The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, it is an angle well worth pursuing as it is likely that the SK wants to see his work memorialized in some visual way or other "artistic" fashion and, in his mind, published for all the world to see.

ya i took a good look at that guy as well on redditt he says he had been a mod for 5 years over on that site .After he says he is to go in for an interview and he is clearing out his **** as we speak but then they removed him and banned him..

I think it is an angle worth pursuing, and I also saw a resemblance to the drawings and some of the victims/possible victims. I find it very interesting mr. "misogny" got banned from the site about the time SG was found. After some additional research, he has carved out a niche for himself on the web by having people submit photo's and then he "draws" them in a bloody and victimized state. Geesshhh!!! Guess I know what to get those 'hard to shop for relatives' next year at Christmas! :innocent:

I think it is an angle worth pursuing, and I also saw a resemblance to the drawings and some of the victims/possible victims. I find it very interesting mr. "misogny" got banned from the site about the time SG was found. After some additional research, he has carved out a niche for himself on the web by having people submit photo's and then he "draws" them in a bloody and victimized state. Geesshhh!!! Guess I know what to get those 'hard to shop for relatives' next year at Christmas! :innocent:

Thanks Reannan, I don't think the artwork on Reddit is the same as the mural in the tunnel to the beach. However the way the tree was painted on one mural had a similar feeling with the dark and wide outline strokes as that on the faces at Reddit.

Here is the mural that blew us all away last May, for those who haven't studied it yet. I think it is one of five in the set inside that tunnel. Is that correct locals? Simply amazing after all that we have learned about the case:

picture-4.jpg

I don't think he is the perp either. Just for the record this is what was going through my head:

1. If I'm not mistaken, people in this forum were speculating on the possibility of there being a “tip” that was communicated by someone to LE that initiated the final search for Shannan Gilbert in December. The person from the Reddit forum alleged that he had an encounter with LE at the end of November. I was speculating on the Possibility that the “tip” might of come from that person.

2. What prompted me to search in that sub-Reddit forum for possible signs of the Long Island perp, was the possibility that the perp might search out like minded people with whom he might communicate, exchange photos and other media.

3.When I stumbled onto the two images I mentioned, I thought that one of the person's depicted in one image resembled one of the identified victims. The second image, depicted a person that I thought resembled one of the Possible victims.

4. What I thought Might have occurred was that the Long Island perp submitted the two photos to the member of the sub-Reddit for him to work his, ahem, “artistic” magic on and publish on the forum.

5. Another possibility I was entertaining was that the Long Island perp had been in regular communication with the sub-forum member and other members and maybe let some of the details of his crimes slip.

I was hoping to get opinions from all of you as to whether or not you thought there was a resemblance. I was also hoping for opinions as to whether or not this angle was worth pursuing at all.

Got it. Why not pursue it? I don't think what you suggested is entirely far fetched. I would think that a SK would be highly interested in a site like that. And some of the screen names of people who go there would suggest that they see themselves, perhaps, as murderers of women, if only in some sort of fantasy world.

For what it's worth, when I posted the info about the mural in May, I did so only because it was an eerie coincidence, not because I thought this was our guy. That's why I posted it in the "weird gilgo" thread, and not in one of the main threads.

I never thought the artist might be our guy. Just want to make that clear, as it IS unfair to drag anyone and everyone through the mud. The artist makes his work public, so in my opinion, that's fair game. His personal life, on the other hand, is off limits, as far as I'm concerned.

But that's just me.

For what it's worth, when I posted the info about the mural in May, I did so only because it was an eerie coincidence, not because I thought this was our guy. That's why I posted it in the "weird gilgo" thread, and not in one of the main threads.

I never thought the artist might be our guy. Just want to make that clear, as it IS unfair to drag anyone and everyone through the mud. The artist makes his work public, so in my opinion, that's fair game. His personal life, on the other hand, is off limits, as far as I'm concerned.

But that's just me.

Still, freaks might be drawn to PB's eery renditions and the SK may have actually associated with him in some manner or fashion. Same with the guy at Reddit...I haven't looked at his work (don't want to get hacked or tracked) but from Dwntwnslim's summary it sounds like Reddit guy and PB have similar bios and enjoy similar artistic/genre styles...

Sitting for an Artist or photographer would be the perfect setting for putting a woman in a vulnerable position. There would probably be privacy and/or a studio space. When I think of the SK strangling the women, I can't help but think that he poses them or asks them to do something that requires them to look downward. I keep thinking of the woman whose toenails were partially painted. I think when a woman is painting her toenails that she would be in a vulnerable position. (EEK...been avoiding saying that but then I think of the missing feet, the barefooted women in AC and the woman in AC and the odd guy with the interest in her shoes, etc. etc.)

My friend who lives on the block cannot get any information besides what I posted on here. It's very strange that nothing is surfacing.

I just shot him over a text. I'll post if any new info is circulating.

Anyone ever think about the Bethpage State Parkway? That place has no cars on it at night and no street lights....It's always been a bit creepy driving on that at night.

Maybe it was a suicide?

That would explain people saying it was "gruesome", the police presence and the fact that it was never on the news.

Maybe it was a suicide?

That would explain people saying it was "gruesome", the police presence and the fact that it was never on the news.

I spent hours researching the radio host. He has family in every single area where the GB4 were either last seen or reported missing. He can be found speaking of this wife being ill as far back as 2003 and then again in 2009 reporting that she did not have cancer...Was it all a rouse to the internet followers and radio listeners? He was all over the place in his areas of interest and of all the topics, he seemed to cover Islam more than other subjects...in addition, his church received federal funding because of his outspoken beliefs on Islam.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...6-2009-total-millions-article-1.965634?pgno=1

"Some of the questionable grants include:

Grace Reformed Baptist Church, Long Island

Since 2008, this small Merrick, L.I., church has received two grants worth nearly $150,000 for security cameras and other equipment, documents show.

The church argued it was a target because one of its members hosted a five-day-a-week Christian radio show during which Islamic extremism was discussed."

Whatever the case he is a strange one and it is odd that I found no Death Notice or Obituary for his wife. It has now been over three weeks.

I spent hours researching the radio host. He has family in every single area where the GB4 were either last seen or reported missing. He can be found speaking of this wife being ill as far back as 2003 and then again in 2009 reporting that she did not have cancer...Was it all a rouse to the internet followers and radio listeners? He was all over the place in his areas of interest and of all the topics, he seemed to cover Islam more than other subjects...in addition, his church received federal funding because of his outspoken beliefs on Islam.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...6-2009-total-millions-article-1.965634?pgno=1

"Some of the questionable grants include:

Grace Reformed Baptist Church, Long Island

Since 2008, this small Merrick, L.I., church has received two grants worth nearly $150,000 for security cameras and other equipment, documents show.

The church argued it was a target because one of its members hosted a five-day-a-week Christian radio show during which Islamic extremism was discussed."

Whatever the case he is a strange one and it is odd that I found no Death Notice or Obituary for his wife. It has now been over three weeks.

Even more strange that someone a few houses away can't get any info as to what happened. From LE and even LE that live on the block. All he was told is the body has been there for weeks maybe months. The room they found her locked in was full of feces, like she was locked in there for months. The guy is really strange, to top it off....Looks like he has a son that is trying to make a career in writing horror movies.

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to WS and first off, want to say I think you guys are doing a great job. Well done! Anyway, I know this has been brought up before, but I think a huge clue to figuring out what exactly happened and by whom, all we need to establish (and I'm sure it's already been done) is who erased the video from that night. That person has to be involved. It's quite obvious.

Over on the LISK site flukeyou argues this point. Now I know you have to take what a lot of the posters have to say with a grain of salt. But he seems to know information about OB residents personally. Some have an idea of his identity. Regardless, I think the case can take a huge leap forward if LE can get wiretap warrants on the main 3 OB residents.

Now mind you, this has to do with the murder (IMO) of Shannan Gilbert and possibly the rest.

Another issue I'm having trouble with is the calls to the victims sister by the LISK. It was stated that after the 3rd call (I think the 3rd not 100% sure. Have to look back) LE was ready and waiting. If they were able to pinpoint an area such as Times Square during the actual phone call, then it must have been recorded. There's really no question about that. So why is LE sitting on it? Don't you think if it was released someone would recognize the voice? What would be the reason to suppress it?
Sorry for asking so many question. It just frustrates me to no end when I think mistakes are being made by people that I feel are supposed to be smarter and have more experience than me!

Even more strange that someone a few houses away can't get any info as to what happened. From LE and even LE that live on the block. All he was told is the body has been there for weeks maybe months. The room they found her locked in was full of feces, like she was locked in there for months. The guy is really strange, to top it off....Looks like he has a son that is trying to make a career in writing horror movies.

Pickle, are we fairly certain that this guy is the radio show host? If so, was the radio show host thinner in 2002, perhaps hadn't developed his radio voice, his public speaking persona/stage presence and was he, perhaps, a gay atheist supporter before sinking his teeth into the Reformed Baptist Movement? I tell you what, if that is him in 2002 then I have some very serious questions for LE. I have uncovered a ch!tload of interesting facts and possibly some bizarre contradictions.

One thing I am certain of, if this guy is the radio host, he is also a close acquaintance to a retired Suffolk County Homicide Detective turned Reformed Baptist Pastor.

Still, freaks might be drawn to PB's eery renditions and the SK may have actually associated with him in some manner or fashion. Same with the guy at Reddit...I haven't looked at his work (don't want to get hacked or tracked) but from Dwntwnslim's summary it sounds like Reddit guy and PB have similar bios and enjoy similar artistic/genre styles...

Just to be clear, I don't know that the mural artist(s) have a similar bio(s) as the person from the sub-Reddit forum, nor have I seen any evidence of them having similar bios.

The similarities that I noted were the use of a paint program to render similar results in the sub-Reddit images and the mural. According to one of the mural artist's website, the results were achieved using photoshop. The person from the sub-Reddit forum used a Different paint program.

For the record, I do Not think any of the artists involved with the Gilgo Beach mural are the perp.

http://www.bragino.com/archives/224

Another issue I'm having trouble with is the calls to the victims sister by the LISK. It was stated that after the 3rd call (I think the 3rd not 100% sure. Have to look back) LE was ready and waiting. If they were able to pinpoint an area such as Times Square during the actual phone call, then it must have been recorded. There's really no question about that. So why is LE sitting on it? Don't you think if it was released someone would recognize the voice? What would be the reason to suppress it?
Sorry for asking so many question. It just frustrates me to no end when I think mistakes are being made by people that I feel are supposed to be smarter and have more experience than me!

One of the possibilities I have been mulling is that the perp Might have used voice changing software. It is possible to change one's voice, for phone use, in real time.

Could that be why LE has not done a voice line-up and/or submitted anything possibly recorded to the public?

I thought about that too, but when they traced the call it was coming from Times Square. I can't see the killer using any voice changing software out in a crowded area. He would stick out a bit too much. IMO.

I thought about that too, but when they traced the call it was coming from Times Square. I can't see the killer using any voice changing software out in a crowded area. He would stick out a bit too much. IMO.

Maybe the software was downloaded into the phone itself? There are also websites that offer voice changing services. All you have to do is contact the website and they will put the call through for you, in real time.

Also, the voice of the person who is making the call will not sound altered to someone who might be listening nearby. The change would occur within the phone.

Although voice line ups are used as evidence, their validity is somewhat arguable. They are not going to get a conviction on that alone, the recordings will still be used in the trial im sure.

Pickle, are we fairly certain that this guy is the radio show host? If so, was the radio show host thinner in 2002, perhaps hadn't developed his radio voice, his public speaking persona/stage presence and was he, perhaps, a gay atheist supporter before sinking his teeth into the Reformed Baptist Movement? I tell you what, if that is him in 2002 then I have some very serious questions for LE. I have uncovered a ch!tload of interesting facts and possibly some bizarre contradictions.

One thing I am certain of, if this guy is the radio host, he is also a close acquaintance to a retired Suffolk County Homicide Detective turned Reformed Baptist Pastor.

100% he is the radio host we discussed a few weeks ago. I'm not certain of him in 2002 being thin as my friend wasn't living on his block back then. Can you PM me some of the weird stuff you found? It may not be related to this case but it is very strange... I don't get the hush hush about what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734