The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #13 *ADULT CONTENT*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if anyone in any community would have anything favourable to say about this savage murderer.

Well, if there was anything positive (JA) or incriminating about abuse (TA), I doubt we would hear it for fear of retribution and shunning. I'm referring to the Mormon community.

You see whether or not he was abusive, I don't think the truth, if negative about TA, would come out. It's a closed group, and JA is an outsider. The Mormon aspect of this case is what scares me a little. If there was a scintilla of truth to an abuse claim, it would have been covered up, IMO, due to the secret nature of their relationship, and the closeness of the Mormon community, including Mesa city officials, etc. How many public defenders have you heard of who "want off" of a high profile case? I have always been shocked that they don't run in the other direction. They seem to love such cases, from my true crime watching experience. But here, no one wants to touch this case with a 10 foot pole.

Regardless, it sure looks like premeditated murder to me at this point. I just want to hear the other side, and I want the trial to be fair and on a level playing field.

Yes, I know I'm alone here on this point of view. :(

I'm just surprised that we haven't heard anything of them publically ex-communicating her! She's committed the biggest sins in Mormonism!!!

I don't believe those type things are public with any religion.

there is no proof other than the murderers own lying words that they actually had anal sex or any sex for that matter.

While not water-tight-100% proof, there's an awful lot of evidence: naked pictures, lube on bed, commentary from Chris and Sky Hughes, phone sex recordings, sexy text messages. I put my money on the sex.

In listening again to her interview with Flores, the way she said, "I trashed his car", it made me think it may have been intentional, or at least that she got some satisfaction from it. Possibly as a way to keep herself in his life?

Her story was that the engine was damaged when she pulled it behind her U-Haul, and she was continuing to make payments to T.

That could sure add to her motive IMO. If she owed a lot more payments to him and he was trying to end their relationship, she surely would not want to have to keep paying on the car. I could see that being an additional motive for murder for her.

Gus Searcy owned his own 7-11 by the age of 21. Not a dumb dude. Maybe a bit of narcissim. But an impressive accomplishment'

Like people "own" cars or "own" McMansions? I want to see the liability side of that 21-year-old's balance sheet.

Does anyone know just how much $ Jodi was going to have to pay Travis back for the BMW she would never be able to drive. It really stood out to me today how much that was on her mind in the days immediately after his murder. Enough to ask the detective about it and FB Travis sister Tanisha to ask her about it. I am really beginning to wonder how much wiping that debt clean played into her plan.

I KNOW!!! I was thinking the same thing! And the looks on Travis's sister's faces when they were listening to that part...heartbreaking. The one on the right looked a little skeptical, imo.

Gosh I hope it is not true that Travis is excommunicated. I would hope that death that happens before you have time to learn from your mistakes or repent and change, or whatever it is that is required in that faith, means he is not now excluded from his faith. That would really be heart breaking.

You are right, without being here to answer for himself and make the changes he wanted there will be no excommunication.

Per David Hughes interview on In Session this morning, Jodi visited Searcy in LA on June 3rd, 2008, just before leaving for TA’s house. Don't know if it's true, but that's what the brother of Chris Hughes said.

So I am SPECULATING that JA told Gus Searcy during her visit that she was going to see TA and that he invited her. Of course that is a lie. So in Gus' mind, that testimony could help Jodi or hurt Jodi. Since all she does is lie, I think it would hurt.

Snipped
1) Travis was not a church leader.

quote]

Actually, as a male over the age of 18, Travis was a "Priesthood Holder", which IS a position of leadership in the Mormon church.

If thats what you refer to as a leader, then 99% of all men in that church are "leaders".

He was not a Bishop, Branch president or Stake president...

I don't understand why Travis Alexander has to be considered perfect and above reproach for Jodi to be guilty of murdering him in a cruel & heinous way. Aren't we all imperfect? Even if he WAS having a secret-sex-relationship with her and even if he DID invite her to his house that fateful night, how does that diminish him as a victim? The crime scene spells it out.

Religious ppl aren't infallible. We do hold those to higher standards, yet forgetting that they are imperfect. They are HUMAN. Travis is dead now....speculating about his sex life (since we all know Jodi and the truth are not friends and we don't know for sure what type of sex they engaged in) is useless. If someone claims to be religious and wants to cast stones at a dead man who cannot defend himself they should look at Rom. 3:23 and Luke 6:42. Not trying to preach but show a reality check.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

JMO she might be doing the self defense like the Blue Eyed Butcher-aka Susan Wright...just kept stabbing and then realized she killed him and goes into a trance .....and doesnt really believe he is dead...(no hate messages...just a thought)

haha, no kidding! I was kind of here, just back in lurkdom for a while.

I keep reminding myself that the defense will always use any kind of "smoke and mirrors" to distract from the bottom line. I hope everyone is able to keep their eye on the ball, in this case. It's gonna be tough to take.

Was this self-defense? Was this pre-meditated? Was this heinous (for DP portion)? THOSE are the questions that need to be answered to me. I don't care how they enjoyed sex, I don't care if the bullet wound came first (he has defensive wounds on his hands, and stabs in the back, and many wounds while he was still alive, so what difference does it make--still overkill to the n-th degree), I don't care if he was a 'saint' or a 'player.'

These things are all smoke and mirrors to me, and distract from the relevant issues. Also, if the gunshot came BEFORE all of the stabs and slit throat, that seems even MORE heinous, IMO. If it came last after he was dead, then it was one less painful wound that he had to endure. Anyhoo...

Well my :twocents: Defense is claiming that the shot was first and they are not agreeing with the ME that TA would have been rendered totally incapacitated following the shot in the head. They are most likely going to try to prove this and that TA still had a lot of fight in him so JA had to resort to the knife to protect herself from TA. Defense stated that Jodi knew that she was going to die. IMO, Defense has to show that there was abuse suffered by JA, sexual abuse, physical and psychological abuse, at the hands of TA. They have to show that she was so afraid for her life that she just kept stabbing and slicing until she knew that he wasn't going to hurt her anymore.

I'm hoping that the jury can see through all the smoke screens and see this as desperation at creating "self-defense" on JA's part.

So, it is important that they make the points above.

I have never heard that TA trashed her in front of his friends. Nor did he report her for stalking. It was his friends who spoke among themselves and tried to convince TA she was not right for him. I have yet to see where his friends say he admitted to having sex with her of any kind. It appears they just presumed it was happening because of the way Jodi acted towards him in public. This is what I have heard up to this point. But if you have a link with what you are stating as fact I'd will indeed read it. Thanks. jmo

There's this:
After those incidents, his new girlfriend received a harassing email from a "John Doe." Alexander suspected that Arias was responsible, and told friends that he suspected Arias had hacked into his Facebook account.​

And then:
"[Arias] was totally obsessed with him," Alexander’s close friend Sky Hughes told The Huffington Post. "She wouldn't let him go. Whenever he would try to sever all ties, she would threaten to kill herself ... He would tell her he didn't want anything to do with her, and she would show up at his house. We knew it was her. We didn't want it to be her, but [we] just knew it was."​
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/24/inside-the-mind-of-jodi-arias_n_2528011.html

Who do you think was telling the friends these details about what was going on?

Friends have maintained that the relationship between Alexander and Arias was tumultuous, with Alexander trying to distance himself from Arias to no avail.​
Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/new...eath-at-hands-of-jodi-arias-friends-say-88227

Such distance that they kept sexting and having phone sex, and he even let her in and took nude photos with her, showered with her, and allegedly had sex with her?

I think she's as crazy as they come, but the entire thing doesn't wholly make sense.

JMO she might be doing the self defense like the Blue Eyed Butcher-aka Susan Wright...just kept stabbing and then realized she killed him and goes into a trance .....and doesnt really believe he is dead...(no hate messages...just a thought)

Disassociation is something that was probably normal for her.

While not water-tight-100% proof, there's an awful lot of evidence: naked pictures, lube on bed, commentary from Chris and Sky Hughes, phone sex recordings, sexy text messages. I put my money on the sex.

Why does it matter whether they had sex or what method of sex? Is this a legitimate reason to kill someone? SHE is the one who traveled from California to Arizona to see him. She brought weapons, colored her hair, etc. IMO she knew exactly what she was going to do to him. Again, it makes no difference to me what kind of sex they had. To me it's not cause for murder.

This board is too feisty and serious in some sections -- thanks for the lighthearted post & fantastic visual!!! YEEEEEEEE HAW!!!!! :floorlaugh:

Lol, that is soooo true. I can tell that I am becoming overloaded with frustration or disgust, when I start posting silly lighthearted things. It's a refreshing break. :great:

I think you are absolutely correct. I've been thinking the same. If you mix this case with the Mary Winkler case, you will discover this defense's case we will see this week. JMO.

haha, no kidding! I was kind of here, just back in lurkdom for a while.

I keep reminding myself that the defense will always use any kind of "smoke and mirrors" to distract from the bottom line. I hope everyone is able to keep their eye on the ball, in this case. It's gonna be tough to take.

Was this self-defense? Was this pre-meditated? Was this heinous (for DP portion)? THOSE are the questions that need to be answered to me. I don't care how they enjoyed sex, I don't care if the bullet wound came first (he has defensive wounds on his hands, and stabs in the back, and many wounds while he was still alive, so what difference does it make--still overkill to the n-th degree), I don't care if he was a 'saint' or a 'player.'

These things are all smoke and mirrors to me, and distract from the relevant issues. Also, if the gunshot came BEFORE all of the stabs and slit throat, that seems even MORE heinous, IMO. If it came last after he was dead, then it was one less painful wound that he had to endure. Anyhoo...

I don't understand why Travis Alexander has to be considered perfect and above reproach for Jodi to be guilty of murdering him in a cruel & heinous way. Aren't we all imperfect? Even if he WAS having a secret-sex-relationship with her and even if he DID invite her to his house that fateful night, how does that diminish him as a victim? The crime scene spells it out.

Agree completely with both of you. To me the desperation of the defense's case speaks volumes. The smoke and mirrors & grasping at irrelevant imperfections on Travis' part show what they have to work with and that is NOTHING. Of course JMO. To me its scary when the obvious facts, the admitted and the proven start to get questioned and tainted because of noise and filler. That's why I personally like Juan and his presentation. He keeps it narrowly focused when things go off course. I think we've all seen when jurors take creative liberty with what "reasonable doubt" means.

I'm just glad the prosecution always gets the last word. Love the rebuttals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shayput1996