The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was someone who was clearly a danger to society allowed to roam free? She tried to kill her son for gods sake. Why did it have to take an actual murder to get her off the streets? Her attorney will argue thats shes sick. He will recommend hospital time. Then what? They will send her home with a script.

Sarra did commit a murder. She killed her poor dog. Then she tried to kill her son. There was no controlling her. Where was the DAs and judges heads when they allowed her to be released on bail?Up their azzes. Thats where.

I always wondered how Dr. Hachett got Shannon's mother's number to call her that night. Her phone was found with her so its not like he stole her phone. Others blogs are speculating that this sister may have killed Shannon also.

Mari lost custody of Shannon and Sarra and never regained it so they spent their childhood going through the foster system.

This is from an old Newsday article;

Born in Lancaster, Pa., on Oct. 24, 1986, the oldest of four sisters, Gilbert was a toddler when her mother, Mari Gilbert, left her father and settled the family in upstate Ellenville, at the eastern base of the Catskills, according to a sister, Sherre Gilbert.

Mari briefly lost custody of all her daughters and never regained custody of Shannan, said her sister, Sarra Gilbert. The constantly changing homes apparently took a toll on Shannan.

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/gilbert-vanishing-reaches-one-year-mark-1.2849214

No one here is theorizing that Sarra killed Shannan. anyone who knows even the most basic aspects of the case knows thats not even in a remote possibility. I will say, and for the record I believe Shannan was murdered, it does make you think twice about whether Shannan was just going crazy and no one was after her, and I HATE to admit that

No one here is theorizing that Sarra killed Shannan. anyone who knows even the most basic aspects of the case knows thats not even in a remote possibility. I will say, and for the record I believe Shannan was murdered, it does make you think twice about whether Shannan was just going crazy and no one was after her, and I HATE to admit that

Shannan was most CERTAINLY NOT going crazy. YES there were people trying to kill her. She was killed. It's a homicide.
She was placed in the marsh.

Here is a link from a presser about the killer of Shannan.

http://launch.newsinc.com/share.html?trackingGroup=69017&siteSection=ndn&videoId=31184859

RE: John Ray - "There is strong evidence that Dr. C. Peter Hackett took Shannan Gilbert under this control on May 1, 2010 into his home, medicated her and then left her to die in the marsh behind his home. Suffolk County Police and the County itself have vigorously fought the release of Shannan's 9-1-1 call. The family believes what's on that call holds the key to solving the whole puzzle of who killed Shannan and ultimately all the girls in the Long Island Serial Killer case."

So why don't you release the call coppers? eh?

Shannan was most CERTAINLY NOT going crazy. YES there were people trying to kill her. She was killed. It's a homicide.

http://launch.newsinc.com/share.html?trackingGroup=69017&siteSection=ndn&videoId=31184859

RE: John Ray - "There is strong evidence that Dr. C. Peter Hackett took Shannan Gilbert under this control on May 1, 2010 into his home, medicated her and then left her to die in the marsh behind his home. Suffolk County Police and the County itself have vigorously fought the release of Shannan's 9-1-1 call. The family believes what's on that call holds the key to solving the whole puzzle of who killed Shannan and ultimately all the girls in the Long Island Serial Killer case."

So why don't you release the call coppers? eh?

Exactly, because whoever was after her caught up to her and killed her. Was it ever answered how the Dr. got Shannon's mother's number?

If he called the mother, did the family go out to help her that night?

Exactly, because whoever was after her caught up to her and killed her. BINGO

Was it ever answered how the Dr. got Shannon's mother's number? If you ask the doc - he lied about a lot of things, first of all denying he EVER called Mari.
As I've said before and will say again, something happened exactly 2 or 3 minutes before the good doc called Mari and it freaked him out so bad, he called Mari
with the lies he was lying about. He called at 1:42 on May 3, 2010.

If he called the mother, did the family go out to help her that night?
They went very shortly after the call.[

MODNOTE: Please do not reply within a quote. When it gets re-quoted, it appears as though the original poster was making your comments instead of you.

Did he know Shannon prior to have her mother's phone #? She could have been running from her family. Because she took off after the Dr called and let them know where she was:

“Dr. Hackett told Mari Gilbert that he ran a home for wayward girls, and that Shannan was in his treatment,”

TKMB, Something did happen before CPH called Mari. She said Hacket seemed more concerned about himself than Shannan in that phone call.

Threelittlebirdies, Shannan was not running from her family. Hackett called Mari and said Shannan was there and left with her driver.

Hackett claims he got Mari's # from Shannan's friends when they came to OB looking for her. Mari asked Hackett where he got her #? He said all guest have to leave him a contact #.

John Ray told 12 news Long Island that Sarra Gilbert has schizophernia. She has been in and out of mental facilities for years. She was arrested for killing her puppy. She recently bought a knife and took her 8 yr old son into the woods "to put him to death". She was stopped. Mari took custody of Sarras son.

This is actually a VERY interesting idea. Schizophrenia tends to run in families. I have a friend who has several family members who suffer from it. Along with being schizophrenic comes paranoia. Maybe Shannan was having a physcotic episode on the night she disappeared. It could've been triggered by drugs that she took. Maybe that's why she thought "they" were trying to kill her. Does anyone know anything about Shannan's history. It really seems to fit along with her bizarre and erratic behavior and it would explain why she was running away and why she would've ran into the marsh that night.

This is actually a VERY interesting idea. Schizophrenia tends to run in families. I have a friend who has several family members who suffer from it. Along with being schizophrenic comes paranoia. Maybe Shannan was having a physcotic episode on the night she disappeared. It could've been triggered by drugs that she took. Maybe that's why she thought "they" were trying to kill her. Does anyone know anything about Shannan's history. It really seems to fit along with her bizarre and erratic behavior and it would explain why she was running away and why she would've ran into the marsh that night.

Shannan was killed.

It's a homicide.

http://launch.newsinc.com/share.html...deoId=31184859

So why don't the coppers release the call, eh?

TKMB, Something did happen before CPH called Mari. She said Hacket seemed more concerned about himself than Shannan in that phone call.
Did Mari know Dr. Hackett prior to Shannon banging on his door in the middle of the night? I can never get that question answered because it was never addressed on how some seeminly stranger knew how to contact Shannons mother and her name after meeting her for 5 minutes.

The only explanation I can think of as to how Dr, Hackett knew who Shannon's mother was and how to contact her in the middle of the night is that they knew each other prior to this incident.

If I have missed something about this detail that haunts me, please help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru