The Real World: Employment Facts and Records

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in the LE interviews & the FBI interviews, GA mentions it was for 1200.00.

If I think correctly, the amount for KC's would have been $600. Remember, the checks were dependent on what you filed on your tax return. $600 would be no income and 1 child. GA& CA=$1200.

ETA: Ahhh haaa, GA & CA was this amount b/c I bet they filed for Caylee.

I'm not sure how employment laws work in the US but maybe, when you are on maternity leave, you are still technically employed - just on "leave". CA does mention (at the Bond hearing) that KC was employed when she had Caylee because her employer paid her medical bills for the birth. Technically, until they filed for "job abandonment" maybe she was still "employed". Not earning money but listed as an employee on maternity leave.

MOO

I think that's exactly what the confusion is. She may have been EMPLOYED through April 2006, but where everyone gets mixed up is they think that means she was WORKING. lol

I have a client business who just now terminated the "employment" of an employee who hasn't actually shown up for work for 2 1/2 years! :rolleyes:

In one of these latest FBI tapes I believe George say's he left LE b/c Cindy wanted him home & he had a new son. He said that's when he went to work for his father at the car dealership.

Thats what I heard as well. Not sure if Sheriff depts work the same in FL as they do in Va, but here, the Sheriff position is a political one. The sheriff is elected by the people, not promoted into the position as a police chief would be. As a result, sometimes the new sheriff wants to clean house, so to speak, and get in a bunch of his own people, and the deputies can just be let go on the whim of the sheriff. So, the position he held would not have been as secure as a job at a police department, hence, CA wanting him to get something a little more secure given they had a family to support. Often folks who can't make the cut in the police dept go on to become deputies, or, even further down the food chain, security. There is definitely snobbery in LE, with FBI perceived at the top and sheriff depts near the bottom.

If I think correctly, the amount for KC's would have been $600. Remember, the checks were dependent on what you filed on your tax return. $600 would be no income and 1 child. GA& CA=$1200.

ETA: Ahhh haaa, GA & CA was this amount b/c I bet they filed for Caylee.

IMO KC couldn't receive a $600. check because she didn't file an income tax return for 07 and a filed return is necessary to have received the $600.00 check.

Legally, CA/GA cannot file Caylee as a dependent because they do not have legal standing as guardian and/or Caylee is not disabled for them to include her as a dependent on their taxes.

Our daughter and grandkids lived with us and we paid all the bills for my grandkids and we were not allowed to include them as dependents because we did not have legal custody. Even now that I have joint legal custody of the oldest grandson, and pay more than 1/2 of his expenses, I cannot file him as a dependent.

Thats what I heard as well. Not sure if Sheriff depts work the same in FL as they do in Va, but here, the Sheriff position is a political one. The sheriff is elected by the people, not promoted into the position as a police chief would be. As a result, sometimes the new sheriff wants to clean house, so to speak, and get in a bunch of his own people, and the deputies can just be let go on the whim of the sheriff. So, the position he held would not have been as secure as a job at a police department, hence, CA wanting him to get something a little more secure given they had a family to support. Often folks who can't make the cut in the police dept go on to become deputies, or, even further down the food chain, security. There is definitely snobbery in LE, with FBI perceived at the top and sheriff depts near the bottom.

Bold by me. LOL, you must live near me! This has been a running joke for years.

One of the reasons I finally joined, after reading for many years (going all the way back to Jon Benet if you can believe it, through the Holloway case) is that I have worked for a marketing company for years. We do business with Kodak and many other major tech companies, and all our contracts are with them, although the people that work on their programs are completely employed by us. We even have offices on these various company campuses. Our employees are not contract workers(these programs are by contract with the vendor/client for a certain period) they work for us, and receive benifits,withholding. Our employees work across programs if they are qualified and wish to pick up hours. It is possible to become FT in the field, as long as there are no program conflicts (i.e. Apple/Microsoft, Kodak/Cannon)

My company is legit, however, there are others in this business that do employ "contract" workers(meaning each works for him/herself) or worse, do not keep records on the books, so to say. "Event Planners" falls right in to this category, as do greeters, demonstrator, etc.

It's a small industry, and everyone seems to know everyone and how to play all the games, if they want to. I've wondered if KC was "working for one of these companies, as it is so competitive, more of having bodies show up than anything else at times. Of course, this is not what my company is about, or what I manage, but I have had to fire quite a few people who thought they could scam me, my programs, my client. Big talkers, big liars,had a reason/escape clause for everything.

If KC found the right company, worked off the books so to say, even under another name, it might have worked for a while. She had just enough knowledge to get her in the door.

Maybe he is on disability and he is just now getting a job to work through the thousands of dollars in debt Casey rang up. Financially things have to have gotten worse in the 41 days.

I think not. They have all those donations from the jars that KidFinders set out. IF it wasn't lucrative, whyw ould George want to work for them instead of a "paying" job? Particularly with Cindy not working

One of the reasons I finally joined, after reading for many years (going all the way back to Jon Benet if you can believe it, through the Holloway case) is that I have worked for a marketing company for years. We do business with Kodak and many other major tech companies, and all our contracts are with them, although the people that work on their programs are completely employed by us. We even have offices on these various company campuses. Our employees are not contract workers(these programs are by contract with the vendor/client for a certain period) they work for us, and receive benifits,withholding. Our employees work across programs if they are qualified and wish to pick up hours. It is possible to become FT in the field, as long as there are no program conflicts (i.e. Apple/Microsoft, Kodak/Cannon)

My company is legit, however, there are others in this business that do employ "contract" workers(meaning each works for him/herself) or worse, do not keep records on the books, so to say. "Event Planners" falls right in to this category, as do greeters, demonstrator, etc.

It's a small industry, and everyone seems to know everyone and how to play all the games, if they want to. I've wondered if KC was "working for one of these companies, as it is so competitive, more of having bodies show up than anything else at times. Of course, this is not what my company is about, or what I manage, but I have had to fire quite a few people who thought they could scam me, my programs, my client. Big talkers, big liars,had a reason/escape clause for everything.

If KC found the right company, worked off the books so to say, even under another name, it might have worked for a while. She had just enough knowledge to get her in the door.

Here's the reasons I don't believe her.
1) She never claimed to work for a contract company
2) Cindy claimed she has the time cards to prove it (time cards must be turned into employer in order to be paid.
3) Cindy claims to have check stubs - wouldn't she question a pay stub if it was from someone other than Uiversal
4) Casey took the police to Universal to prove she worked there, not to a contract comapny

Welcome Mollie.

I don't believe she worked because I'm SURE investigators checked to see if she EVER filed tax returns.

Not to mention, I'm sure any employer would have contacted LE to let them know Casey was an employee.

And.... there's NO WAY Cindy would not be loduly refuting the claims that Casey had no job IF she had any real job.

2) Cindy claimed she has the time cards to prove it (time cards must be turned into employer in order to be paid.
3) Cindy claims to have check stubs - wouldn't she question a pay stub if it was from someone other than Uiversal

I bet Cindy kept those things in the same place she has that picture of the Nanny.

(In her imagination)

I bet Cindy kept those things in the same place she has that picture of the Nanny.

(In her imagination)

Yeah, the illusive "picture of the nanny in the park with Casey and Caylee"...wonder whatever became of that one?

I just think it is important that we all realize that she was not working since she had Caylee...Perhaps it was more than she could manage, or she just felt that she deserved a free ride from her parents since she had given them a grandchild. EVERYTHING was provided for her has been made clear by George. Money was also handed to her left and right from mom and dad, AND she was stealing tons of money...and all for what? For Casey to run around like a 17 year old with no worries, concerns or cares in the world...everything provided free of charge and without obligations...I would bet her mom even cleaned her room (a thing that I insist my children do from about the age of 15 on their own...until then I provide assistance:))...My 11 year old son who is autistic seems to have more responsibilities than Casey-a grown mother of 22...How does THAT make any sense?

So where WAS she going while Lauren and the Grunds and Jesse were babysitting? and what did she do with Caylee ALL THAT TIME after these good people stopped helping her while her mom was at work? I am sure that George took care of Caylee some of that time, as it appears he was out of work up until he started a new job the day they "caught" Casey...

Thanks for the welcome!

Just to counter how these people operate,and help explain how KC might have had money for part of this time until she started stealing:

1) She never claimed to work for a contract company -Believe me, no one says they work for a "contract company", they love to say Kodak, Apple, Microsoft, etc. They are actually trained to say "I represent.....", getting around directly stating who they work for
2) Cindy claimed she has the time cards to prove it (time cards must be turned into employer in order to be paid. -CA, enough said. And even these companies do everything by computer now, no time cards.
3) Cindy claims to have check stubs - wouldn't she question a pay stub if it was from someone other than Uiversal-CA, again, where are the stubs? No, if KC did work for one of these off the books, there will be no trace.
4) Casey took the police to Universal to prove she worked there, not to a contract comapny KC is crazy, but why give up an FED charge, a company that paid her off the books?

All I'm saying is she had a source of income that we don't know about, obviously. If it was off the books or illegal, no company or person will step forward and say so.

Yeah, the illusive "picture of the nanny in the park with Casey and Caylee"...wonder whatever became of that one?

I just think it is important that we all realize that she was not working since she had Caylee...Perhaps it was more than she could manage, or she just felt that she deserved a free ride from her parents since she had given them a grandchild. EVERYTHING was provided for her has been made clear by George. Money was also handed to her left and right from mom and dad, AND she was stealing tons of money...and all for what? For Casey to run around like a 17 year old with no worries, concerns or cares in the world...everything provided free of charge and without obligations...I would bet her mom even cleaned her room (a thing that I insist my children do from about the age of 15 on their own...until then I provide assistance:))...My 11 year old son who is autistic seems to have more responsibilities than Casey-a grown mother of 22...How does THAT make any sense?

So where WAS she going while Lauren and the Grunds and Jesse were babysitting? and what did she do with Caylee ALL THAT TIME after these good people stopped helping her while her mom was at work? I am sure that George took care of Caylee some of that time, as it appears he was out of work up until he started a new job the day they "caught" Casey...

If I had to guess... I'd think Casey wasted lots of time hanging out at malls & maybe the beaches or parks until her friends were done with school or work.

IMO, I don't think Cindy or George were really able to get Casey to shape up & were probably tired of fighting about it all the time.

Their worst mistake was NOT hiring a full time nanny for Caylee & being SURE the child was being taken care of when they were at work. If they had only admitted the SAD TRUTH.... that Casey was totally irresponsible & incapable of taking care of even herself, let along a baby.... they could have 'saved' their family.

Looking back, they should have taken over TOTAL control of Caylee without even confronting Casey..... Casey would have been quite happy to find out she didn't even have to look at the baby anymore. Without the fighting over responsibility, Casey wouldn't have needed to use her as pawn to hurt her family. She could have moved out like she wanted to & would have ended up dead or in jail OR she might have even grown up eventually, who knows.... but Caylee would have been safe.

Casey is totally unreasonable... how can parents have even close to a reasonable conversation with such a child?

My guess? Trolling for guys

IIRC the FBI agent told Cindy that they know that KC has not been employed for at least 18 months (?) anywhere.

Innocent parents do not lie about where they work when their baby is missing.

LE isn't concerned about someone being paid under the table when they are looking for a missing baby. It just isn't important in the big scheme of things.

KC wasn't working anywhere I believe that fact has been established. If she is hiding some under the table work, then she is just plain stupid.

All I'm saying is she had a source of income that we don't know about, obviously. If it was off the books or illegal, no company or person will step forward and say so.[/quote]

Its not obvious at all - in fact to me its pretty apparent that she had
no income and desperately needed money . She was stealing gas for her car. Parents were picking up most other expenses
why no gas money ? Why steal to buy a hundred dollars worth
of inexpensive clothes and accessories from a friend who would have let you mooch much more over the long haul ?

Oh I absolutely agree in the last 6-12 months, she was stealing like crazy. I just think she had something going on for a while after Caylee was born, but before the middle of 2007 or so.

I definitely could be wrong, but something just feels like she had some source or income for a while, that fell through and helped start this spiral of doom.

I cannot recall who -

Didn't someone work for an ABC Distributing company or something? I have looked and looked and can't find where I read it - search doesn't find it either...

Also, who is Kiomarie and where did they work?

TIA!!!
:)

Regarding GA's employment as a Deputy years ago... may I just say that I am so sincerely glad that this man is no longer with badge & gun "protecting & serving". With some of his boyish comments to LE & FBI regarding how he'd investigate, etc., the whole family's apparent lack of trust in LE and complete lack of understanding on how "they" work and operate, his childlike hope that an email scam could bring him millions, coupled with the fact that Casey and ALL of her mess went on right under his "trained" and "experienced" nose and he participated in allowing it to come to be.... who needs his kind of protection & service?! His keen LE skills didn't serve nor protect his own granddaughter. I dare say outright that he wasn't cut out for LE - someone who is doesn't drop it because his wife feels a car dealership will make him more money and even if he did leave it... those skills, dedication and drive stay with you and it is apparent in your lifestyle. The old saying "once a cop, always a cop" comes to mind. If GA had that passion within him this mess may never have ocurred.

JMO

Regarding GA's employment as a Deputy years ago... may I just say that I am so sincerely glad that this man is no longer with badge & gun "protecting & serving". With some of his boyish comments to LE & FBI regarding how he'd investigate, etc., the whole family's apparent lack of trust in LE and complete lack of understanding on how "they" work and operate, his childlike hope that an email scam could bring him millions, coupled with the fact that Casey and ALL of her mess went on right under his "trained" and "experienced" nose and he participated in allowing it to come to be.... who needs his kind of protection & service?! His keen LE skills didn't serve nor protect his own granddaughter. I dare say outright that he wasn't cut out for LE - someone who is doesn't drop it because his wife feels a car dealership will make him more money and even if he did leave it... those skills, dedication and drive stay with you and it is apparent in your lifestyle. The old saying "once a cop, always a cop" comes to mind. If GA had that passion within him this mess may never have ocurred.

JMO

He is still a security guard contracted to Disney....he still "protects and serves" in a different way. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member