you're on the phone".

There was another one like "two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead".

Good points all. I did set a timer for 6 minutes to concentrate on how long 6 minutes FELT. The M's had to have a firm plan in order to commit this murder. The killing could have been swift but putting a body into a vehicle and getting back to the M compound .... Idk....

i don't know how to post multiple quotes but someone upthread posted that the murder took around 6 minutes...

6 minutes is a bit too lofty...going by the timeline at 3:39 the M's car was caught on a business surveillance video close to the landing...now Heather's phone data stops at 3:41...

so now @3:45 they are caught on the same business video leaving PTL as per the solicitor the second camera caught them a minute later...so they were speeding away...

so if we shave off a minute or two from the 3:45 time that would give them around 2 minutes to commit the crime and put Heather in the car...

imo,i believe it is doable...how i am not sure, hitting her with the car, hitting her on the head, knocking her out...idk...better be some good evidence out there...

does this make sense?

Do we know if the clock on the surveillance camera's automatically change from daylight savings time or is it a manual change?

Good grief.

In the first link (previous post) it appears TE remarked on the 6:00 call, but I've read transcripts of more than one interview with him on this. He has always said 3:41.

In the link in the post above it says this:
"Those communications occurred as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18, police records state."

This does not jive with the current statement from LE.

I don't know why this has had to be such an issue. In a murder timeline, actually in any discussion of time, there is a decided difference between 3:41 and 6:00.

And again, if they are referencing pings, that is not communications.

So now we are at the "roundabout" stage of the difference between the times. It would be good comedy if it didn't pertain to the timeline of Heather's murder. What has always bothered me about this is that it was potentially the difference of how long she actually lived.

Ever since the pay phone call from SM was confirmed by MSM to be the pay phone at the [modsnip] on 10th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach (http://www.lakewyliepilot.com/2014/03/19/2345728/testimony-weaves-tale-of-lives.html), it has been nagging at me. I couldn't figure out why, so I dug through the notes and screen shots I have saved on my computer and found something interesting that might explain why it's been bothering me so much.

The initial missing persons report indicated that HCPD found 2 receipts in the front PASSENGER AREA of Heather's car that were dated December 17th. The first receipt was from (none other than) the Kangaroo on 10th Avenue North. Initially, I questioned why LE found the receipts important enough to note them specifically in the PR... but after putting together that one of the receipts found in her car was from the same gas station that SM called her from later on that night/early next morning... what are the CHANCES? Could it have been SM's receipt?

IF so... if LE has a date/time stamped receipt they recovered from the passenger side area of HEATHER'S car... AND it can be determined based on video surveillance that SM was the person who actually made the purchase... AND they already know he made the first call from a pay phone at the same location... well, that could be pretty damning evidence. If nothing else, it would at least indicate that he was with her/in her car at some point during that evening/early morning.

Ever since the pay phone call from SM was confirmed by MSM to be the pay phone at the Kangaroo Express on 10th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach (http://www.lakewyliepilot.com/2014/03/19/2345728/testimony-weaves-tale-of-lives.html), it has been nagging at me. I couldn't figure out why, so I dug through the notes and screen shots I have saved on my computer and found something interesting that might explain why it's been bothering me so much.

The initial missing persons report indicated that HCPD found 2 receipts in the front PASSENGER AREA of Heather's car that were dated December 17th. The first receipt was from (none other than) the Kangaroo on 10th Avenue North. Initially, I questioned why LE found the receipts important enough to note them specifically in the PR... but after putting together that one of the receipts found in her car was from the same gas station that SM called her from later on that night/early next morning... what are the CHANCES? Could it have been SM's receipt?

IF so... if LE has a date/time stamped receipt they recovered from the passenger side area of HEATHER'S car... AND it can be determined based on video surveillance that SM was the person who actually made the purchase... AND they already know he made the first call from a pay phone at the same location... well, that could be pretty damning evidence. If nothing else, it would at least indicate that he was with her/in her car at some point during that evening/early morning.

I wondered why they referenced the receipt as well. But wasn't it time stamped earlier in the day on the 17th?

Or am I not understanding what you're saying?

Good grief.

In the first link (previous post) it appears TE remarked on the 6:00 call, but I've read transcripts of more than one interview with him on this. He has always said 3:41.

In the link in the post above it says this:
"Those communications occurred as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18, police records state."

This does not jive with the current statement from LE.

I don't know why this has had to be such an issue. In a murder timeline, actually in any discussion of time, there is a decided difference between 3:41 and 6:00.

And again, if they are referencing pings, that is not communications.

So now we are at the "roundabout" stage of the difference between the times. It would be good comedy if it didn't pertain to the timeline of Heather's murder. What has always bothered me about this is that it was potentially the difference of how long she actually lived.

If this 6 am business doesn't get cleared up on the 28th, I fear we'll end up in a padded room :scared::scared:

I wondered why they referenced the receipt as well. But wasn't it time stamped earlier in the day on the 17th?

Or am I not understanding what you're saying?

This is what I remember, too. It was time stamped in the afternoon on the 17th, and they determined the receipt was Heather's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back