The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah. Defense said in opening that she dropped his camera = ceiling pic maybe?
and that was what cause him to 'go off' and attack her.

Defense after looking over evidence for 2 years it seems.

Or maybe she made up the dropped camera story to explain the ceiling photo and use it to her advantage.

I don't see this as a problem at all. She obviously had access to both a gun and a knife. And, she killed him. And, she used both a gun and a knife.

The jury is also going to have a hard time figuring how there was blood everywhere and he had been stabbed a couple of dozen times and almost completely bled out, but the wound from the gun shot barely bled. AND, we have the medical expert saying that absolutely the gun came last. I don't think that the jury will choose to dismiss the medical expert.

I guess we will see.

How do we know how much the gun shot bled if he sat under the shower for 5 or 10 minutes?

Lead investigator says gun shot first.
ME says gun shot last.

She doesn't remember... blacked out, shock, fear, panic and all.

How do we know how much the gun shot bled if he sat under the shower for 5 or 10 minutes?

ME says gun shot last.

The shower would not wash the blood out of the inside of the skull.

ETA: in court Lead investigator said that was what he thought, it was his opinion, not the result of the autopsy.

Like I said many threads ago. Which came first is of no consequence to me if I'm a juror. He's dead, we know she killed him. Was it self defense or not?

As a juror I don't care about his religion, consensual sex, lube, phone sex, anything about their relationship at all. All I want to know is there any evidence of previous physical abuse. Does her self defense claim make any sense at all when viewing the totality of the actual evidence? How did she behave before, during and after? She certainly never appeared scared of him in any of her documented behaviors,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Jodi would have had a good chance of convincing LE with the intruder story if she had not made so many mistakes and quite a name for herself.

Yep... those dang pics. Why didn't she destroy it?

Nope. The jury does not "have" to figure out any of it. The jury only needs to evaluate the evidence, the witness testimony, consider the totality of the evidence, and determine if the killing was done in self-defense or not. That's it. The jury is not to try and construct the crime scene or do experiments or any of the things that folks love to do. To prove first degree murder it doesn't require that the perp bring the weapon(s) or not bring the weapon(s) to the scene. It only requires proving that the perp committed the crime (and here the defense has already said she did it) and that there is no evidence of the killing being done in self-defense. And pictures prove that.

The jury must decide whether there was premeditation for a 1st degree conviction. The prosecution has focused on the theft of the gun (the only weapon involved in the premeditation) and called an LE witness to testify about it, to support the premeditation claim. Yet the prosecution also contends that Travis was killed with a knife and totally concedes that they have no idea where the knife came from - including that it came from the scene. There is serious reasonable doubt, imo, that if I supposedly intend to kill someone with a gun and spend the whole day having sex with them and taking pics of it and end up killing them with a knife that may have been on the scene, that the situation arose from a circumstance I didn't anticipate. If I have a gun -- which I do -- I would use it.

Afaik,she's admitted to killing him (by way of her plea only) but not to premeditation. Which would be completely inconsistent with a defense of self-defense.

AGAIN, I think she shot first and that this stabbed first is mistake on the part of the prosecution. We shall see.

At the beginning of the thread, mods said all opinions were allowed and attacks were not.

MOO.

Not a mod, just trying to keep the thread open! :)

FYI, this is not an attack and certainly not an attack on a poster. I'm asking about the strategy in advising the state to go against their own medical witness. That's the point that was brought up, which I am seeking clarification about from the person who posted.

Not spit up, spit out! Just wet remnants of tassels. Nothing gross like the time my son fed her a box of crayons because he thought she would poop in rainbow colors!

HA! How'd that work out for him? Were they scented crayola crayons?

Ewwwww.

But yes. I see what you mean.

So, ewwww!

I'll take the word if both of you. I can't stomach any of the sex pics again. I've seen far too much of them both already.

Ah. Defense said in opening that she dropped his camera = ceiling pic maybe?
and that was what cause him to 'go off' and attack her.

Defense after looking over evidence for 2 years it seems.

I was surprised to see the ex girlfriend say that they had fights... that was new. No one ever said that Travis was a saint... he was human. I just dont buy what JA said about having bruises on arms, legs and torso. Lie, Lies, and more LIES!

The shower would not wash the blood out of the inside of the skull.

ETA: in court Lead investigator said that was what he thought, it was his opinion, not the result of the autopsy.

Right... but how much blood in the skull if the bullet missed the brain and only traveled thru the sinus and jaw. That spray on the sink came from somewhere.

Isn't a ME's his 'medical opinion'?

ME says gun shot last.

Laundry day does that to me too..... lol

The jury must decide whether there was premeditation for a 1st degree conviction. The prosecution has focused on the theft of the gun (the only weapon involved in the premeditation) and called an LE witness to testify about it, to support the premeditation claim. Yet the prosecution also contends that Travis was killed with a knife and totally concedes that they have no idea where the knife came from - including that it came from the scene. There is serious reasonable doubt, imo, that if I supposedly intend to kill someone with a gun and spend the whole day having sex with them and taking pics of it and end up killing them with a knife that may have been on the scene, that the situation arose from a circumstance I didn't anticipate. If I have a gun -- which I do -- I would use it.

Afaik,she's admitted to killing him (by way of her plea only) but not to premeditation. Which would be completely inconsistent with a defense of self-defense.

AGAIN, I think she shot first and that this stabbed first is mistake on the part of the prosecution. We shall see.

That was my (ahem, my DH's) point. Glad you get our meaning!

I worry about this slam dunk attitude.

I've seen it before.....where.....????

Oh YEAH! Casey Anthony. :(

Ewwwww.

But yes. I see what you mean.

So, ewwww!
Not be be the introducer of grossness here today.. but that is the first thing I noticed in the pic. My earlier post today about his dog poo'ing in the house a lot (per blogger friends of Travis) was met with "that is nasty, imo" reviews.. it is true that the untrained dog stench may be why the roomie (who probably spent very little time there) didn't pick up on the dead body smell.. He probably never smelled a rotting corpse, but was accustomed to coming home to a foul smelling house d/t Napoleon. I am just offering a rational reason to confirm that that the roomie WAS NOT INVOLVED, despite what the defense may try to drum up, or what the jurors may ponder.

She was very lucky to have been holding the gun or knife in her hand huh? Wow! What luck!

Did you notice in the opening statement the defense attorney said Travis got mad and wrestled her to the floor. Okay, so were does the gun come in if she was on the floor?????? And didn't Ryan said he noticed no injuries other than small bandaids covering cuts on her fingers????? jmo

The fact the victim was stabbed/slashed 27+ times, had his throat sliced open ear to ear and was shot in the head legally proves the charge of premeditation. In that 90 seconds Jodi knew she was killing Travis, intended to kill Travis, and kept going to finish the killing, rather than leave him injured but alive. The victim was "overkilled" which is not usually a factor in self-defense, but is often indicative of a rage killing. The perp's actions after the murder, the coverup, the trying to remove evidence from the scene, not reporting the incident, lying repeatedly about it, etc. show consciousness of guilt. In other words, the perp (Jodi) knew she murdered Travis, intended to murder Travis, and then she attempted to cover it up. That is enough to prove first degree (premeditated) murder and is enough to disprove a self-defense killing.

ME says gun shot last.

Where have we seen evidence that he sat under the shower for 5-10 minutes? And, the bleed was within the skull, not outside the skull. Flores said it came first because he was speaking from what SHE had told him and thinking it was a partly a true story. Flores now thinks the gunshot came last. He said that he had originally thought it and that is why he said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BexLuth0r