The Sidebar - Harris Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back and listened to LE’s interview with Ross and Ross doesn’t say he caught a glimpse of Cooper in his mirror, he almost said it but didn’t. I watched it on You Tube and it’s roughly at the 37:35 mark.

He said: As I was driving down Akers Mill I caught aglimpse of him in my, ..... when I looked to my right to change lanes, I caught aglimpse of him in the back and thought I was seeing things etc…….

Thanks for the clarification PaperDoll!

Harris says Cooper woke up at 5:15 that morning, but when the boy fell back asleep, Harris put him back in his room. Harris said the two were running late, so he decided to go to Chick-fil-A.

I must be an idiot because I'll never understand this part... was it a planned daddy and son breakfast to enjoy or a running late so grab fast food. One means inside and the other, imo, would be drive thru.

They were running late, which means Cooper would miss breakfast at daycare, so RH had to feed him. RH's morning meeting had been moved to the afternoon, so RH had the time to eat inside with CH.

That may be what he said to the detective but did he say something different to Leanna? It appears he did.

I am unable to watch at moment but IIRC told her the same. If that why they want to watch, he said what Hope4more said.

Harris says Cooper woke up at 5:15 that morning, but when the boy fell back asleep, Harris put him back in his room. Harris said the two were running late, so he decided to go to Chick-fil-A.

I must be an idiot because I'll never understand this part... was it a planned daddy and son breakfast to enjoy or a running late so grab fast food. One means inside and the other, imo, would be drive thru.

What came in between running late and a sit-down in CFA might have been the 8:34 email from his project manager telling Ross his 10AM meeting had to be postponed until later that day. Voila no need to rush.

Also, from what I can tell, the main reason RH was running late that AM was he was likely tired and seemed occupied with his nonstop texting. He didn't tell Leanna he was taking Cooper to CFA for a special breakfast, for whatever reason . Seems likely taking Cooper was a last minute decision.

They were running late, which means Cooper would miss breakfast at daycare, so RH had to feed him. RH's morning meeting had been moved to the afternoon, so RH had the time to eat inside with CH.

Then he wasn't late essentially

What came in between running late and a sit-down in CFA might have been the 8:34 email from his project manager telling Ross his 10AM meeting had to be postponed until later that day. Voila no need to rush.

Also, from what I can tell, the main reason RH was running late that AM was he was likely tired and seemed occupied with his nonstop texting. He didn't tell Leanna he was taking Cooper to CFA for a special breakfast, for whatever reason . Seems likely taking Cooper was a last minute decision.

So was going inside since it was highly unusual, if ever done before, correct?

I think if I tried to back into a parking spot without looking over my shoulder even briefly my parking wouldn't ever be straight. I back into spots all the time, and I always look over my shoulder and also use all 3 mirrors.

But when he backed up it wasn't like he was parking to stay, would have to watch that video to see. Just cut the wheels backs up and pulls forward into the spot he parked in.

Thanks for the clarification PaperDoll!

You are welcome :) I had to keep replaying it has I was typing.. lol So, he almost said rear mirror, but caught himself.

But when he backed up it wasn't like he was parking to stay, would have to watch that video to see. Just cut the wheels backs up and pulls forward into the spot he parked in.

Was does parking to stay mean? He parked to spend the day at work?

How do you back in and not look back using either mirror or shoulder?

This is something that's always been curious to me. Ross said Cooper ate at home already. So why the heck was he also eating at chickfila?

Then he wasn't late essentially

And I wonder how he classifies late? He had no regular set work times,etc. (which I don't understand) I guess "late" refers to sweet little Cooper being late for day care.
'

[/B]
So was going inside since it was highly unusual, if ever done before, correct?

I'm pretty sure when he told Leanna he took Cooper to CFA he said "like I do." But I'm not sure if he meant inside for a dad/son sit down or through the drive-thru. I'm chromecasting the election so I can't listen to any of the videos right now (my poor old laptop would probably explode, lol!) but it's fairly early in the video.

I went back and listened to LE’s interview with Ross and Ross doesn’t say he caught a glimpse of Cooper in his mirror, he almost said it but didn’t. I watched it on You Tube and it’s roughly at the 37:35 mark.

He said: As I was driving down Akers Mill I caught aglimpse of him in my, ..... when I looked to my right to change lanes, I caught aglimpse of him in the back and thought I was seeing things etc…….

I heard that, but imo he wasn't necessarily about to say "my rearview mirror." He looks and sounds exhausted, imo, and he is fumbling on words for at least a few minutes in that stretch.

Do you (or anyone) know which intersection he was turning right onto? Early on I also read that he was changing lanes when he looked back and saw Cooper. It's confusing. I've been so focused on his drive to work that I haven't paid much attention to his drive after work.

He was doing a lane change on Akers Mill Road. That occurred by the Akers Mill Road and Cobb Parkway/41 intersection.

Where did he say he saw Cooper in the rear view mirror?

Reporter got it wrong, Ross started to say his rear, then changed it to looked to his right.

I pulled the video and listened:

Here's the transcript of Ross' interview describing his morning up until he saw Cooper:

starts at about :33

Ross: I woke up, normal day, my wife and I, we were in bed together. She left work at approximately 7:15. I left the house with Cooper at about, it was about 8:30, yeah, about 8:30. And, the plan was I was going to take him to Chik-Fil-A in Vinnings, which I did, and, umm, we got breakfast, and me and him do that at Chik-Fil-A in Vinnings, approximately 2-3 times a month together, like we have our daddy/son breakfast together, and, after I, after we eat breakfast I usually take him across the street to the daycare which is at The Home Depot, and then I'll go to work, which is at an alternative location, which I don't work in the big ____ I work in an annex office office which is on Cumberland, 2600 Cumberland Boulevard. It's just the annex office of the big building, it's where my team works.

And, ummm, we were leaving Chik-Fil-A, I put him in his car seat, he gave me a kiss on the check, like I always do, I always put him in his car seat, I make sure he's strapped in real tight, according to all the regulations that we watched, on youtube and everything, I strapped him in, I tightened him up, I gave him a kiss, he gave me a kiss, what i do every time, it is my routine, I let him know that I love him, I give him a kiss, 'cause if, 'cause I do that if for some reason, God forbid, we are in an accident, I want him to, and if I died I want him to have a memory of me, you know, telling him every time the last time he sees me that I love him, and I give him a kiss, and just, today was just, careless, I got in my car, and instead of going from here to here, I went straight to work which is I turned onto Cumberland, and I drove down Cumberland Boulevard, I went to work as if he wasn't even in the back, and I probably didn't even hear him because he falls asleep really easily when you drive the car. And that was it, then I went to work.

Stoddard: What happened at work?

Ross: I had a normal day. Normal work day, had my meetings, umm.

Stoddard: What time did you get to work?

Ross: About 9:30. I do not clock in.

Stoddard: You get to work and then what do you do?

Ross: I go straight to my desk and I sit down, and I check my emails, and have banter (???) with the guys that I work with, that's pretty much what I have, I have a morning meeting at 10:30, ummm, soo, yea, the day is going good, ummm, lunch time rolls around, I got some guys that I work with across the street, they came and picked me up, ummm, we went to Publix, ate lunch, they took me back, and dropped me off, ummm ... ummmm [long pause], and then I finished the work day and then, we had plans to go to a movie, the 2 guys I went to lunch with, we had plans to go to a movie at 5:00, which is where I was going, I was gonna try to get there about 4:20, 4:30, just to kind of beat the, if there is an after-work crowd trying to go to the movie or anything like that, I thought I'd get there a little early, and, as i was turning, as I was driving down, ummm, whatever that road is right there by , [Stoddard: Akers-Mills?], Akers-Mills, ummmm, I was driving down Akers-Mills when I caught a glimpse of him in my, when I looked to my right to change lanes, and I caught a glimpse of him in the back and I thought I was seeing things, and I saw him, then I lost it.

[video=youtube;vOkKqENIBww]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOkKqENIBww[/video]

I can't understand why there was only orange juice and a little bit of potato in Cooper's stomach. By rights he should have been hungry.

This is something that's always been curious to me. Ross said Cooper ate at home already. So why the heck was he also eating at chickfila?

According to the ME he only has some oj and potatoes in him. So I don't think he really ate at either place, which makes it even more curious. RH stated that cooper got a sausage biscuit "like he always did" but he had no sausage or biscuit in him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member