the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
some people do not care or are interested in this trial. They are more interested in the Steubenville one..:what:

I wonder if their blood pressure will fare better than those of us hooked on this trial.

bbm:

1- there is a thread in the parking lot to discuss the death penalty. (if you think it should be illegal or not..)

2- we don't know that she was treated badly by Travis. That is what she is saying but she is a proven liar (in her 48 hours interviews it was anything BUT bad treatment and also her journals)

3- this jury is DP qualified so yes, they know what is at stake here and they are able and willing to vote on death

4- my opinion is that the DP was not a stupid move. This case rises to that level :twocents:

Agreed. There is more evidence of her mistreating him. The stalking of not only him, but the women he was dating. Slashed tires. Sneaking into his house uninvited. Threatening suicide when he wanted to break it off with her. Taping him without his consent. Hacking his personal accounts, i.e. banking, email, myspace...etc. This list goes on and on.

2nd degree murder is not on the table, and it shouldn't be IMO.

That worries me. It makes a hung jury more likely. At the very least, it's second degree murder based on her story and his wounds. If there were any doubts about murder one, they would likely compromise for murder two. Now it's murder one, hung jury or acquittal. Juan should have gave the option for second degree murder.

Two minute warning...

(if court were to start on time, that is :sigh: )

It's almost 3pm Central time, and for the sake of Jodi getting her Sloppy Joe sammich on time tonight, we should be ending about 6:30pm Central time. I predict lots of husbands bringing home Taco Bell tonight! :what: :great: Ladies, call your hubbys and place your dinner orders!

Wonder what time the afternoon break will be? I need to plan my drive home then

OMG ... JVM on HLN with Vinnie now ... she has her own show still, right ? I mean really ...

:seeya:

You know what ... it's worth all the delays just to watch JA try to make up her story as she goes along. I mean really, how ridiculous. She gets guiltier and guiltier the longer she stays up there, if that's possible.

Yes, and I'm sure that the jury finds her increasingly loathesome as time goes by. :moo:

why doesn't the judge bring the hammer down on nurmi and his speaking objections? his tone and the added 'she's answered that like 3 times now' is OUT OF ORDER!!!! also, what he calls 'argumentative' isn't. it's just cross examination from my experience.

BBM

lol...this reminded me of the movie "And Justice For All" (Al Pacino)... the whole court is out of order:floorlaugh:

It really makes me miss the Judge Perry. He was so respectful of the jurors and their time. He made it clear to both sides that they had better not waste any of the jurys' time or he would make them make that time up.

Yep - and how did they repay his kindness? By not doing their job in return. Now we have the opposite case, I really believe these jurors are going to do their job, but we have a judge who could care less about wasting their time.

Juries are happy to condemn an evil man to death who killed his wife and baby for no other reason than convenience.

They are not so happy to condemn a scorned woman to death, especially a young, pretty blonde like JA who was actually treated quite badly by her victim.

The state should never have pursued the DP in this case, it was a stupid move. The risk of acquital is the other side of the DP coin. Juries don't actually want to kill anyone.

Yet another reason why the DP should be illegal. It's just too arbitrary.

Are you watching the same trial? The "STATE" did not pursue a "self-defense" stance! The "State" is pursuing the DEATH PENALTY. Scorned woman? PLEEEZZZ!

Agreed. There is more evidence of her mistreating him. The stalking of not only him, but the women he was dating. Slashed tires. Sneaking into his house uninvited. Threatening suicide when he wanted to break it off with her. Taping him without his consent. Hacking his personal accounts, i.e. banking, email, myspace...etc. This list goes on and on.

I wonder if JM will be able to get Jodi's DV expert to agree, I'm have a feeling he will .. looking forward to her sounding more like a pro-prosecution witness than a defence witness once JM is finished with her.

OMG ... JVM on HLN with Vinnie now ... she has her own show still, right ? I mean really ...

:seeya:

Yes, JVM is still on at 7:00 EST.

There will be a new show on HLN beginning at 10:00 tonight. It's called After Dark and will feature VP, JVM, NG, and Dr. Drew discussing the case in detail.

that was thrown out

they can, however, decide on felony murder (they don't have to be unanimous according to the lawyer thread)

Is that like second degree or does premed need to be proven beyond doubt for felony murder too?

That worries me. It makes a hung jury more likely. At the very least, it's second degree murder based on her story and his wounds. If there were any doubts about murder one, they would likely compromise for murder two. Now it's murder one, hung jury or acquittal. Juan should have gave the option for second degree murder.

Her story, that has changed 4, 5. . . 12 times? If she says the sky is blue, I'm going to look out the window at this point to check.

One thing the pundits never mention as far as this trial and the CA trial is that those jurors were sequestered and these are not.

I really don't see a hung jury or acquittal, especially not after hearing the questions the jury has been asking. I think it will be a choice between death and LWOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett