The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about this. She's still open to sleuth according to the stickies at the top of this forum. Once she was listed as a suspect a mod made a post about it and it's up at the top (I can't seem to copy and paste it with my phone I hold my finger down like I would to copy and there's no copy option??).

Anyway just jumping off your post as I was thinking about this the other day.

EDIT:
Okay figured out how to copy it LOL. This is what it says. Like I said I was thinking about this the other day because I remember when this happened, but was wondering if it ever changed:

"Mom is no longer considered a victim for Websleuths purposes. She can be discussed in the context of what she has said in the media and in the warrants and the information that came out in court at the Probable Cause/Bond Hearing.

As far as sleuthing mom, the door is now open.

Please post accordingly.

Salem"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. So I guess all this gravestone talk is acceptable.

I'll refrain from further comment.

That stickie is two years old- maybe things have changed not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A picture and exact location is on Find A Grave, anyone who wants to go can see exactly where he's at. It's near a distinct looking tree for goodness sake.

I can't imagine, absolutely cannot imagine. My parents lost their first child when she was 2 months old (never met her) after heart surgery. That was 45 years ago.

My mother can barely walk, but still visits her gravesite, sits in the grass and caresses every groove in her headstone, cleans off the dirt and dust, pulls the errant weeds away. It guts me to think that he has nothing to commemorate his life. No headstone, urn, nothing.

Why would LH care if other people come by to pay their respects and give and moment of their time to show that her sons life mattered, and compels them to remember him in some small way? Show some love or sorrow?

Nope. Nope. Nope. Waiting and watching to see a Go Fund Me pop up any day now. She makes me sick.

Even if she wanted a pricey marker she could put a less expensive temporary one there until she got the funds. A quick google of child grave marker finds a black granite, engraved and optional pic feature for $65

Sorry about your sister ED

Even if she wanted a pricey marker she could put a less expensive temporary one there until she got the funds. A quick google of child grave marker finds a black granite, engraved and optional pic feature for $65

Couple tanks of gas money...

Couple tanks of gas money...

True. I do think it's fair to comment on her post after the verdict and a public statement by her lawyer. JMO

I agree with you. I think she wore the pants in the family (Ross's pants were usually around his ankles anyway). I think she controlled him, his schedule, the money, Coopers routine...everything she could. And that's fine. Households work in many different ways...but I think Ross grew sick of it. I think his resentment grew until finally he looked for a way out. No coincidence IMO that Cooper died in the exact way that was Leanna's "greatest fear". The one she nagged him about, sent him articles about.

perhaps she had become the mother of him too not just Cooper probably due to his spending habits, failure to grow up, memory problems, childish behavor in general , I wouldnt be surprised in the least plus finding out he was watching *advertiser censored* didnt help either, I would nag him too with an iron skillet if I could get him to hold still long enough

perhaps she had become the mother of him too not just Cooper probably due to his spending habits, failure to grow up, memory problems, childish behavor in general , I wouldnt be surprised in the least plus finding out he was watching *advertiser censored* didnt help either, I would nag him too with an iron skillet if I could get him to hold still long enough

I think she did turn into a mother figure to him. I'm sure her finding out about the *advertiser censored* and texts asking a female for a provocative pic turned it up another notch. Plus the sexual problems could cause insecurity. Insecure people often try to control JMO.

my nephew died of SIDS at 6 months and 5 days old in 1994, at that time in Dallas the funeral was not that expensive around 1500, we thought they must not rip off a parent like they do with the rest of the population. I do not know about the headstone but at least the funeral was not like some I have seen such as 15K

Thank you TexMex - All I never knew of her, is the large shadow that she cast; even after she was long gone.

EVERYONE deserves to be remembered, even the bad ones.

I do like to go to graveyards, look at family plots, dates of death, inscriptions. Try to figure out what disease may have killed 10 people of the same family within the same month. It's a great time for self reflection, what do I want to leave behind?

My favorite headstone quote that chilled me to the bone was on a headstone from the 1850's, it read this:

"Remember friend, as you pass by
As you are now, so once was I
As I am now, so you will be
Prepare for death and follow me"

I had some serious emotions on that one! Someone who died 150 years ago spoke to my soul that day.

If he was found not guilty would he still finally decide to grieve the child he killed? I think if RH said this he was really meaning he would be grieving his loss of a sordid sex life he thought he was going back to.
Well he will probably still have a sordid sex life... *cough cough* just not the one he imagined.
Then again there are those groupies who love to write to killers. I guess it could be considered sexting? Just the snail mail version.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

[video]https://youtu.be/v9f3D1MsBmI?t=13232[/video]

And this is why I came here to WS. Too many tears tonight. Rest in peace, sweet Cooper!

ETA - I cannot figure out to embed the actual video into WS (I have used the insert video button). Sorry.

BBM - Well I am going to answer (even if you refrain) because I posted the original statement by her lawyer.

#1 - To me it was a bit unseemly to toss that bit of information out there - a very thinly veiled attempt to get others to do what she should and could have done - put a marker on her dead child's grave.

#2 - She was a suspect at the beginning due in part due to her strange behavior and statements -up to and including the things she said at Cooper's funeral. So, to me, this is a continuation of abnormal behavior. Most of us have family or friends who have a deceased child. Do *any* of them leave them in an unmarked grave?

#3 - Although the jury was not made aware of the insurance $, we all know about it and that is traditionally used for funeral expenses - *including* a grave marker. It seems out of $27,000 a couple of thousand (or even less) could be spared for this important memorial to their son.

#4 - The whole statement just rubbed me the wrong way - I'm sorry - I obviously do not click with her and find her demeanor and statements (even those that have been crafted over time) to be insincere and lacking something.

#5 - When she made some of those unusual statements about not bringing Cooper back if she could, someone opined that it was a "southern religious" idea that they had heard often at funerals. I'm not so sure about that but I am pretty sure (having lived my entire life in Ga. and Ala.) that putting a marker on a loved one's grave IS a southern tradition - religious or not - so if she was so shaped by her geography and southern culture about one point - why not the other?

I am glad that the jury thought him guilty as well.
I will never understand, or relate to any person who takes a human life.
However, that does not blind me to the fact that around the world, it happens daily.

I also will never understand how anyone (mostly males) let sex, completely take over their lives.
Yes, I agree with the jury.
I'm so sorry Cooper. You died a most terrible death because your father would rather a different life.

I hope the court system gives Harris the maximum sentence.

JerseyGirl said:
snipped by me...
Other than that, there's is my little Slovenia friend, aka Angelika Graswald, who is accused of killing her fiance Vincent Viafore in a kayaking "accident" on the Hudson River. I dunno, I think that little girl is innocent, albeit her interrogation video is a hot mess and there was talk of some sloppy investigation, but I am probably the only person here following that case.
No, you are not the only one following this one - I am too! :)

Going to follow the McStay trial, Sierra LaMar (supposed to start 1/3/17), and looking for others to follow.

Oh - I just found Sherri Papini jdj125 - will follow that one. Can't believe there are so many threads already on that one.

Hmm...interesting thought I had from your post about your mom not being used to driving around with a newborn. It seems to me that most cases of FBS I've heard about involve toddlers / older babies. If this is so involuntary and cause by some change to the routine, I wonder why new parents aren't forgetting their weeks old babies in the car.

Sometimes it has been very young babies that have died. But I don't think people usually take their newborns to daycare. Lots of parents stay out of work until 6 or 8 weeks. Many have grandparents watch 2 or 3 month olds. By the time a baby is 4 m, 5 or 6 months old, they may begin routine day care. Most daycares don't take newborns.

here is a 7 month old:
http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2016/09/father_left_infant_in_car.html
The FBI has taken the lead in investigating the death of a 7-month-old infant found after being left in a car through the workday Wednesday at Marshall Space Flight Center, officials said.

"What we do know is the gentleman was on his way to work, intended to go by our day care center, and apparently went straight to work and the child was left in the car," Marshall official Johnny Stephenson said Thursday morning. "The child passed away."

I agree it was routine for him so not much chance he would just forget one morning.

I think the poster was saying that yes, it can be accidental, a true case of forgetting a child is with you. She wasn't saying there is any chance RH forgot. IMO.

Yes. That is what I was trying to say. For my mom is was not routine to have our youngest baby along for the ride. Sometimes she took her if she was colicky and needed to sleep in the car. But it was unusual so she was PROACTIVE about it and made sure she had a way to remember.

My son was only in preschool from 9 to 12, so often my mom would just go do errands and stop for brunch while waiting for him. She didn't want to do that with the 2nd baby in the car seat.

