The Sidebar - Harris Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It still seems strange to me that not one person showed up in that court room to support Ross. I don't believe I have ever seen that in any trial I have ever watched. Nobody.

Same here. I was also surprised that no one showed up for Cooper, either. I wonder if nobody showed up because they didn't want to choose between Cooper and JRH.

Ross was a man who knew where to find a prostitute if he was so inclined, so I'm not sure the absence of texts means he wasn't gonna try to hook up. ;)

Lol hard to argue that one! But I will :)
His hooker dalliances were from Craigslist...absence on history in phone or pc tells me that wasn't going to just happen. I'm pretty sure that cruising down a seedy street doesn't really happen that way, at 4pm no less.

An angle I just don't get, is, I consider JRH an intelligent man. He, at least, isn't ignorant. Which makes me wonder why he didn't at least delete the Whisper and Kik apps if he planned the murder. But, more importantly to me, why did he waive his rights? If he thought LE was onto his death plan, he would have asked for a lawyer. And probably would have had some type of lawyer search in his search history. I feel him well smart enough to know to lawyer up quickly if he had something to knowingly hide.

I don't believe for a second he thought there would be an ounce of suspicion upon him. And I don't believe he had any intention of not continuing communications with these people. He needed those apps and information to continue on.

What I do think about Ross, is that he is intelligent AND emotionally immature. He thinks he is the smartest guy in the room, but has no idea how his behavior can be interpreted in the moment. That's what usually catches up to manipulators. They know how to toy with other people, but they can't always control how other people look at their behavior.

Obviously, JMO

It still seems strange to me that not one person showed up in that court room to support Ross. I don't believe I have ever seen that in any trial I have ever watched. Nobody.

Would be very telling if no one showed for verdict/sentencing...

No hook up texts or communications were found, however, to substantiate that theory.
He had texted with at minimum 6 different females that morning. I vividly recall RH asking at least 2 of them to meet him that day. I could see it possible his plans were a potential hook up between leaving work and going to movie. Maybe that's why he took the route driving he took. Maybe why he was going to be a few min late to the movie. He wouldn't need to account for his time to his wife if she was picking up CH at LAA and she knew him going to a movie. On second thought now, not only was a hook up possible, it may even slide over to probable

I don't believe for a second he thought there would be an ounce of suspicion upon him. And I don't believe he had any intention of not continuing communications with these people. He needed those apps and information to continue on.

What I do think about Ross, is that he is intelligent AND emotionally immature. He thinks he is the smartest guy in the room, but has no idea how his behavior can be interpreted in the moment. That's what usually catches up to manipulators. They know how to toy with other people, but they can't always control how other people look at their behavior.

Obviously, JMO

BBM. I agree, JRH didn't think a million years that LE would suspect him.

I also think JRH was used to being liked by a lot of people. I think JRH thought he could charm his way out of trouble by bonding with LE or even speaking their language (though it seems his peculiar familiarity with Georgia statutes completely backfired).

An angle I just don't get, is, I consider JRH an intelligent man. He, at least, isn't ignorant. Which makes me wonder why he didn't at least delete the Whisper and Kik apps if he planned the murder. But, more importantly to me, why did he waive his rights? If he thought LE was onto his death plan, he would have asked for a lawyer. And probably would have had some type of lawyer search in his search history. I feel him well smart enough to know to lawyer up quickly if he had something to knowingly hide.

I have my own theories about why he hadn't deleted anything. I don't believe he actually PLANNED the murder to be that day. I think he had considered/pondered/fantasized about the POSSIBILITY of ridding himself of his family burdens at some point. And he thought that maybe this would be a way of doing so, where he would be considered a sympathetic character, like the father he discussed, who became an advocate and started the 'second look' program.

So he considered doing so for awhile. But the night before, he had to call his team leader to admit he had not done his work. I think he knew his job was not going to last much longer. And he was depressed about his unhappy marriage situation. He talked about needing a 'break from Love' and an escape from his son while at breakfast that morning.

So MAYBE, right then, as he was leaving CFA, he fell to the evil temptation, and could no longer resist the urge to sacrifice his son, for his own selfish reasons. If so, then he would know it was too late to begin deleting anything, just in case, because it would look worse for him.

But he was probably convinced that LE was not going to look in the weather folder and try to find any hidden apps. He thought they would see him as a grief stricken father and let him go rather quickly. JMO

As I said, I was jumping off your post...not intending to dissect your statement. And I agree, there absolutely needs more to convict. I also completely agree with your statement, "I don't put a lot of stock in what RH says, but that doesn't make him a murderer."

That's the problem, the same people saying that (not meaning you,) believe he's innocent because he said so. If one can't put stock into what RH says, it should go both ways. IMO

ETA: I also believe there is not legal proof beyond a reasonable doubt to convict of malice murder. I do believe he committed that act, though. I felt the same way about the Casey Anthony trial.

Actually, I don't think I am being correctly represented. I do not "believe he's innocent because he said so" - I think he should be found innocent of the charges related to malice murder because the charges have not been proven. Two different things.

I think all of us have wondered why absence of family. I would guess that Kilgore directed them to be absent. No doubt family would have felt compelled to make some kind of comment arriving/departing courthouse, etc. Even this forum indicates even the parents silent courtroom behavior would be highly scrutinized. Kilgore wanted to offer the media/prosecutor no free info to use against his client. His brother that testified stated he loved his brother. You know he would have stayed if Kilgore hadn't orchestrated a DT game plan.

He had texted with at minimum 6 different females that morning. I vividly recall RH asking at least 2 of them to meet him that day. I could see it possible he plans were a potential hook up between leaving work and going to movie. Maybe that's why he took the route driving he took. Maybe why he was going to be a few min late to the movie. He wouldn't need to account for his time to his wife if she was picking up CH at LAA and she knew him going to a movie. On second thought now, not only was a hook up possible, it may even slide over to probable

The only one that I remember that involved meeting that day was a text at about 5:30 that morning. Maybe he had not decided yet to leave Cooper in the car that day. It might have been an impulsive decision to do so.

Would be very telling if no one showed for verdict/sentencing...

Yes, it would.

Someone posted waaaay upthread that it was at Ross' request that his family didn't come. Not sure of that is true or a guess.

Not being there for COOPER is strange and sad.

I don't want to pass judgement on the extended family as I'm sure they are torn up and this is living hell to endure.

jmo

Actually, I don't think I am being correctly represented. I do not "believe he's innocent because he said so" - I think he should be found innocent of the charges related to malice murder because the charges have not been proven. Two different things.

If that's not what you've claimed, than obviously it wasn't meant for you. There ARE people here who have taken his word at complete value and believe him, simply because that's what he said. Clearly you are not one of those people.

And as I said, I also don't think there is enough for malice murder, though I believe he did. If I were on the jury, I would not vote for conviction.

Them's some pretty strong feelings about RH. Sorry, I don't have strong feelings about him one way or another. Fact is though, he is a middle class dude who has been in jail for 2 years, and I think it would be perfectly normal for him to want to enjoy being around other middle class dudes in a non-jail setting, while he still can.

And btw, for myself anyway, his middle class status doesn't affect how I view the evidence, nor my view about how LE handled this case.

Yes. I have very strong feelings about sexual predators espeically when they prey on minors. The rest of the sexting stuff doesn't impress me much. Not does the rest of it cause me to have strong negative feelings about him. But minors? Hell no.

BBM. I agree, JRH didn't think a million years that LE would suspect him.

I also think JRH was used to being liked by a lot of people. I think JRH thought he could charm his way out of trouble by bonding with LE or even speaking their language (though it seems his peculiar familiarity with Georgia statutes completely backfired).
Come on now, please give GA LE a little more credit than that. I dont know of any LE dept in any state in the US that wouldn't do research into a hot car death. You know LE will research daycare/schools/CPS/friends. Not for one second could any sane person assume they could kill their own baby and just assume LE would just nicely look the other direction offering a free pass. LE in doing their jobs would investigate and if they find anything, bring charges. Think about it, the public's attention was brought to this case approx 4:20 (I am going off estimation here) when the man heard tires screeching and helped RH remove CH from car. RH was in cuffs approx 15 min later and has been locked up since. In essence he was charged prior to even a detective arriving on scene to detect. Horse meet cart.

I don't believe he actually PLANNED the murder to be that day.

Respectfully snipped by me.

I go back and forth on this. On one hand, it appears that something happened at that Memorial Day weekend trip. JRH and LH stopped taking pictures of Cooper, saying he was too big even though they kept him in an infant car seat. He also started dragging his feet when planning for the cruise and in days before had clicked on a video about the dangers of hot cars twice.

On the other hand, I think Mr. Boring did a good job pointing out that JRH had tried to text JM that day and she didn't respond. I can see that becoming a trigger for him to impulsively decide to leave Cooper in the car in addition to the Whisper conversation he was having about escaping his family.

I don't blame family for not being there. I wouldn't want to listen to such horrid information with the cameras zoomed on me. Just because they aren't in court, doesn't mean they aren't "there" for Cooper.

I don't think I could go and be destroyed by evidence on camera. I really don't.

Come on now, please give GA LE a little more credit than that. I dont know of any LE dept in any state in the US that wouldn't do research into a hot car death. You know LE will research daycare/schools/CPS/friends. Not for one second could any sane person assume they could kill their own baby and just assume LE would just nicely look the other direction offering a free pass. LE in doing their jobs would investigate and if they find anything, bring charges. Think about it, the public's attention was brought to this case approx 4:20 (I am going off estimation here) when the man heard tires screeching and helped RH remove CH from car. RH was in cuffs approx 15 min later and has been locked up since. In essence he was charged prior to even a detective arriving on scene to detect. Horse meet cart.

Not until very recently, were parents investigated so quickly and harshly. And yes, usually the investigation is not so incredibly in depth from the get go, unless there is something unusual. (Like Ross and the fireman recently.)

Working with county children's advocacy and essentially dealing with the worst of the worst every day...It's my opinion that sociopaths usually hang themselves. They often do nothing to cover. They think they are smarter and are also used to getting out of everything. We've dealt with lawyers, doctors, teachers, etc...who didn't delete their crimes, because they thought they were smart enough not to get caught. (Many cases involving their very family sadly and horribly.) Literally it happens all the time for any manner of crime.

If that's not what you've claimed, than obviously it wasn't meant for you. There ARE people here who have taken his word at complete value and believe him, simply because that's what he said. Clearly you are not one of those people.

And as I said, I also don't think there is enough for malice murder, though I believe he did. If I were on the jury, I would not vote for conviction.
Of course I don't expect you to name names but I would like a guestimate to how many on this forum you feel who have taken RH as his word as complete value. Honestly, for me personally, I have not seen one. I personally haven't even heard of anyone liking RH or his actions. Now I have heard and seen people on here that want RH appropriately charged and convicted and sentenced accordingly with supporting facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi