The Ramseys are Cleared

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My post was directed to Linask, not you. Moreover, I had a similar discussion years ago in this same forum. But at that time it was a forum concern as regards being prudent, not an individual concern. At that time, it was said that the forum operates under different standards. I have no reason to believe anything has changed, and frankly, for most posters, I would not have said anything.

However, I have posted elsewhere with Linask over the years, and because I thought their post seemed out of character, I posted to them to make sure they knew what they were doing. No harm. No foul.

As regards possible defamation or libel, you can extend yourself as far as you wish. I would say absolutely nothing. I have no long-term posting relationship with you.

As for you saying "I won't have it, capice". You should have ended when you said you would not speak for Linask. No harm. No foul.

I'm a big girl Wudge. I just took the IMO out of my signature when I changed it recently to reflect the presidential election. I sometimes forget, but I'm well aware...

Oh, one more thought about the case.

In Iowa, about ten years ago, a 13 year old boy went missing from his rural home. None of his belongings were missing and the $200 or so he'd accumulated was still present. The entire family (parents, one brother 5 or 6 years younger, baby sister) and dog were home that night and reported no disturbances. The house was repeatedly searched by family and law enforcement personnel.

About two years later, the boy's body was found. In the home. It was an older farmhouse and the basement didn't completely conform to the outside perimeter of the house. It was old enough that a root cellar had been dug that projected out from the perimeter of the house. It had been boarded up at some point, probably after electricity was installed in the 30s. The boy had apparently discovered this forgotten room, turned the boards into a door and made it his private hiding place.

Even though many people had searched that basement, some of them searching for his body (law enforcement suspected that one or both of his parents may have killed him), it was two years before the body was found. The person who found it was the younger brother.

The victim had some *advertiser censored* in there and his body was found hanging. He was clothed in women's underwear. It's pretty clear that he had discovered autoerotic self asphyxiation and died by mistake.

So the fact that the Ramseys did not immediately locate JonBenet's body does not seem so farfetched to me. Particularly since they were a family who had someone to do most of the housecleaning. It was a large house with a somewhat confusing layout.

So the fact that the Ramseys did not immediately locate JonBenet's body does not seem so farfetched to me. Particularly since they were a family who had someone to do most of the housecleaning. It was a large house with a somewhat confusing layout.

Ummm, then why didn't they have Linda Arndt search the basement to be sure? :waitasec:patsy used the basement to paint, and they had Christmas presents and a wine cellar down there. This was not an unused basement. I'd want my whole house searched immediately if my daughter was missing. Instead, when John did go and "find" JB's body hours later, he didn't call up to Linda A., he brought up the body himself to contaminate the evidence, and Patsy further contaminated it when she threw herself on JB's body. Coincidence? I think not.:waitasec:

My post was directed to Linask, not you. Moreover, I had a similar discussion years ago in this same forum. But at that time it was a forum concern as regards being prudent, not an individual concern. At that time, it was said that the forum operates under different standards. I have no reason to believe anything has changed, and frankly, for most posters, I would not have said anything.

However, I have posted elsewhere with Linask over the years, and because I thought their post seemed out of character, I posted to them to make sure they knew what they were doing. No harm. No foul.

As regards possible defamation or libel, you can extend yourself as far as you wish. I would say absolutely nothing. I have no long-term posting relationship with you.

As for you saying "I won't have it, capice". You should have ended when you said you would not speak for Linask. No harm. No foul.

For once, Wudge, we agree. I did overstep my bounds and I do regret it.

You got it SuperDave! Even when we do tell, it's not often we are believed, so we get re-victimized all over again.

I've often heard it said that sex-crimes are the only kind of crime where the victim is victimized several times. What happened to JonBenet is horrible. That it might have been happening is beyond my capacity for pity or mercy. I used to think that murder was the worst crime of all, but it's the living victims that rip your guts out.

Patsy might have walked in on them, aimed for John, but ended up severly injuring JB by mistake, then feeling they had to finish her off rather than face the negative PR that would have resulted from calling 911 or taking her to an emergency room and admitting it was all a mistake/ that any sexual abuse took place.

