The State Rests in the State v Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Jodi's relatives sit in court and watch the jurors for any misconduct...:sigh:

Isn't her name Jodi Ann Arias??

Its her mom doing her very best Cindy Anthony impersonation. It's early....there will be more to come! IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its her mom doing her very best Cindy Anthony impersonation. It's early....there will be more to come! IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I deleted my post when I realized it was possibly a family member.

The jurors were brought into judges chambers and questioned individually after the claim of juror misconduct by Sandy Arias. The following is the copy of what is in the minutes.

1:31 p.m. Court reconvenes with Defendant and respective counsel all present in
Chambers.
Court Reporter, Barbara Stockford, is present.
Case agent, Detective Flores, is present.
Sandy Arias is present and informs the Court she was told information regarding possible
juror misconduct. Sandy Arias leaves Chambers.
Discussion is held as stated on the record. Each Juror will be brought in individually and
questioned.

What happened between 5:25:00 and 5:29:20..... 4 minutes!!! Strange....

I wondered the same thing. Maybe that's when she acted like she was leaving but actually went and got the knife?
Just a thought...

Maybe none. I'm hearing the questions from the jury today and they defy logic since jodi's defense team admitted that she killed Travis in the opening statement. The questions seem to ponder whether jodi acted alone or whether she did it at all (roommates' alibi's, fiber testing, etc.).

That concerns me. Anyone else?
:waiting: Ya know...some of us (me, me, me) were attempting to lull ourselves into a (false) sense of security until a certain verified attorney came along to burst our bubble. :biggrin:

I keep telling myself they're just being thorough - it's a capital case, yada, yada, yada but it still doesn't fit my brand of logic. She admits to killing him so how does anything extraneous even matter to them? Like you, I have just seen way too many 'pretty' petite women get a vastly reduced sentence (if any at all) so I am uneasy.

I think I'll continue to be until I hear a guilty verdict. This isn't to detract from the bang up job I believe Martinez has done either - sometimes, and it seems especially so when the defendant looks a certain type - the jury is seeing a totally different trial altogether. That too defies logic. ;)

:waiting: Ya know...some of us (me, me, me) were attempting to lull ourselves into a (false) sense of security until a certain verified attorney came along to burst our bubble. :biggrin:

I keep telling myself they're just being thorough - it's a capital case, yada, yada, yada but it still doesn't fit my brand of logic. She admits to killing him so how does anything extraneous even matter to them? Like you, I have just seen way too many 'pretty' petite women get a vastly reduced sentence (if any at all) so I am uneasy.

I think I'll continue to be until I hear a guilty verdict. This isn't to detract from the bang up job I believe Martinez has done either - sometimes, and it seems especially so when the defendant looks a certain type - the jury is seeing a totally different trial altogether. That too defies logic. ;)

Yes it does. I'm very afraid we'll have another KC verdict.

Well I think that the questions the jurors asked seemed to me to be wanting to eliminate anyone else being there at the crime scene. I know I know I know that this is not an argument, but, once they know this for sure they can wrap their heads around the fact that she did all this damage alone. And like many posters have stated, the PA can have a field day now with the defenses turn.

I was just checking out TA's myspace page and wondered if his final video posts sent her over the edge. He mentions Vegas as Eddie Shnell with a reference to *advertiser censored* (maybe a jab at JA) and a STD.

...he also mentions in his "who he would like to meet" section,that he would like to meet really anybody except for "*advertiser censored*",they're a dime a dozen.I also watched the "picture perfect" documentary for the first time today and I was pretty shocked how his friends sat him down and told him Jodi was not welcomed at their place anymore simply because she was affectionate with him.IMO at that point he should have stood by her instead he took the relationship underground meanwhile looking for girls that are marriage material and not "*advertiser censored*".I do understand Jodi's pain,I wished she would have been strong enough just to walk away but instead she became more obsessed and it turned into the horror we all know about.
I don't think there's anyway the defense has a chance with that ridiculous self defense.Anyone should see that she was not defending herself.As far as was the knife or the gun first,IMO definetely the stab in the heart since that's where she was hurt herself.I think her saying "if" she would have killed Travis she would have shot him until he was dead speaks volumes because I believe she kept stabbing him and he was still alive and at some point she probably realized how horrific that is and how much faster it would have been had she shot him first.
She will be convicted.I HOPE !!!!!! Please,not another Casey Anthony ,I crinch if I imagine both of them desire to have children,Casey an "irish" kid and Jodi a little boy named "Alexander".......:(

hmmm so there were people that were supposed to testify and were called abrubtly today, saying they didn't need to come. Something just seems odd about this.

I'm so far behind! Darn, I actually slept through most of this thread!

I do have a theory about why the prosecution rested so suddenly:

I heard on TV last night that Martinez still had witnesses to call when he rested his case. His frustration with Ms. Ude’s testimony was very obvious. I have a feeling that, on the stand, she answered very differently when questioned in court than she had in her pre-trial interviews. That’s why Martinez threw a fit and showed her the pictures.

At that point, he couldn’t count on the witnesses he was going to call and shut the case down. I’m wondering if she DID notice that there were no car mats and that there were stains on the seats. Martinez is not the sort of prosecutor who would ask questions where he didn’t know the answers would reflect negatively on the defendant.

So, after that, he made the quick decision he had done enough in his CIC. He still has the opportunity to cross the defense witnesses and ask all those leading questions. He has a chance to put on a rebuttal.

The defense does have to put on a case. I mentioned it on the last thread. They have very little testimony through cross concerning abuse. If they stay with the abuse story, there has to be testimony.

If they change the story, in spite of the very strong opening by Ms. Willmott (reminded me a bit of Baez' opening), there will have to be a TON of credible testimony for a new theory. Though the jury can't take the defense opening as evidence, they certainly remember what she said!

I am putting my faith in Mr. Martinez' considerable expertise in conducting trials. He's ruthless when he believes in his case.

Good Morning Everyone!:seeya:

I see some are still worried about the outcome of this case. I understand that due to other women getting off or getting very little time in comparison to same like crimes males do but I am still very optimistic.

I have been reading about some of DA Martinez cases and the more I read the more I am assured that Travis is going to get the justice he so richly deserves. It seems Mr. Martinez is well known for being his best when in the defense's CIC. He has won cases that people didnt think he could win against powerful defense attorneys and Im sorry but Mr. Numbi isnt one of them, imo. Defense attorneys fear and dislike Martinez because he gives it his all. He is tenacious and like a pitbill when it comes to getting justice for the victims he is the voice for.

In his CA he should put this quote below from the interview up on a large elmo for the jury to see. It speaks volumes imo.

Flores said to her, "one thing I know is that if Travis never met you, he would still be alive" and she immediately said "that's true."

IMO

I know this is terribly OT, but I saw awhile back some thing on here that had a link that was like a kind of "recommend Websleuths" link that I could use to direct people to check out this site? I don't remember where I saw it or exactly what it was, so could someone help me out please? TIA :)

P.S Also, is it alright to put that link in my twitter bio?

I agree Ocean :seeya: The best of Martinez and the Case is yet to come. I am confident there will be a conviction. I'm just not sure if it will be LWOP or DP. I can live with either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro