The Sidebar - Harris Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LH seemed to me to be totally under JRH's spell. She followed his lead, even with finances when he was reckless with that as well. She was submissive and doting on him no matter what he did. IMO she only divorced him when she really had no other choice because it became obvious he would be serving major time either way. To me she felt it her duty to testify for him. Don't forget she asked him if they would have more children when she got to see him. WHO SAYS THAT!? Sadly Cooper was an "accessory" to these people. IMO he was companionship for LH, and something to show off for JRH- but they both acted like he could be easily replaced. I've seen and experienced more shock and sadness in losing a pet.

This interview video, and the fact that he watched the video of the veterinarian in a hot car and typed "I would would hate it if that happened to my son" are the only two really compelling pieces of evidence pointing to malice murder for me. But I don't think it's enough to convict.

IMO the "did you say too much?" was code for: you didn't tell them about our marriage trouble, ED, etc....did you dumba$$?

Even then she's trying to manage and control him and reassure him like he's a child.
JMO but IMO the method he chose to rid himself of his controlling emasculating wife who he was not sexually attracted to ....making her greatest fear come true...was a giant F U to her.....but she refused to see it

This interview video, and the fact that he watched the video of the veterinarian in a hot car and typed "I would would hate it if that happened to my son" are the only two really compelling pieces of evidence pointing to malice murder for me. But I don't think it's enough to convict.

Agree to strongly disagree

IMO the "did you say too much?" was code for: you didn't tell them about our marriage trouble, ED, etc....did you dumba$$?

Even then she's trying to manage and control him and reassure him like he's a child.
JMO but IMO the method he chose to rid himself of his controlling emasculating wife who he was not sexually attracted to ....making her greatest fear come true...was a giant F U to her.....but she refused to see it
Definitely didn't give her the it's not you it's me speech...

How many hours later from the 'incident' was his interview? He seems so calm and composed. My husband would have been melted into a puddle of grief on the floor.

Agreed. And I've read a few accounts of how people have reacted during interrogations and I watched one video of a woman. None acted with this kind of casual unconcern, desire to talk about oneself's personal life and pursuits and accomplishments or spent time calmly explaining to the police how this happens in other cases.

They werr either inconsolable, yelling that they killed their baby, or silent and white faced with shock.

i don't understand why the jury can't take the video back with them to watch it, freeze it, rewind, etc. Seems so important and easy to miss stuff.

It was both lol...it was converted crib into toddler bed. With a light blue comforter and toys in the room. Was neat as a pin. Standard room, no real decorations.

Thank you. It seems slightly unusual that he was already in a toddler bed instead of his crib. Especially since he was so small. I know some kids are climbers, though.

Thank you. It seems slightly unusual that he was already in a toddler bed instead of his crib. Especially since he was so small. I know some kids are climbers, though.

I don't read anything in to that. Cooper seemed healthy and happy and well cared for

Sorry For O/T, but for anyone interested, Hillary Clinton is about to give her concession speech.

Ross left Cooper in the car to die, I believe it was intentional so that tells me it was cruel and malicious. How does one loving kill their child? Did Ross ever say he forgot Cooper that day? Ross told the truth when he was talking to LE, he not once IIRC said he forgot. What I remember him saying was he strapped Cooper in, and went into great detail, a bit too much IMO, then said he drove out of CFA and instead of making that crazy turn, he went straight to work. HE DID JUST THAT!!! Didn't say he must have forgotten, didn't know Cooper wasn't there, he said it was like Cooper wasn't there, I think there is a difference.

So when people say that they can't find malice, I find malice and great cruelty when he left Cooper to die on that HOT day. Doesn't matter what his lifestyle was, it matters that he went into GREAT detail that morning on what happened only to turn around after 30 seconds to making the correct decision, he choose to make the worse one. 30 SECONDS!!!! He had so many opportunities to realize he didn't take Cooper to day care. So, where is the love?

Does anyone here see evidence that Ross is in shock? I followed a lot (but not all) of the trial, but don't recall discussion of shock as an explanation for Ross' demeanor. I don't have experience seeing people in shock; so if you do, I'd be interested in your thoughts on the subject?

Anxiety is a huge part of psychological shock as well as the inability to function cognitively in at least one area, according to Wikipedia. This guy was very relaxed and chatty in parts. Shock is usually the opposite of chattiness. They become silent and unable to express themselves.

A good example to me was a mother wandering around silently after the big San Francico earthquake of 1906. She wandered the streets unable to speak, holding her screaming baby upside down by one foot. That's schock.

Can you link video of another parent?

I've been looking. It was a few years who. Maybe several. She was a heavy set blonde lady who was busy and was running around at work. Something caused her to suddenly realize and go running for her car. Her child was in the parking lot. There was a ton of community outrage. I can't remember if they chose not to charge her or she was acquitted. She seemed in true shock in the video. Quiet. Softly crying. Answering questions though in a calm manner. But seemed stunned. IIRC. I wish I could remember her name. I will keep looking.

