The Phone Calls in the early morning of Dec.18, 2013 (both PayPhone & cells)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i don't know how to post multiple quotes but someone upthread posted that the murder took around 6 minutes...

6 minutes is a bit too lofty...going by the timeline at 3:39 the M's car was caught on a business surveillance video close to the landing...now Heather's phone data stops at 3:41...

so now @3:45 they are caught on the same business video leaving PTL as per the solicitor the second camera caught them a minute later...so they were speeding away...

so if we shave off a minute or two from the 3:45 time that would give them around 2 minutes to commit the crime and put Heather in the car...

imo,i believe it is doable...how i am not sure, hitting her with the car, hitting her on the head, knocking her out...idk...better be some good evidence out there...

does this make sense?
Yes it makes sense.... I'm thinking they knocked HE out ...they had to incompacitate her then get her in the car. If so, then what? They
killed her in a vehicle? Idk
I'm with you on evidence they better have good
solid evidence.

LE said the trial might be a year away...plenty of time to organize the timeline. They said the investigation is on-going and fluid...some things will be clarified, others discarded, IMO. They must have records, files and videos coming in all the time, still going through them probably. JMO

Also, things are said initially in police reports that may not be accurate...they are a record of what people tell them, initially. Not necessarily verified facts.

I don't think anyone is having trouble accepting that police reports can be inaccurate.

Or that media reports of police reports can be even more inaccurate.

As for the timeline, it's an extremely short window no matter what. Somebody was moving pretty fast with a pretty well-thought out script.

I'm just going to throw this out there and see what happens:

I used the formula: Time = Distance/Speed.

Suspect Vehicle (F150) leaves M Compound at 3:29 - is spotted by #1 camera at 3:36 1.7 mi from Compound (Known fact) - spotted by #2 camera at 3:39 1.2 mi from #1 camera (or 2.9 mi from Compound) - (known fact). Vehicle should have arrived at PTL at 3:41. Average speed is ~24 MPH for the 3.9 miles trip to PTL.

Suspect vehicle leaves PTL at 3:44 - spotted by #2 camera at 3:46 1.2 mi from PTL (known fact) - spotted by #1 camera at 3:48 1.7 mi from the #2 camera (2.9 mi total) - known fact. Suspect vehicle should have arrived at the Compound at 3:50. Average speed is ~70 MPH. They were flying!

And, by this theory, they only had about 3 minutes - not 6 - to kidnap Heather.

I know this is not 100% correct so please be gentle - it's only a theory to demonstrate the time/speed relationship.
I get different numbers, and different numbers yet depending on how the seconds were on the time.

Confirmed times on the way there:
Camera 1: 3:36
Camera 2: 3:39

If Camera 1 just turned 3:36 and camera 2 just turned 3:39, then the time is 3 minutes to go 1.7 miles. See below for other options.

There are 60 minutes in an hour. Three minutes of travel time is 3/60. You have to multiply the hours worth of minutes (60) times the distance, then divide by 3 (because we are figuring Miles per Hour) The result is 34MPH (check the result here:http://www.machinehead-software.co.uk/bike/speed_distance_time_calc.html

Confirmed times on the way back:
Camera 2: 3:46
Camera 1: 3:48

If Camera 2 just turned 3:46 and Camera 1 just turned 3:48, then the time is 2 minutes to go 1.7 miles. See below for other options. Using the above equation, we get 51MPH

That makes travel MPH 34 MPH going to PTL and 51 MPH from PTL.

However, say on the way there, Camera 1 just turned 3:36 and Camera 2 was actually 3:39:59. That would be three minutes and 59 seconds. The vehicle would be traveling traveling 25.6 MPH.

If, on the return trip, Camera 2 just turned 3:46 and Camera 1 was 3:48:59, that would be 2 minutes and 59 seconds, and the vehicle would be traveling 34.2 mph.

So MPH to PTL from Camera 1 to Camera 2 is 25.6mph to 34mph.
And away from PTL from Camera 2 to Camera 2 is 34.2mph to 51mph.

Then there is the whole physics thing where a car doesn't start out at the MPH measured between two markers after the car gets rolling, so the car did not go 34.2-51mph from PTL to Camera 2, but would average slightly slower, blah, blah.

Yes, they were going faster on the way back, and IF it were 51MPH, that's pretty peppy. But it isn't 70 mph. I can do more math showing how many minutes it could be at PTL, but suffice it to say I'm pretty sure it's still not more than 6-7 minutes.

I don't think anyone is having trouble accepting that police reports can be inaccurate.

As for the timeline, it's an extremely short window no matter what. Somebody was moving pretty fast with a pretty well-thought out script.

Well, they had three weeks to get it straight.

Someone told me earlier that is the same one that SM called her from.
I'm fairly certain that has not been confirmed. I tried to pin it down last night, but all I could get was that the phone call from SM came from a phone on 10th ave N/Joe White Ave. Does anyone have the actual address of where SM called Heather from?

I get different numbers, and different numbers yet depending on how the seconds were on the time.

Confirmed times on the way there:
Camera 1: 3:36
Camera 2: 3:39

If Camera 1 just turned 3:36 and camera 2 just turned 3:39, then the time is 3 minutes to go 1.7 miles. See below for other options.

There are 60 minutes in an hour. Three minutes of travel time is 3/60. You have to multiply the hours worth of minutes (60) times the distance, then divide by 3 (because we are figuring Miles per Hour) The result is 34MPH (check the result here:http://www.machinehead-software.co.uk/bike/speed_distance_time_calc.html

Confirmed times on the way back:
Camera 2: 3:46
Camera 1: 3:48

If Camera 2 just turned 3:46 and Camera 1 just turned 3:48, then the time is 2 minutes to go 1.7 miles. See below for other options. Using the above equation, we get 51MPH

That makes travel MPH 34 MPH going to PTL and 51 MPH from PTL.

However, say on the way there, Camera 1 just turned 3:36 and Camera 2 was actually 3:39:59. That would be three minutes and 59 seconds. The vehicle would be traveling traveling 25.6 MPH.

If, on the return trip, Camera 2 just turned 3:46 and Camera 1 was 3:48:59, that would be 2 minutes and 59 seconds, and the vehicle would be traveling 34.2 mph.

So MPH to PTL from Camera 1 to Camera 2 is 25.6mph to 34mph.
And away from PTL from Camera 2 to Camera 2 is 34.2mph to 51mph.

Then there is the whole physics thing where a car doesn't start out at the MPH measured between two markers after the car gets rolling, so the car did not go 34.2-51mph from PTL to Camera 2, but would average slightly slower, blah, blah.

Yes, they were going faster on the way back, and IF it were 51MPH, that's pretty peppy. But it isn't 70 mph. I can do more math showing how many minutes it could be at PTL, but suffice it to say I'm pretty sure it's still not more than 6-7 minutes.

I think my brain is bleeding on this one. My hubby is an engineer and speaks in these long math gobbledygook equations and I get so lost The Goonies couldn't find me. I'm just going to trust you. :)

I think we can all agree the whatever went down at PTL happened fast and the truck left PTL at a higher rate of speed than it arrived.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Even three minutes is long enough to knock a person on the head and get them into a vehicle and drive away. One minute might be enough.

Do we have any information stating that Heather drove straight from home to PTL? Could she possibly have picked someone up from the gas station that had the payphone?

Phone data says she was at her apartment at 3:17 and at Peachtree Landing by 3:38. That's a difference of 21 minutes and the drive takes about 17 minutes. Not much leeway there.

There is a 2 min. lapse from HRE's last attempt to call SM at 3:41 - SM is 1.2 miles from the landing.

How long would it take to go 1.2 miles? At what point would Heather see the headlights given it's a dark area?

The truck arrived at the last camera by PTL at 3:39 and was back on that camera at 3:45 leaving, which is a difference of 6 mins.

How many minutes would you subtract for a round trip?

EDT - to correct times - I think it is now right (ugggh)

Suddenly, I am left wondering if that last call, after a two minute lull, is because SM isn't there and TM is and she grabs the phone from Heather's hand and chucks it into the water. I keep wondering if SM was left handcuffed to their bed...with his phone password protected but just within view. So, TM could torment both of them.

