The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you TexMex - All I never knew of her, is the large shadow that she cast; even after she was long gone.

EVERYONE deserves to be remembered, even the bad ones.

I do like to go to graveyards, look at family plots, dates of death, inscriptions. Try to figure out what disease may have killed 10 people of the same family within the same month. It's a great time for self reflection, what do I want to leave behind?

My favorite headstone quote that chilled me to the bone was on a headstone from the 1850's, it read this:

"Remember friend, as you pass by
As you are now, so once was I
As I am now, so you will be
Prepare for death and follow me"

I had some serious emotions on that one! Someone who died 150 years ago spoke to my soul that day.
I'm the same way.
It is a time of reflection for me too.
It's so sad to see headstones of whole families wiped out from a disease. So many baby graves beside the parents from way back. It makes you appreciate what care we do have now. Back then there wasn't the antibiotics and medication and vaccines.
I couldn't imagine the grief those families endured. So many mama's dying VERY young too with 5-6 babies buried beside them. Heartbreaking. But even THOSE babies had headstones. So there was no excuse for her not to place a proper headstone on his grave.
I'm so sorry for your loss :(!

I can't find it on the find a grave site.
What am I doing wrong on there?
Cooper Harris - born in 2012 died in 2014 in Cobb County, Ga
correct?

If no one posts the photo of Cooper's grave soon, the image is on the last thread, Thread #2, several times. Use search on that thread's tool for "Cooper's grave" and that ought to do it,

BBM - Well I am going to answer (even if you refrain) because I posted the original statement by her lawyer.

#1 - To me it was a bit unseemly to toss that bit of information out there - a very thinly veiled attempt to get others to do what she should and could have done - put a marker on her dead child's grave.

#2 - She was a suspect at the beginning due in part due to her strange behavior and statements -up to and including the things she said at Cooper's funeral. So, to me, this is a continuation of abnormal behavior. Most of us have family or friends who have a deceased child. Do *any* of them leave them in an unmarked grave?

#3 - Although the jury was not made aware of the insurance $, we all know about it and that is traditionally used for funeral expenses - *including* a grave marker. It seems out of $27,000 a couple of thousand (or even less) could be spared for this important memorial to their son.

#4 - The whole statement just rubbed me the wrong way - I'm sorry - I obviously do not click with her and find her demeanor and statements (even those that have been crafted over time) to be insincere and lacking something.

#5 - When she made some of those unusual statements about not bringing Cooper back if she could, someone opined that it was a "southern religious" idea that they had heard often at funerals. I'm not so sure about that but I am pretty sure (having lived my entire life in Ga. and Ala.) that putting a marker on a loved one's grave IS a southern tradition - religious or not - so if she was so shaped by her geography and southern culture about one point - why not the other?
AMEN!
I'm from the deep south Georgia area. There are certain cemeteries that do not allow the upright headstones and slabs, however most do. My daddy passed 2 years ago and my poor mama has been trying her hardest to get his VA benefits he's owed so he can have a headstone and slab. It's all going towards that too. I will say though he, as well as my brother and my daddy's side of the family are buried in a very historical cemetery and it is completely white sand. Naturally occurring in the middle of a pine thicket. (They say at one time that was underwater and beach area although it's no where near a real beach. Beautiful to say the least BUT it takes longer for you to lay a slab and headstone due to the sand needing to settle much longer than normal. I remember when we went to visit my papa's grave almost 2 years after his death and you could literally see his vault he was in. There was a hole all the way down. My daughter FREAKED out. The graveyard is off the beaten path so no one would have known unless they had went out there. They had to come out and redo his grave. We couldn't go back home until my daughter SAW that it was fixed. We had to wait another year before laying the slab and headstone. My brother's was laid about a year and a half later. BUT this is a rare cemetery and the sand shifts a lot. So there was a reason we HAD to wait. SHE had NO REASON to not have that baby a headstone!!!
I was just watching her with him when she first talked to him in the interview room. DISGUSTED is not the word for it. She wasn't EVEN CRYING! She was too busy stroking his crotch basically and sweet talking him. WTH.
He would have been dead. I would have choked the life right out of him! "I don't hate you" WTH. He killed your son! :deepbreaths::deepbreaths::deepbreaths:
It would have took an army to get me off of him!
[video=youtube;lwbQuyHUx-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwbQuyHUx-A[/video]

If no one posts the photo of Cooper's grave soon, the image is on the last thread, Thread #2, several times. Use search on that thread's tool for "Cooper's grave" and that ought to do it,
Thank you!
I was putting in the wrong state! He's buried in Alabama.
This is so sad!
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=131575243

ETA: I'm crying so hard! That poor baby! It seems only strangers care for him! I want to go and decorate it properly! It's only a 7 hour drive..... SERIOUSLY If I could I would do that in a heartbeat! I kind of wonder if the mother takes off the flowers and trucks and such.... There's just NOTHING to show that poor baby is loved by his family. This breaks my heart! Is there a way to get something delivered possibly to be placed on it? Any ideas? I want to do something so terribly but my health won't allow me to travel much right now. I wonder if there's an office at the cemetery that I could mail some stuff to so they could place it on his grave?

I did find this. I may call tomorrow and see if it's possible to mail something to them for his grave. If it is possible, maybe many of us could do this if we felt compelled to.
Mods if this isn't allowed feel free to remove it. Just want to put it out there for anyone who would like to maybe send something. I will try to call tomorrow (today actually) and see if it's possible and I will let you know what I find out.
Tuscaloosa Memorial Chapel Funeral Home and Crematory
5434 Old Birmingham Highway
Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35404

Phone: (205) 553-3141
Fax: (205) 556-6326

Maybe there is no grave marker so Cooper's grave does not attract undesirables. Maybe at a latter date a marker will be put there. OR the company she ordered from has a backlog of work. That happened with my friends. These are just ideas, do not throw tomatoes. I would have had one put on right away too.

Harris never thought he would be suspected in Cooper’s death, Boring said. That may help explain why he was so careless in covering his tracks, according to the prosecutor.

“I really think that he in no way believed anyone would call BS on him,” Boring said. “I really think from the get-go he didn’t think anyone was going to question him.”

Boring said he wasn’t surprised Harris chose not to testify on his own behalf. Doing so would’ve exposed too much, especially from a man with so many secrets, he said.

“When he’s under oath and has to answer questions, he can’t just find a way to manipulate his way out of it,” Boring said. “It would have been very easy to point out those errors and expose the truth as to what was going on and he would have to admit to so many lies and untruths and things like that. It’s easier for him to sit back and not testify and later armchair quarterback and say, ‘Well, you know, they got it wrong.’ ”

Boring declined to specify what sentence he would seek, though he seemed to indicate Harris was deserving of the maximum: life in prison without parole plus 42 years.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/prosecutor-ross-harris-a-narcissist-who-never-thou/ns8fX/

Regarding Leanna Taylor f/k/a Harris

At one time she was held up as a suspect in the death of her son. She has yet to be charged with any crime. She is a mother who lost her child, to what she contends is a tragic accident and the state of GA calls a murder. You can discuss her public statements, testimony, and demeanor.

Please do so in a respectful manner.

She is no longer open for sleuthing. Please see the updated sticky located here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ies-for-Cooper-s-Case&p=12938219#post12938219

I get there are many reasons not to put the headstone on- but her lawyer seems to be saying it's money. So while there may be a good reason that is none of our business - he seems to want us to know why...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harris also faces additional charges handed down by a Cobb County grand jury in March. Those charges, which he has not been tried on, include two counts of sexual exploitation of children and six counts of dissemination of harmful material to minors for alleged lewd communications with three females under the age of 18 in the weeks and months before his son Cooper Harris’ death.

http://www.mdjonline.com/news/harri...cle_451d88d2-ab63-11e6-8f7f-6b60b6519960.html

True. I do think it's fair to comment on her post after the verdict and a public statement by her lawyer. JMO
I agree. She could just go away quietly, but she chooses to make statements or have her attorney do it. Looks like that opens the door. JMO

Thank you!
This is so sad!

ETA: I'm crying so hard! That poor baby! It seems only strangers care for him! I want to go and decorate it properly! It's only a 7 hour drive..... SERIOUSLY If I could I would do that in a heartbeat! I kind of wonder if the mother takes off the flowers and trucks and such.... There's just NOTHING to show that poor baby is loved by his family. This breaks my heart! Is there a way to get something delivered possibly to be placed on it? Any ideas? I want to do something so terribly but my health won't allow me to travel much right now. I wonder if there's an office at the cemetery that I could mail some stuff to so they could place it on his grave?
I have done a lot of research on his grave, including reading older posts from 2 years ago in a support site that states Cooper doesn't have a marker because LH didn't want anyone to know where he is, but the marker had already been ready been taken care of.

Obviously, I can't believe anything the site says, because it seems like it's not true - he doesn't have a marker.

People on other threads have stated that they take things to his grave, but either the cemetery removes them pretty quickly or things are pilfered. I'm not sure which. I've known several cemeteries that do not allow stuffed animals, toys or other items on the gravesite other than flowers in an urn attached to the headstone. I'd imagine it becomes pretty tough to mow and move these items out of the way on a routine basis.

Just my 2 cents, I know it's difficult to stand by and do nothing, but I'm not sure there's much you can do. Except, of course, say your prayers for the little guy and hope he gets your message.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Well he will probably still have a sordid sex life... *cough cough* just not the one he imagined.
Then again there are those groupies who love to write to killers. I guess it could be considered sexting? Just the snail mail version.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't know, that one chick said he told her he had an experience with a guy on vacation. Maybe RH will fit into prison just fine.

Harris also faces additional charges handed down by a Cobb County grand jury in March. Those charges, which he has not been tried on, include two counts of sexual exploitation of children and six counts of dissemination of harmful material to minors for alleged lewd communications with three females under the age of 18 in the weeks and months before his son Cooper Harris’ death.

http://www.mdjonline.com/news/harri...cle_451d88d2-ab63-11e6-8f7f-6b60b6519960.html

I think everyone will prudently let those charges go without prosecution. I can't imagine being the parent of a child and allowing them to go forward and rehash on this to get *justice* when he already will have life sentence.

Jmo

Yes. That is what I was trying to say. For my mom is was not routine to have our youngest baby along for the ride. Sometimes she took her if she was colicky and needed to sleep in the car. But it was unusual so she was PROACTIVE about it and made sure she had a way to remember.

My son was only in preschool from 9 to 12, so often my mom would just go do errands and stop for brunch while waiting for him. She didn't want to do that with the 2nd baby in the car seat.

So my main point was that we did something about it. My mom had the fear because she saw a news report about a grandmother who made that deadly mistake. Did we just talk about it and then DO NOTHING to prevent it? NO. And that is one of the things that baffles me about The Harris's.

There are so many ways to try and prevent it. :sigh:

The reason that Ross did NOTHING to prevent this from happening is because it was not an accident. When you want to avoid something from happening, you take precautions. When you intend to kill your child and make it resemble an accident, you conveniently "forget" all precautions. Doing something to minimize the risk would have put Ross's ultimate plan in jeopardy.

Escalation of behavior

These incidents occurred

January 23, 2014

March 8, 2014

May 29, 2014

http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_dea5702bbc3849178f39bc063c0bc78f.pdf

The incidents he was just convicted of happened March 1 to June 18

I think everyone will prudently let those charges go without prosecution. I can't imagine being the parent of a child and allowing them to go forward and rehash on this to get *justice* when he already will have life sentence.

Jmo

Holloway says the DA will decide whether to go forward with trial where if found guilty he faces over 40 years.
Another possibility is offering a plea where he gets a straight 20 years.
But they will not be dropped. If five years from now he did get a new trial for some reason he could be freed after serving enough time for the *advertiser censored* charges he's already been convicted on (Holloway predicts he will get 12 years). These charges will keep him behind bars, if convicted.

They sure jimmied into my vehicle when my key fob refused to work anymore.
Actually they used something like a blood pressure cuff to get the door cracked enough to reach the unlock button.
Of course he was a friend of mine but they do carry the equipment around.
O/T sort of but..... anyone else have the issue with only having ONE key hole on the entire car? Only on the drivers side?
I never noticed it until THAT day. And for some reason the key wouldn't even work. It was a terrible experience but thankfully I didn't have a child in the car.
I would bust the window in a heartbeat if I needed to though! Windows can be replaced, lives can't. I'm so glad they were able to get yours unlocked!
These new cars are awful scary with all these new features. I personally do not like the key fob because at any given time the thing could go dead and those suckers cost like 450 to replace! I'd rather have keys personally.
We had a hellacious week at the beach this year. Drove my daughter's vehicle so we could all fit. Swear to God the 2nd night there, someone busted out our back window and 2 other vehicles too. Had to get it replaced while there! Then unknowingly, when they fixed the back window they messed up the key system somehow. Of course we had no clue until we came to the parking garage where we had ate and the minute the car was unlocked with the stupid key fob, the alarm goes off!!!
Couldn't get it to stop for ANYTHING. Had to get a freaking locksmith to come make us new keys and key fob...... meanwhile me and my daughter and grandbaby are stuck walking to the hotel 2 miles away late at night. Thankfully a sweet couple stopped to help us and the wife walked us back to the hotel (armed of course) and sat with us while we waited. She's a good friend now!
I think like two other things happened to the car while we were there too. I can't even remember! It was the trip from hell! LOL
Did I say I hate key fobs?
*gets off soapbox and ends rant* :laughing:

ETA: PLUS I love keys because I've always held them as a weapon as I walk to my car. Kinda hard to stab someone with a key fob!

I have a Kia Spectra and it only has a keyhole on driver's door.

I was told by a policeman not long ago when I locked my keys in the car that they aren't allowed to jimmy open doors anymore because of insurance purposes and because the cars made today can get their electronics messed up. I don't know if it's true, it just what one policeman told me!

Thank you!
This is so sad!

Looks like he is 3 hours from me. I have friends who drive to Alabama just to get Milo's burgers and fries! I should plan a road trip...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom