The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankful we have days ahead (Dec 5) to get back to our real life.

Oh wow. Just read the news. The judge is going to have to amend something before or after sentencing because of the conflicting mental states in some of the charges (criminal negligence vs malice)

Still curious and will always be with no sequestered high profile jurys, if they heed to the Judges orders. Especially ones that have been live streamed and archived. JMHO

so glad this is over. I am happy with the verdict.. it was how I thought.. I wasn't sure of malice, or I was, but didn't know if it was legally sure enough. Thanks for all posters, special thanks to all people that I have had chance to talk to in the chat. This goes to however you have thought about the case and think about the verdict. Cooper isn't coming back, I'm emotional...this gives me peace about this case and I can remember him in another way now. It's late here but I'm trying to stay awake for the presser.

What do the defense and state lawyer want to talk to the jurors about? I can see them saying thank you, but it sounded like the defense really wanted to put the jurors on the stand....since they wanted them to come back tomorrow and spend the morning. I think that is asking way to much. These people do have to get back to a job and this would be on their own time.

Can anyone explain this? Thanks

Guilty on all counts like I predicted.

And you were right. I thought it was going to be a hung jury. Why did you think it was going to be guilty on all charges?

Is there a link for the upcoming presser?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Oh wow. Just read the news. The judge is going to have to amend something before or after sentencing because of the conflicting mental states in some of the charges (criminal negligence vs malice)

How does she do that after the fact? She said the verdict was in order, never mind that malice and criminal negligence are contradictory findings.

What do the defense and state lawyer want to talk to the jurors about? I can see them saying thank you, but it sounded like the defense really wanted to put the jurors on the stand....since they wanted them to come back tomorrow and spend the morning. I think that is asking way to much. These people do have to get back to a job and this would be on their own time.

Can anyone explain this? Thanks

Talking with the jurors can help lawyers know what worked when they were presenting their case and what didn't work.

WOW. I know when she asked Def said something like not with the jurors..

How does she do that after the fact? She said the verdict was in order, never mind that malice and criminal negligence are contradictory findings.

Could it be malice when he shut the car door and neglect when he didn't go back to save Cooper?

IDK.

Yeah, I'm confused on that. How can he be guilty of both malice murder and neglect charges? Especially when thinking of intent vs no intent required.

Maybe I'm shocked that they came to a guilty agreement on all charges and not thinking straight...but it doesn't make sense to me.

(I thought him guilty of malice murder, but did not think there was enough evidence for a jury. Still surprised about that one.)

[video=twitter;798270144862515200]https://twitter.com/courtchatter/status/798270144862515200[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties