The State Rests in the State v Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was always pro death penalty until I started to read about Texas "justice" and how there were some, on death row, who were later exonerated. Cadaver dogs, led astray by their owners...Todd Willingham...you probably know what I am talking about. Not so sure about the death penalty now.

Hi, Sulamith. I still oppose the death penalty because of such abuses, but also for other reasons. Frankly, in this case, I think that it would be easier for a self-righteous person like Jodi to go to execution than to go through the numbness and ignominy of day after day, week after week, months after month, year after year, decade after decade incarceration. I think that she already looks much more weathered than she did during her first, self-confident television interviews--and let's face it, for her, things are not going to get any better.

slide_272314_1933710_free.jpg

She's holding the camera in her left hand... it looks as if this camera (I assume is hers) is for a lefty? Anyone else notice that in this pic?

As far as I know there isn't a "lefty" specific camera. I'm a lefty and my camera is a "righty". :)

HTH

Hi, DGFred. All of her defense scenarios have been very improvised, each fashioned to explain what she thought the police knew at that juncture. Her Ninja Attack story was cooked up (overnight, as I remember) when her interviewer surprised her with the show photographs and bloody palm print. To me, she seems to be going strong until she gets to questions about why the ninjas let her survive. At that point, her story dissolves into almost funny implausibility as tells the cop that she packed up her stuff (!!!) and left the house, with the love of her life dying in another room.

also, remember how vague she was? she couldn't describe them. she didn't know what they were discussing---didn't hear that much. she didn't see that much of travis's death. it was ludicrous.

also, let's say she left and didn't say anything to protect her family. yeah, right, i know. but say she did.

does that also mean she had to act so damn happy and nonchalant around everyone she encountered? go rub herself all over her new BF?

she's not half as smart as she thinks she is.

The whole idea of self-defense is just laughable to me. They did not live together. She went to his house. She moved close to him. If he suddenly turned dangerous, couldn't she have left while he was showering? I don't buy for a second that he was abusive towards her or a threat to her safety at any point. She showed up to kill him.

And seriously, how many ninja killers do laundry?

I just don't see her frantic enough with the stabbing to hurt herself.
Seems more to me he would have been struggling or trying to get away that caused her to injure her hands.

The movement to the sink and down the hall doesn't seem to me to be made by someone already shot in the head... with several serious stab wounds.

I just don't know... and it really doesn't matter to me in the end. She was prepared to kill him one way or the other.

The problem for Jodi may have been that he would not die fast enough. Afterall, she had another man waiting for her in Utah and she had to get on the road. jmo

I think she dragged him back to the shower to wash herself off of him. Other than that reason I do not know. It's very odd for people to savagely murder somebody and then move the body for a reason that is not concealment.

Hi, KMouse. Jodi's actions were not always rational (and I am given to understatement). I think that she did it for a combination of reasons, conscious or unconsciousness: Concealment; and washing him off for destruction of her DNA (which apparently worked) and a weird cleansing (water immersion plays an important part in Mormon as well as other faiths and Travis had baptized her.) My sense is that Jodi didn't want to think of herself as committing a crime of hatred or passion; she wanted to view it as a cinematic final execution. (To me, it's not a coincidence that she argued that the ninjas did it.) That sounds weird, but it helps explain her post-slaughter calm.

The whole idea of self-defense is just laughable to me. They did not live together. She went to his house. She moved close to him. If he suddenly turned dangerous, couldn't she have left while he was showering? I don't buy for a second that he was abusive towards her or a threat to her safety at any point. She showed up to kill him.

Did she live with him? I did not think she did as she claims to have moved in with a woman friend in Mesa to be close to Travis. She claims he let her clean his house but that is coming from her. And I do not believe the maid outfit was his idea. So I believe there is a lot of misinformation about their relationship because it is coming directly from Jodi. jmo

The problem for Jodi may have been that he would not die fast enough. Afterall, she had another man waiting for her in Utah and she had to get on the road. jmo

I still think the literal overkill was b/c he didn't die as she expected and was this.close to possibly getting out into the communal part of the house. Can't hide a body behind a closed door if there's a big blood stain in the loft. And unless someone thinks she dragged him down that hall then back to the shower, it seems to me he was trying to head out the door. I'm a "shot-first'er", so I think she didn't expect any screaming, and certainly didn't expect him to try and get away.

I think so too.

one of the comments under the picture says it's a mirror picture and specifically refers to her holding her hand in a way that it reflects the flash up at her face.

But I think many of us just want to know exactly what Travis went through. I really do think her ninja confession gave us the horrible answer: An unexpected shot to the head, moaning and asking for her to go get help, a possible lurch to the sink, stabbing and screaming and jodi telling him to shut up as she kept stabbing him to death.

I wonder if we will 'ever know the real truth' about what really happened. Lets face it... her 'truth' hasn't been the real truth and it may never be.... but, I've been thinking that if she gets the DP or a life sentence... I could see her doing many more interviews... selling her story.

Then again... I thought when CA walked... we might hear what really happened... and so far... nothing.

Anyone find it odd that the 48 Hour Picture Perfect is scheduled to re-air tomorrow... on the same night as the movie "Prosecuting Casey Anthony" is on? I really don't want to watch that movie... but I know I probably will. The rawness of that trial still lingers.

A poster on another JA trial forum found this site about Duct Tape Analogy for Chastity. http://www.reapteam.org/duct-tape
~respectfully snipped for space
It is an exercise on reasons to wait to have sex until marriage.

I could see JA using this exercise with TA!
some thought he looked like he had been
crying. Maybe he was, over the guilt JA had just placed on him
?

We had something like this in Sunday School

What happens if I don't follow G-d's plan and
remain a virgin until marriage?

I have the entire exercise but as far as JA
is concerned it stops after phase one.

♦ Our relationship.

(Place duct tape around the bicep)
:loveyou:
We meet I like you!
Rub the tape to warm it up and press on it,
make it stick well.
:hug:
You and I are bonding...
:crush:
I have a serious connection to you.
we're a couple
I know I have been taught
to "save myself" but, with some prodding,
:blowkiss:
and your procalmations of your love for me
:groucho:
I consent to give you all of myself sexually and emotionally
I expect marriage/long term
relationship with you.
We are "one" I expect the relationship will continue.
I am commited. You however are not.You need space...
:confused:
Suddenly (to me) you decide to break up with me.
I don't want that. I try and convince you not to.
It's over and you move on to the next girl.
:thud:
(quickly tear off the tape)
:eek:It's painful!:tears:

You have really hurt me.

* really more appropriate to discourage young teens from pre marital sex...

I wonder if she was showing him this?
Here is the rest of the full exercise
It leaves a mark.
It will be so hard for me to get over and forget you
yet, slowly I move on...

♦ 2nd relationship. :cheer:
(put the tape back on the same part of the arm)
so after dating for a while, we have sex
not as big of a deal this time.
:slapfight:
Then we break up. (tear off the tape)
Wait this time, it didn't hurt that bad, did it? :notgood:
through the years...

♦ 3rd relationship.
Things get rough :eek:hdear:
(tear off the tape)
♦ 4th ... :)
Again it's not working out, we break up
(tear off the tape) did it hurt? :dunno:
Finally
♦ I meet "the one"
Now,( place the tape on again)
does it even stick? Hold it down tight
warm it up... use a another small piece of tape to
keep the ends together.
Things go well :cloud9:
We get engaged...
:cake:Wedding night!
Honeymoon Consummate marriage...
Newly weds!:woohoo:
Real life, job kids...
Not what we expected...
This was forever right?
:slapfight:
NOPE!
We divorce :thud:
What happened?

Lesson:
G-d's gift-
By reserving sex for marriage means, the wedding night is full of passion~ Encompassing, body,mind, heart, soul and spirit!!!!! A bond that will stand the test of time! A promise given by G-d to me/us meant to be shared with and returned by our spouse. Something we have never experienced with anyone else. A gift that 100% can only be given once.

BY ignored G-d and deciding to have sex before marriage.
I forfeit his promise.
I will never experience the G-d given bonds of marriage.
Even if it happened only once before marriage...
IT can never, be what it could have been.

The bond (adhesive part of tape) has been diminshed-
damaged by what (the tape) left behind and picked up
with relationship#1, some with #2 etc.

The more partners I have,(the more the duct tape is used)
the less possible it is for it to "stick" in the future.​

I know right, how many ninja KILLERS do laundry,:floorlaugh::woohoo:that is a good one,hope they read here and use that statement...

BBM: Let me guess.....one's with maid outfits???

Hi, KMouse. Jodi's actions were not always rational (and I am given to understatement). I think that she did it for a combination of reasons, conscious or unconsciousness: Concealment; and washing him off for destruction of her DNA (which apparently worked) and a weird cleansing (water immersion plays an important part in Mormon as well as other faiths and Travis had baptized her.) My sense is that Jodi didn't want to think of herself as committing a crime of hatred or passion; she wanted to view it as a cinematic final execution. (To me, it's not a coincidence that she argued that the ninjas did it.) That sounds weird, but it helps explain her post-slaughter calm.

I forgot to quote it, but someone else referred to her odd thinking about this crime and it's results. All the references to movies in her interviews, magical thinking about how the only way she is responsible is in a butterfly effect kind of way (you know, not that she actually slaughtered the fella), how she described feeling fine about how he is better off, he'd be laughing about her arrest, she be talking with him soon but not soon enough, how being arrested didn't feel like it was really happening to her but she was viewing it from up above, how life makes you step out of your comfort zone to go through things like being arrested for a horrific murder, how she feels so at peace that it will all work out, how a jury will never convict her, mark her words....

good question: why did she put him in the shower if she thought the shower photos were erased forever.. never to be seen again. (esp with the blood evidence in the hall etc)

The only reason I can come up with for dragging him back to the shower is to wash her blood and hair off of him to avoid getting caught.

I noticed that the defense was implied that the blood on Travis from the "dragging" photo was from the gunshot to the right side of his head. Is that possible?

good question: why did she put him in the shower if she thought the shower photos were erased forever.. never to be seen again. (esp with the blood evidence in the hall etc)

I'm with washing him off. Washing her Dna off of him

I wonder if we will 'ever know the real truth' about what really happened. Lets face it... her 'truth' hasn't been the real truth and it may never be.... but, I've been thinking that if she gets the DP or a life sentence... I could see her doing many more interviews... selling her story.

Then again... I thought when CA walked... we might hear what really happened... and so far... nothing.

Anyone find it odd that the 48 Hour Picture Perfect is scheduled to re-air tomorrow... on the same night as the movie "Prosecuting Casey Anthony" is on? I really don't want to watch that movie... but I know I probably will. The rawness of that trial still lingers.

KC has civil trials coming up. She's on a short leash. jmo

How can she drag him down the hall to the bathroom, but not be able to position him anyway she wanted in the end?

The difference between the distribution of weight? He'd be easier to drag/slide back down the hall. The dead weight of moving him around would be much harder. You'd almost have to be backing into the shower, with her hands under his arms, but you'd be caught between him and the door. So she just shoved him in there the best she could.

The only reason I can come up with for dragging him back to the shower is to wash her blood and hair off of him to avoid getting caught.

I noticed that the defense was implied that the blood on Travis from the "dragging" photo was from the gunshot to the right side of his head. Is that possible?

I think it would be hard to tell, with that much bleeding going on, but it looks to my amateur eyes that the blood over his shoulder is from his neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member