I know Lyn Balfour kept crying "I killed my baby!" Her interrogation video helped acquit her.

Anxiety is a huge part of psychological shock as well as the inability to function cognitively in at least one area, according to Wikipedia. This guy was very relaxed and chatty in parts. Shock is usually the opposite of chattiness. They become silent and unable to express themselves.

A good example to me was a mother wandering around silently after the big San Francico earthquake of 1906. She wandered the streets unable to speak, holding her screaming baby upside down by one foot. That's schock.

Agree! Ross was trying to hard to show emotions, IMO. In fact as he was babbling away with LE, there were a few times he said "sorry, but I'm outta of my mind right now" REALLY!!! geeez, if he were out of his mind he wouldn't be able to sit calmly and tell LE all the details of his day and leaving out important part like HD/lightbulbs.. yeah!

Agree! Ross was trying to hard to show emotions, IMO. In fact as he was babbling away with LE, there were a few times he said "sorry, but I'm outta of my mind right now" REALLY!!! geeez, if he were out of his mind he wouldn't be able to sit calmly and tell LE all the details of his day and leaving out important part like HD/lightbulbs.. yeah!

I also found it weird neither one choked up when talking about Cooper.

Another day, into the fray. ;)

There isn't any universal expression of shock any more than there is of any other emotion.

I've had a very, very, close friend of 27 years (thought we'd marry, but hadn't met DH yet) die abruptly, no warning, of a heart attack. His brother called to tell me. I remember screaming, initially, but then going absolutely numb for days before I could begin crying. I can't even begin to describe how surreal those days were.

I also remember my response to a far more "trivial" loss, one of my beloved cats who I'd rescued as a feral kitten. We'd taken him to the vet for non-emergenvy surgury, I was cleaning the attic, my DH came up, told me he had bad news, that my Nubs had died right after surgery, and I replied- well, that's not possible, he's just there for surgery. Even when he told me again I told him it wasn't possible, and when he told me a third time, my response was to get pissed with him for repeating such a ridiculous thing. I didn't believe it until I called the vet myself. And that was "just" a cat.

I see Leanna's shock as reflecting what seems to be her temperament- already reserved, shock sent her all the way inside, shut her down.

And I think it's possible Ross's expression of shock reflects who he is most fundamentally- a master compartmentalizer, someone who never shuts up, and someone who is capable of deep deep denial.

I'm guessing it hadn't had time to sink in yet that he was really gone. Some people can just carry on normally after a bereavement and even arrange the funeral and everything without breaking down, but then fall apart after the funeral is over. Until then they were just focusing on all the things they had to arrange and do... Like R and L focusing on getting Ross out of jail.

Another day, into the fray. ;)

There isn't any universal expression of shock any more than there is of any other emotion.

I've had a very, very, close friend of 27 years (thought we'd marry, but hadn't met DH yet) die abruptly, no warning, of a heart attack. His brother called to tell me. I remember screaming, initially, but then going absolutely numb for days before I could begin crying. I can't even begin to describe how surreal those days were.

I also remember my response to a far more "trivial" loss, one of my beloved cats who I'd rescued as a feral kitten. We'd taken him to the vet for non-emergenvy surgury, I was cleaning the attic, my DH came up, told me he had bad news, that my Nubs had died right after surgery, and I replied- well, that's not possible, he's just there for surgery. Even when he told me again I told him it wasn't possible, and when he told me a third time, my response was to get pissed with him for repeating such a ridiculous thing. I didn't believe it until I called the vet myself. And that was "just" a cat.

Ok so those are typical and rather expected responses in both cases. Neither LH or RH displayed either or any of what you described

Ok I suppose RH did some form of that at the car but many described that as almost acting

I also found it weird neither one choked up when talking about Cooper.

Yup, agree! I know how I am and I react to sad news with tears and sadness. I can't think straight and need to call my friends and family for support. I understand not everyone is like me, but people do have emotions, that is what makes us alive if you will. People react to fun times with happier emotions, people react to sad things usually with tears or a sadness. Ross acted so out of the "norm" IMO.. watching his interview was a joke to me, it just was. He even said "My boy, my boy, why did this happen"? OMG!!! why did this happen? really? that is all you have? Sorry, I'm on a rant right now.. lol Behavior, IMO, plays a role, it just does. Everything isn't just based on evidence because sometimes it's hard to prove some things, lying is one of them. Ross is saying this wasn't intentional, how does one prove that? hard to do but people can't just go around leaving their kids in a hot car, or animals for that matter, to die. It would be too easy for anyone who want to rid themselves of their children, then claim it was a accident... :gaah:

And all of these examples just don't apply to me when it is your baby. Your baby is dead - suddenly, "unexpectedly", horribly by your own actions. I would be more accepting of stoic and chatty when the death is prolonged and expected (and even then, I think it is not the norm). But for both of these parents to have this calm, cool and collected response, with concern about work and the whereabouts of the vehicle - I can't help but believe it is indicative of something. I wouldn't convict on this alone, but add in the vehicle, 30s., the cues, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat