The Phone Calls in the early morning of Dec.18, 2013 (both PayPhone & cells)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM

Sidney called Heather at 1:35 A.M. They talked approximately 4 mins. She didn't leave for PTL until 3:21 A.M. How is it she ran off to PTL as soon as SM told her to ? How do you know he told her to? All this took place in the early morning hours of Dec. 18th. It was not in the middle of the night.

I should have been clear about which calls I was talking about. I wasn't talking about SM's call from the pay phone..but Heather's call to him at 3:16am...3:17am...ect.

Heather calling SM's phone BEFORE going to PTL.

Heather calls SM's phone and TM,SM or both decide in that moment that she's going to be eliminated. One of them tells her to go to PTL. That is premeditation.They didn't have to plan it a week in advance or even a day. I feel like they didn't answer Heather's calls right away because they were arguing and then TM,most likely, decided that Heather calling SM's phone was the final straw. She tells SM to get Heather to go to PTL and that was it.

Then Heather arrives at PTL and tries to call SM again but he doesn't answer.

As far as the M's knowing if Heather would stay at PTL while they were not answering...they couldn't know for sure...but she clearly agreed to meet there so it's safe to assume that she wouldn't just leave if SM were a few minutes late. She ran off to PTL as soon as SM told her to and in the middle of the night...she wasn't going anywhere until she saw him.

How do I know that SM told her to? Well I don't. How could I know that? I was stating my opinion just like everyone else in this forum. As for....middle of the night VS early morning hour....I actually do comprehend the meaning of "early morning hours"...but if I were to wake up at 3:30am, I would consider that to be the middle of the night. Call it whatever you want to.

BBM

Thank-You Madeleine :loser: I'm the same way.

I agree with this. IMO we might be shocked when this case goes to trial to see and hear the evidence that we have no idea about. I know for me personally I was shocked with the evidence (text messages etc) that was presented at the last hearing that we had not even thought of. I don't think all of the holes will be filled in for us like on TV but I do think that lots of questions will be answered at trial. Some of the answers may be more shocking than others IMO.

Does anyone know or remember if any of our local sleuths were able to confirm that the Kangaroo gas station where Heather got gas, on the 17th, had a pay phone?
Yes, it did have a payphone. The payphone was not working at the time it was checked. That was cujenn81 who did that. Here is one post, there are more.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10370509&postcount=338
"There is ONE phone that currently works on 10th Ave North--at the Circle K gas station. There are two other phones on 10th Avenue North--one at the Kangaroo Express & one at Family Dollar. As of today's date, the phones at Kangaroo Express and Family Dollar do not work."

Heather calls SM's phone and TM,SM or both decide in that moment that she's going to be eliminated. One of them tells her to go to PTL. That is premeditation.They didn't have to plan it a week in advance or even a day. I feel like they didn't answer Heather's calls right away because they were arguing and then TM,most likely, decided that Heather calling SM's phone was the final straw. She tells SM to get Heather to go to PTL and that was it. As far as the M's knowing if Heather would stay at PTL while they were not answering...they couldn't know for sure...but she clearly agreed to meet there so it's safe to assume that she wouldn't just leave if SM were a few minutes late. She ran off to PTL as soon as SM told her to and in the middle of the night...she wasn't going anywhere until she saw him.

[/b]

I should have been clear about which calls I was talking about. I wasn't talking about SM's call from the pay phone..but Heather's call to him at 3:16am...3:17am...ect.

Heather calling SM's phone BEFORE going to PTL.

Heather calls SM's phone and TM,SM or both decide in that moment that she's going to be eliminated. One of them tells her to go to PTL. That is premeditation.They didn't have to plan it a week in advance or even a day. I feel like they didn't answer Heather's calls right away because they were arguing and then TM,most likely, decided that Heather calling SM's phone was the final straw. She tells SM to get Heather to go to PTL and that was it.

Then Heather arrives at PTL and tries to call SM again but he doesn't answer.