I agree with all of that except the "well thought out" part. Two somebodies are sitting in jail right now.

Suddenly, I am left wondering if that last call, after a two minute lull, is because SM isn't there and TM is and she grabs the phone from Heather's hand and chucks it into the water. I keep wondering if SM was left handcuffed to their bed...with his phone password protected but just within view. So, TM could torment both of them.

Wasn't there a FB post by TM where she listed the time of all the calls Heather made, and said that SM only answered the second 3:17 call? I remember thinking it was so strange that she knew the exact time of all the calls and knew he answered the *second* 3:17 call.

I can accept that SM can change his version of the facts regarding what he spoke with HE about. I can also accept that HE friend can change her version of the facts regarding what she spoke with HE about. There aren't any witnesses, that I know of, to corroborate or refute their stories. So I take those with a grain of salt. People recall things later, people forget things, people lie.

That leaves the video surveillance and phone records. It's a small window and that's a problem for me.

If either the video surveillance and/or phone records are amended/changed later by LE or the prosecution because they were somehow wrong, then I have to ask myself, what else did they get wrong in the investigation?

They would have to know exactly what time she left home because of all the security at her complex.
It hasn't been determined if the security cameras work at her complex or if they would have picked up her leaving. It was only posted on an advertisement on their website they had security cameras and was well lit.

The M's are at most a 4miles from PTL. At 50mph, that would be what, 2 minutes and at 25 miles per hour that would be 4 minutes, right? So, from 3:21-3:39 that is 17 minutes. Did the driver try to time it so that he or she would arrive just a minute or two after Heather pulled in? Who here thinks that TM might have put on SM clothes and a ball cap before hopping in the driver's seat? Then when the truck pulls in, Heather gets out, locks her car and with her items in hand moves toward the truck... thinking SM is driving.

Wasn't there a FB post by TM where she listed the time of all the calls Heather made, and said that SM only answered the second 3:17 call? I remember thinking it was so strange that she knew the exact time of all the calls and knew he answered the *second* 3:17 call.
Yes. I do recall seeing it. Hope someone captured it.

But if you're SM, in jail, looking at a kidnapping and murder charge wouldn't you say something to your lawyer? His lawyer has said (paraphrasing, I can find a link if need be) that SM doesn't know anything about HE kidnapping or murder.

ETA: Adding a link.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/charges-couple-suspected-womans-disappearance/story?id=22644848

"“Sidney has no connection to, nor knowledge of, any facts surrounding the disappearance of Heather Elvis,” Truslow said in a statement. “I firmly believe Sidney will be completely exonerated.”

Not saying that your scenario couldn't have happened, only that if it did happen that way it seems SM would be saying that instead of the above.

But if you're SM, in jail, looking at a kidnapping and murder charge wouldn't you say something to your lawyer? His lawyer has said (paraphrasing, I can find a link if need be) that SM doesn't know anything about HE kidnapping or murder.
His lawyer also said this is not what it looks like.
LE said they know exactly who killed Heather.

We know that TM is very anal a planner down to every menu item for a trip 8 months away. I suspect she obsessed over a scenario where she could lure Heather out and ambush her. All the while, using SM's phone, his SM and even him for some aspects...thus if anything went wrong everyone could say that SM did something.

IMO, he has already talked and told the truth. I believe or am leaning toward a theory where the men threatening and shooting at him did so at TM's bequest. I suspect they are the same two men that threatened TE.
I'm also thinking that SM probably doesn't know where Heather was left.

I don't get why people don't think Heather willingly got in the truck. SM convinced her to drive to PTL at 3 in the morning so it is not farfetched to think she would also get in his truck if she was under the impression it was just him and they were going to talk. She didn't drive to PTL to talk to him through each other's car/truck windows, IMO.

I don't get why people don't think Heather willingly got in the truck. SM convinced her to drive to PTL at 3 in the morning so it is not farfetched to think she would also get in his truck if she was under the impression it was just him and they were going to talk. She didn't drive to PTL to talk to him through each other's car/truck windows, IMO.

And if they really were just going to talk the phone works great for that :)
Agree, Of course she would get in his truck.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back