The Sidebar - Harris Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurors have another question - [video=twitter;796423040921993216]https://twitter.com/NatishaLance/status/796423040921993216[/video]

Lol. I've been hoping, actually, that I'm hallucinating the news of last night. But no. Can't even really put my heart into arguing with y'all today, but am doing my best . :D

I am not upset by the results of last night by any stretch of the imagination, but even I am still in a state of shock. I have come to the conclusion that the so-called "experts" can't predict hurricane paths and they can't prediction election outcomes (Brexit and now the election). We may be better with just arbitrarily flipping a coin and going with that from now on.:gaah:

[video=twitter;796423344564404224]https://twitter.com/DuffieDixon/status/796423344564404224[/video]

I become chatty with my boss when I want to steer the topic away from the assignment I don't have completed yet. I'm just saying it's a tactic to evade difficult questions I don't want to answer. JRH could have been manipulating some things.
He killed his baby and instead of worrying about COOPER he is only worrying about ROSS

What, if any, charges would you find him guilty of?

Honestly? I think as a juror I would likely vote guilty of 2nd degree CC, because even if the State didn't (imo) prove criminal negligence in the strict legal definition of the term, I think his choices that morning did amount to "common sense" criminal negligence (yes, I know there's no such thing). ;)

He wasn't allowed to go so he phoned into it

I'm not trying to justify Leanna's hostility towards the police, but I guarantee this contributed to her distrust/disdain for the police. As a mother, if I lost my child---I would want my husband THERE. I would perceive the police keeping him from attending the funeral as very hostile. I wouldn't be able to understand why they couldn't have him out and on supervision for that. You can never get that day back. Never.

With that said, I believe he killed Cooper on purpose, but clearly Leanna does not and to her this decision seems vicious and cruel.

She asked her husband about a memorial for their son Cooper? What in the world is wrong with that?

IMO the issue is that she didn't have a conversation about what they wanted or what Cooper would have wanted, she totally deferred to RH. Even from jail, she was letting him call the shots. She came back with great detail of what RH wanted and why. It was for a type of tree to be planted. I am very independent, and for me personally, his opinion would not matter at this point.

He looked into cruises, expensive houses, all because what RH wanted. Even during the interrogation video RH talked about how they both made good money, but started putting groceries on a credit card for airline miles. Many people do that, but they pay off the balance. In the interrogation he said they had a $4K balance. LH said on the stand they were not ready to buy a house, they needed to save for a down payment, but RH just kept on with his fantasies just like he did with his "darker side". He had a child and a wife, he had a responsibility to them, it was time to pull his head from the clouds and stop being so incredibly selfish.

All of these decisions that LH was letting him make were setting them back, financially and their marriage seemed to be his lowest priority.

Is the live stream switched on for jury questions? If so, where are you all watching it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always thought that the relationship was in trouble, LH knew it, and was making concessions (like control over the finances) to RH so that he would feel more in charge of the relationship and stay with her. Possibly he had been telling her something like-'I feel like your child instead of your husband' whatever.
Most people I know, when starting to feel like they are ready to leave a relationship, will start with small clues to the other, to give them a clue that it's ending.
MOO

(Please to skip the Boohoo's, ok, y'all?;))

I think she knew he was depressed about job failures and felt emasculated because of their intimacy problems. Gotta prop the dude up. Women have been doing that for all of human history.

Jury wants to see another video. Harris & his ex-wife in police interrogation room.

Twitter reports jury wants to see LH video with RH in the police station.

So? She believed him that it was an accident.

I get that, but he WAS in jail. If he got out the next day, he is going to go crazy that she allowed the neighborhood to remember their son?
And I will say, you have stood by RH more that his own mother, I believe, since we have not heard from her. I just see this case differently, and his own actions are what made me feel that way. MOO

WAT: Jury wants to view video of Leanna and Ross at jail.

Is the live stream switched on for jury questions? If so, where are you all watching it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;796426793536274432]https://twitter.com/courtchatter/status/796426793536274432[/video]

IMO the issue is that she didn't have a conversation about what they wanted or what Cooper would have wanted, she totally deferred to RH. Even from jail, she was letting him call the shots. She came back with great detail of what RH wanted and why. It was for a type of tree to be planted. I am very independent, and for me personally, his opinion would not matter at this point.

He looked into cruises, expensive houses, all because what RH wanted. Even during the interrogation video RH talked about how they both made good money, but started putting groceries on a credit card for airline miles. Many people do that, but they pay off the balance. In the interrogation he said they had a $4K balance. LH said on the stand they were not ready to buy a house, they needed to save for a down payment, but RH just kept on with his fantasies just like he did with his "darker side". He had a child and a wife, he had a responsibility to them, it was time to pull his head from the clouds and stop being so incredibly selfish.

All of these decisions that LH was letting him make were setting them back, financially and their marriage seemed to be his lowest priority.

I'm the same kind of independent, fiercely so, and as I've posted here before, I have way too much self respect and sense of self, and way too little tolerance for liars and fools to have ever been able to forgive a I caught cheating, period. He'd have been out the door with divorce papers following in the mail within a week.

But...I'm not Leanna. Don't share her religion, didn't have her childhood, don't know what she wanted in a marriage, don't know what trade offs she was willing to make.

I'd be unwilling to judge her choices in any case, but even if i were so inclined, don't know enough about her to even try.

I'm not trying to justify Leanna's hostility towards the police, but I guarantee this contributed to her distrust/disdain for the police. As a mother, if I lost my child---I would want my husband THERE. I would perceive the police keeping him from attending the funeral as very hostile. I wouldn't be able to understand why they couldn't have him out and on supervision for that. You can never get that day back. Never.

With that said, I believe he killed Cooper on purpose, but clearly Leanna does not and to her this decision seems vicious and cruel.

But LH also made a point several times to describe how badly LEO treated her...then they rolled the video taped that showed absolutely no mistreatment, rudeness etc....

(Please to skip the Boohoo's, ok, y'all?;))

I think she knew he was depressed about job failures and felt emasculated because of their intimacy problems. Gotta prop the dude up. Women have been doing that for all of human history.

Normally I would agree for a spouse to be supportive of the other naturally. Both of these problems were his own doing! He was failing at work, because...he wasn't even working! He showed up when he wanted, he left when he wanted, he sexted with multiple people every day, and then chatted with his co-workers about their side business.

I firmly believe his ED was only with his wife. His fantasies with minors and actual encounters with prostitutes is what "propped him up". He was taking pictures to prove it and sharing them with strangers.

So yes, spare the boo hoos for this #*%^$%(&*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva