The Phone Calls in the early morning of Dec.18, 2013 (both PayPhone & cells)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
^^^ I feel like it may have been a common meeting place - SM being married & keeping a low profile. And... I'm not sure Heather would have met him somewhere deserted at 3 am unless she had done so before. I bet a BFF or roommate could answer that.

I do not believe the call was genuine.

I believe Heather grew up in the PTL area - so it would have been a comfortable place for her to 'hang out'?

I think Sidney's first call to HE was to apologize for TM sending those nude pictures and the harassment. Heather and him talk about what is going on with him and TM, and says that she went on a date tonight and needs to get over him. SM says we should meet up in person at PTL around 3:30 AM, HE gets upset says no and they end the phone call.

She called her roommate as most girls often do to vent/tell them that their ex contacted them, etc. She was obviously upset, but once her phone call with her roommate ended. She got on social media, starting thinking about their past, etc. That's when HE called SM back and they talk some more, Heather said some things to him that she wanted to get off her chest but she didn't say in the first phone call, which explains the 4 min phone call again. SM sweet talks and charms Heather during this phone call, she gives in and says they could meet up. Perhaps Heather didn't want SM over at her new apartment, as she was trying to start fresh. So either one of them could have suggested PTL if it was their old meeting place. I think HE maybe went to meet SM at PTL to have a talk and get closure for herself to finally move on from him.

She obviously was trying to start over and rid herself of SM , so if trying to get over an ex, I surely wouldn't want to meet at my own apt, even if it was to myself.

One thing I don't understand/can't piece together, why didn't Heather tell her roommate "Hey, guess who called me? Sidney.. he wants me to meet up with him at PTL but I told him no". I can't figure out why/add up that she would call her girlfriend ONLY to tell her that SM called her, but leave out the part that he asked to meet up? or perhaps they didn't release that info. but if they did know that, why wouldn't they? :scared::hearno:

One thing I don't understand/can't piece together, why didn't Heather tell her roommate "Hey, guess who called me? Sidney.. he wants me to meet up with him at PTL but I told him no". I can't figure out why/add up that she would call her girlfriend ONLY to tell her that SM called her, but leave out the part that he asked to meet up? or perhaps they didn't release that info. but if they did know that, why wouldn't they? :scared::hearno:

They may not have released all the info from the call because the suspects don't know how much Heather told her roommate. They can use that information as a truth detector if someone starts talking.

MB/HC is not exactly a small town with one little main street. So what is the chance that they saw each other? I suppose if Heather and the date went to TK, that might make it more likely. I live in a community that is more populated (40k people) and I never see people I know around town. Maybe locals can weigh in if it is common, but it just seems like a huge chance that the Moorers would spot Heather. Not impossible though.
Every time I read a post about TM & SM RANDOMLY spotting Heather on her date, I shrug it off. I bump into people I know, almost every time I leave my house, but unless I'm at a place where my circles of friends frequent, chances are that the people I run into, are people I have not seen in ages...some since high school. It does happen, though: I do, occasionally, have an unplanned run-in with someone I'm close to, but it's not often.

Myrtle Beach is bigger than just Myrtle Beach. The Grand Strand stretches from Georgetown to Little River, and over the years, has sprawled farther west, as well. As of the last census (2010), the Grand Strand was home to over 329,000 people (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Strand#Horry_County.2C_South_Carolina). Granted, most residents like to stay in our own little bubbles, but those bubbles overlap with other bubbles. For instance, I grew up on the South end (Surfside, Garden City, Murrells Inlet). I resist the urge to pitch a hissy fit, when I have to go north of the old AFB (now Market Common). Even when I do, though, I still run into people I know, but rarely people who are consistently a part of my life.

So, basically, I'm filing that in my folder marked, "possible, not probable."

Every time I read a post about TM & SM RANDOMLY spotting Heather on her date, I shrug it off. I bump into people I know, almost every time I leave my house, but unless I'm at a place where my circles of friends frequent, chances are that the people I run into, are people I have not seen in ages...some since high school. It does happen, though: I do, occasionally, have an unplanned run-in with someone I'm close to, but it's not often.

Myrtle Beach is bigger than just Myrtle Beach. The Grand Strand stretches from Georgetown to Little River, and over the years, has sprawled farther west, as well. As of the last census (2010), the Grand Strand was home to over 329,000 people (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Strand#Horry_County.2C_South_Carolina). Granted, most residents like to stay in our own little bubbles, but those bubbles overlap with other bubbles. For instance, I grew up on the South end (Surfside, Garden City, Murrells Inlet). I resist the urge to pitch a hissy fit, when I have to go north of the old AFB (now Market Common). Even when I do, though, I still run into people I know, but rarely people who are consistently a part of my life.

So, basically, I'm filing that in my folder marked, "possible, not probable."

I think stalking is more likely than randomly spotting. The timing of that first phone call is mighty suspicious.

I think stalking is more likely than randomly spotting. The timing of that first phone call is mighty suspicious.

Are you talking about how the first call supposedly happened soon after she got home? It doesn't seem very clear what time the date dropped her off though:

Also on Thursday, police said they think Steve Shiraldi, a Murrells Inlet man who took Elvis out on a date and returned her home before her disappearance, dropped her off before the 1:44 a.m. phone call to Warrelmann.
Previously, Shiraldi told Waccamaw Publishers he thought he dropped Elvis off at around 2 a.m.. He didn't recall Elvis making any telephone calls at 1:44 a.m., or anything that would've indicated she was upset.
Squires, the Horry County investigator, said police now believe Shiraldi may have been mistaken about the time.

The timeline on WS even says "< 1:35 AM". The date says it was 2 AM....LE says he was mistaken.

I agree. In my mind, if there wasn't stalking, a chance-sighting of Heather on her date, only happened if it was during the IE at Broadway at the Beach, as a few have mentioned. And that's only if they stopped by TK, on their date, as others suspect. JMO, naturally.

Are you talking about how the first call supposedly happened soon after she got home? It doesn't seem very clear what time the date dropped her off though:

The timeline on WS even says "< 1:35 AM". The date says it was 2 AM....LE says he was mistaken.

It is perfectly clear what time heather got home and what time the calls were. This is established fact through phone records. Just because the kid got the time wrong does not cloud the facts at all. He thinks it was 2 but the phone ping , gps or whatever show the true times. People can be mistaken but the technology can't. She got home when she got home and he called her when he called her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This case really reminds me so much of the Adrianne Jones case *link below* who was murdered by Diane Zamora and her boyfriend David Graham. In that case Graham confessed to cheating on Zamora with Adrianne Jones. Zamora then demanded that Graham atone for his transgression by killing Jones. So one night David Graham called Adrianne Jones and arranged a date. Jones snuck out of her house later that night to go out with Graham. Graham drove Jones to a deserted road near Grand Prairie, Texas with Diane Zamora hiding in the hatchback of the car. When they arrived at the pre planned secluded area Graham and Zamora killed Jones. The whole point for Zamora was for David to prove himself, his love and commitment, and to bind the two together. Zamora played much the same role in that relationship as TM does in her marriage to SM and I really believe the phone calls where planned and likely scripted by TM with TM calling the shots and directing SM. TM more than likely had SM running scared making him believe that a divorce awarded in her favor meant his life was pretty much done anyway. I think TM told SM, if you want to save your marriage and your family you are going to have to prove yourself and your devotion in a big big way. You are going to have to PROVE to me that you love and value your family. So he did. I think with an ego like TM has, in her mind, this was the only way and I think she blamed SM for 'getting them into this' because he was stupid. This way, she got rid of HE, whom she couldn't live with knowing was 'out there' where SM could see her again or worse want her again. Plus, she got to punish him and regain control by making him kill what he desired. Not to mention, that would pretty much assure he never did that again! I see TM as someone who married someone she perceived as 'stupid' so she could always have the upper hand and she was beyond livid that he dared to exercise autonomy by making choices without her. I think TM played psychological games with SM to maintain her position as boss in the marriage. In her mind SM had to keep believing that TM was an upgrade, out of his league and that he was lucky to have her and he had to know that if he didn't stay in line it would all be gone in a heartbeat. She couldn't keep her psychological advantage over him if he was out having affairs with younger women because then he might eventually get the idea that he could do better and that would end her tenure as Queen. This was just completely unacceptable. They both had to pay.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/young/zamora/3.html

I was on Seaboard Street the other night about dusk. The Kangaroo meets Seaboard at JW Blvd/10th Ave N. SOOOOOOO you know me, I hang a right and head that way instead of being a good girl and going left towards home. I pull into the parking lot and immediately see 2 security cameras on the right end as facing the building. I proceed to the other end and BOOM there is the pay phone with the security camera pointing at it. It has been posted that this is the case--but seeing it makes it REAL. well there is a couple standing there. And they stay and stay and stay. Well its getting almost dark now and I need to get going. So as I get out of the car they look over at me and I say do you mind if I take a picture of that phone? You can step aside if you dont want to be in the picture. So they move. Im trying to do the wide angle so I can get the camera in the picture. (I know that our other resident sleuth said the phone wasnt working when she checked it but I just feel this is the phone--that it was working in Dec. HE apt was about 1-2 miles west of this phone as the crow flies) I have to end it here.Im sure the post would get deleted. but I did get the eebie jeebies from my experience there. maybe I will feel okay about posting in a week or so.
and not in a good way.

I was on Seaboard Street the other night about dusk. The Kangaroo meets Seaboard at JW Blvd/10th Ave N. SOOOOOOO you know me, I hang a right and head that way instead of being a good girl and going left towards home. I pull into the parking lot and immediately see 2 security cameras on the right end as facing the building. I proceed to the other end and BOOM there is the pay phone with the security camera pointing at it. It has been posted that this is the case--but seeing it makes it REAL. well there is a couple standing there. And they stay and stay and stay. Well its getting almost dark now and I need to get going. So as I get out of the car they look over at me and I say do you mind if I take a picture of that phone? You can step aside if you dont want to be in the picture. So they move. Im trying to do the wide angle so I can get the camera in the picture. (I know that our other resident sleuth said the phone wasnt working when she checked it but I just feel this is the phone--that it was working in Dec. HE apt was about 1-2 miles west of this phone as the crow flies) I have to end it here.Im sure the post would get deleted. but I did get the eebie jeebies from my experience there. maybe I will feel okay about posting in a week or so.
and not in a good way.

You know, I have always had the feeling this was THE phone booth for some unknown reason too! And if in fact it was exactly where Sidney made the infamous phone call to Heather from there, that in itself would be eerie enough for you to be right there in person, seeing the security cameras pointing at the phone that connected SM to Heather. Bad vibes.

I hope those two people at the kangaroo didn't bother you afterwards. We all appreciate you getting info, but it's more important that you be safe. I'd like to hear the rest of the story, but only if and when you feel comfortable sharing. I do admire your spunk, though! When Abigail Hernandez went missing in Conway, NH, I happened to be in the area a few days later and went looking around for her. I couldn't sit at home knowing a fifteen year old was at risk.

Ugh Justonedrin, after dark no less? That is a high drug arrest and prostitution area. The famous "LT" Lawrence Taylor ex NFL player- was arrested buying cocaine in this neighborhood. I hope you are alright!

it wasnt the neighborhood that made me feel eerie. It was the conversation i had while there.

it wasnt the neighborhood that made me feel eerie. It was the conversation i had while there.[/QUOTE

Oh no! Sounds like a very unsettling conversation for you. Sorry you have to go through that.

it wasnt the neighborhood that made me feel eerie. It was the conversation i had while there.[/QUOTE

Oh no! Sounds like a very unsettling conversation for you. Sorry you had to go through that.

the 2 people there that night, at the phone booth, as a weird twist of fate, live on Hwy 814. I told them why i was taking a picture of the phone booth and we had a nice little chat. they heard the helicopters flying over one day and went out to see what was going on and a neighbor told them there were looking for Heather Elvis. we spoke for about 20 mins--I gave them the highlights of the case and they offered some opinions on the goings on. Very enlightening. but eerie .

the 2 people there that night, at the phone booth, as a weird twist of fate, live on Hwy 814. I told them why i was taking a picture of the phone booth and we had a nice little chat. they heard the helicopters flying over one day and went out to see what was going on and a neighbor told them there were looking for Heather Elvis. we spoke for about 20 mins--I gave them the highlights of the case and they offered some opinions on the goings on. Very enlightening. but eerie .

What did they say?

Wow, what a coincidence! It is said that everything happens for a reason. Hopefully, what you learned will help creates better understanding of that night, or provide insight on the Moorer's mindset and/or behavior leading up to the crime, as witnessed by a neighbor. Since there has been very little revealed about the Moorers by neutral parties, I wonder what their take on them was or if they witnessed anything suspicious before or after Heather vanished.

This case really reminds me so much of the Adrianne Jones case *link below* who was murdered by Diane Zamora and her boyfriend David Graham. In that case Graham confessed to cheating on Zamora with Adrianne Jones. Zamora then demanded that Graham atone for his transgression by killing Jones. So one night David Graham called Adrianne Jones and arranged a date. Jones snuck out of her house later that night to go out with Graham. Graham drove Jones to a deserted road near Grand Prairie, Texas with Diane Zamora hiding in the hatchback of the car. When they arrived at the pre planned secluded area Graham and Zamora killed Jones. The whole point for Zamora was for David to prove himself, his love and commitment, and to bind the two together. Zamora played much the same role in that relationship as TM does in her marriage to SM and I really believe the phone calls where planned and likely scripted by TM with TM calling the shots and directing SM. TM more than likely had SM running scared making him believe that a divorce awarded in her favor meant his life was pretty much done anyway. I think TM told SM, if you want to save your marriage and your family you are going to have to prove yourself and your devotion in a big big way. You are going to have to PROVE to me that you love and value your family. So he did. I think with an ego like TM has, in her mind, this was the only way and I think she blamed SM for 'getting them into this' because he was stupid. This way, she got rid of HE, whom she couldn't live with knowing was 'out there' where SM could see her again or worse want her again. Plus, she got to punish him and regain control by making him kill what he desired. Not to mention, that would pretty much assure he never did that again! I see TM as someone who married someone she perceived as 'stupid' so she could always have the upper hand and she was beyond livid that he dared to exercise autonomy by making choices without her. I think TM played psychological games with SM to maintain her position as boss in the marriage. In her mind SM had to keep believing that TM was an upgrade, out of his league and that he was lucky to have her and he had to know that if he didn't stay in line it would all be gone in a heartbeat. She couldn't keep her psychological advantage over him if he was out having affairs with younger women because then he might eventually get the idea that he could do better and that would end her tenure as Queen. This was just completely unacceptable. They both had to pay.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/young/zamora/3.html

That all sounds good, except, look at TM. She surely is no upgrade, not in anybody's book!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back