As far as the M's knowing if Heather would stay at PTL while they were not answering...they couldn't know for sure...but she clearly agreed to meet there so it's safe to assume that she wouldn't just leave if SM were a few minutes late. She ran off to PTL as soon as SM told her to and in the middle of the night...she wasn't going anywhere until she saw him.

How do I know that SM told her to? Well I don't. How could I know that? I was stating my opinion just like everyone else in this forum. As for....middle of the night VS early morning hour....I actually do comprehend the meaning of "early morning hours"...but if I were to wake up at 3:30am, I would consider that to be the middle of the night. Call it whatever you want to.

BBM

How do any of Heather's calls to Sidney relate to the BBM in your previous post I quoted. All of those calls went unanswered.

BBM

How do any of Heather's calls to Sidney relate to the BBM in your previous post I quoted. All of those calls went unanswered.

From timeline

• 3:16am: Heather tried to call SM's cell phone, no answer

• 3:17am: Heather called SM's cell phone and spoke with someone for 4.15 minutes; Heather's and SM's phones were each at their own homes at this point

• ~3:21am: Heather drove from her apartment to Peachtree Landing

If the call started at 3:17 and lasted 4:15 the call would have ended between 3:21 and 3:22AM and she left at 3:21 meaning that she didn't take time to do makeup shower or much anything. That to me is walking out the door as the call is ending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM

I should have been clear about which calls I was talking about. I wasn't talking about SM's call from the pay phone..but Heather's call to him at 3:16am...3:17am...ect. ~ Motherof5

At 2:29 a.m. , she called the payphone back, but no one answered. Elvis, who was still at her home, then called Sidney Moorer’s cell phone at 3:16 a.m. and again a minute later. During that call, someone answered the phone and there was a 4:15 minute conversation.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...imony-weaves-a-tale-of-how.html#storylink=cpy

Not all of the calls went unanswered. Heather had a conversation with SOMEONE who was using SM's phone at 3:17am and then went straight to PTL after that call. I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Did she speak to SM during that call? Did she speak to TM? Both of them? I don't know...I wasn't there. I can only offer an opinion and that is what I did.

Heather calls SM's phone and TM,SM or both decide in that moment that she's going to be eliminated. One of them tells her to go to PTL. That is premeditation.They didn't have to plan it a week in advance or even a day. I feel like they didn't answer Heather's calls right away because they were arguing and then TM,most likely, decided that Heather calling SM's phone was the final straw. She tells SM to get Heather to go to PTL and that was it. As far as the M's knowing if Heather would stay at PTL while they were not answering...they couldn't know for sure...but she clearly agreed to meet there so it's safe to assume that she wouldn't just leave if SM were a few minutes late. She ran off to PTL as soon as SM told her to and in the middle of the night...she wasn't going anywhere until she saw him.

I should have been clear about which calls I was talking about. I wasn't talking about SM's call from the pay phone..but Heather's call to him at 3:16am...3:17am...ect. ~ Motherof5

At 2:29 a.m. , she called the payphone back, but no one answered. Elvis, who was still at her home, then called Sidney Moorer’s cell phone at 3:16 a.m. and again a minute later. During that call, someone answered the phone and there was a 4:15 minute conversation.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...imony-weaves-a-tale-of-how.html#storylink=cpy

Not all of the calls went unanswered. Heather had a conversation with SOMEONE who was using SM's phone at 3:17am and then went straight to PTL after that call. I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Did she speak to SM during that call? Did she speak to TM? Both of them? I don't know...I wasn't there. I can only offer an opinion and that is what I did.
In the post I quoted above, it seemed your comments were posted as fact.Thanks for confirming the post was your opinion. :)

In the post I quoted above, it seemed your comments were posted as fact.Thanks for confirming the post was your opinion. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherof5 View Post

I thought that using phrases like....TM most likely decided and so it's safe to assume...as well as the fact that I could not know who actually spoke to Heather during the 3:17am call as I was not there....would make it clear that I was posting a theory and not facts. I will do my best to throw in the word opinion and/or theory into my future posts. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherof5 View Post

I thought that using phrases like....TM most likely decided and so it's safe to assume...as well as the fact that I could not know who actually spoke to Heather during the 3:17am call as I was not there....would make it clear that I was posting a theory and not facts. I will do my best to throw in the word opinion and/or theory into my future posts. :)

Thanks Motherof5. I have to admit to having a brain freeze about the second conversation on the cell phone. :pullhair: Sorry about that. :)

:wave:
Attention!

Please do not cut/paste posts from other forums.

Also, please do not speculate about situations or people not named by LE as POI or suspects.

TIA
fran

If Heather did not have feelings for SM, if it was just a fling, just some physical relationship, I do not think she would be crying and upset over him leaving his wife, nor would she go to PTL, or call him back multiple times. Her response tells me that she thought of him as more than just someone to hook up with.

Now if both of them continued their affair after the breakup, I think that Sidney could have just said to Heather, we need to talk, can you meet me at PTL. Bringing up how he is leaving his wife is kind of odd to say over the phone. It is almost like, they had to make sure Heather would go to PTL, and being vague about what he wanted to talk to her about, would not work.

But if neither one of them had talked in weeks, how did Sidney know she would show up? She could have said that she has moved on. What happens if she say, not interested, not going to PTL?

If Heather did not have feelings for SM, if it was just a fling, just some physical relationship, I do not think she would be crying and upset over him leaving his wife, nor would she go to PTL, or call him back multiple times. Her response tells me that she thought of him as more than just someone to hook up with.

Now if both of them continued their affair after the breakup, I think that Sidney could have just said to Heather, we need to talk, can you meet me at PTL. Bringing up how he is leaving his wife is kind of odd to say over the phone. It is almost like, they had to make sure Heather would go to PTL, and being vague about what he wanted to talk to her about, would not work.

But if neither one of them had talked in weeks, how did Sidney know she would show up? She could have said that she has moved on. What happens if she say, not interested, not going to PTL?

If they continued talking/meeting since Nov. 5th, then they were apparently not using their regular phones. (Still cannot imagine how LE can say they had not had contact). I agree she would not be particularly upset, enough to call her friend crying, if they had always been casual. She was clearly affected by what he told her and probably would have been unable to sleep without talking to him again. And if they had been communication secretly, she was likely used to meeting him on a moment's notice, rather than stay on her phone, which was traceable if TM somehow got hold of it, or his call. So of course she would go, IMO. Maybe during the four minutes, she was hoping/asking he would come to her, so she would not have to go out again. Jmo

IMO HE had intentions of going to his house with him, maybe when he called her from the payphone he told her that TM was away and he had the house to himself etc. He may have told her how crazy TM was being lately and that he wanted her to come over or help him pack because he was leaving while TM was out of town.
Maybe she then told him forget it and then changed her mind a while later... in the meantime calling her friend in Florida to talk about it....hence the phone calls back to the payphone and then his cell and then her going over to near his house and parking her car, locking it and waiting for him to pick her up. Otherwise she could have just told him to come to her apt when he first called her, her roomate was away and he was close by when he called her from the payphone...
So it's my opinion that she initially said no...changed her mind, got a hold of him and then because she changed her mind she said something like " never mind coming back over here, I will drive to PTL and park my car there, you come pick me up " I think 3:40am was the time they decided to meet.
When she got there he was not there so she called his cell phone back but he was on his way and the phone was back at his home.
I also think this explains why his truck pulled in quickly, picked her up and sped back towards home..

Now on the pre-meditated side of things, maybe the M's were following her all evening because it seems funny that SM called her from a payphone near her house just minutes after she got home from her date. Maybe the plan was to pick her up/ lure her from her apt leaving her car there but when she said "no" they gave up and went home. Later when she called him back they went along with her meeting him at PTL.

If HE had refused to go to PTL, and did not call SM back and would no longer have anything to do with him, in all likelihood she'd still be alive today. Try as they might to lure her somewhere, if she simply blocked him and TM so she didn't receive any calls or texts from either of them then whatever plan they had to lure her would have failed (because she wouldn't have been lured). They could have gone after her and gunned her down, I suppose, but I'm not sure how likely that would have been.

Unfortunately she did take his call and did call him back and did go meet him for whatever reason and she was killed.

I just looked at this article and I was surprised by the statement about the phone activity that was quoting Heather's date. I remember seeing he said she did not receive calls, but I don't remember ever seeing him say she spoke to the room mate during the date? Maybe this is why there seems to be a conflict in the timeline stories about the time he dropped her off and the first call from the payphone? Some of the conflicts could be the media's fault.

Shiraldi said he doesn’t recall Elvis speaking with anyone via cell phone during their date other than her father, Terry Elvis, and Warrelmann.

“I don’t remember her receiving any calls unless someone called her and she just silenced it,” Shiraldi said. “I know she didn’t answer any phone calls.”

http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

If HE had refused to go to PTL, and did not call SM back and would no longer have anything to do with him, in all likelihood she'd still be alive today. Try as they might to lure her somewhere, if she simply blocked him and TM so she didn't receive any calls or texts from either of them then whatever plan they had to lure her would have failed (because she wouldn't have been lured). They could have gone after her and gunned her down, I suppose, but I'm not sure how likely that would have been.

Unfortunately she did take his call and did call him back and did go meet him for whatever reason and she was killed.

I've wondered why Heather did not block them too. I've done this recently, I still get a notification they tried to text, but you don't receive anything.

I just looked at this article and I was surprised by the statement about the phone activity that was quoting Heather's date. I remember seeing he said she did not receive calls, but I don't remember ever seeing him say she spoke to the room mate during the date? Maybe this is why there seems to be a conflict in the timeline stories about the time he dropped her off and the first call from the payphone? Some of the conflicts could be the media's fault.

Shiraldi said he doesn’t recall Elvis speaking with anyone via cell phone during their date other than her father, Terry Elvis, and Warrelmann.

“I don’t remember her receiving any calls unless someone called her and she just silenced it,” Shiraldi said. “I know she didn’t answer any phone calls.”

http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

You bring up interesting points. As far as we know Heather only texted her father, but did not speak to him. Terry Elvis has never said he spoke to Heather that night. And when did Heather speak to BW on the date?

It was reported, often, that SS, the date, said he dropped Heather off between 2am and 2:30am. He said he was certain (in that ball park), because he got back to Murrells Inlet around 3am and the time came out right.

Suddenly, LE said SS was mistaken about the time. It had to be before the pay phone call at 1: 35am, because the date wasn't there.

That is a huge time difference to be "mistaken" about if you know when you got home and how long it takes to get there, especially at that time of night on a weekday.

How could it have taken SS an hour and a half to drive to Murrells Inlet?

It bothers me a lot that LE decided to change the time to fit other theories, and said SS was wrong. If he was initially wrong about the time he took Heather home, where was he for that missing hour? Only LE can answer that imo, because I believe SS.

I doubt LE changed times to fit theories...they have records of when Heather spoke to BW and where the phone was at that time...the conclusion they drew, Imo, is that he must have been wrong about the time. It is logical to me. Jmo

I've wondered why Heather did not block them too. I've done this recently, I still get a notification they tried to text, but you don't receive anything.

I don't think Heather thought about blocking SM because I believe she wanted to be able to communicate with him, and was.

Her private Twitter account, which we know nothing more about, is an indication to me that she wanted to be in a secret mode when necessary.

All those raunchy posts on her public Twitter about her feelings for SM could have been private, but they were not.

That is another reason why I don't believe Heather had any fear of Tammy.

As someone else posted (was it CHERIE T, Eileenhawkeye, or both? Sorry!), she believed Heather saw Tammy as an annoyance. I too believe Heather saw Tammy as an annoyance or an obstacle, not someone to fear. All her actions and behaviors show this. imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaximusWolff
Back