So my main point was that we did something about it. My mom had the fear because she saw a news report about a grandmother who made that deadly mistake. Did we just talk about it and then DO NOTHING to prevent it? NO. And that is one of the things that baffles me about The Harris's.

There are so many ways to try and prevent it. :sigh:

A picture and exact location is on Find A Grave, anyone who wants to go can see exactly where he's at. It's near a distinct looking tree for goodness sake.

I can't imagine, absolutely cannot imagine. My parents lost their first child when she was 2 months old (never met her) after heart surgery. That was 45 years ago.

My mother can barely walk, but still visits her gravesite, sits in the grass and caresses every groove in her headstone, cleans off the dirt and dust, pulls the errant weeds away. It guts me to think that he has nothing to commemorate his life. No headstone, urn, nothing.

Why would LH care if other people come by to pay their respects and give and moment of their time to show that her sons life mattered, and compels them to remember him in some small way? Show some love or sorrow?

Nope. Nope. Nope. Waiting and watching to see a Go Fund Me pop up any day now. She makes me sick.
I can't find it on the find a grave site.
What am I doing wrong on there?
Cooper Harris - born in 2012 died in 2014 in Cobb County, Ga
correct?

My Daughter is 30 now, but I NEVER forgot she was with me. I was a single parent who was always told that I didn't' qualify for food stamps. There wasn't any other help that i recall... So I raised my daughter alone with no help! One time I left the car running with the heat on and when I went to get her out of the car, the car was locked with the heat running and my keys were in the car. Do you know what I went through to get Ashley out of the car????? These days I guess I would be forgiven and maybe the police that used a "jimmy stick' to break into my car would be in trouble.s The police helped me. They now say that they can't jimmy into a car legally..
They sure jimmied into my vehicle when my key fob refused to work anymore.
Actually they used something like a blood pressure cuff to get the door cracked enough to reach the unlock button.
Of course he was a friend of mine but they do carry the equipment around.
O/T sort of but..... anyone else have the issue with only having ONE key hole on the entire car? Only on the drivers side?
I never noticed it until THAT day. And for some reason the key wouldn't even work. It was a terrible experience but thankfully I didn't have a child in the car.
I would bust the window in a heartbeat if I needed to though! Windows can be replaced, lives can't. I'm so glad they were able to get yours unlocked!
These new cars are awful scary with all these new features. I personally do not like the key fob because at any given time the thing could go dead and those suckers cost like 450 to replace! I'd rather have keys personally.
We had a hellacious week at the beach this year. Drove my daughter's vehicle so we could all fit. Swear to God the 2nd night there, someone busted out our back window and 2 other vehicles too. Had to get it replaced while there! Then unknowingly, when they fixed the back window they messed up the key system somehow. Of course we had no clue until we came to the parking garage where we had ate and the minute the car was unlocked with the stupid key fob, the alarm goes off!!!
Couldn't get it to stop for ANYTHING. Had to get a freaking locksmith to come make us new keys and key fob...... meanwhile me and my daughter and grandbaby are stuck walking to the hotel 2 miles away late at night. Thankfully a sweet couple stopped to help us and the wife walked us back to the hotel (armed of course) and sat with us while we waited. She's a good friend now!
I think like two other things happened to the car while we were there too. I can't even remember! It was the trip from hell! LOL
Did I say I hate key fobs?
*gets off soapbox and ends rant* :laughing:

ETA: PLUS I love keys because I've always held them as a weapon as I walk to my car. Kinda hard to stab someone with a key fob!

Yes. That is what I was trying to say. For my mom is was not routine to have our youngest baby along for the ride. Sometimes she took her if she was colicky and needed to sleep in the car. But it was unusual so she was PROACTIVE about it and made sure she had a way to remember.

My son was only in preschool from 9 to 12, so often my mom would just go do errands and stop for brunch while waiting for him. She didn't want to do that with the 2nd baby in the car seat.

So my main point was that we did something about it. My mom had the fear because she saw a news report about a grandmother who made that deadly mistake. Did we just talk about it and then DO NOTHING to prevent it? NO. And that is one of the things that baffles me about The Harris's.

There are so many ways to try and prevent it. :sigh:
I love your idea with the bunny!
I'm going to spread that to my friends too! Smart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson