The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found thaty so brazen that she would say that! The only thought that came to my mind was that she was thnking of Casey Anthony, why?
Because she was guilty as sin too.:furious:

Edit to say "A jury will never find me guilty"

yeah.. and she said it two times with a "mark my words" in between

I don't like that the detective is sitting there at counsel table. Not to mention that he was yawning and looking extremely bored whenever the camera showed him sitting there.

Where I live, it's commonplace for investigators to sit directly behind the prosecutors on the other side of the bar, but that would not include investigators who are going to be called as witnesses in the case. All testifying witnesses are sworn in and then excluded from the courtroom so their testimony is not tainted by what they hear from other witnesses

Arizona is weird!

The Hallelujah song was exactly the inspiration for the username :) One of my all time favorites.

I believe the detective was sitting there because he was not excused and was constantly being called to the stand. Since he was the major investigator for the State's case it would not be unusual for him to be sitting there rather than being asked to wait in the hallway or another room where the other witnesses wait. jmo

I am medical and happened to work Neuro for 8 years. Frontal lobe injuries are different in outcomes...hemorrhagic vs. non-hemorragic. The ME could not conclude. Did not see hemorrhagic. He could not conclude that the GSW came first or after death. Quite a range, eh?

Just wondering, in your 8 years working "neuro" how many living recipients of a bullet to the frontal lobe did you see? Were any of them capable of wrestling? walking? crawling? How many didn't survive?

Have you ever examined a decedents brain after such an injury?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally off topic but Nursebeeme often times when I glance at your header I think to myself, I want to be sipping coffee at the purple rose theatre. It just sounds like a cool place to be and I don't know a thing about it!

I have faith that JA will be properly convicted and that those of us who care about our justice system will feel a little bit better about it afterwards.

Totally off topic but Nursebeeme often times when I glance at your header I think to myself, I want to be sipping coffee at the purple rose theatre. It just sounds like a cool place to be and I don't know a thing about it!

I have faith that JA will be properly convicted and that those of us who care about our justice system will feel a little bit better about it afterwards.

My fingers are crossed!

Maybe a hunting knife, one that could be used to gut a large animal!

I don't understand something.... I so wish they or someone else would get a styrofoam head or something and insert a stick into the entrance wound and have it end up where the bullet is lodged. Cause I am curious.

I'd do it myself, but I don't have a head handy ...all the ones here are being used;)

It is Jeff Daniel's theatre and is totally awesome!!!! I just saw his latest piece last week.

The theatre is named the purple rose after his role in "the purple rose of cairo".

Very cool theatre if you are ever in the area.

(sorry for the off topic hahaha)

I sure hope I will feel good about the justice system when this trial is all over.

I will never be able to have certainty in my feelings after the CA verdict.
(that and OJ forever changed me)

here is another funny hahahaha thing I thought of this morning:

1) glove was too small for OJ (right)
2) Arias claims one pair of her matching murder pants were TOO SMALL (right)

I have seen both of JAs hands and fingers.

I see no finger that looks like it has ever been broken.

:waitasec:

As I recall, that is the exact finger she says T broke during one of his abuse session earlier, but refused to go to the hospital. She says it was a life long injury because it would interfere with her two passions - art and photography.
So in one story T did it, the other, the ninjas did.
Lord, that lady is a piece of work.

MOO

There's no evidence that she brought a knife. None. They have no idea where the knife came from. That's my entire point. If she had a gun that was stolen for the purpose of killing him, yet she didn't use the gun, but a knife, the prosecutor's premeditation theory, i.e., that she stole the gun to kill travis, is out the window. Speaking purely from an evidentiary perspective and stating AGAIN, that I think she shot first and DID steal the gun for the purpose of killing him if it came to that and DID try to kill him with the gun that she brought for that purpose. Which is why I think the ME's testimony hurts more than it helps, especially since it's not rock solid due to the brain decomp. jmo

If you reread the ME's testimony he is 100% certain it went through the front lobe and would have done damage because it is a bullet fired from at least two foot or more away. What he said he wasn't 100% sure of was the amount of damage because there was no evidence of the amount of hemmorage within the brain because of the decomposition. He was certain that when TA was shot there would have been little to no movement by TA because of the shock to his brain. It's in his testimony. We are not on the jury but he was very convincing. As a juror considering the path of the bullet I can't see how they could ever come to the conclusion that TA was a threat to her whether he was shot first or last unless she was standing on a ladder. And as a juror I would be focused on the neck wound not the gunshot.

I think the defense is trying to draw the attention away from the neck wound by creating controversy over the gunshot coming first or last. It's that neck wound that will decide her fate. Even if he crawled down the hall and blocked her way the closet door was open and she could have easily escaped the room from there as it exits on the bedroom side.

If I were a juror I'd be saying why is this an issue. It's a case of overkill. Her actions before and after just prove she planned to kill him and wanted him to suffer. jmo

For all of you duct tape peeps.
Here is an article another site put out to explain the duct tape on his arm.
I've never heard of this type of thing before, but maybe I'm just out of the loop on the "Do not remove the duct tape until you describe the break-up of the relationship" sort of thing.

http://www.reapteam.org/duct-tape

As I recall, that is the exact finger she says T broke during one of his abuse session earlier, but refused to go to the hospital. She says it was a life long injury because it would interfere with her two passions - art and photography.
So in one story T did it, the other, the ninjas did.
Lord, that lady is a piece of work.

MOO

Her art work is perfect. Clearly if her finger were ever broken it did not harm her. Plus if she did not go to the hospital there is no proof it ever happened. Just another story to add to the rest. jmo

**I think her artwork stinks**

(but her finger works fine)

:moo: of course

Why is the lead detective sitting at counsel table? That is something I have never seen before and think it's odd.

Sorry, I'm just seeing this now. I don't know. I've never sat through a capitol case in AZ, so I don't know whether it's unusual or not. Honestly, at the risk of continuing to sound like a negative Nellie, I think it's not a great idea. I think it makes it look like LE and the prosecutor are in cahoots possibly a little more than they should be. And especially if there's any hint that the investigation was possibly a little too laser-focused on Jodi.

I realize that's irrelevant to the case at an intellectual level, but the jury's perception could be subtly influenced.

If you reread the ME's testimony he is 100% certain it went through the front lobe and would have done damage because it is a bullet fired from at least two foot or more away. What he said he wasn't 100% sure of was the amount of damage because there was no evidence of the amount of hemmorage within the brain because of the decomposition. He was certain that when TA was shot there would have been little to no movement by TA because of the shock to his brain. It's in his testimony. We are not on the jury but he was very convincing. As a juror considering the path of the bullet I can't see how they could ever come to the conclusion that TA was a threat to her whether he was shot first or last unless she was standing on a ladder. And as a juror I would be focused on the neck wound not the gunshot.

I think the defense is trying to draw the attention away from the neck wound by creating controversy over the gunshot coming first or last. It's that neck wound that will decide her fate. Even if he crawled down the hall and blocked her way the closet door was open and she could have easily escaped the room from there as it exits on the bedroom side.

If I were a juror I'd be saying why is this an issue. It's a case of overkill. Her actions before and after just prove she planned to kill him and wanted him to suffer. jmo

Agreed. She could have left as he was bleeding over the sink regardless of which wound was first. We know he was standing up and over the sink. A threat to no one at that point.

I don't see this as a problem at all. She obviously had access to both a gun and a knife. And, she killed him. And, she used both a gun and a knife.

The jury is also going to have a hard time figuring how there was blood everywhere and he had been stabbed a couple of dozen times and almost completely bled out, but the wound from the gun shot barely bled, of they choose to think he was shot first. AND, we have the medical expert saying that absolutely the gun came last. I don't think that the jury will choose to dismiss the medical expert.

I guess we will see.

Is it possible that she did shoot him first, say when he was seated in the shower, and that he was unconscious for a while? Her gun jammed so she only gets off one shot. But he's taking too long to die so she knifes him in the chest which bled profusely and washed conveniently down the shower. She sits/leans on the sink trying to figure out what to do next. He wakes up after a few minutes and runs toward her. He is weak, confused, and probably with diminished eyesight (at least in the right eye). She easily evades him. He is unsteady and leans on the sink and coughs out the blood spray. She gets behind him and sets about the business of giving him the remaining 26 stab wounds, which continues as he crawls down the hall. He finally collapses at the end of the hall but still manages to scream for help. At this point she's in a state of frenzy, fury and adrenalin. She cuts his throat to shut him up and end the crisis. Then back to the shower to wash him off.

So what looks like overkill in retrospect isn't. She wanted to shoot him dead in the shower but her gun jammed and he wasn't dying from the one shot. She thought the chest stab was just insurance to finish the job. But he wakes up and she does what she needs to do to finish the job. The whole scene from when he wakes up to her cutting his throat takes less than 30 seconds.

Sorry, I'm just seeing this now. I don't know. I've never sat through a capitol case in AZ, so I don't know whether it's unusual or not. Honestly, at the risk of continuing to sound like a negative Nellie, I think it's not a great idea. I think it makes it look like LE and the prosecutor are in cahoots possibly a little more than they should be. And especially if there's any hint that the investigation was possibly a little too laser-focused on Jodi.

I realize that's irrelevant to the case at an intellectual level, but the jury's perception could be subtly influenced.

he was sitting there waiting to go up to the stand in between witnesses, I believe. I haven't seen him sitting there the entire time but I could be wrong.

Is it possible that she did shoot him first, say when he was seated in the shower, and that he was unconscious for a while? Her gun jammed so she only gets off one shot. But he's taking too long to die so she knifes him in the chest which bled profusely and washed conveniently down the shower. She sits/leans on the sink trying to figure out what to do next. He wakes up after a few minutes and runs toward her. He is weak, confused, and probably with diminished eyesight (at least in the right eye). She easily evades him. He is unsteady and leans on the sink and coughs out the blood spray. She gets behind him and sets about the business of giving him the remaining 26 stab wounds, which continues as he crawls down the hall. He finally collapses at the end of the hall but still manages to scream for help. At this point she's in a state of frenzy, fury and adrenalin. She cuts his throat to shut him up and end the crisis. Then back to the shower to wash him off.

So what looks like overkill in retrospect isn't. She wanted to shoot him dead in the shower but her gun jammed and he wasn't dying from the one shot. She thought the chest stab was just insurance to finish the job. But he wakes up and she does what she needs to do to finish the job. The whole scene from when he wakes up to her cutting his throat takes less than 30 seconds.
bbm: I disagree with what I bolded

If she was "defending" herself that does not equate to killing a man three times over.

I think the ME said he weighed 189 and was 5'9' iirc.

He doesnt look like he weighs that much in the shower photos or even the ones of him on the bed, imo.

Perhaps that is how much he weighed after being bloated for 5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renasalazar