The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When she actually pronounces the sentence she will toss the conflicting charges. I think he could be sentenced for malice murder and CC1/felony murder would merge into it. I do not think he can be sentenced for malice murder and CC2/felony murder because his actions can't be both deliberate and negligent at the same time.

I don't THINK the conflicting convictions is necessarily grounds for new trial but I am unsure. I will look up some caselaw - I do remember coming across this issue when I was reading the cases in the past.

Thanks.

I just see Vinnie and his team. Their discussion is very interesting actually - about the defense lawyers talking to the jurors about possible misconduct or issues for appeal

They said they will go to it when it happens- they had the shot up for a while showing where it will be (microphones all set up etc)

HLN has also said they will show it live (on my tv not sure about online)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't hear any of the analysts talking about the conflicting negligence/malice convictions

Jury finds Justin Ross Harris guilty of murder in son's hot car death
Faces potential sentence of life in prison

By MAYRA CUEVAS , CNN

Posted: 3:11 PM, November 14, 2016
Updated: 3:37 PM, November 14, 2016

BRUNSWICK, Georgia (CNN) - A jury in Georgia on Monday found Justin Ross Harris guilty of murder in the 2014 death of his 22-month-old son, Cooper.

Harris, 35, was accused of intentionally locking Cooper inside a hot car for seven hours. On that same day, Harris was sexting with six women, including one minor, according to phone records.

In addition to three counts of murder, Harris was found guilty of two counts of cruelty to children related to Cooper's death, and guilty of three counts relating to his electronic exchanges of lewd material with two underage girls.

The Glynn County jury of six men and six women deliberated for 21 hours over the course of four days.
Jurors considered the testimony of 70 witnesses and 1,150 pieces of evidence, including the Hyundai Tucson in which Cooper died in a suburban Atlanta parking lot.

Harris showed little reaction as the verdict was read in court...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...harris-guilty-of-murder-in-sons-hot-car-death

Haha like hearing vinnie talk about the defense witness- memory expert. Looks like they agree with many here that he helped the prosecution.

I wonder if he showed little emotion because plans for an appeal are already in place. He has some hope within him for something to be overturned.

What's the thoughts here about the case for appeal?

I think she gives the max. IMO you don't stay on the bench in Georgia for 30 years without being tough

She is tough, I've been reading up on her past few years.

He is gone for good.

At last, Justice for little Cooper. The jury got it right.

It seems that a lot of guilty defendants don't react when the verdict is announced. I wonder if you go into some sort of shock when you hear the word Guilty...

Kilgore does appeals.

Kilgore must really believe in RH's innocence to take on RH's appeals as well. No matter his practice specialty, he's certainly not obligated to continue representing RH.

And, maybe he thinks the chances are at least fair he can win a new trial for RH....

On HLN now - district attorney Reynolds

I wonder if he showed little emotion because plans for an appeal are already in place. He has some hope within him for something to be overturn.

What's the thoughts here about the case for appeal?

To be honest I think he knew he was going to jail for the underage girl charges. So his lack of reaction might be due to that. I think the enormity of the verdicts are going to hit him soon though.

[video=twitter;798275708950872064]https://twitter.com/MissVWaters/status/798275708950872064[/video]

To be honest I think he knew he was going to jail for the underage girl charges. So his lack of reaction might be due to that. I think the enormity of the verdicts are going to hit him soon though.

Yes, that is the feeling I got too. I agree that he knew some guilty charges were coming. The first one was the one everyone was waiting for. Bam, then it was like dominos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties