The State Rests in the State v Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have decided it doesn't really matter to me which was first.

She was prepared.

I am much more interested in how the defense (and JA too IMO) seemed very interested when the investigator said he thought the gun shot was first.
I'm afraid they will try to use that in some way to say she only had it for protection... and he attacked her. All the rest was due to fear and panic.
My prediction: the defense will state the gunshot was first and that Travis was quickly rendered unconscious as a result. (They already have the testimony available to twist.) It will nullify the aggravating factor the state is claiming in seeking the death penalty.

It's a win-win. Self defense and mitigating the death penalty standard in one swift blow. :furious:

I read in the comment section of Headline News (I think) where someone claimed that there was no gunshot residue (not sure that's the correct term) in JA's bloody palm print. Their point being that she couldn't have been the one to fire the gun.

I'm not buying but damn it would explain the DT's fight to get the gun shot first.

Seems like she could have shot with the other hand.

My prediction: the defense will state the gunshot was first and that Travis was quickly rendered unconscious as a result. (They already have the testimony available to twist.) It will nullify the aggravating factor the state is claiming in seeking the death penalty.

It's a win-win. Self defense and mitigating the death penalty standard in one swift blow. :furious:

Good luck to them! How did the hand defensive wounds get there and blood splatter in the hallway...she'd also have to drag him around just for kicks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<mod snip>

Welcome all newbies, glad to see you post with us. We appreciate all opinions and ideas because it gives us other insight that we might not of noticed before.

Take a breath and walk it off. Don't be suckered into namecalling. It will cost you your privileged of posting on Websleuths, not them.

We debate our different opinions, and we can chose to dismiss or ignore those that push buttons. Internet discussion forums are not for everyone. So, please keep posting along with us. If anyone is banned let it be the other person.

You're good!!!!!!!!! Does anyone know if its her left or right handprint? TIA

It's her left palm print. When Detective Flores told her it was her left palm print she turned that hand up and looked at it, I could have sworn she was going to whine "but I don't HAVE a left palm!"

Good luck to them! How did the hand defensive wounds get there and blood splatter in the hallway...she'd also have to drag him around just for kicks

Sorry to quote myself but I almost forgot, that Would also mean she sliced the throat of a helpless defenseless man

I have decided it doesn't really matter to me which was first.

She was prepared.

I am much more interested in how the defense (and JA too IMO) seemed very interested when the investigator said he thought the gun shot was first.
I'm afraid they will try to use that in some way to say she only had it for protection... and he attacked her. All the rest was due to fear and panic.

She has pictures of him sitting on the shower floor and he was shot in a downwards motion so how can they make sense he was shot first in the shower and she felt threatened. He was behind a glass door and she was fully clothed, could have run out the front door at any time. She could have shot him in the leg to keep him from chasing her but a bullet to the temple while he is down, that's aiming to kill. It will be a real stretch to believe that. He did threaten her life. He threatened to take away what she felt was rightfully her's. His house, his car, his life, his money, their travel plans. She even took over his computer, had his ATM password. Her life was indeed ending but never was it a death situation for her. She kept him from moving on.

They had a list of "A thousand things to see before we die." Cancun was on that list. He cut her from the trip so she felt justified to cut him out of her life and everyone else's for that matter. He was never going to Cancun without her. jmo

Seems like she could have shot with the other hand.

Or the handprint was made before the gunshot. I never saw any mention of blowback from the gunshot but then again Jodi did clean up some and do the laundry.

I think it would be a mistake for the defense to open up the whole can of worms regarding the sequence of gun, knife, knife or knife, knife, gun. Anyone else? Please don't confuse this with duck, duck, goose. lol

Left I think. But with all the contact, switching to the knife, dragging his bloody body, etc, I can't believe the absence of gunshot residue means anything.

Did you say someone doesn't think she shot the gun? Who did? Did he shoot himself in the head? Or did I read that wrong?

I was in court the day the forensics woman testified about the palm print and I'm about 99% sure she said it was the left. I think I was there on the afternoon of the 8th but if I'm wrong on the date, I'm positive it was the same day as Ryan Burns testified.

eta: I'm going to revise and say pretty sure, then look at the vid again. I would have been very sure prior to all of the discussion of left and right-handednes wrt cameras, but I fear I may be conflating those discussions with the testimony at this point. I didn't appreciate the significance of left and right handedness when I heard the testimony.

Or the handprint was made before the gunshot. I never saw any mention of blowback from the gunshot but then again Jodi did clean up some and do the laundry.

I think what the HLN poster was suggesting was residue ON HER HAND would have been transferred to the wall.

If there is a mistrial... And she's retried... The defense can change their strategy, correct?

Left I think. But with all the contact, switching to the knife, dragging his bloody body, etc, I can't believe the absence of gunshot residue means anything.

Did you say someone doesn't think she shot the gun? Who did? Did he shoot himself in the head? Or did I read that wrong?

Yep. LOL That's the way I read it. She didn't shoot the gun.

You remember the magic bullet from JFK? Well here's another one. No gun shot required.

I don't believe we've seen ALL the pics.

That might be a blessing!! I dont think I could stand seeing any more of her 'lady garden' LOL I cant remember who called it that... I almost spit my drink when I saw it termed that. ROFL!!

BritsKate,
I'm trying to understand how JA shooting Travis first, and then stabbing and slitting his throat would help the defense. What am I missing? Why would she stab him after shooting? The stabbing couldn't possibly be self defense, since I'm sure she could have gotten away from him after the shooting. I feel like a dummy, but I just don't understand how it would help. :banghead: BTW, I just want to mention that I do not, in any way, believe it was self defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member