The State Rests in the State v Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they even mention the size/style of the shoe at trial? I can't remember...

ITA. Dragging vs. lifting and having to use upper body strength.

Much easier to drag, especially on a wet tiled surface.

O/T but I just had to say I LOVE both of your avatars. The Addams Family and Carol Burnett - two of my favorite shows ever. :seeya:

exactly what I mean. There was suggestion that she took off her shoes because she didn't want shoe prints so I was telling that poster that they did have a shoe print that was mentioned in evidence.

I do not recall them ever matching it to a shoe though, so I guess it could have even been one of the people who discovered hims shoe print.

bbm. They did not. Unless I missed it. They didn't even mention size/style.

Well my husband thinks I've really gone over the edge. When he walked by the other night and saw Jodi's hooha, he jumped and said what in the hell is that. So I explained what it was. He now just found me quietly laying in the bottom of the shower. I tried to explain that I had to because I didn't think he'd do it for me. He shook his head and closed the curtain.

I don't think Jodi completed the killing of Travis in the time that has been reported. Travis may or may not have been dead in the last picture and it is possible Jodi continued to stab and cut him after that pic was taken. She could have continued just because she wanted to or Travis may have had twitching/seizure like activity that made her think he was still alive. Self defense won't fly unless this jury is really ignorant!

ETA: too bad Jodi didn't take a pic of Travis as she left him in the shower dead. Then we would have a time frame to really work with.

bbm. They did not. Unless I missed it. They didn't even mention size/style.

I believe it was only the heel of a shoe and that they checked the people that discovered Travis that night and none of their shoes tested + for blood. imo

exactly what I mean. There was suggestion that she took off her shoes because she didn't want shoe prints so I was telling that poster that they did have a shoe print that was mentioned in evidence.

I do not recall them ever matching it to a shoe though, so I guess it could have even been one of the people who discovered hims shoe print.

LE would have taken impressions of everyone's shoes who were in that bathroom, along with the roommates. This is evidence because it does not match anyone else's shoe. Just as the gun, the knife and her clothes are missing this shoe matches no one else. I'd be interested to know what size shoe it could be. jmo

I am very comfortable agreeing with the ME Kevin Horn. He made perfect sense to me in his expert opinion of which came first and it was the stab wound to the heart followed by more stab wounds........slitting the throat where it shows the largest pool of blood and then shooting him in the head around the area the casing was in...... before she drug him into the shower to leave his body.

He clearly says the stab to the heart was first (although he stated he would have died if he had not received help) but it would allow him to still be ambulatory. He also said the head shot or the slitting of the throat would have incapacitated him quickly.

I dont think Jodi Arias has told the truth among the lies other than mentioning he was shot. She knew his worst wounds were due to her slaughtering him with a knife so she simply removes that from her ficticious story because even she has realized that is the most viscious part during Flores questioning her. She takes cues from him, imo. She wants to make it seem like she was more humane by shooting him in the head. There is absolutely nothing humane about Jodi Arias. Psychopaths love to toy with their victims and watch them suffer. They make great Black Widow murderers. Shooting him in the head first wouldnt give her any satisfaction. She wanted to experience the thrill of seeing the terror in his eyes or the begging he did if he begged her not to do it and she wanted him to know she controlled his destiny. She loved every stabbing moment, imo.

The ME testified there was little blood found around the gunshot wound. The reason is by then due to the stab wounds and slit throat.... which was so horrendous that it almost decapitated him... had left him quickly bleeding to death. His blood pressure would drop drastically and there would be no blood pumping to his brain/head through the artieries she had completely severed. If the gunshot was the first to be done .........the head is known to bleed profusely even a small cut. Here he would have the high impact of a bullet exploding through his forehead and inside of his head and the bullet enters at a very high rate of velosity. The direction of the bullet depends on what it hits inside the brain cavity until it come to rest in his left cheek bone. Imo it went in and into the brain changing directions by what it was hitting.

The ME said the shot to the head would have rendered him unconscious quickly so therefore he would have been unable to defend himself and he would have had no defensive wounds. Hit men use to use a .22 handgun to execute people and a .25 is a little more powerful. So it has and can kill someone. But in this case I think Travis was very close to death and it may have been immediately after death and that also would explain why little blood was found.

But most of all the bullet casing tells the full story. It is clean as a whistle except where it landed in a pool of Travis' already spilled blood. That shows he was shot in that proximity of the casing with the gun ejecting the casing 3-5 feet away from where she held the gun when fired.

imo

I haven't see a good clear pic of the neck wound, but did read somewhere a few days ago that the cut wasn't with clean sharp edges, but that it was scalloped and ragged. Is there a pic of this somewhere? Thanks

Well my husband thinks I've really gone over the edge. When he walked by the other night and saw Jodi's hooha, he jumped and said what in the hell is that. So I explained what it was. He now just found me quietly laying in the bottom of the shower. I tried to explain that I had to because I didn't think he'd do it for me. He shook his head and closed the curtain.

My hubby was SO glad when the whole Casey Anthony thing was done. Now I'm getting lots of eye rolls, and he watches TV in the bedroom because I'm all of a sudden back to watching JVM and NG. BTW, he refused to let me try and drag him down the hall after his shower. Men, no sense of humor :floorlaugh:

also, remember how vague she was? she couldn't describe them. she didn't know what they were discussing---didn't hear that much. she didn't see that much of travis's death. it was ludicrous.

also, let's say she left and didn't say anything to protect her family. yeah, right, i know. but say she did.

does that also mean she had to act so damn happy and nonchalant around everyone she encountered? go rub herself all over her new BF?

she's not half as smart as she thinks she is.

First let me say I think she is guilty and that she did this completely void of self defense BUT I think it is hard to say what anyone would do in that situation because most people would never be in that situation. A DV psychologist will attest to this in court I am sure.

I expect most of her behavior to be explained in much the way that she explained it on her interview.

"I think there was a naive belief that I could pretend like it didn't really happen."

It would not shock me as well for the defense to say she is still struggling to remember because it was so traumatic and she has so much guilt and that she painted pictures of good and evil with the ninja story because she didn't want to have to admit to herself that Travis had tried to kill her and that she HAD TO take such extreme measures.

we already know that they will say she didn't tell the truth because she was trying to protect Travis' image as she supposedly did in her relationship. (we know this because her attorney tried to get Flores to say it during a cross)

BBM

Very very good point.

Somebody who knew that there wouldn't be a person coming home and walking through the door.

Newbie here, but could she have done the first load of laundry (sheets) right after their sex romp? Can't remember how much time was between the icky shots and the shower shots. Those could have been put in much earlier, and washed while she was murdering him.
Then after the deed, just 5 min to put the sheets in the dryer, camera and new stuff in the washer and go.
That sheet set had to be raunchy, so why not take care of it right away?

LE would have taken impressions of everyone's shoes who were in that bathroom, along with the roommates. This is evidence because it does not match anyone else's shoe. Just as the gun, the knife and her clothes are missing this shoe matches no one else. I'd be interested to know what size shoe it could be. jmo

You and me both.

I too completely agree with Dr. Horne that Travis was shot last as there was no evidence of massive bleeding in the brain which I think would have shown up as a blackened fluid (degrading clot). She stabbed him while he was mobile, cut his throat when she had the upper hand, then shot him when she knew for sure he couldn't fight back.

Would be curious how much work it took to almost decapitate Travis? This is a very deep cut through muscle tendons, cartilage. I don't think it was one quick swipe with the knife. It is possible that when Jodi was dragging Travis, she hadn't quite completed the cut through the neck. We know when the first pic was taken and the last pic, but that doesn't confirm at what point Jodi was finished with him.

I keep thinking this too. She did not have a lot of time to do this and from what I have been able to ascertain the cuts were not choppy but mainly very clean, so I would guess that she had something very very sharp (something sharp as a box cutter or a straight razor but it had to have a tip for the other stab wounds).

Newbie here, but could she have done the first load of laundry (sheets) right after their sex romp? Can't remember how much time was between the icky shots and the shower shots. Those could have been put in much earlier, and washed while she was murdering him.
Then after the deed, just 5 min to put the sheets in the dryer, camera and new stuff in the washer and go.
That sheet set had to be raunchy, so why not take care of it right away?

she may have volunteered to throw it in while he hopped in the shower and possibly grabbed a knife at that point?

I haven't see a good clear pic of the neck wound, but did read somewhere a few days ago that the cut wasn't with clean sharp edges, but that it was scalloped and ragged. Is there a pic of this somewhere? Thanks

you can see the neck wound on huffington post. if you put in her name, a link will come up to crime scene photos. the neck wound is enormous.

There was but that link was taken down or set to private. I have seen AR photos of slashed throats before but nothing like Travis' wound. In the photo I saw they had his chin tilted back and you could actually see into his mouth and down his throat through the wound. It is the most horrible picture I have seen. She literally almost decapitated this young man.:(

I have not been following this trial very closely because I have just been straight out.
Ionly saw a few pictures on TV and not the neck wound. I find it amazing that she was able to overpower him so I will assume her first blow eight knife or gun was crucual.
And why did she drag him all over the house, that I did see on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasApril87