the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe she said that when they got into a wrestle, ( after Travis was shot in the head, she lost sight of it.

Jodi has me so confused with her stories changing. I could almost swear that the first story she told on the stand was that Travis FIRST tackled her and as they were on the ground the gun went off and she rolled away off to the side.

Now just today she says that AFTER she shot him he hit her and made her drop the gun.

It is all total BS.

Here is what I think about the stabbing 20+ times. I think she kept her distance and was jumping in to stab him as he was crawling around to try to get away. I could just imagine her lunging at him stabbing him a time or too and then jumping back always keeping her distance so he could not grab her.

Finally when he wasnt hardly moving and almost dead , she went up to him and slit his throat in that 1 area where there is the huge blood spill.

It is all so terrible. I wish Juan would have been able to talk more about the 20+ stabbings. Maybe that is yet to come. He needs to bring that point home. It is a ridiculous number of stab wounds.

Me too. My closet looks a lot like TA's .Mine are secured to the wall but the shelves are the same peg system. I weigh about the same as JA but am 3 inches taller... Gonna see what happens when I step on the shelf in socks....

ETA Gonna wait until my BF gets home so he can catch me if I start to fall on my a$$.

The frame is definitely secured to the wall. The shelves are adjustable. I have the same shelving sytem in all of my closets.

Typically it should be secured if only for safety reasons, as the carcass itself is dangerously heavy, however do-it-yourself installations don't always follow common sense! We don't know for sure about the furniture in Travis' closet but we definitely know those individual shelves were the balancing-on-adjustable-pins kind.

(Most people are familiar with those little rows of holes. Even JA thought she might just possibly know about them - maybe - I think.) :wink:

I have this system of shelving. It depends on how strong the holes are the pins fit into. It depends on the configuration of the 4 pins.....how close the pins are to the lip.

If the pegs are under the bottom of the shelf supporting it then the back part of the shelf will flip up when a 120 pounds of weight is applied to the front edge.

I feel like some sort of reenactment regarding the shelf would have been a good move. I felt like his last shot at her should have blown her right out of the water. It didn't.

I think that is what his rebuttal case and his closing statement will do. He will nail down all of this stuff then. He couldn't do any reenactments now because it was just a cross after the jurors questions. He didn't have much latitude.

Hopefully any jurors that have any type of resting shelves go home and do their own little experiment.

The only thing I didn't like is she said she put her foot on the lip of the shelf. That would most likely fail.

Ours arent either. We have no small children in our home that may climb on them so no need to secure them. Travis didnt have children either.

Mine are screwed to the wall. Because I'm short and I sometimes do climb mine to reach something up high. I do it quickly, I position my entire foot as far as possible to the outside side edge. My lower shelves don't have pins, they're metal brackets and shelves aren't particle board. They are made of half inch some kind of solid wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's up with the HLN woman with the electric red hair...she looks like she sleeps under the turnpike.

Lol her hair looks fried poor woman! She reminds me of that lady atty on the casey Anthony legal :floorlaugh:panel.
Y'all remember that lady with the same hair do?

Hopefully any jurors that have any type of resting shelves go home and do their own little experiment.

I don't think they're allowed to do that. Maybe some of our legal experts can weigh in. If a juror did it at home, there would be no way for the juror to know if his/her shelves are exactly like Travis'. That's my understanding, anyway.

Has anyone got a link for HLN the usual streaming one doesn't seem to be working. Superusvoxtv is the one I usually use.

Originally Posted by Sulamith
I live in a house that a (recent) murder took place in. We did not know it until we bought it. In my state, murder in a house does not need to be disclosed.

No, not a notorious case. I live in a small town, population around 1400, so it was a pretty big deal around here. I was told when we first moved here that I never needed to worry about our house being broken into because it was "haunted". LOL, lots of simple minded people around here. Never bothered me, but you should have seen the look on my husband's face when he found out! He was freaked out! I can tell you of a notorious case around here. Napoleon Beazley. There is a story for my small town!

I just watched that documentary about Napoleon Beazley. What a heartbreaker-on both sides really. What a waste of two lives. :(

Originally Posted by AuburnSchnauzer
Something that really stood out to me in today's testimony was when Juan asked Jodi if she wanted to follow by Mormon rules and she said, " I wanted it to APPEAR that way "..... Meaning, she really didn't, but wanted people to THINK that she did.

I noticed that too. She just wanted to keep up an appearance.

So what? I was raised Mormon as my husband was.. It is all about appearances. IMO JA was stupid to join the Mormon church. I never wanted to say that before because I don't want to get banned from WS for "Mormon bashing".

I guess I was wrong on the "definitely" part then. I presumed that the frame holding the shelves would be anchored for safety reasons. Then again, I live in southern California.

We have no reason to anchor ours to our walls. First we dont want holes in our walls in the walk in closets and no one goes in them but my hubby and me. Our children are grown so there are no small children running around and they wouldnt be allowed in the closets anyway and certainly wouldnt be allowed to climb on them where they could get hurt.

Even if the frame is secured to the wall .........the shelving itself is sitting on pegs underneath each shelf. The shelving itself can flip as there is nothing in place to keep it from moving.

imo

did she say she SAW the gun in Dec??? in earlier testimony or that TA loaded it and took it somewhere???

Tomorrow she'll say that Travis loaded the gun, handed it to her and told her to shoot him in the head, saying "kill me b*tch".

She doesn't remember the details but she felt mortal fear. Because fog.

Blond headed defense attorney dude on HLN is delusional. He says it's easy to do what Jodi did to Travis in 62 seconds. Where do they get these people?

I don't know how big Travis's room was but my room is about 20x20 and I had my son wait in the bathroom while I ran around, I would have not been able to get that gun so easily. It would have taken a stool and about 25 sec. The gun would have slowed her down. Then figure another 15 to 25 sec. to get the knife, if she knew where it was. It could be done if she knew where everything was and it was right in her bag. There was no running around.

I'm a little perplexed that Juan didn't preface every statement based on her word ... With "you allege", "you claim" or "you expect us to believe"

I'm disappointed he didn't drive home the fact there is zero corroboration of any domestic abuse, Travis's supposed gun or fighti g for her life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe JM thinks when he says.. You said in Direct, Cross or to Jury questions...
That Jury thinks: Jodi said= insinuation, omitted, fabricated & straight up lie??

Jim :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member