The Possible Abuse of Caylee REVISIT

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could you please post a link to even one of those cases where a mother lost her parental rights for sleeping around? Who, besides Casey, even knew how many men she slept with? She certainly didn't go home to Cindy and brag about it. Cindy, as naive as it is, thought she was at work. Remember, Cindy couldn't believe that Casey was pregnant.

Apparently some of us had mothers with ESP who knew every single thing we did when we were out of the house, even as adults. I'm sure glad I'm not one of those kids.

Cindy and George did everything they possibly could for Caylee. It's horribly unfair to blame them for Casey's crimes.

Medusa's post is a great example (above). I am talking also about people I have known, not everything believe it or not is documented on the Internet. Guess you will just have to believe me or not.
I am not blaming them for the crime, it was a chain of events and poor judgement that led to a tragedy.
Pretty snarky about the ESP.

i'm sure i'll be strung up for this but i don't see anything weird with caylee sleeping in the same bed as KC and RM.

i mean, its not like they were having sex with her right there sleeping soundly.....gross!

there are many many families that actually have "family bed" and small children sleep with their parents all the time. what is different with KC and RM, if RM is a close family firend (to KC and caylee) and she knows and trusts him and has seen him many times?

when my daughter was young we would sometimes travel to the other coast for a beach weekend with a close, and male, friend of mine. after a long night of disney movies and junk food, we would all collapse in a heap and sleep on his bed.

this is not the same as turning tricks with your infant daughter sleeping one blanket over.
bolded by me

We do not know what was happening in the bed where Caylee was so carelessly placed.

Could you please post a link to even one of those cases where a mother lost her parental rights for sleeping around? Who, besides Casey, even knew how many men she slept with? She certainly didn't go home to Cindy and brag about it. Cindy, as naive as it is, thought she was at work. Remember, Cindy couldn't believe that Casey was pregnant.

Apparently some of us had mothers with ESP who knew every single thing we did when we were out of the house, even as adults. I'm sure glad I'm not one of those kids.

Cindy and George did everything they possibly could for Caylee. It's horribly unfair to blame them for Casey's crimes.

I completely agree! While we understand the family dynamics the witness reports of marks and brusies on Caylee were only one isolated incident reported only because it was a forced report. Children at that age are also very clumsy. Alot of things could come into play as to why in other pictures of the child there were abnormalities we might not see otherwise. Allergies. Camera/picture/light quality.

As a parent I know the calamities of children all too well. One of my children fell off a top bunk in her bedroom which resulted in a black eye and a big fat lip and a few busted teeth. Kids. :rolleyes:

In all honesty it's not fair to place judgements at this stage without truly knowing the dynamics. We only know the current stages of this family. Every family has it's fair share of quarrels and fights. Parents and grown children do not always agree on how they should live their lives. I, too, have a grown child who has no problem partying around her young kids. In KC's case, she is a grown woman. While some people might not agree on her conduct around her own child at times who are we to speculate that it was always that way?

We can love our children unconditionally but there are times where things are completely out of our control as well. I know from experience that I try not to butt into any of my children's lives nor judge them for how they may live their lives. I'm merely here for them when they have made poor choices along the way. I can worry all I want about my grandchildren. But ultimately their safety and care is up to the parents and them alone. And I do tend to turn my back on them when I can see them heading for disaster if they choose not to listen to the voice of reason. It is their life to live.

I don't believe for a minute that the child was abused. At least up until a certain point at least. I'm not going to speculate and judge the A's for not stepping in a more persistent manner along the way either. One thing we do know is that they loved that child. And at this point despite what people may think about them and their actions along the way? It would be inappropriate to judge them for what they have or did not do along the way. They are more than likely shouldering enough blame without the public adding to that. JMO

The point is - there are bruises and cuts and then there are BRUISES AND CUTS - an I don't put too much confidence in Cindy's nursing ability - she said Casey wasn't preg at 7 months! and then said a dead body smell was pizza left in the trunk

snipped by me for space.
yeah i have questioned CA nursing ability for some time now. she is at the very least calling her own judgement as a nurse into question if she is lying, or she really isnt a good nurse at all!

IIRC, Amy said Caylee was flirting beyond what a 2 year old would do.

wow. :eek: gross. :puke:

i'm sure i'll be strung up for this but i don't see anything weird with caylee sleeping in the same bed as KC and RM.

i mean, its not like they were having sex with her right there sleeping soundly.....gross!

there are many many families that actually have "family bed" and small children sleep with their parents all the time. what is different with KC and RM, if RM is a close family firend (to KC and caylee) and she knows and trusts him and has seen him many times?

when my daughter was young we would sometimes travel to the other coast for a beach weekend with a close, and male, friend of mine. after a long night of disney movies and junk food, we would all collapse in a heap and sleep on his bed.

this is not the same as turning tricks with your infant daughter sleeping one blanket over.

How do you know they were not having sex with her right there? Casey and Rico were not an "old married couple", they were young and newly dating; you can bet your bottom dollar they were "intimate" frequently. Why else would Casey be sleeping at his house? I was young once too, I remember raging hormones.

And while we're on the subject, most responsible women with children do not allow their little ones to bond closely with the men they date so that the children don't suffer when the relationship is over. For this reason, most women who are playing with a full deck wait until the relationship is somewhat secure before bringing their children into the middle of it.

IMHO

A family bed is a totally different thing. You cannot have your daughter in bed with every Tom, Dick and Harry you decide to er....well do. That child would have been so confused.

not that I disagree with you, but I don't think Caylee was confused if this is what she knew. She had no concept at the age of 2 what was appropriate and what was not, what is normal, and what is not.

That is where the problem lies. This is how human beings are shaped. They are exposed to inappropriate behavior and don't know that it's not normal. Therefore, that is what is normal for them and they carry on.

What abnormal behavior was Casey exposed to? I can't totally lay off of her parents for who she became.

I was raised by a sociopath, yet I chose to seek therapy to try to gain a grasp on a normal life. I got out by the skin of my teeth. Neither Caylee or Casey was as lucky or cognizant. Who knows how far back the bad parenting occured?

We used to have a family joke, myself, my Mother, and my Grandmother used to say "blame it on Gammy", because we all knew that we had all somehow passed along bad traits, and behaviors through our parenting.

I for one started an "the emotional buck stops here" campaign...meaning, I will not pass down bad traits to my son. I work extra hard not to be like my parents, or my grandparents, or my greatgrandparents.

I pray that I will do right by my son.

I wish this had been the hope of the Anthony's.

no way is this a step above turning tricks but everyone is entitled to their opinion, however rash.

Yup, and I'll stick with it, as rash as it may be.

.....is this unacceptable behavior if the longtime family friend is male only? or is it also unacceptable to share a bed on vacation if the family friend is female? what if the family friend is female and she had a son?

there seems to be a gender issue here. if one can not trust one's close family friends with their children, perhaps some new friends are in order.
side note: re who knows what happens when she falls asleep coudl happen just as easily or more so in the next room. (gross to even think about, i know)

When it comes to my child: I would trust noone. Sorry. If I am with my child, on vacation in someone elses home, my child will sleep with me. It can be the floor, it can be the bed. Don't need a third party, male or female.

If this isn't acceptable to a so called friend, then I'll stay at a hotel, with my child.

And it's not completely about trust you know. Ultimately it's about the child.

Regardless, the photos of a bruised Caylee gave Yuri Melich a cause for concern. Why would a hairdresser email such a photo to the Police unless she suspected something was wrong?

I don't know. Maybe because she was the type of person who wanted to turn one little bruise on a two year old into a life time of abuse at the hands of every adult who ever came in contact with her?

snipped by me for space.
yeah i have questioned CA nursing ability for some time now. she is at the very least calling her own judgement as a nurse into question if she is lying, or she really isnt a good nurse at all!

wow. :eek: gross. :puke:

She actually has a very good reputation at Gentiva, has been in a low-level management position for a very long time and is well-liked.

Sometimes, when our own family is involved, we are blind.

There have been no reported instances of abuse, either by Casey's family or her friends that were around when Caylee was. What has been reported was that one time Casey left Caylee in the living room to tryst with a guy in a bedroom, pictures of Caylee in a garage where (what appeared to be) beer pong was going on, and Caylee in a yard where there were several adults with beer bottles in their hands. One gentleman stated that he slept in the same bed with Casey and Caylee, and another one said he was laying on top of the bed with Casey and Caylee was lying between them.

Never once has anyone indicated that Caylee was sexually or physically abused. As to what she endured mentally and psychologically, I guess people can speculate all they want.

George and Cindy could do nothing as grandparents to stop Casey taking her own child wherever and whenever she wanted. Could they yell and make things difficult? Probably, and more than likely tried. But in the final analysis Casey is still the parent and they are still NOT. Making statements that they should have done something is to assume that they did not, and we are simply not privy to that information.

Regardless, the photos of a bruised Caylee gave Yuri Melich a cause for concern. Why would a hairdresser email such a photo to the Police unless she suspected something was wrong?

It was a cause for concern because there was decomp in the car..that would lead anyone to think about a bruise in a different way.

She actually has a very good reputation at Gentiva, has been in a low-level management position for a very long time and is well-liked.

Sometimes, when our own family is involved, we are blind.

Is this stated somewhere? I've seen nothing regarding the A's employment - records or even friends of the family stating anything

If you could post a link to this info that would be great

What bruising of Caylee? My gosh, there are photos and videos of that girl from practically every day of her short little life. In ONE picture she has what might be a bruise under he eye and now everyone in the family beat her???? Find me a 2 year old who doesn't have a bruise somewhere on their body. That would be, IMO, an abused child - one who is not allowed to romp and play.

Unbelievable.

actually i have to agree with chilli this time. my children, perhaps b/c we live in the country and they are always outside, are never without some bumps, bruises, scratches, scrapes, even cuts and on a few occasions there've been emergency trips to the hospital (fell out of a tree he shouldn't have been up) and fell off a bike she'd just been given that day!
neither myself nor my husband are in any way abusing our children. children just run into things, fall over things, trip, run too fast while looking backwards--they're kinda like drunk midgets!

Thank you Cocowiley for taking the time to find that link for me. I haven't been diligent in watching all video and reading all transcripts related to Caylee's case. I have tried stay informed but I, myself, have four children still living at home and find myself very busy most of the time.

Don't forget the name calling -- snot head -- is emotional abuse and has damaging impacts. If she said it to others, that was the tip of the iceberg.

I can't find offense in the "snot head" comment the way most people do. One of the common signs for "child" in American Sign Language is a gesture wiggling your fingers below your nose meaning "snot nose child". Its common and accepted and not meant to be derogatory.

It's a common phrase (which I don't use) but people seem to be pouncing on it as if there is some meaning behind it. I don't think there is.

then that leaves only one option.
a good nurse, which she clearly is, would know a 7mo pregnant woman, and would not mistake the smell of death for pizza.

she would also not likely abuse or neglect her granddaughter, and not let her out into inappropriate party-type situations if she knows that is what is happening.

if caylee was in fact being brought to drug and sex parties like everyone seems to think, i do not think that CA knew about it. she obviously loved caylee and liked to play the overbearing mommy over KC and exert herself as a mommy to caylee when she could.

no way she was knowingly letting that go on or neglecting to stop KC from doing something she didnt agree with.

BTW, you say this like she is still working there?? there was a question regarding this earlier on the GA jobs thread, someone wondered if they both stopped working now.

What bruising of Caylee? My gosh, there are photos and videos of that girl from practically every day of her short little life. In ONE picture she has what might be a bruise under he eye and now everyone in the family beat her???? Find me a 2 year old who doesn't have a bruise somewhere on their body. That would be, IMO, an abused child - one who is not allowed to romp and play.

Unbelievable.

I don't think that it is unbelievable at all. This family let KC tell them that little Caylee was at a nanny (which they never met nor seen) for 31 days and didn't seem to question it much.

The hairdresser didn't send the photo, it was in Tony or Ricardo's cell phone and LE already had when they talked to the hairdresser who did not know about the photo and said that Casey was in on such and such date with Caylee, and she remembered Caylee having a bruise under her eye.

Is this stated somewhere? I've seen nothing regarding the A's employment - records or even friends of the family stating anything

If you could post a link to this info that would be great

No link, sorry.

I am also a Gentiva employee, that's how I know.

I can't find offense in the "snot head" comment the way most people do. One of the common signs for "child" in American Sign Language is a gesture wiggling your fingers below your nose meaning "snot nose child". Its common and accepted and not meant to be derogatory.

It's a common phrase (which I don't use) but people seem to be pouncing on it as if there is some meaning behind it. I don't think there is.

I agree, and if that word is emotional abuse, then go into the public school system and see what alot of teachers call their problem students..:eek:
I don't call my children that either, but do have a SIL who told my nephew (her stepson) that he is worthless, now at 10 years old, that is emotional abuse.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back