The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks...but here I am....Suits was great tonight! Love me some Harvey

Curious Me had to find out what the conversation was about.

Good Night All. :chillout: then :bedtime:

I just caught a clip of a trial update but clearly missed the key point - who's Gus Searcy and why is he such a key witness on Monday? Any info appreciated :)

I just caught a clip of a trial update but clearly missed the key point - who's Gus Searcy and why is he such a key witness on Monday? Any info appreciated :)

he was a higher up at legal sheild - where TA worked - and was the guy TA was suppose to have a conference call w/ that night - but he is testifying in the evidentiary hearing on monday and i don't know why?

he was a higher up at legal sheild - where TA worked - and was the guy TA was suppose to have a conference call w/ that night - but he is testifying in the evidentiary hearing on monday and i don't know why?

I watched a legalshield vid of Searcy and honestly, these people creep me out completely. The Hughes', Searcy and all of the people involved in this "business." Total scam artists of the first order, imo. It literally makes my skin crawl watching him pitch his bs to the audience. Yeah, isn't all of our ultimate goal to drive a Ferrari? Really? The PPL vid with the Hughe's, same thing, focused on the "gift" of a BMW 745li (iirc). Ugh. That travis was successful in this "business" and "aspired" to its goals is, among a few other things, what makes me question his character. Which is an aside from the criminal case, but is a matter of interest to me regarding Travis's personality.

I watched a legalshield vid of Searcy and honestly, these people creep me out completely. The Hughes', Searcy and all of the people involved in this "business." Total scam artists of the first order, imo. It literally makes my skin crawl watching him pitch his bs to the audience. Yeah, isn't all of our ultimate goal to drive a Ferrari? Really? The PPL vid with the Hughe's, same thing, focused on the "gift" of a BMW 745li (iirc). Ugh. That travis was successful in this "business" and "aspired" to its goals is, among a few other things, what makes me question his character. Which is an aside from the criminal case, but is a matter of interest to me regarding Travis's personality.

This bothers me. As much as the prosecutor proved that Jodi's friends didn't really know Jodi, what she was up to, whT she was capable of, the defense might try to do the same regarding Travis.

Thanks for the info -- now I have time to prepare myself for all the seedy people about to come out of the woodwork!!

This bothers me. As much as the prosecutor proved that Jodi's friends didn't really know Jodi, what she was up to, whT she was capable of, the defense might try to do the same regarding Travis.

and, imo, they have a valid argument up to the point of murder. I think the prosecutor is overplaying his hand with the saint travis approach, but that's jmo. Ask me about the shot first-stabbed first theory if you want to get really controversial ;)

I know, right?!?! The only chance they have are convincing the jury no-one but Jodi knew "the real Travis" -- they will completely destroy him every and any which way they can. I soooo feel for his family having to hear such horrible lies!! Even if he did call her a *advertiser censored* [if the shoe fits] or continue to sleep with the crazy ___, that still doesn't = her killing him and then destroying all the happy memories he left behind for the people who loved him :/

and, imo, they have a valid argument up to the point of murder. I think the prosecutor is overplaying his hand with the saint travis approach, but that's jmo. Ask me about the shot first-stabbed first theory if you want to get really controversial ;)

Karmady - I love hearing all theories - gets my wheels turning! Feel free to share!!

Ok. I'll bite!
IMO if we can think it on here so can the jury! So let's get it all out, see what matters, see what sticks. Right?

Oh yeah, I'm with you on that! SHE does need to be removed from
society and I think she will do this again if given the chance!
Whole different ballgame with that sicko.

I think so too! When she was arrested she had a rental car packed and was ready to go who knows where BUT considering she had 2 knives hidden away and a gun hidden in the engine (which no-one found til the car was serviced) it does tend to make you think she entertained thoughts of doing this again!!

Yes!!!!!!

I think so too! When she was arrested she had a rental car packed and was ready to go who knows where BUT considering she had 2 knives hidden away and a gun hidden in the engine (which no-one found til the car was serviced) it does tend to make you think she entertained thoughts of doing this again!!

Yep. Like I said before, rental car, gun, knives, Jodi.
Lethal potion.

yes again!!!!
I got scolded for saying this sort of stuff, but whatever.
yay!

I have a lot of empathy for the victims of abuse. I do not see TA as an abuse victim.

I agree that JA should not be allowed to roam free - she is a very dangerous criminal who imo would only be emboldened if granted leniency.
And yet there are many survivors of abuse right here on this forum that do. I personally believe that is extremely telling all on its own given that each of us comes from different backgrounds and have experienced varied levels and forms of abuse.

I've been stalked. I've been cyber-stalked me as well. I had my distributor cap stolen from my car to prevent my leaving. My ex used to threaten to kill himself if I left. I've had my journals stolen, ripped apart and stapled to the walls. Almost all of my friends and even some family members were 'warned' about me - with him divulging every secret, every sin. He used to take photos of me sleeping just to prove he could do what he wanted when I was vulnerable. I was with my abusive ex for ten years so there's a lot more but my point is Travis could have said very much the same.

Many victims, myself included, of psychological or emotional abuse do not even realize they themselves are victims until and unless the abuse escalates. I lived in hell for five years before I could even identify it. I spent the next five trying to figure out how to extract myself and two munchkins from the mess.

MOO

ETA: As I've stated many, many times before my ex was also dx'd with PD. I don't believe someone can be disordered and not be abusive. I think abuse is inherent to the character affliction but admittedly I am way beyond biased. ;)

Wow, lots of info here since I last read.

I think Travis was totally clueless about a BPD or APD person like Jodi. Hell, I grew up with a BPD mother who was an identical twin, and Auntie was even WORSE - the true evil twin. I had no idea this was abnormal until I grew up and went out into the world. Someone said they are exhausting and that is so true. It was not until mr. zig's ex came into the picture nearly 7 years ago that I realized what all these personality disorders were and that with an APD with serious N, you just have to stay away...NO CONTACT.

The manipulations of these people are hard-wired into them and they choose vulnerable people as naturally as they breathe.

Travis was a young male and liked sex with Jodi. Yeah, he was probably conflicted but found it hard to resist, kind of like me with Red Vines...I know they are really bad, I'll repent with a juice cleanse tomorrow.

Jodi, otoh, had a REAL problem getting dumped or used. Oh, No, You don't want to do that to a person who has a personality disorder that manifests as an obsession for revenge.

Travis was not a saint, just another regular human, who happened to be a very nice guy, with faults and who was ignorant of the dangers that lurk in people like Jodi.

And BTW, I don't think PPL people are weird or creepy. It's like any other business where carrots are dangled in order to increase productivity. I used PPL once and it helped me tremendously. I do, however think Mary Kay people are weird....JUST KIDDING. I did dump Mary Kay though, because I was not allowed to wear a pants suit. The MLMs are not for me, they are not for everyone. I've done a few and they require extreme self discipline, time management and dedication. But I have friends who have made themselves quite successful. To each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop