The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what the DT was arguing after Martinez rested in court... Defense wanted the premeditation charge dropped.... thus no death penalty. If I'm correct.... I could be wrong... but I do believe that was the argument her DT presented last.

Thanks. :)

I wasn't able to watch the trial live. I have been depending on recaps and transcripts.

And of course, DH knows and cares next to nothing about this case. He just blurted out what I thought was a really good point!

I truly hope JA dodges NOTHING! :(

I certainly do believe he was totally unaware until he looked into her dead eyes in the next to the last photo.

I think the closet for the linens which is rather large is right across from the shower iirc.

He may have been sitting too in the close up photo but he is oddly sitting in the shower in the last one. He doesnt seem to be sitting erect like he seems to be in the chest up photo. Maybe he turned for some reason to get up and the camera just caught him in action. Its so hard to know what he was doing the second before or after by a still shot which was taken in a nano second of time.

IMO

Hey OB,
Of course I was asking you :seeya: .

There is no reason for him to be sitting IMO. I think she was taking the pics maybe without him knowing up until the face/eyes one. Isn't his big closet right across from the shower? I can't get the exact layout from that one pic... it's too small. Couldn't she be near/in the closet with a little zoom?

If he see's her @ 5:25 pic (no time stamp???) - face/eyes

Next pic is sitting/slumped down @ 5:?? (suppose she walked right up and shot him- he ducked/turned-down/flinched which caused the flight trajectory)

Next pic is ceiling/light @ 5:?? (no time stamp???)

Next pic is her shoe/pants and his bleeding body @ 5:32 !!!

I am starting to think he was shot and slumped down... the gun did jam. He wasn't dead because of flinching right at the shot. She goes to get the knife and he somehow staggers to the sink. That is where the blood sprayed onto the sink area. She comes back and attacks him from behind (multiple grouped stabs in the back area... he goes down or staggers again down the hall. It looks to me that he at least struck the wall in the hallway almost half-way up the wall. Maybe falling down. She finished him off with stabs to his front and the neck wound. Drags him back into the still running shower- stuffs him in and the water washes alot of the blood from the wounds. She might have left it on a bit... the water/blood mark on the box is pretty high up.

Was there a shower door? Her pics don't really look like they go thru anything and I don't see anything in the crime scene pics.

I wish I knew the time stamps of the face/eyes pic, the sitting/slumped pic and the ceiling pic.
They were all in between 5:24 and 5:32 (shoe/body).

They shell might not have ejected immediately or may have been kicked or knocked to that final position. Gun shells are tuff. You already had at least the murderer and a couple more people in the room after death. She could have done anything with the shell. Even wiped it off first and tossed it.
Shells are tricky sometimes.

Did the ME say that the bullet did hit the brain or miss and mainly go through the sinus/jaw?

Hope you and your family are well!

Y'all need to make your pics a little smaller and the posting will not be so difficult.

When they are so big, it takes everything longer to load. It happened on pg 16 too.

Thats why i love my job i can spend days just talking about how the weather is and how is it to be free..but for me im not here to judge...thats why i never say: if someone is guilty or not..for me i listen to people telling me how they raped or slowly killed someone and i must be blank and be <ok> thats my job.i love it..humans are amazing....and each of us are different

The more I have studied abnormal human behavior and the older I get, the less I like human beings and the more I appreciate my family.... And animals.. The furry kind;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During testimony they pointed out the decorative pillows in Travis' bedroom. Makes sense to me.

I once had a pup that chewed up and spit out every tassel on my sofa pillows.

My 3-legged cat Mr Jingles tore off all the little snowballs on our Christmas blanket... then punched them across the floors.

Kind OT here but I highly recommend Small Sacrifices from Ann Rule. It is about the Diane Downs case-the 80's version of Susan Smith. I recommend this (if you are able to not be triggered by it) because of its fascinating portrait of a female psychopath/sociopath whose actions are very similar to both CA and JA. She too used men sexually, was a stalker extreme and highly manipulative, bent on destroying the men whose lives she entered. like CA she claimed abuse from her father-who, oddly enough, runs a large website talking about how she is innocent :screwy: Again I can't recommend this enough if you want to try to gain a better understanding of someone like JA especially.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Obsessed with Lou or Lew, I think his name was, so she had to kill her kids. That book was actually hard to find in my library until someone donated a brand new paperback copy. Thanks for the reminder and comparisons.

The more I have studied abnormal human behavior and the older I get, the less I like human beings and the more I appreciate my family.... And animals.. The furry kind;)

Which is it?

I'm a few minutes behind with my DVR but my blood is boiling watching her...

OMG, I'm just pfssssttttt whatwhatwhat *steam escapes from ears*. I can't believe they're letting her spin this yet again. She can say what she wants; Travis isn't here to defend himself.

"I was on a road trip and Travis called and said I should stop by and it wasn't too far out of my way so..."

WHATWHATWHAT???!!!

How can they let her do this? And don't they understand how many viewers are flipping through the channels, only vaguely paying attention, and none of them are going to get the punch line that must surely be coming at the end of this travesty.... the fact that we all know, that we have the evidence, backed up by the murderess' admission, that every word out of her mouth is a lie? What is wrong with these people (in this case, these people = CBS producers).

I'm going to give Maureen Magher a piece of my mind on Facebook.

I am sooo glad I am not the only person who remembers that icky stuff!

But I really do think it's super weird that his privates are so bright red.

And then the Kool Aid stains? I think I'm pretty street/bedroom savvy, but for pete's sake, it seems like there ought to be a correlation. And yet I cannot think of anything that would cause that bright red weiner. Can I say weiner?

Maybe he was angry at it and smacked it around a bit?

Weeeellllllll...

The gruesome thought occurred to Mr. Knot as I was creating several experiments on our kitchen floor involving maple syrup and rigatoni pasta....

If JA stabbed TA first instead of shooting him, could it throw a wrench in the premeditation charge?

His thought was that if she staged the robbery to get the gun (premeditation) but then got there, had sex, spent hours, and then killed TA not with the gun she fake-stole, but with a knife that arguably came from within Travis' house, would that NOT negate premeditation?

I threw up a little in my mouth. Then thought I'd ask you folks.

If the gunshot really DID come last could this really rule out premeditation , and thus, murder one? :eek:

No way, not IMO

So, reading elsewhere, I saw the argument that if stealing the gun was premeditated, why did she kill him with the knife first? I'm sticking with shot first, so it doesn't matter to me. But for those of you who believe she stabbed first, how do you link the gun theft to premeditation if she used a knife. Afaik, there's no evidence at all about where the knife came from or where it went.

OMG, I'm just pfssssttttt whatwhatwhat *steam escapes from ears*. I can't believe they're letting her spin this yet again. She can say what she wants; Travis isn't here to defend himself.

"I was on a road trip and Travis called and said I should stop by and it wasn't too far out of my way so..."

WHATWHATWHAT???!!!

How can they let her do this? And don't they understand how many viewers are flipping through the channels, only vaguely paying attention, and none of them are going to get the punch line that must surely be coming at the end of this travesty.... the fact that we all know, that we have the evidence, backed up by the murderess' admission, that every word out of her mouth is a lie? What is wrong with these people (in this case, these people = CBS producers).

I'm going to give Maureen Magher a piece of my mind on Facebook.

This is an old interview from a couple of years ago. So she's not spinning it again they're just re-airing for ratings with updates from the trial. But yes it's just as frustrating. :furious:

Weeeellllllll...

The gruesome thought occurred to Mr. Knot as I was creating several experiments on our kitchen floor involving maple syrup and rigatoni pasta....

If JA stabbed TA first instead of shooting him, could it throw a wrench in the premeditation charge?

His thought was that if she staged the robbery to get the gun (premeditation) but then got there, had sex, spent hours, and then killed TA not with the gun she fake-stole, but with a knife that arguably came from within Travis' house, would that NOT negate premeditation?

I threw up a little in my mouth. Then thought I'd ask you folks.

If the gunshot really DID come last could this really rule out premeditation , and thus, murder one? :eek:

gmta...see my post above. That's almost creepy lol

So, reading elsewhere, I saw the argument that if stealing the gun was premeditated, why did she kill him with the knife first? I'm sticking with shot first, so it doesn't matter to me. But for those of you who believe she stabbed first, how do you link the gun theft to premeditation if she used a knife. Afaik, there's no evidence at all about where the knife came from or where it went.

She still stole the gun and she still used it.

I think some of you are confused about what premeditation is (versus pre-planning).

Premeditation can take as little as a few seconds. For instance, if someone is being strangled, that is premeditated murder. Why? Because it takes upwards of 4 minutes for someone to die. In that time the person doing the strangling knows if they continue to cut off the air, the victim will die and the perp is making the decision to continue.

In this case, Jodi knew that stabbing/slashing Travis would kill him and she continued to do so (27+ times). And then she slashed his throat ear-to-ear--she did that on purpose. And she shot him in the head. All acts can be considered premeditation even though the entire span of the murder from start to finish was about 90 seconds. Even if she decided a mere 5 minutes before that she was going to kill him, or even a minute before, she started the attack and kept going, knowing the outcome would result in death. That is premeditated murder.

Pre-planning, by contrast, does not have to be proved in order to prove premeditation. Like preparing a murder kit, obtaining a weapon, making travel plans. Those things are useful to help obtain a conviction, and it is strong circumstantial evidence, but it is very possible for there to be premeditated first degree murder but without evidence of prior pre-planning.

Therefore the State of AZ will be able to easily (IMO) argue this murder is premeditated because of the actions that started and continued. Jodi also pre-planned the crime, which adds to the state's case against her. But even if they had no evidence of pre-planning they still have evidence of premeditation!

Well, if she doesn't use the gun and takes the knife with her... they can't trace it back to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog