The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #13 *ADULT CONTENT*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The saving grace in this, though is that Travis had MANY friends who can speak for him. That alone speaks volumes.

Jodi has no friends and it doesn't appear she ever did. Which also speaks volumes.

Why do we not have any more info about Jodi's past?

I think this is going to help the prosecution--if Travis had only female friends, defense would paint him as a predator. Since he has plenty of both, he just appears friendly and outgoing. An extrovert.

I am skeptical about the later text msgs, I think 2 at least that I know of. All JA had to do was go into Travis' cell phone acct online and text herself those msgs. You can text from your online acct, at least you can with AT&T.

I believe that is why Martinez asked the Verzion rep. if he could tell where the messages were routed from. jmo

VP is talking about JA listening to VMs after she killed TA.

I think she was trying to see if anyone was leaving worried messages on his VM so she'd know how close TA was to being found. I'll bet she was shocked it took so long!

One minor observation:

In the opening defense statements, jurors were shown the picture of Jodi wearing a t-shirt that said "TRAVIS ALEXANDER'S". Latter, it transpired that the back of the t-shirt said "BE BETTER BLOG," an allusion to his blog.

It should be noted that Travis initiated that blog just a few months before he died, at a point in which his relationship with Jodi was, to say the least, tenuous and difficult. Thus, the implicit defense argument that the photo is somehow evidence of some "deviant" dominant/victim relationship between the two is simply unfounded.

When Travis is spoken of in a positive manner, a normal acting, thinking, behaving 30yr old man, there is the misconception that it equates to him being virginal, holier than thou, above all the rest...(fill in your own). That simply doesn't equate. Travis was many good and positive things but he was human, with flaws. He was abused by a sick psychopathic female and he is the victim here. imo

Exactly. I am not saying that he wasnt all for this relationship when it first started. How many of us are excited when a new relationship comes along but it doesnt take long for it to change and we know that person is not who we need in our lives?

Yes he gave into his weakness. He is certainly not the first man or woman to do so nor will he be the last. Yet that is really not the point imo. The relationship evolved and became a 'fatal attraction' for Travis by Jodi and then violent acts changing the situation he found himself in. He had not seen her since she had moved and it is at that time that I believe Travis did the best he could to keep her at arms length....far far away from him in another state. He never asked her to come there the day she murdered him. If so she would have had no need to turn her phone off so she couldnt be tracked in AZ. So why did she come there unannounced once again? Imo, because if she let him know she was coming he would make another excuse not to be there. So she gave him no warning.

If he was so gungho on having sex with her then why would she have to come unannounced?

So while at one time he was very sexually attracted to her but that had changed. The only way he would see her now is if she surprised him by standing there in his home and Jodi knew it, imo.

Very clearly domestic violence experts says the victim whether male or female can be forced or tricked into having sex with the abuser. Human beings are meant to respond to human touch whether the brain is receptive to it or not. There is much literature about that concerning both men and women...even some who were raped by strangers.

Also the victim can do things they really dont want to do trying to quickly rid themselves of the abuser hoping the abuser will leave shortly afterwards or wanting to appease the abuser since they have already seen rage and violent acts done by the abuser when they are riled up.

I read a case a couple of years back where two women kidnapped a man and tied him up in their vehicle and they began to force him into doing sexual acts with them. They were arrested for rape and kidnapping...rightly so.

About "rape culture" and victim blaming--

Of course rape victims weren't "asking for it" and didn't deserve it; and of course Travis didn't deserve to be killed. HOWEVER, every person must take some responsibility in maintaining their own personal safety and security, for using reasonable caution and judgment, and evaluating the riskiness of their own choices and behavior.

If a girl dresses very provocatively and behaves in a very sexual manner around a bunch of drunk makes in high crime areas ...that's very risky behavior; it's consciously putting yourself in a dangerous situation. If the girl gets assaulted, it's not her "fault" and she didn't deserve it -- rape and assault are crimes and the responsibility lies with the one who commits the offenses -- but the girl increased her chances of being a victim by engaging in high risk behavior. If the girl thought nothing bad would happen to her, she did not realistically evaluate the risk.

Somewhat similarly, Travis engaged in risky behavior by continuing a volatile relationship with a clearly unstable young lady. It's not his fault she murdered him and he didn't deserve it. He thought he was safe and that he could keep engaging with Jodi as he did without being harmed, but he did not realistically evaluate the riskiness of the situation he placed himself in.

Bottom line -- criminals are criminals and they are the only ones accountable for their criminal acts. But everyone has a responsibility to themselves to use good judgment and not engage in risky behavior that increases the chances of becoming a victim of a violent crime.

One minor observation:

In the opening defense statements, jurors were shown the picture of Jodi wearing a t-shirt that said "TRAVIS ALEXANDER'S". Latter, it transpired that the back of the t-shirt said "BE BETTER BLOG," an allusion to his blog.

It should be noted that Travis initiated that blog just a few months before he died, at a point in which his relationship with Jodi was, to say the least, tenuous and difficult. Thus, the implicit defense argument that the photo is somehow evidence of some "deviant" dominant/victim relationship between the two is simply unfounded.

Didnt he mention something about finding the right wife and her not being a possible ax-muderer. Do you think he could have been thinking about JA at the time?

imo

One minor observation:

What is weird is that it appears Travis and Jodi did not see each other in person after she left Mesa for California at the beginning of April. Travis started "Travis Alexander's Being Better Blog on April 14th. Did he send the t-shirt to Jodi? Did she order it? Did she have it made? Did she take the picture? Lots of questions.

Totally O/T

Well sorta

When VP was playing the recordings of CA lying about ZFG, I just thought what a better liar CA was than Jodi!

^poor grammar but ya know....

ITA - but I think FCA also had years and years of coming up with those lies and then ultimately LIVING those lies in her own warped reality. They came easily and naturally to her because in her mind they were TRUE. Jodi had to come up with her lies practically on the spot or within a very short time. Who knows the details and ease she would have had if only she had years to come up with her lies.. scary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

The saddest part in all of this mess is that Travis is not here to tell his story!

Well... maybe not physically. But... the evidence is!
I found Jose Baez closing statement in a recent interview (even tho I despise the man) very interesting.

CB: Unlike the Casey trial, where there appeared to be a lot of circumstantial evidence, in this particular incident the evidence seems to be mounting against Jodi.

JB: Well you can’t compare the evidence. They've got the next best thing to a video. That’s a photo. [Nude photos place Arias at the scene of the crime, but she says she attacked in self-defense.] There’s nothing even remotely close to that in Casey’s case. I don’t think it gets much better than that for a prosecutor.

What is weird is that it appears Travis and Jodi did not see each other in person after she left Mesa for California at the beginning of April. Travis started "Travis Alexander's Being Better Blog on April 14th. Did he send the t-shirt to Jodi? Did she order it? Did she have it made? Did she take the picture? Lots of questions.

I might imagine if she was hacking into his email accounts she was quite aware of where he would be and when he was home so she could have made a trip to the house while he was away. She made a point of telling Flores that TA never locked his doors. She could have just taken the shirt and left. jmo

About "rape culture" and victim blaming--

Of course rape victims weren't "asking for it" and didn't deserve it; and of course Travis didn't deserve to be killed. HOWEVER, every person must take some responsibility in maintaining their own personal safety and security, for using reasonable caution and judgment, and evaluating the riskiness of their own choices and behavior.

If a girl dresses very provocatively and behaves in a very sexual manner around a bunch of drunk makes in high crime areas ...that's very risky behavior; it's consciously putting yourself in a dangerous situation. If the girl gets assaulted, it's not her "fault" and she didn't deserve it -- rape and assault are crimes and the responsibility lies with the one who commits the offenses -- but the girl increased her chances of being a victim by engaging in high risk behavior. If the girl thought nothing bad would happen to her, she did not realistically evaluate the risk.

Somewhat similarly, Travis engaged in risky behavior by continuing a volatile relationship with a clearly unstable young lady. It's not his fault she murdered him and he didn't deserve it. He thought he was safe and that he could keep engaging with Jodi as he did without being harmed, but he did not realistically evaluate the riskiness of the situation he placed himself in.

Bottom line -- criminals are criminals and they are the only ones accountable for their criminal acts. But everyone has a responsibility to themselves to use good judgment and not engage in risky behavior that increases the chances of becoming a victim of a violent crime.

While I agree with much of your assessment, you are not taking into account the thrill factor, living on the edge, feeling invincible, etc. I know when I was young I went to many a house parties on the weekends, a lot of times shootings erupted, leading to jumping over couches and out of windows and guess what, next weekend I would be back for more.

This also holds true in dating, there was probably something exciting even if it was only other people telling him not to, just like the kid who is told not to go into the cookie jar!

This link is the discussion re: the defense motion to call Lisa to testify and why the prosecution did not call her.

[video=youtube;QDZ8eOPvhq4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDZ8eOPvhq4[/video]

It begins at: 1:36:40

In case anyone missed it or is interested.

In the bubble that she lives in... she really doesn't realize that everyone can see through her tricks. Game Over Jodi!!

I know... how can she sit there in that courtroom and not be dying inside from shame and guilt....well i know these monsters like she is don't feel remorse or shame..no conscience....

hello all,
i may have missed this in other comments, last night on nancy grace she mentioned that jodi a. had beat one of her brothers with a baseball bat. if this is true imo this would show past rage behavior. she is not just a little meek soft spoken woman.

I know... how can she sit there in that courtroom and not be dying inside from shame and guilt....well i know these monsters like she is don't feel remorse or shame..no conscience....

I've been watching her interview with Flores... when she *does* cry.. it's not for Travis... but for herself. One thing I have noticed, watching her in court is when she pretends to cry, she NEVER wipes her eyes...she ONLY wipes the end of her nose. Anyone else notice that?
I think what has irked me more than anything else watching her in court is when she hides her face with that hair... and then sneaks a peek at the pictures. I want to grab her head and say LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID!!!

I've been watching her interview with Flores... when she *does* cry.. it's not for Travis... but for herself. One thing I have noticed, watching her in court is when she pretends to cry, she NEVER wipes her eyes...she ONLY wipes the end of her nose. Anyone else notice that?
I think what has irked me more than anything else watching her in court is when she hides her face with that hair... and then sneaks a peek at the pictures. I want to grab her head and say LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID!!!

yes I have noticed that and I believe IS has pointed it out....she is disgusting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member