I am very sorry to hear you were abused, Miss Linda.

Maybe that's what I can't wrap my head around Tex. I just CANNOT believe that someone would murder their child because they wet the bed. Especially a parent that doted on her child. Maybe if there was an another motive, but bed wetting??? That's all Steve Thomas could come up with?? I think it is more likely some sick pedophile killed her then her mother because she wet the bed.

Agreed .

However, though there are so many "coincidences" that cause me to still speculate. *sigh*

Why not take her from the house and discard of her body somewhere off a mountain.? :(

And IF the Ramseys did it .. did they not think media would be all over place;when would they be able to dispose of her body?

..waiting for kidnapper to call all day while she lay downstairs--- ?

Again-- , i shouldnt read too much here i get so fired up.:furious:,,and on and off that fence ..is given me splinters :eek:

I don't believe in coincidences in this case, Anniegirl. Not anymore.

For once, Wudge, we agree. I did overstep my bounds and I do regret it.

LOL....Wudge and I have had many a battle over Scott Peterson and it's kinda freaking me out to be in agreement with Ol' Wudge on this case!

:waitasec:

If John truly believes that Patsy didn't do this, then I hope he's gotten over all the forgiveness crap and has been getting someone to look into things with a fresh eye. If the murder was done by an intruder then it was someone who was either stalking and sneaking into their home for a period of time or someone who knows the family. I find it very chilling to think that someone could have been entering their home when they were gone and finding out all sorts of things.

Agreed .

However, though there are so many "coincidences" that cause me to still speculate. *sigh*

Why not take her from the house and discard of her body somewhere off a mountain.? :(

And IF the Ramseys did it .. did they not think media would be all over place;when would they be able to dispose of her body?

..waiting for kidnapper to call all day while she lay downstairs--- ?

Again-- , i shouldnt read too much here i get so fired up.:furious:,,and on and off that fence ..is given me splinters :eek:

To leave the house with her body produced a multitude of opportunities to be found out.

I think the body was found exactly where the R's wanted it to be found.
(I think the 'by whom' changed as the day wore on.)

They knew the media would be all over it like stink on poo... They made sure that they were...

They were not waiting for the kidnappers to call, IMO. They were waiting for someone to find the body. It just took much longer than they expected and they had to do it themselves. (IMO)

To leave the house with her body produced a multitude of opportunities to be found out.

I think the body was found exactly where the R's wanted it to be found.
(I think the 'by whom' changed as the day wore on.)

They knew the media would be all over it like stink on poo... They made sure that they were...

They were not waiting for the kidnappers to call, IMO. They were waiting for someone to find the body. It just took much longer than they expected and they had to do it themselves. (IMO)

Question for ya Angel. I read PMPT, but I was just wondering if one wanted a refresher on this case, how accurate is the movie. I've seen bits and pieces but never the whole thing from beginning to end. What do you think?

I just can't wrap my brain around a parent murdering their child in such a violent way with the fractured skull, garrote, etc. And then cleaning the body afterward and redressing her. If it had been in a fit of rage and accidental, I just can't picture a parent sticking around the body like that. She/they would want to erase the picture of their dead daughter from their eyes as soon as possible. It just doesn't make any sense to me. They just don't fit the profile of parents who kill their child/children.

I just can't wrap my brain around a parent murdering their child in such a violent way with the fractured skull, garrote, etc. And then cleaning the body afterward and redressing her. If it had been in a fit of rage and accidental, I just can't picture a parent sticking around the body like that. She/they would want to erase the picture of their dead daughter from their eyes as soon as possible. It just doesn't make any sense to me. They just don't fit the profile of parents who kill their child/children.

What profile would that be? They tried to get out of Boulder asap, before JB's body was even cold... The redressing was guilt over accidentally killing her. They never planned for it to go that far. I think she was asphixiated by the garrote first, then when they thought she had died, finished off with the head blow rather than try to save her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back