The ransom note

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I fully understand where you are coming from but has anyone thought that maybe Patty was Ambidextrous? They didn’t have her write samples with both hands from what I remember... I may be mistaken but I’m not sure. She was very much into literature and journalism. I’m comparing two people here: one, a friend of mine who’s a journalist and has a major in journalism and minored in literature. She is ambidextrous-however I am the only one who knows that because I lived with her for 4 years in college. It may sound far fetched but it a possibility!

Patsy was ambidextrous. Nevertheless, we can all write somewhat with our opposite hand. Nevermind the handwriting, which is Patsy’s. PR couldn’t get out of the way of her own idiolect. SA Jim Fitzgerald, an expert in forensic linguistics, who identified and caught the UNABOMBER, largely from forensic linguistics alone, identified Patsy Ramsey as the writer of the ransom note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ambidextrous or not. No proof anyway. I can't see somebody in this position sitting down to write a long winded ransom note when 3 or 4 lines would suffice

There is a mountain of proof she wrote the note. Take a look at my popular photos in this thread. That should be enough.

PATSY RAMSEY IS THE ONLY PERSON EVER THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED AS AUTHOR OF THE NOTE.

Patsy was ambidextrous. Nevertheless, we can all write somewhat with our opposite hand. Nevermind the handwriting, which is Patsy’s. PR couldn’t get out of the way of her own idiolect. SA Jim Fitzgerald, an expert in forensic linguistics, who identified and caught the UNABOMBER, largely from forensic linguistics alone, identified Patsy Ramsey as the writer of the ransom note.

I just wanted to state I wrote Patsy - but my iPhone clearly does not like to use certain words as I write them out. My apologies, but I am in full agreement with you. There is zero way that anyone else wrote this note, she had the smarts to write it - I think that she had planned her untimely death. I feel as if both the Ramsey's collaborated because their daughter was in the spotlight with her pageants. What a better time to kill off your daughter while she is becoming Miss Popularity? This is how I've thought since the moment I heard about this case, and I firmly believe this was all planned out just happened on the wrong day. I think they rushed it, but still covered themselves up - I'm still shocked they were both cleared as suspects when they did slip up A LOT and left a lot of people curious of their words and actions.

Why would Patsy write a long rambling ransom note. The first thing you would think about in writing a fake note, is that your own handwriting would be sourced for comparison. The longer the note, the more evidence you leave behind. It makes sense that the note would therefore be short and to the point.

I do not think any of them meant to kill JBR. This was not planned in my opinion. PR was probably barely hanging on (mentally) and just wrote the note. It has PR all over it. It had editing in it just like journalists use (PR was a Journalist major) It is so typical PR to way over do the RN. It fits her personality. And the practice sheets also fit.

No way did a random intruder write that note.

I don't understand why it had to be layed out one next to the other. Why not just in a pile on top of each other. It had a beginning, a middle and an end. Anyone reading it would know what order to read it in. So...why lay it out like that? It reminds me of something a student would do to show a teacher their work. Just odd.

I don't understand why it had to be layed out one next to the other. Why not just in a pile on top of each other. It had a beginning, a middle and an end. Anyone reading it would know what order to read it in. So...why lay it out like that? It reminds me of something a student would do to show a teacher their work. Just odd.

It’s the Rams planned built-in excuse for why their fingerprints aren’t on the note. If it’s laid out, then they don’t have to handle/touch it!

I agree with you BUT what about all the movie quotes?? This requires someone to remember word for word quotes from movies they may have only seen once and how long ago? I'm thinking someone has dictated this note over the phone to Patsy OR ....... someone else in the house wrote a note and Patsy has taken that note and used the quotes from it into an extended version of the ransom note. Maybe that is where she got the whole idea of writing a ransom note in the first place.

I agree with you BUT what about all the movie quotes?? This requires someone to remember word for word quotes from movies they may have only seen once and how long ago? I'm thinking someone has dictated this note over the phone to Patsy OR ....... someone else in the house wrote a note and Patsy has taken that note and used the quotes from it into an extended version of the ransom note. Maybe that is where she got the whole idea of writing a ransom note in the first place.

JR was/is in control. There were at least 5 movie posters in the basement. They had a movie projector in their room. In short, JR was a movie buff.

JR finally admits he watched the movie SPEED, but it was on a plane and with no sound.

Ya, ok. That’s like a kid admitting that he stole a cookie from the cookie jar, but swears he didn’t eat the cookie.

I personally don't believe that someone like Patsy Ramsey would have covered up for and forgiven JAR who wasn't even her own flesh and blood.
I can't even imagine her covering up for her own son Burke and going on living with him if he had killed her precious possession: the daughter whom she saw as an extension of herself, and through whom she had lived vicariously in the past years.
And suppose John had killed her daughter, I believe Patsy would have killed him too, or have tried to kill him. No way would she (who obviously was a narcissist) have been able to live with him together for years afterward, covering for him to the point of letting the public name her as the prime suspect.
In short, jmpo, but the only person I can imagine a narcissist like Patsy Ramsey would ever have covered up for is herself.

I believe that the head blow came first, and was struck by Patsy in a rage.

Yep, agree with all of of this. And, since the subject is the RN, I will add that they would have had a better chance of not becoming suspects without the RN. Because that note has always screamed "Patsy wrote this" to me, and that has nothing to do with the handwriting. It could have been typed and I would have said the same thing.

Out of curiosity, I had been told by a source that the Ramsey's had filed for divorce several years after JBR's death. Is this fact or fiction? If true, they may have been able to live with each other until the guilt from both of them ate them alive and had caused the divorce. I still believe they were both in cahoots together I don't believe that Burke had anything to do with this and if he did, at the age he was at when it happened I think that Burke would have come clean since he was questioned multiple times and by hard cops too who continued to ask the same question just rewording their questions to get Burke to talk. I think they will all take the truth to the grave OR Burke will come out and say something once his parents are both deceased. IMO
I'm also new to all of this and this is just what my own opinion is, I firmly still stand with Patsy writing the note, but I believe John had something to do with it because of the movie quotes.

So wrt JDI, a question,
JR traced or forged PR's
handwriting so successfully,
that while he is excluded as author
PR was not ...

"PATSY RAMSEY IS THE ONLY PERSON
EVER THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED AS AUTHOR OF THE NOTE."

In my opinion there is a lot of hatred twords JR in that RN which is also why I think PR wrote it. It so sounds like a wife pissed off at her husband.

The fact that they stayed apart and never comforted each other on the day JBR is very telling

The fact that they stayed apart and never comforted each other on the day JBR is very telling

That is how I feel, if its Christmas, and your daughter was mysteriously murdered somehow....wouldn't you want your spouse to comfort you? It was extremely uncomfortable how separate they all seemed, it did not seem like they had love for each other and it did not look like that JR and PR wanted to be close and loving towards each other. If it was me, and my daughter was murdered...I'd be throwing my arms around my husband crying and being upset. I just get this awkward feeling when I see their old interviews on TV and how they acted in public, something just did not sit right with me.

So wrt JDI, a question,
JR traced or forged PR's
handwriting so successfully,
that while he is excluded as author
PR was not ...

"PATSY RAMSEY IS THE ONLY PERSON
EVER THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED AS AUTHOR OF THE NOTE."

Tadpole12,
Patsy wrote that ransom note. Yet that does not mean the case is PDI, it might simply be JDI, he knows far too much regarding mundane details about stuff down in the basement.

Most guys would be, what the basement, no I leave that to the housekeeper, I'm far too busy at work !

One thing is certain Burke Ramsey knows who did it. Does anyone think Burke Ramsey cannot sleep because he thinks his mother was abusing JonBenet?

One thing is certain Burke Ramsey knows who did it. Does anyone think Burke Ramsey cannot sleep because he thinks his mother was abusing JonBenet?
Y'know I never once thought about that...ever I mean there was ZERO way any intruder could of possibly gone into the home - snow on the ground and no fresh footsteps leading to or from the home. IF BDI I feel like it was forced upon him to have some sort of "part" within this. HOWEVER I do believe that PDI and JDI it was not just one person. As for the RN its undoubtly PR's handwriting from a journalist and literary major...The way those notes were laid on the table it was like a teacher giving an assignment or a journalist evaluating a column for a newspaper...

Y'know I never once thought about that...ever I mean there was ZERO way any intruder could of possibly gone into the home - snow on the ground and no fresh footsteps leading to or from the home. IF BDI I feel like it was forced upon him to have some sort of "part" within this. HOWEVER I do believe that PDI and JDI it was not just one person. As for the RN its undoubtly PR's handwriting from a journalist and literary major...The way those notes were laid on the table it was like a teacher giving an assignment or a journalist evaluating a column for a newspaper...

Misskolie,
I reckon PDI as a theory is an outlier, it could have happened, Patsy might have had issues and physically abused JonBenet, who knows, Burke sticks up for Patsy, yet the staging in the basement is not that of a mother attempting to stage herself out a homicide case.

Patsy deposited more evidence down in the basement than she ever would in JonBenet's bedroom, since by her own account, she can justifiy any personal forensic evidence found there, not so easy down in the basement where she gets the housekeeper to fetch and carry, e.g. Christmas items, painting materials, cleaning up, etc.

So if Burke knows the case is not PDI, and its not BDI, then Burke Ramsey knows who killed JonBenet and why !

Tadpole12,
Patsy wrote that ransom note. Yet that does not mean the case is PDI, it might simply be JDI, he knows far too much regarding mundane details about stuff down in the basement.

Most guys would be, what the basement, no I leave that to the housekeeper, I'm far too busy at work !

There are only two people that PR would be willing to write that note for.

Does anyone think Burke Ramsey cannot sleep because he thinks his mother was abusing JonBenet? - UK

Horrific possibility.

There are only two people that PR would be willing to write that note for.
~RSBM~
I have heard this stated before by some long-term posters I admire. And I respect your point which I can conceive could be true. But I’ve a few concerns which keep me from embracing that idea as an absolute. I don’t doubt that Patsy physically wrote the RN. However, given the housekeeper LW claimed the verbiage in the RN reflected both of the adult Rs’ speech, I can’t dismiss that JR had a hand in directing some of the material in it.

There are many statistics of women covering for crimes committed by their boyfriends or husbands. Motives vary. As a Southern woman Patsy seemed to be majorly about protecting her family. Whatever it took. If one believes the CBS program, a cover-up might just be for two members of her household.

Ann Rule, crime writer, once had some brief dialog about the R case in a CNN interview. Keep in mind that Rule had long-term relationships with police departments, had spoken to Boulder LE and also had interaction with a few FBI. She was understandably hesitant to discuss the R case. With great reluctance she only commented on it briefly. Like any of us with an opinion, she may not be close to the truth, but here’s what she had to say -

Question: Ann...You will NEVER stop getting asked about the RAMSEY case, because people want to know! And so they ask the best. One more time. What are your thoughts, and did you see/hear anything while in Boulder that changed your way of thinking?
Ann Rule: I think JonBenét was killed by her parents. I suspect the father was molesting her and she threatened to tell. I think her mother helped cover it up. Very sad.
~snip~
Question: The sad thing is that so many crimes like these never reach the courts.
Ann Rule: That's true. There IS such a thing as a perfect murder. Lots of them.
Question: If a person goes berzerk, like J MacDonald...I fail to understand why they do not show remorse...these types of murders seem so spontaneous, why the claim of innocence?
Ann Rule: People without conscience have no remorse. Of all the things I've had to accept in my career, that is still the most difficult!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back