The Ramseys are Cleared

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kane told Larry King he was not there to discuss the evidence. (DUH) And it went downhill from there.

I remember. He was being professional, not giving Wood anything he didn't have to. That's standard operating procedure, or didn't you know that? He sure didn't hold back in Atlanta, did he?

As for "TTT", it's a well understood acroynym for third-tier toliet.

Somehow, I don't think the Pennsylvania office he worked for would agree with you. But then, any attorney who doesn't toe the Ramsey line seems to get tarred with that brush from you, so what's the point?

Kane wanted the Ramseys indicted.

Oh, so you're psychic, too?

He failed. Thus, after a year in front of the Grand Jury, he failed to make his case.

Nobody could have made a case with that set-up. They bring him in to do it, then tie his hands. Why bother in the first place?

Who says he was the Best Denver had to offer for one thing and for another it is only a matter of opinion that Kane left that area defeated I have always belived he knew what had to be saved for trial

Kane graduated from the U. of Colorado law school in 1979. He had many years of experience as a prosecutor for Denver. The input to me said that Kane was the best they had at the time he moved over to handle the case on behalf of Hunter.

I remember. He was being professional, not giving Wood anything he didn't have to. That's standard operating procedure, or didn't you know that? He sure didn't hold back in Atlanta, did he?

Somehow, I don't think the Pennsylvania office he worked for would agree with you. But then, any attorney who doesn't toe the Ramsey line seems to get tarred with that brush from you, so what's the point?

Oh, so you're psychic, too?

Nobody could have made a case with that set-up. They bring him in to do it, then tie his hands. Why bother in the first place?

Look, this is real simple. Unlike you think, a D.A. cannnot indict a person. That responsibility lies either with a Judge who hears the evidence (both sides) in a preliminary hearing or with a Grand Jury that hears the best evidence for probable cause that the D.A.'s office can present, and they usually leave out exculpatory evidence.

Kane went before the Grand Jury to obtain an indictment. He failed.

Look, this is real simple. Unlike you think, a D.A. cannnot indict a person. That responsibility lies either with a Judge who hears the evidence (both sides) in a preliminary hearing or with a Grand Jury that hears the best evidence for probable cause that the D.A.'s office can present, and they usually leave out exculpatory evidence.

Don't hand me that. Just about every article and book written on this case says the same thing: in Colorado, the DA is the sole arbiter of whether or not to go forward. It wouldn't be the first time the Boulder DA tanked a grand jury.

This case was the perfect storm of political infighting meets incompetance. The police and the DA disagreed over how to proceed on the investigation and whether or not the Ramsey's should be the prime suspects. A HUGE number of people either in the DAs office or BPD resigned in a snit because their pet theory wasn't considered the 'right' theory. Once everybody started infighting then various pieces of evidence were stressed or not, depending on who was telling the story. This one got help, this one got no help...this evidence was tested, this evidence wasn't, roadblocks and misinformation from all sides, everyone bolstering their own viewpoint.

Throw in Hal Haddon and Lin Wood, two of the top lawyers in the country with very, very strong track records of winning, and deep pockets....and Haddon's massive political influence in Colorado...

Game over.

This case was probably doomed within the first 7 days.

I agree there was a wealth of incompetence associated with this case. At the top of my list, I have Steve Thomas and Linda Arndt.

Well, lilywhite, what I mean is a jury is comprised of laypeople like you and me. That's my whole point: what would a jury made up of Mr and Mrs America believe? "Experts" or their own eyes?

Depends on the people, I think. I would be likely to let an "expert" opinion carry a lot of weight in making my own decision, but would probably not accept it blindly; I trust my own eyes and judgment. I expect there would be other people who would believe the expert completely, some who would only trust their own eyes, and most on some continuum between those two points.

It would be really interesting if this had ever come to trial, to see how a jury would respond to what we consider key facts or pieces of e

Don't hand me that. Just about every article and book written on this case says the same thing: in Colorado, the DA is the sole arbiter of whether or not to go forward. It wouldn't be the first time the Boulder DA tanked a grand jury.

"Go forward" means to have the evidence presented to a Grand Jury or have it presented to a Judge in a preliminary hearing. "Go forward" does not mean that a D.A. can approve an indictment on their own.

HTH

Oh, coloradokares, I'm so very sorry to hear about your dear husband. He is in my thoughts and prayers as are you and the rest of your loved ones. May You All be Blest~
AW

Thanks so much we are so grateful so far the side effects have been milder than we had created in our minds.

Nobody knows what was presented to the grand jury or why they didn't indict or what was put in the report that was never made public.

I think there is plenty of probable cause to indict Patsy Ramsey for manslaughter given the low threshold necessary for an indictment.

This latest prank only shows Boulder's IGNORANCE. How ANYONE could say it 100% rules out the family is beyond me.

Remind me never to go to Colorado.[/quot

You would love the beauty of my state and every state has its share of atocities.

I agree there was a wealth of incompetence associated with this case. At the top of my list, I have Steve Thomas and Linda Arndt.

Much as I'd like, Wudge, I just can't put the blame on the police. And let me explain why. They can't enforce laws that don't exist. They can't force a DA to do his or her actual job. Look, I've known a few cops in my day, and all of them believed in law and order in a strangelt innocent way. Why shouldn't they? The law gives them their power, right? But when a criminal falls into their hands, the system that they risk their lives to defend marshals its forces to cheat them of their catch. Judges give lenient sentences (I live in Vermont, so I know a bit about this), politicians issue pardons, and that's assuming that "respected" defense lawyers haven't already won an acquittal. So I can sympathize with their frustration.

"Go forward" means to have the evidence presented to a Grand Jury or have it presented to a Judge in a preliminary hearing. "Go forward" does not mean that a D.A. can approve an indictment on their own.

I don't have a "Stupid" button that I can push to get stupid. If the DA's office couldn't make a case, that's their fault. I didn't vote for them. The DA has final say as to whether or not an indictment in a Grand Jury case is filed. They also have say over who is selected to be on a Grand Jury, which explains a lot, in my opinion. They say a Grand Jury will indict a ham sandwich. But that saying ignores one very important fact: a ham sandwich can't afford million-dollar lawyers who JUST HAPPEN to be business partners with the DA's office. Isn't it funny how that worked out?

Kane graduated from the U. of Colorado law school in 1979. He had many years of experience as a prosecutor for Denver. The input to me said that Kane was the best they had at the time he moved over to handle the case on behalf of Hunter.

Heresay and opinion and that is not putting down Kane.....

just wanted to post to 'see' if my signature shows up! :crazy:

Also - this thread is getting WAY big to load... just saying! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back