The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that was classic! Also when she asked if she could see the photos, obviously so she could tailor her story to fit the evidence police had.

I mean, I've seen a lot of psychopaths, and I still find her behavior in parts of this interview as atypical. Even when psychopaths are trapped and cornered, they still usually exhibit a very brazen defiance and don't cycle through totally different behavior styles in a matter of minutes like she did. Compare Casey Anthony when she was painted into a corner -- leading detectives down a hallway at Universal to an office she didn't have; I mean, you can't lie any more boldly than that! Yet, when confronted she did not miss a beat, didn't change demeanor, didn't change her story at all and seemed totally unaffected at being caught in such phenomenal lies and being accused of killing her kid. To me, Casey behaved like a textbook psychopath. Jodi seems different to me.

That's not to say Jodi is not a psychopath, but I think there's a whole lot more going on inside that girl.

Has the State had a Psych expert examine her? Will they? I can't imagine they wouldn't considering the nature of this defense...??

PS. I appreciate your observations...are you in the Psych field?

Has the State had a Psych expert examine her? Will they? I can't imagine they wouldn't considering the nature of this defense...??

PS. I appreciate your observations...are you in the Psych field?

No, I am in no way a psych expert, so these are simply my observations based on what I've seen as a lay person.

I think the State has to have an expert psych evaluation of her for the case to get death penalty qualified. I think I recall seeing something about it on the court minutes as well. I dont know that the evaluation is really diagnostic though -- maybe more focused on intellectual and cognitive functioning.

As far as a psych eval for purposes of rebutting her battered woman defense --I have no idea, but I sure hope so.

Yeah, that was classic! Also when she asked if she could see the photos, obviously so she could tailor her story to fit the evidence police had.

I mean, I've seen a lot of psychopaths, and I still find her behavior in parts of this interview as atypical. Even when psychopaths are trapped and cornered, they still usually exhibit a very brazen defiance and don't cycle through totally different behavior styles in a matter of minutes like she did. Compare Casey Anthony when she was painted into a corner -- leading detectives down a hallway at Universal to an office she didn't have; I mean, you can't lie any more boldly than that! Yet, when confronted she did not miss a beat, didn't change demeanor, didn't change her story at all and seemed totally unaffected at being caught in such phenomenal lies and being accused of killing her kid. To me, Casey behaved like a textbook psychopath. Jodi seems different to me.

That's not to say Jodi is not a psychopath, but I think there's a whole lot more going on inside that girl.

I think the only a few differences between the two, Casey had better social skills. IMO

Casey had girlfriends and presented as a likable liar. Casey's goal was to have fun and keep her parents off her back. Casey was also smarter IMO. Casey was the life of the party.

Jody's skill set was different, imo shes behaves like a sexual predator, she targeted men, for status? Sex? Money? I don't know. Jodi's better at "one on one" because her goal was different.

I have to say that it's hard not to see TA's blog post as a deliberate insult to JA.

IMO she was also thrown off by the detectives tone of voice, demeanor...etc...she was sizing him up, trying to find something that would work. He reacted by mirroring her calm, cool and confident tone. He wasn't buying what she was selling and she knew it. So she...changed tactics ...stories. she was trying to reel him in...

Point on, that's what I saw too.

Richard Samuels for the defense:

http://svpexpertwitness.com/evaluations.asp

Working closely with public defenders and private attorneys, he will determine the facts of the case and any special circumstances and mitigating factors involving the trial process

Note, he specializes in DEFENSE. He knows where the $$ is. :aktion1:

I think the only a few differences between the two, Casey had better social skills. IMO

Casey had girlfriends and presented as a likable liar. Casey's goal was to have fun and keep her parents off her back. Casey was also smarter IMO. Casey was the life of the party.

Jody's skill set was different, imo shes behaves like a sexual predator, she targeted men, for status? Sex? Money? I don't know. Jodi's better at "one on one" because her goal was different.

I agree for the most part. Casey's crime was a matter of getting rid of an inconvenience. Totally self interested and completely detached from anyone else or how they might feel. Jodi's crime was a matter of extreme rage and revenge. Casey also seemed like a classic pathological liar -- she lied about everything to everyone for any reason or no reason at all. Jodi's lies are different in the sense that hers are designed to avoid being implicated in Travis' murder.

Jodi's primary drive seems to be obsession and control and attempts to avoid abandonment. Casey's primary drive seems to be her own personal gratification at any given moment in time.

I think they are both intelligent women. I think Casey had better insight into how her behavior came across to others and molded herself accordingly. Jodi seems to be totally unaware of how she comes across -- I guess that's the kind of the same thing as having no social skills.

I just saw an ad on tv that Jose Baez will be giving his opinion on this case on Dr. Drew Monday...Geez!

Omg! Dr. Drew will do anything for ratings!!!!
And Baez will do anything for fame!
What was it Jodi called Lisa? W.......
I can't remember her word, but, well.....ykwim

I have to say that it's hard not to see TA's blog post as a deliberate insult to JA.

I think Travis knew how to push her buttons and that blog post may have been a backhanded way of doing that.

Does the defense typically put the defendant on the witness list? Can't remember.

I agree for the most part. Casey's crime was a matter of getting rid of an inconvenience. Totally self interested and completely detached from anyone else or how they might feel. Jodi's crime was a matter of extreme rage and revenge. Casey also seemed like a classic pathological liar -- she lied about everything to everyone for any reason or no reason at all. Jodi's lies are different in the sense that hers are designed to avoid being implicated in Travis' murder.

Jodi's primary drive seems to be obsession and control and attempts to avoid abandonment. Casey's primary drive seems to be her own personal gratification at any given moment in time.

I think they are both intelligent women. I think Casey had better insight into how her behavior came across to others and molded herself accordingly. Jodi seems to be totally unaware of how she comes across -- I guess that's the kind of the same thing as having no social skills.

Hi, Minor4th. I can agree with all this except the "intelligent." I think that both were determined. Both were shoddy planners who were frustrated with their lives as they were.

Richard Samuels for the defense:

http://svpexpertwitness.com/evaluations.asp

Working closely with public defenders and private attorneys, he will determine the facts of the case and any special circumstances and mitigating factors involving the trial process

Note, he specializes in DEFENSE. He knows where the $$ is. :aktion1:

So this is probably their mitigation expert. If so, his opinion will be part of the penalty phase -- he might give opinions about how psychologically damaged Jodi is and blah blah blah, all in an effort to deflect responsibility.

The first part of the trial was really interesting, but I bet it's about to get even more fascinating.

480118_10151391921478287_1180198421_n.jpg

For Linda, think she doesn't do FB.

I think Jodi just wanted what Travis had or could give her. She didn't love him, he was an object to her. A means to some end in her head. When he said no. He became disposable. I bet the public online Facebook/blog humiliation and the humiliation at Travis's friends house set her off. It was very public humiliation. to her.

IMO both Casey and Jodi use sex as a self soothing behavior. Incredible they both ended up in bed with a man after murdering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member