The Pontiac - "Revisted" #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think CA had called the tow co, could be wrong, of course. If she had called, I'm sure she would've asked about the cost, arguing on the phone instead of in person. I don't know how GA could've possibly known the car was out of gas.
I borrowed the following from Sdavidson11 on the July 15 on WS Calendar thread. Maybe Casey told Cindy the car had run out of gas ?

1:10 PM - Cindy makes a quick stop to get cash and calls KC for 1 1/2 minutes to ask about the car being in the tow yard.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86531"]July 15 on WS Calendar - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

GA told Simon that he had called Amscot and they told him that the car had been at Amscot for three days prior to being towed.

Simon does not know how GA knew the car had been retrieved from Amscot. Simon does not think the location is listed on their slip but mentions an address may be listed but this is not confirmed.

I wonder why GA would call the location from which the car had been towed prior to picking it up at the yard? Why not ask the yard people these questions when you get there? Or better yet, call KC and ask her where she last left the Pontiac and why they just received notice that it had been in a towyard since June 30. At least the A's would have testimony as to what KC replied to that question. What did KC say to her parents about that?
(remember CA sent KC a text "there is a big problem" or something like that).

Simon recalls CA saying that they had thought the car was in Jacksonville. What a strange thing to say, no?

Simon threw the bag in the dumpster. Upon hearing on the news that the car was taken by the police, he rushed to the dumpster to retrieve the bag but it was gone. LE had entered during the night and retrieved it themselves.

The bad smell had been noticed days prior but not much was thought of it. Simon says (love that!) when the car door was opened "it knocked him back". Very bad stench. He and GA proceded as per normal protocol. GA had a gas can with him and needed to add gas to the tank as it was empty. After he did the car fired right up. Simon wondered why GA had gas with him as most people usually don't.

Also the car was towed June 30 and the towyard peeps have to send by law a certified letter within four days. July 4 interferred with the notice being on time and Simon does not control the post office (mail must be very slow in Orlando). July 7 was a Monday but the A's say the notice was dated July 11 which was Friday. The A's didn't worry or see the notice about the car over the weekend and couldn't go Monday the 14th so finally went Tuesday, July 15. O'kay. It took a full two weeks and a day for the A's to retrieve the Pontiac from the time it had been towed from Amscot.

Again, how and why did GA know the car had been at Amscot? I would like to know since they say there were no red flags about Caylee being in any danger. Simon says that GA kept talking about his missing granddaughter in conjunction with picking up the car. Sounds to me he was experiencing red flags galore. Or he was creating an image of a man who thought his granddaughter was missing which I ask the question, why didn't he get to the bottom of THAT problem sooner? Too too weird.

And the cops were on to GA right off the bat. Member this from his interview?

GA: "...I mean I’m not a stupid guy...”
Det. Hussey: “I think you’re, I think you’re a guy that knows a lot about a lot of things, George.”
(LE interview 8-4-08)

Wished I knew what LE/FBI knows about the A's.

Inventory of car trunk

Wt. trash bag w/ blue handles w/ misc. items
1. Empty Coca Cola cherry can 12oz with num #2145.
2. Empty Coca Cola Classic can 12oz with num #22502.
3. Empty Milwaukee's "Best Light" beer can #C7019e.
4. Empty Sprite can 12oz with # 16090RA.
5. Empty circular metal box of "Copenhagen Tobacco" with num # SLN8178.
6. One (1) hair pin; three (3) plastic tie wraps
7. Empty "Dr. Peppe" can 12oz proof of purchase num # 2239E505168X.
8. Empty "Pepsi" can 12oz proof of purchasenum # 1608RF01238.
9. Empty "Sprite" can 12oz proof of purchase num # 16090RA.
10. Empty "Mountain Dew" 12oz proof of purchase num # 2122E504248X.
11. Empty "Oscar Mayer" plastic container 8oz proof of purchase num # 447001090.
12. Empty small "Crystal Light' container num # 249554.
13. Empty "Crystal Light" bottle 16oz with brown liquid proof purchase num # 430093911.
14. Bottle of "Kiwi's Sport Cleaner 5.5oz proof of purchase num # 3160024701.
15. Empty bottle of "Arm & Hammer" 80oz proof of purchase num #33200090430.
16. Empty bottle of "Crystal Light Soft Drink Mix" 80z proof of purchase num #4300095033.
17. Empty black container "Anchor".
18. Empty and broken pizza box "Pizza a Symbol of Quality".
19. Empty carton of "Cherry Coke" 12 packs proof of purchase num# 490003103.
20. Empty carton of "Velveeta" 10.3oz with napkin attach on it with exp day ll/Feb/09.
21. Empty carton of "Velveeta" 12oz proof of purchasenum # 2100065893.
22. Empty carton of "Velveeta" 9Aoz proof of purchase num # 210065643.
23. Empty pack of "Parliament Lights" proof of purchase num # 2820019008.
24. Empty pack of "Marlboro" num # 283022.
25. Empty pack of "Trident Splash" proof of purchase num # 1254667123.
26. Two empty aluminum wraps of "Velveeta" cheese sauce.
27. Piece of fabric that said "L G G made in Honduras of USA fabric".
28. White plastic hanger broken.
29. Piece of paper wrapper "Italian bread" "Roma" with a napkin attach to it.
30. Document "Full Sail" orientation & registration.
31. Three receipts.
32. Document dated on May 9, 2008.
33. Four air freshener sheets.
34. Five napkins.
35. Plastic wrapper of "Stouffer's" garlic chicken proof of purchase num # 1380045214.
36. Three small pieces of plastic wrapper.
37. Three pieces of aluminum foil.

http://livewire.wesh.com/Event/Casey_Anthony_Documents_Aug_7_2009?Page=0

Funny you ask that LB, I thought I had just heard the same on CNN HLN, but wasn't sure I heard correctly so I didn't post it...

Search, I too heard on HLN that the body was in the trunk up to 10 days. Found that kind of surprising. And really lowered my opinion of Casey to a minus 5. Imagine driving around for nearly a week and a half with a deceased child in your car.
I can only find some peace from this in knowing that everyday, every minute, every second Casey was in that car she had a constant reminder that her daughter was gone and she was responsible.
jmo

Funny you ask that LB, I thought I had just heard the same on CNN HLN, but wasn't sure I heard correctly so I didn't post it...

I know. I am just wondering where they got that from. Ten days...ten days Caylee was in the trunk? Not saying it is true...but darn it is at least what three of us have read.

I would have to consider it a mistake (but I admit I haven't read about the 10 days) since the decomp value was placed at no longer than 2.6 days in the trunk.

I don't honestly believe she was in the trunk any longer than it took Casey to move her to where she dumped her like garbage.

Can anyone confirm that Caylee was in the trunk (RIP) for 10 days?

I don't know for certain if she was in the trunk for 10 days but IMO Casey's reaction :argue: to keep George from going into the trunk of the Pontiac to get tire wedges on June 24 is a RED FLAG to me and that perhaps Caylee was in the trunk, double bagged and placed in a laundry bag.

I know. I am just wondering where they got that from. Ten days...ten days Caylee was in the trunk? Not saying it is true...but darn it is at least what three of us have read.

I would have to consider it a mistake (but I admit I haven't read about the 10 days) since the decomp value was placed at no longer than 2.6 days in the trunk.

I don't honestly believe she was in the trunk any longer than it took Casey to move her to where she dumped her like garbage.

I thought we have discuessed this 10 or 11 days in the trunk theory many months ago.

I do remember LP talking about this theory on NG and that Casey disposed of Caylee between June 24 (after the run in with Geroge and June 27 when she abandoned her car at Amscot) after which she texted Amy and told her she had(paraphrasing) gotten rid of the dead animal or smell from her car

I will have to go look to see if a thread exists...

Here are 3 threads that may shed light on this

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73752&highlight=days+trunk

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75251&highlight=driving+days+Caylee+trunk

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69646&highlight=days+trunk

I don't know for certain if she was in the trunk for 10 days but IMO Casey's reaction :argue: to keep George from going into the trunk of the Pontiac to get tire wedges on June 24 is a RED FLAG to me and that perhaps Caylee was in the trunk, double bagged and placed in a laundry bag.

I posted a theory on KC and the evolving trunk smell [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3715399&postcount=465"]here[/ame] back in May. I thought it might be useful to bring forward. BTW, I believe Caylee was dumped on Suburban Dr. on the 20th.

I thought it would be good to put WAISI's observation and Bond's added detail in some timeline perspective.

June 20 - The smell of decomp might have been noticeable to a small degree in the trunk, which may have prompted KC to attempt to clean the trunk when she backed into the garage at her parents that day. It is likely the smell had not yet become noticeable in the passenger compartment, and the reasons why will become apparent below.

June 21 and June 22 - Based on pings, it appears KC never left Tony's and therefore would not have noticed any change in the smell of the car, because she did not use the car.

June 23 - TL was near the front passenger side of the Pontiac as KC poured gas into the car. KC was between him and the trunk. When KC opened the trunk to put the cans away TL turned to go shut the tailgate on his Jeep, walking away from the car. TL notes that KC made no attempt to keep him from the trunk, the only odd thing being (in his mind) that she wanted to pour the gas herself.

The fact that she let him near the car leads me to believe no smell had yet permeated the passenger compartment. Also, it seems likely that KC opened the trunk for the very first time since June 20 when she put the gas cans away, likely receiving a hefty waft of decomp in the process. :yuck: KC dodged a bullet because Tony had begun to walk away and was "shielded" by gasoline fumes between him and the trunk. :whistle:

June 24 - Now KC knows she has a problem with the odor in her trunk. This is why she blows past dad when he wants to get the tool from her trunk - she cannot let him smell it. GA does get close to the car, but never got to the rear of the vehicle before KC shoved the gas cans into his hands. Given the trunk was opened just briefly before George got there and the car was parked outside, there was ample time for what little odor escaped to dissipate enough so as not to register to GA. KC dodges another. :yow:

I think WAISI's initial observation that KC had to ditch the car somewhere due to the smell so that she did not have to use it to take AL to the airport still holds. To me, she begins formulating the plan the afternoon of the 24th or sometime on the 25th. :idea:

Knowing she only had a couple gallons of gas in the tank, she was pretty confident :snooty: she would run out by the evening of the 29th, thus avoiding using the car the morning of the 30th. After running out she would need to get the car back after taking Tony to the airport.

I don't think KC had things completely worked out in her mind, but it seems her first instinct was to enlist Amy's help to get gas for the car. This meant she had to explain the smell in advance so as not to surprise Amy :eek: when they both showed up to put gas in the car, thus prompting two advance calls and text.

June 25 - Either on this day or possibly the 24th (while driving away from the 'rents after racing George to the trunk) KC tells Amy about a horrible smell in the car during a phone conversation. She blames it on her dad, who she claims ran over something and it got stuck to the car. She said the smell was coming from the engine, so clearly by this time it has entered the passenger compartment.

June 26 - In a second phone conversation, KC tells Amy the smell has gotten much worse. :sick:

June 27 - In a text to Amy while driving north from the 'rents to TL's - before ditching the car at Amscot - KC tells Amy "There was definitely part of a dead animal plastered to the frame of my car." KC then texts Amy about running out of gas a few minutes later.

Of course she told Tony a different story - that the car had broken down and she contacted her dad, who would take care of it. Nevertheless, her plan is off to a great start. :woohoo:

June 28 - Sometime on Saturday KC realizes she has a real problem with the smell in the car, and formulates a plan to throw Jesse under the bus. Her first attempt is to call him around 1:30 PM and ask him if she can borrow his gas can. He is on the other side of town, however, and declines. :banghead:

June 29 - Knowing she has to get the car she reverts to the original plan and enlists Amy's help. She texts Amy on Sunday and asks if she can borrow her gas cans, but Amy reminds her they are in storage. Seems nothing is going her way. :banghead:

June 30 - Not to be denied, KC shows up at Amy's and they go to Target around noon to get a gas can (with Amy's money, of course :thumb:). After Amy leaves for work KC drives to the Amscot to put gas in the car, but sees it is missing. :banghead:

What puzzles me is what her plan was if the car was still there there. Leave Tony's jeep and take the Pontiac back to Tony's? The distance between the two is only 2.8 miles, so KC could have jogged or walked it, I suppose.

I am not convinced that KC breathed a sigh of relief when she saw the car was missing. She had to realize someone else had it and would eventually figure out what was causing the smell. I think this is what prompted her to make a second attempt at throwing Jesse under the bus.

July 1 - In the morning, KC leaves Andy F.'s and drives back to TL's apartment, where she stays for about 15 minutes - probably picking up some clothing. Then she calls Jesse and asks if she can take a shower at his place because she does not have a key to Tony's. :liar: Lot's of driving around for someone who can't afford gas, IMHO. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what her plan was, but it clearly started with seduction - leaving the bathroom door partly opened while she showered. Perhaps she was planning to steal something of value and place it at the crime scene after she'd finished bedding him, as has been speculated by many on this board. But Jesse did not fall for it, and luckily his roommate showed up soon after.

It is possible she actually did take something and plant it at the scene. KC pinged in an area consistent with the crime scene on two occasions during the evening of July 1: 7:15PM and 8:30 PM. In both cases she was there long enough to plant evidence. If she did plant something, whatever it was deteriorated by Dec. 11. :doh:

I posted a theory on KC and the evolving trunk smell here back in May. I thought it might be useful to bring forward. BTW, I believe Caylee was dumped on Suburban Dr. on the 20th.

I thought it would be good to put WAISI's observation and Bond's added detail in some timeline perspective.

June 20 - The smell of decomp might have been noticeable to a small degree in the trunk, which may have prompted KC to attempt to clean the trunk when she backed into the garage at her parents that day. It is likely the smell had not yet become noticeable in the passenger compartment, and the reasons why will become apparent below.

June 21 and June 22 - Based on pings, it appears KC never left Tony's and therefore would not have noticed any change in the smell of the car, because she did not use the car.

June 23 - TL was near the front passenger side of the Pontiac as KC poured gas into the car. KC was between him and the trunk. When KC opened the trunk to put the cans away TL turned to go shut the tailgate on his Jeep, walking away from the car. TL notes that KC made no attempt to keep him from the trunk, the only odd thing being (in his mind) that she wanted to pour the gas herself.

The fact that she let him near the car leads me to believe no smell had yet permeated the passenger compartment. Also, it seems likely that KC opened the trunk for the very first time since June 20 when she put the gas cans away, likely receiving a hefty waft of decomp in the process. :yuck: KC dodged a bullet because Tony had begun to walk away and was "shielded" by gasoline fumes between him and the trunk. :whistle:

June 24 - Now KC knows she has a problem with the odor in her trunk. This is why she blows past dad when he wants to get the tool from her trunk - she cannot let him smell it. GA does get close to the car, but never got to the rear of the vehicle before KC shoved the gas cans into his hands. Given the trunk was opened just briefly before George got there and the car was parked outside, there was ample time for what little odor escaped to dissipate enough so as not to register to GA. KC dodges another. :yow:

I think WAISI's initial observation that KC had to ditch the car somewhere due to the smell so that she did not have to use it to take AL to the airport still holds. To me, she begins formulating the plan the afternoon of the 24th or sometime on the 25th. :idea:

Knowing she only had a couple gallons of gas in the tank, she was pretty confident :snooty: she would run out by the evening of the 29th, thus avoiding using the car the morning of the 30th. After running out she would need to get the car back after taking Tony to the airport.

I don't think KC had things completely worked out in her mind, but it seems her first instinct was to enlist Amy's help to get gas for the car. This meant she had to explain the smell in advance so as not to surprise Amy :eek: when they both showed up to put gas in the car, thus prompting two advance calls and text.

June 25 - Either on this day or possibly the 24th (while driving away from the 'rents after racing George to the trunk) KC tells Amy about a horrible smell in the car during a phone conversation. She blames it on her dad, who she claims ran over something and it got stuck to the car. She said the smell was coming from the engine, so clearly by this time it has entered the passenger compartment.

June 26 - In a second phone conversation, KC tells Amy the smell has gotten much worse. :sick:

June 27 - In a text to Amy while driving north from the 'rents to TL's - before ditching the car at Amscot - KC tells Amy "There was definitely part of a dead animal plastered to the frame of my car." KC then texts Amy about running out of gas a few minutes later.

Of course she told Tony a different story - that the car had broken down and she contacted her dad, who would take care of it. Nevertheless, her plan is off to a great start. :woohoo:

June 28 - Sometime on Saturday KC realizes she has a real problem with the smell in the car, and formulates a plan to throw Jesse under the bus. Her first attempt is to call him around 1:30 PM and ask him if she can borrow his gas can. He is on the other side of town, however, and declines. :banghead:

June 29 - Knowing she has to get the car she reverts to the original plan and enlists Amy's help. She texts Amy on Sunday and asks if she can borrow her gas cans, but Amy reminds her they are in storage. Seems nothing is going her way. :banghead:

June 30 - Not to be denied, KC shows up at Amy's and they go to Target around noon to get a gas can (with Amy's money, of course :thumb:). After Amy leaves for work KC drives to the Amscot to put gas in the car, but sees it is missing. :banghead:

What puzzles me is what her plan was if the car was still there there. Leave Tony's jeep and take the Pontiac back to Tony's? The distance between the two is only 2.8 miles, so KC could have jogged or walked it, I suppose.

I am not convinced that KC breathed a sigh of relief when she saw the car was missing. She had to realize someone else had it and would eventually figure out what was causing the smell. I think this is what prompted her to make a second attempt at throwing Jesse under the bus.

July 1 - In the morning, KC leaves Andy F.'s and drives back to TL's apartment, where she stays for about 15 minutes - probably picking up some clothing. Then she calls Jesse and asks if she can take a shower at his place because she does not have a key to Tony's. :liar: Lot's of driving around for someone who can't afford gas, IMHO. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what her plan was, but it clearly started with seduction - leaving the bathroom door partly opened while she showered. Perhaps she was planning to steal something of value and place it at the crime scene after she'd finished bedding him, as has been speculated by many on this board. But Jesse did not fall for it, and luckily his roommate showed up soon after.

It is possible she actually did take something and plant it at the scene. KC pinged in an area consistent with the crime scene on two occasions during the evening of July 1: 7:15PM and 8:30 PM. In both cases she was there long enough to plant evidence. If she did plant something, whatever it was deteriorated by Dec. 11. :doh:

I do recall your post from way back and feel it should be bumped up again.

I posted a theory on KC and the evolving trunk smell here back in May. I thought it might be useful to bring forward. BTW, I believe Caylee was dumped on Suburban Dr. on the 20th.

Wow. You knock my socks off every time you post. You are amazing.

JWG ~ Thank you so much for your post #135. It was packed with so much good information that I kept clicking on all of your underlined portions ~ hoping that they were links to more info. LOL at me!!! I really appreciate all your posts; thanks . . .

Excellent as always. ITA. :clap::clap::clap:

Long time no see, JWG! I hope you are doing well.

Your posts are great examples of critical thinking and theorizing.

You know I've always said that the body was placed in such a way and location that it does not appear to have had great intent of concealment. Everything was packed into a canvas laundry bag that would have appeared to be new at casual glance. It wasn't buried. It was simply placed alongside a path leading into the woods. Anyone wanting to enter those woods would likely do so using an existing path.

You offer that KC may have intentionally planted something(s) that could be linked to Jesse. Planted evidence is useless if the body is never found. I have previously mentioned that the body may have been disposed there with the hopes that it would be found. I've also said that it could have been a temporary location, but plans to move it elsewhere were not fulfilled.

Are you thinking that KC may have planted something because she wanted Caylee found and for Jesse to be framed, or done just in case she was found? Duct tape was on the mouth. Was she hoping the cops would think that was Jesse's tape? And if the duct tape could be linked to her or her house, then why not pull it off the face before walking away from the dump site?

Welcome back JWG! It's been too long! Thanks so much for posting this "refresher". I agree with most of it but still have a few doubts a couple of things. I never got the impression that AL gave her a key to his appartment; in fact, quite the contrary. He had other room-mates and I'm not sure I buy into the idea that she had easy access. Her trip over to AL's that day was probably to see if she could pick up a few things (if one of the room-mates was there to allow it) but I don't think that she had the type of access that would have allowed her to take a shower. June 30th - if I'm remembering correctly, is the only night that KC had not managed to "mooch" a place to stay. She appears to have spent the night in Tony's car out near Andy's place. I'm not sure she convinced Andy to join her or to invite her to his place - she tried and communicated with him into the early hours but I don't believe she succeeded. I still think that she went to Jessie's place because she wanted to shower. Maybe she wanted to get some other relevant info. from him but I'm not convinced that she was trying to set him up.

Remember when we were studying the pings to try to locate Caylee???...We were constantly assuming that KC planned things, that she had thought through what she had done? Then they found Caylee. Just down the street. She's not smarter than we think. Somehow, I can't get my head around her trying to set anything up.

MOO

:applause:

Good morning :sunshine:
Here I sit on the computer :online: with my morning Espresso :coffeeup: reading this thread again I must give you kudos :applause:

:clap::clap::clap:

I bet she was scared s***less when she found out her car wasn't still at Amscott. Did her mom have it? Did the police? Had they found the stain in the trunk?

Tony was gone, she'd been abandoned...Tony's "ha, ha joking" was to tell KC he wasn't coming back. Monday night, KC either sleeps in her car or with Andy F.

Maybe she couldn't even get into Tony's apartment the next morning. She couldn't use her parent's house because Cindy had the week OFF and was waiting for KC to bring Caylee.Oops.

I get why KC was soon writing her Diary of Days which says to hold your head high and smile during the "worst of times".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89