Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
kim playfair said:
Do you think this actually fits this scenario? They are known for solving quite a few crimes and are a very distinguished bunch of people.

Here's the prereq's tho:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Case Intake[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A Vidocq Society investigation can begin only after we are contacted by a family member or law enforcement agency asking us to review an unsolved cold case. A family member making a request must have standing in the case. In all cases the investigating law enforcement agency must welcome our help.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For The Vidocq Society to consider an unsolved death or homicide case, our by-laws require that: [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the death must have occurred at least two years prior; [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the victim cannot have been engaged in dangerous or illicit activity of any kind; [/font]
  • if[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] presented to a meeting by law enforcement or an investigator with standing in the matter no family members may be present; and[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We will not provide updates or other information to the family. [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If a case were adopted by the Society we would not submit progress or other reports to the family. Any information release would be determined by law enforcement and disseminated by them.[/font]
Since I can't or don't know if the victims meet these criteria I would suggest that this information goes directly to the Greene County Prosecutor. He could go to the Chief of Police and the families. I have it on good information that he is sincerely committed to the solving of the case. It is entirely possible that he is unaware of this group. This could be mailed or faxed to him at his Greene County office. This is his name, address, phone and fax number.

http://www.greenecountymo.org/web/officials.php

OFFICE OF THE PROSECUTING ATTORNEY

GREENE COUNTY, MISSOURI

Darrell L. Moore

Prosecuting Attorney

1010 Boonville Avenue
Springfield, MO 65802-3804
(417) 868-4061 phone
(417) 868-4160 fax

Missouri Mule said:
I think that's a very good idea. I would suggest that you somehow get this information directly to the parents. (Perhaps someone knows them and could do this.) That touches on another aspect of this case I find troubling. Offhand, I think the best way to go about this might be to simply copy the page and mail it to her with a short note that she might want to explore the case with them. Alternatively, you could also do the same with Sherrill's sister.
I went to the One Missing Link website. They have an address there. I will write a brief letter this weekend with the info from the Vidocq website and address it personally to Janis McCall. They have an e-mail at the site but it goes to the Webmaster and I don't know if Janis herself will see it so I'll snail mail it.

Also, I am going to e-mail 48 Hours this weekend to see if they can do an update on their original story since the 15th anniversary will be here in a few months. If they can't, I am going to ask if they can re-broadcast it.

I saw someone at the airalex guest book said they e-mailed 48 Hours, Nancy Grace, 60 Minutes and Dateline. I will also e-mail Dateline, Nancy Grace and Greta Van Susteren this weekend as well. If they see more than one person inquiring about it they may actually look into it.

liz325 said:
I went to the One Missing Link website. They have an address there. I will write a brief letter this weekend with the info from the Vidocq website and address it personally to Janis McCall. They have an e-mail at the site but it goes to the Webmaster and I don't know if Janis herself will see it so I'll snail mail it.

Also, I am going to e-mail 48 Hours this weekend to see if they can do an update on their original story since the 15th anniversary will be here in a few months. If they can't, I am going to ask if they can re-broadcast it.

I saw someone at the airalex guest book said they e-mailed 48 Hours, Nancy Grace, 60 Minutes and Dateline. I will also e-mail Dateline, Nancy Grace and Greta Van Susteren this weekend as well. If they see more than one person inquiring about it they may actually look into it.
Good for you. This is how crime gets solved. The collective IQ's of everyone will eventually ferret out the criminals. This case has been kept under raps far too long. Keep up the good work. More later. I have just learned my copy of the "48 hour" tape is delayed because of a train derailment in Mesquite, Texas. I hope it was packaged well. Bummer!!

BTW, I also e-mailed Greta earlier today.

I watched the 48 hours show about this recently. It appears to me to be drug related. I think the suspects on the show are probably in some way connected. They may or not have been directly involved. I think they probably were involved with what occured or set it up. Would be interesting to know what they have done with there lives since then. My guess is not much. Probably destined to fail from what I saw.
My feeling is that Suzie knew the people involved and probably was the target. If she wasnt the target then a lot has to be learned about the background of the mother. If she got herself involved with the wrong people and owed money as has been suggested. It doesnt really matter the same element (type of people) would apply. This abduction was permanent from what the crime scene looked like. It was planned beforehand and they are gone. Clues and tips to the identity of the people involved have to come from the small group of people that are "in the know of what happened." Sometimes peoples confess when there conscience gets to them, but it doesnt appear that will happen in this case. The thing about it is that people who know information and dont do anything are just as guilty in my book. This case needs a good solid tip. This case has been kept too quiet with the public. I dont think enough information has been released to shake the people up, that were involved. It is really frustrating to know that people are this evil and are not being held responsible for there actions. How can they look themselves in the mirror.

Trooogrit said:
I watched the 48 hours show about this recently. It appears to me to be drug related. I think the suspects on the show are probably in some way connected. They may or not have been directly involved. I think they probably were involved with what occured or set it up. Would be interesting to know what they have done with their lives since then. My guess is not much. Probably destined to fail from what I saw.
My feeling is that Suzie knew the people involved and probably was the target. If she wasn't the target then a lot has to be learned about the background of the mother. If she got herself involved with the wrong people and owed money as has been suggested. It doesn't really matter the same element (type of people) would apply. This abduction was permanent from what the crime scene looked like. It was planned beforehand and they are gone. Clues and tips to the identity of the people involved have to come from the small group of people that are "in the know of what happened." Sometimes peoples confess when their conscience gets to them, but it doesnt appear that will happen in this case. The thing about it is that people who know information and dont do anything are just as guilty in my book. This case needs a good solid tip. This case has been kept too quiet with the public. I dont think enough information has been released to shake the people up, that were involved. It is really frustrating to know that people are this evil and are not being held responsible for there actions. How can they look themselves in the mirror?
To answer your last question first, it is because they are evil. Evil people do evil things. And psychopaths have no conscience to remind them of the evil things that they do. And they never take responsibility for their actions. It's always someone else's fault. If they kill someone they will blame the person they killed because they "made them do it." Ann Rule has an excellent description for these individuals. She, of course, is the famous true crime writer who was an ex-cop and then went to work in a counseling service and along side her was none other than Ted Bundy. Bundy, of course was the famous serial killer who murdered at a minimum some 36 women. Some estimates are that he murdered in the 100s of women. They fried him back in 1989 in Florida for his heinous crimes.

I have come to believe, as you do, that drugs were involved with the perpetrators and that they need not have been the ones who actually carried out the murders. And without any doubt, I now believe that Suzie was the target which explains the late hour that they were taken. There was no motive for Stacy and Sherrill could have been snatched much earlier. That leaves Suzie and a very likely motive may be found at the Greene County Circuit Clerk's website for anyone to check.

The problem here is that the Springfield P.D. must be held accountable for their inaction over the past 14+ years. I am convinced to a certainty that the best detectives that were assigned to this case know the identities of the perpetrators and/or their surrogates. And I'm not saying that out of thin air either.

What people can do, if they want to do nothing else to get involved, is to bring back national and local exposure to the case. The police department may have had certain elements at one time that were either incompetent and/or corrupt but that, in my view, is no longer the case. The prosecuting attorney is certainly motivated and the police need to be as well. This case needs to come off the back burner and reactivated in a real way to get community involvement. All it takes is the will and it will be solved. The families need closure in the worst way. And if anyone here knows something, by all means let the SPD know. You may be the one to break the case wide open.

rebzzz said:
Can anyone give me information about the Jackie Johns murder in Christian County Missouri.
You can go to the Greene County website and get all of the information you need regarding the Jackie Johns case. There is a treasure trove of information there and very easy to use.

But some new facts are emerging that appear to point to a motive to the case and it is indirectly related to the grave robbing incident that preceded their disappearance. Amazing what a little digging around and common sense will turn up. Now if the SPD take an interest in this case it might yet be solved. It does in fact appear to be drug related but not in the way one might expect.

I'd like to invite all the amateur sleuths here who want to join in with
our group and our amazing developments.

http://www.airalex.com/MISSING.html

I'd like to personally invite such folks here at Miles Draken and Enrique Sparta, Buddy Midwest and others who have made such cogent posts. I know I have left out some folks but feel free to get involved. The more brain power we bring to the discussion the sooner it will be solved. I would prefer to carry on this discussion here but if there is no interest here then we should do it elsewhere where there is plenty of interest and specifics. And I'm not interested in psychics or visions. Just go to the "guestbook" and read the entries. The website is not as elegant as this one but it certainly gets interesting at times. There are nearly 600 posts and counting. Join us!

Well, we are up to 647 posts (at the other site) and counting. Been digging here and digging there and several interesting theories are popping up, including multiple vans and four colors. Evidently the van was spotted near the home at 4:30 AM (according to the K.C. Star) which is very close to visible twilight. The colors of the van(s) has now been variously identified as "moss green" (the most common), brown, dark blue and finally "dirty white." The concensus is that although there is a tangential link to the grave robbing incident the more likely motive was drug related and the upcoming testimony which would touch on that issue and the probable squeezing of suspects to get at the "bigger fish." The information on the Greene County website is most interesting and the docket sheets, names and dates provide an insight not otherwise well understood by the public. I also wonder who paid the high priced defense attorney since this case could have been pleaded down to a weekend in jail on a misdemeanor charge (less than $100.)

An alternative theory is being explored and that is one of serial killers. There is no solid evidence for that theory except that some 5,200 tips/leads poured in and supposedly all were found to be bogus. Assuming that is true then one must take the advice of Sherlock Holmes -- “When you eliminate all other possibilities, what remains, no matter how improbable, is the answer." Therefore it can't be ruled out. There was a similar vanishing down I44 in Oklahoma prior to the Springfield women case. I am reminded of the famous "Dungeons and Dragons" murders and wonder if this might be patterned on that case.

Having said that, until the most obvious motive is cleared up, the second theory will have to be put on the back burner. There is some evidence something is going on within the SPD right now and perhaps something good will shortly happen. One can only hope so since justice has been denied for these many years.

KYTV in Springfield will be airing a segment on this case this evening 2/22/07 om the 10pm CST, segment. Adding that new information has come to light. Not sure what it is and whether KY3 will link the video but here is the site:

http://www.ky3.com/

raisincharlie said:
KYTV in Springfield will be airing a segment on this case this evening 2/22/07 om the 10pm CST, segment. Adding that new information has come to light. Not sure what it is and whether KY3 will link the video but here is the site:

http://www.ky3.com/

I just have to say this... "All hands brace for impact!" :-)

Ken

I will be going back to the website hoping to find a link to this story. Obviously Ken has some insight to it so I can only assume it has something to do with the ground penetrating radar at Cox South parking garage? The more everyone brags about a certain movie the more I tend to dislike it, and I tend to take these promises of shocking developments in the same light. I do hope this case gets solved, but I doubt they are going to roll out all the answers on the 10 o'clock local news. My feeling, and hopefully I'm wrong, is it's more of these ground readings, which are kinda like the Bible and can be interpreted a different way by ten different people. Not trying to be the negative one here, but the more I get involved in cases like these and read up on them it always seems they are littered with false promises and hope. If I was a family member of these women and this information could definitively tell me what happened and where they were, I wouldn't be on Channel whatever out of Springfield.

Ken, I can appreciate your tenacity and strong belief in these things you and others are using to look into this case. But it never seems to end up as anything solid, and solid evidence is all that closes cases, besides time of course. Anyone who sees this report tonight, please post what it is immediately, I'm curious, but I live too far from Springfield to hear the breaking news. Hopefully it's the lead story and not the closing thought.

Folks, the main thing is still the main thing: Where in the hell are these three women?

miles_draken said:
I will be going back to the website hoping to find a link to this story. Obviously Ken has some insight to it so I can only assume it has something to do with the ground penetrating radar at Cox South parking garage? The more everyone brags about a certain movie the more I tend to dislike it, and I tend to take these promises of shocking developments in the same light. I do hope this case gets solved, but I doubt they are going to roll out all the answers on the 10 o'clock local news. My feeling, and hopefully I'm wrong, is it's more of these ground readings, which are kinda like the Bible and can be interpreted a different way by ten different people. Not trying to be the negative one here, but the more I get involved in cases like these and read up on them it always seems they are littered with false promises and hope. If I was a family member of these women and this information could definitively tell me what happened and where they were, I wouldn't be on Channel whatever out of Springfield.

Ken, I can appreciate your tenacity and strong belief in these things you and others are using to look into this case. But it never seems to end up as anything solid, and solid evidence is all that closes cases, besides time of course. Anyone who sees this report tonight, please post what it is immediately, I'm curious, but I live too far from Springfield to hear the breaking news. Hopefully it's the lead story and not the closing thought.

Folks, the main thing is still the main thing: Where in the hell are these three women?
Personally, I never count my chickens before they hatch. If you are interested in moving this up the food chain, the other site has a petition which you would be welcome to sign. We could use all the help we can get. What think?

Whew! I have been reading like a fiend on this thread, trying with all my might to get caught up and I'm finally here. And it sounds like just in time as there is finally something new about to come out. I will be checking in here tomorrow morning when I get home from work in hopes that there will be an update as to what transpires tonight. If some kind soul would please post an update I know I for one would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks in advance.

Hoping for justice,
~TCO~

TallCoolOne said:
Whew! I have been reading like a fiend on this thread, trying with all my might to get caught up and I'm finally here. And it sounds like just in time as there is finally something new about to come out. I will be checking in here tomorrow morning when I get home from work in hopes that there will be an update as to what transpires tonight. If some kind soul would please post an update I know I for one would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks in advance.

Hoping for justice,
~TCO~
You might want to get several packages of No-Doze to keep you awake then. The other site has almost 700 entries and we have an on-line petition that is going up the food chain if this doesn't produce results. This case is going to be solved if we have to go all the way to the U.S. Congress and the President. Please feel free to sign the petition there so we can get it going sooner. This is going to end this time around. It turns out that there are more facts than first meet the eye as well as deductable facts to work from. And I can tell everyone here that anyone worth knowing about is getting their chains jerked in Springfield, Missouri. We're going to pull ever harder on that chain until this crime is solved. This was a "contract" killing and this isn't going to go unnoticed or unpunished in the Queen City of Springfield, Missouri. Justice will be served.

That is your impact Ken? I have given u the benefit of the doubt on this stuff and reserved final judgement, but that is absolutely a thin lead, theory, whatever, it's anorexic. Watch the entire interview with Sgt. Mike Owen where he debunks the method and equipment this man is using. Looks like a laptop on a golf club dolly to me. A university expert said this equipment wasn't large enough to be what the individual says it is. Also, there is almost a year time discrepency between the women going missing and the construction of the area in question, according to the Sgt. in the interview.

He basically says this is more psychic leads that give little info but nothing one can use. Sound familiar?? Every psychic out there just happens to get visions like this. Prophets, psychics, Bible codes, it makes for good television, but this is an actual investigation into three once living people. Hope they didn't miss a good lead while searching through this vision.

I was actually expecting more. Ken this was nothing more than what you've been saying for months rolled up into a minute and half news segment. Janis McCall herself says she's heard from hundreds of psychics who tell her the ladies are dead, their alive, but nobody says they are here or there. From now on all psychics should have to attend a Geography class before they can give a vision. "They are near water." "They are in concrete." "They are happier now." Come on. I sure as hell hope I never go missing and the police call one of the psychics lending their vague visions to this case and ask where I'm at.

Sorry if this seems like a bit of a rant, but why would anyone say to get ready for a shocker or whatever. I suppose this feels like validation to a vision, but it's nothing more than a waste of time. There's a reason the police aren't digging up Cox South, and it sure as hell isn't because they are hiding something. Do you think an entire police department could keep a secret about the actual location of these women for fear of being ridiculed because they didn't act sooner or protecting someone?

Lee Harvey shot Kennedy in a Lincoln. Elvis died on the crapper. And that is where this theory belongs, in the crapper. Let's flush this turd before it wastes any more time please.

miles_draken said:
That is your impact Ken? I have given u the benefit of the doubt on this stuff and reserved final judgement, but that is absolutely a thin lead, theory, whatever, it's anorexic. Watch the entire interview with Sgt. Mike Owen where he debunks the method and equipment this man is using. Looks like a laptop on a golf club dolly to me. A university expert said this equipment wasn't large enough to be what the individual says it is. Also, there is almost a year time discrepency between the women going missing and the construction of the area in question, according to the Sgt. in the interview.

He basically says this is more psychic leads that give little info but nothing one can use. Sound familiar?? Every psychic out there just happens to get visions like this. Prophets, psychics, Bible codes, it makes for good television, but this is an actual investigation into three once living people. Hope they didn't miss a good lead while searching through this vision.

I was actually expecting more. Ken this was nothing more than what you've been saying for months rolled up into a minute and half news segment. Janis McCall herself says she's heard from hundreds of psychics who tell her the ladies are dead, their alive, but nobody says they are here or there. From now on all psychics should have to attend a Geography class before they can give a vision. "They are near water." "They are in concrete." "They are happier now." Come on. I sure as hell hope I never go missing and the police call one of the psychics lending their vague visions to this case and ask where I'm at.

Sorry if this seems like a bit of a rant, but why would anyone say to get ready for a shocker or whatever. I suppose this feels like validation to a vision, but it's nothing more than a waste of time. There's a reason the police aren't digging up Cox South, and it sure as hell isn't because they are hiding something. Do you think an entire police department could keep a secret about the actual location of these women for fear of being ridiculed because they didn't act sooner or protecting someone?

Lee Harvey shot Kennedy in a Lincoln. Elvis died on the crapper. And that is where this theory belongs, in the crapper. Let's flush this turd before it wastes any more time please.
I've never been a big fan of this garage theory myself. However, let me relate two things I can speak from personal knowledge so let there be no question as to what I know to be true. This is not hearsay nor is it speculation.

In the original "48 hour" piece, Sgt. David Asher showed the rolodex file of Sherrill Levitt's customers and said that every one of those individuals would be contacted. I believe he estimated them at about 400. It later turned out to be 250 customers. Well, I happened to work with two of those individuals and nothing was ever asked of them by the police. How do I know? Because I asked them. Furthermore, one of those customers had her hair done two days prior to the abductions and there was nothing out of the ordinary about their conversations that would indicate there was anything going on in Sherrill's life. They discussed their respective daughter's upcoming graduations.

The second thing I can speak from personal knowledge is that I saw on the corner of South Jefferson and St. Louis Street sometime in the middle of the fall a van of identical vintage. It was dark blue (appeared to be freshly painted) and the time was about 7:30 AM. I went into the city square and left my wife off for work. Behind me pulled up a Springfield Police cruiser and I motioned him over to the corner where I could report the sighting. I provided the description of the van and the license plate that my wife had written down. He went off in quick pursuit. But the story doesn't end there. It just so happened that I had come into knowledge of a man in another nearby town who had let us say a "checkered past." I was able to obtain two copies of his mug shot; and one of which was personally delivered by myself to the lead investigator on the day I received it in my personal mail. I retained one copy for my records and had it in my desk at work and showed it to an interested co-worker. We discussed the case many times. On the day I saw the van, my co-worker came up to me and said "did you see him?" I said I didn't know what she was talking about. She said it was "him", the photo in the mug shot. Well "him" also matched the description of the so-called transient pictured in the News-Leader shortly after the abduction who appeared near the home and was seen to be out of place. At that point I contacted my long time contact in this other county and said "you'll never believe what happened." She asked me if I had the plate number and I said I did. Bear in mind that I didn't ask for the owner or address but she came back with it in a matter of a couple of minutes. Now thinking it might be useful to the patrol officer to have this information, I immediately contacted the police station and asked to speak to the patrol officer. Instead, the lead investigator came on the phone and asked me to wait a minute while he went to his office. Then the connection was good and quiet. At this point he threatened me in very threatening language that he would have me "fired from my job." I told him I was merely providing him information that I had come in to. He was not interested in listening but continued to threaten my job several times in a most threatening way. I thought I was talking to "Tony Soprano." What does this former detective say today? Well, I am told that he doesn't remember who I am. Well, I was born, but not yesterday.

I ask you. If the Springfield Police Department welcomes leads, why do they employ people who go so far as to threaten a person's employment? I'm in a position not to be "fired" from my job. I'm retired, receiving social security. Had I to do it over I would have marched into the police department and raised holy hell. I nearly contacted internal affairs about this but had an appointment out of town and never followed up until recently with the police department.

Finally, I saw that van again. I saw it in the Springfield City Library. I instantly recognized it as the plates matched. It was dark blue but appeared to have originally been white. It was white on the inside. It is by all accounts a Dodge A-108 long bed van. They are still highly popular and sold today on ebay.

During our discussion over at the other site, the van has been described at various times as being "moss green", "brown", "dark blue" and "dirty white." And according to the K.C. Star a van meeting one of those descriptions was seen at 4:30 AM near the Levitt residence. Since the sunrise was at about 5:53 AM on that morning, twilight was an immediate problem therefore those women had to be subdued and abducted and the perps out of "Dodge" before anyone else could positively identify that van.

That I know from personal fact. Not hearsay. Fact!

Tell me once again why I or anyone else should believe the Springfield Police Department or that they are open to new information.

And I'll also tell you something else. There is a person right now, anxious to talk to the police. They have her telephone number, and her e-mail address and has wanted to relate her story for 15 years. Have they talked to her even one time? The answer is no. Not one time. Fact!

So tell me again why I should believe Officer Owen. I've had a bellyfull of the footdragging and incompetence and I'm like Peter Finch's character in "Network" when I say "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any longer." I suggest everyone else who feels this way take the same attitude and demand this case be solved.

Police corruption is always the popular viewpoint when a case is long unsolved it seems.

miles_draken said:
Police corruption is always the popular viewpoint when a case is long unsolved it seems.
I'm not talking about police corruption here. I'm talking about police incompetence. I think those days are over. And on this score I KNOW what I am talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member