The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #13 *ADULT CONTENT*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping the DT can rest by Wednesday and we get a verdict in five minutes of GUILTY. MOO.

As eager as we all are for a guilty verdict, I am hopeful that the jury does NOT rush back in with ANY verdict. I really want each of them to take their job seriously, take their time, ask questions, discuss, and consider. I hope they take a couple days. I don't want one or 2 outspoken "bullies" to sway the whole group. I don't ever want to see a situation like the Pinellas 12 again.

I don't want to see any issues with the jury verdict that could cause jury nullification, or some such thing. I'd like it to be clean and unanimous. And I hope deeply that it will be guilty of premeditation.

If found guilty of any of the charges, for sure she will appeal. That's part of the process.

And for sure she will (if guilty) continue with her "fragile little girl" act in prison. She may even "genuinely" and publicly embrace her Mormonism, in order to try to get a sentence commutation if she is sentenced to death. It didn't work for Karla Faye Tucker, the small, friendly TX pickax murderer. She was put to death while praising the Lord.

As an aside, does Arizona have a penalty phase if she is found guilty? Or does the jury render a verdict and it's up to the judge? How does it work in AZ system? The simultaneous "felony murder" charge is a little different than in some states, if I understand the explanations, versus a straight forward premeditated first degree murder or a second degree murder.

I agree with this. It seems we are arguing past and around each other about Travis willingly or unwillingly having sex with Jodi. I think this conversation will become more nuanced when we hear the remainder of the evidence--especially the phonesex call.

I am not a single mother. Been married to the same man for soon to be 40 years.

These remarks about TA bother me because it is the basis for the woman go be at fault for sexual issues in this world

We have the welfare mother. Really? Where is the father in all of this? The stigma is on the woman who takes care of the children.

Then we have the rape culture. Legitimate rape. Vomit.

If the woman had not been wearing those slutty clothes, it would have not happened. If she was not a *advertiser censored*, it would not have happened. And on and on.

I saw a good one on my FB page. The buddy system. If a man cannot control himself, he should get a buddy to go with him to help him control himself.

it looked to me like she was trying to use her sexuality to influence the detective :twocents:

I think all of the crazy moves she made while the det was in the room and out of the room were for that purpose. She knew she was being watched even though he was out of the room.

As eager as we all are for a guilty verdict, I am hopeful that the jury does NOT rush back in with ANY verdict. I really want each of them to take their job seriously, take their time, ask questions, discuss, and consider. I hope they take a couple days. I don't want one or 2 outspoken "bullies" to sway the whole group. I don't ever want to see a situation like the Pinellas 12 again.

I don't want to see any issues with the jury verdict that could cause jury nullification, or some such thing. I'd like it to be clean and unanimous. And I hope deeply that it will be guilty of premeditation.

If found guilty of any of the charges, for sure she will appeal. That's part of the process.

And for sure she will (if guilty) continue with her "fragile little girl" act in prison. She may even "genuinely" and publicly embrace her Mormonism, in order to try to get a sentence commutation if she is sentenced to death. It didn't work for Karla Faye Tucker, the small, friendly TX pickax murderer. She was put to death while praising the Lord.

As an aside, does Arizona have a penalty phase if she is found guilty? Or does the jury render a verdict and it's up to the judge? How does it work in AZ system? The simultaneous "felony murder" charge is a little different than in some states, if I understand the explanations, versus a straight forward premeditated first degree murder or a second degree murder.

BBM

Yes they do have a penalty phase. That could last as long as the CIC part.

I looked it up the other night and Arizona executed 7 death row inmates in 2012.

IMO

Is it possible she hacked his account and actually SHE sent them to herself through his account as I have seen in these threads that she hacked his accounts!?

Yes it is possible, and easily provable by looking at the IP address of where the email originated. This appears to be investigative work that was not done, or if it was done, was not presented by the prosecution. I heard all the internet account records weren't subpoenaed until a year or more after the fact. Did the detectives think they had such a slam dunk with the photos/prints/dna that they wouldn't need them?

When Travis is spoken of in a positive manner, a normal acting, thinking, behaving 30yr old man, there is the misconception that it equates to him being virginal, holier than thou, above all the rest...(fill in your own). That simply doesn't equate. Travis was many good and positive things but he was human, with flaws. He was abused by a sick psychopathic female and he is the victim here. imo

No, ITA with this!

It's the saying that he WASN'T a willing sexual partner and was helpless to Jodi's wiles that makes me raise an eyebrow. Travis was a grown man, and had plenty of self-confidence. He thought he was embarking on a fun and exciting sexual relationship.

He was then subsequently stalked and murdered. And yes, in that he was a victim. But I think at the time she and Travis began, she hid her true self. Even his friends thought she was nice at first. Travis really didn't see this coming. IMO

Is it possible she hacked his account and actually SHE sent them to herself through his account as I have seen in these threads that she hacked his accounts!?

I think that might be a major reason Defense keeps wanting a mistrial over them!

I am not a single mother. Been married to the same man for soon to be 40 years.

These remarks about TA bother me because it is the basis for the woman go be at fault.

We have the welfare mother. Really? Where is the father in all of this? The stigma is on the woman who takes care of the children.

Then we have the rape culture. Legitimate rape. Vomit.

If the woman had not been wearing those slutty clothes, it would have not happened. If she was not a *advertiser censored*, it would not have happened. And on and on.

I saw a good one on my FB page. The buddy system. If a man cannot control himself, he should get a buddy to go with him to help him control himself.

I think a lot of stigma has been placed on men as well.

If Jodi had Travis' passwords, she could have logged into any computer and sent herself Text msgs, emails and Im's that would appear to be from Travis. That is, until the IP address could be traced (I think, not a computer person).

Jodi controlled Travis, that's my belief and I think she threatened to blackmail him if he didn't play her game the way she wanted him to. I would like one good reason as to why Jodi would move to Mesa, after she and Travis broke up. Jodi needed to be closer to her prey!

Totally O/T

Well sorta

When VP was playing the recordings of CA lying about ZFG, I just thought what a better liar CA was than Jodi!

^poor grammar but ya know....

Forgive me if this has been discussed previously, but have JA's computer records been published, i.e internet searches ? I'd be really curious to see if she was Googling "how to stab someone in the chest" or the like ....

The saddest part in all of this mess is that Travis is not here to tell his story!

Can someone explain what B cluster is plz,

"There are four Cluster B personality disorders: antisocial, borderline, narcissistic, and histrionic. The DSM-IV views these as a subset of personality disorders that are characterized by dramatic, emotional or erratic behavior. The Cluster B personality disorders are also the most common of the DSM-IV personality disorders."

I found this info on "about.com"

I believe TA himself found out she had hacked into his accounts. She claims he shared his passwords with her. I find that highly unlikely if he were to work from home because of confidentially issues with clients. He would know better than to do that.

Jodi admits to being in his home alone because she claims he hired her to clean his house after they "officially" broke up. No telling what she was able to find while she was "dusting". I bet she went through every corner of his office until she found the information she was looking for.

I also don't see harm in someone still dating an ex if that is what they want to do. Many people do. He was free to see whoever he wished. He was not committed to any relationship and certainly not cheating on anyone.

Because of the kind of person he was he may have taken every opportunity they spent together to try and make her see that she needed to move on until he realized she was getting into his accounts. He tells her she was not respecting his boundries. She knew at that point there would be no more friendship visits where he would be receptive. jmo

jmo

The saddest part in all of this mess is that Travis is not here to tell his story!

The saving grace in this, though is that Travis had MANY friends who can speak for him. That alone speaks volumes.

Jodi has no friends and it doesn't appear she ever did. Which also speaks volumes.

Why do we not have any more info about Jodi's past?

Did you see that documentary someone posted the link to the other day? the "Letter to Zachary" I think it is called ?
It's very sad but worthwhile and a very good cautionary tale for all young males to watch. That crazy witch Shirley Turner murdered her ex after he broke up with her and she went on to kill her baby.

I finally had time to watch that, too-- and thank you to whomever first recommended it. (It's a Netflix instant watch.) You need a whole box of Kleenex if you sit down to watch it, imo.

OMG, what a nightmare. And the grandparents did EVERYTHING by the book, and within the law. How absolutely infuriating and heartbreaking. I still can't get the whole situation out of my mind. I am so glad the laws are being changed in Canada for the extradition process.

If I had sons, I would be warning them about the crazy obsessive nutjob women out there, and begging them not to get involved with them, or have sex with them.

I have an out of state relative (a licensed independent social worker!) who is married to an obsessive narcissistic whackjob man, who can't hold a job for more than a few months at a time. She has this "I can fix him" mentality-- and is deeply religious. We (the entire family) have tried everything, before and after they married, to persuade her he is a ticking time bomb. And he has at least a dozen legally acquired guns in the home (some unsecured), with 2 very small kids (the older with ADHD). As heartbreaking as it is, we all just hold our breath from day to day, letting her know she can leave him any time and we will all help her and the kids. He has never hit or physically abused any of them-- just evil psychological manipulation. But I would not be at all surprised if he picks up a loaded gun someday. I just hope that if he does, his first shot is at himself, and he does a good job. It's a helpless situation-- all we can do is watch, and wait for something to happen.

I am skeptical about the later text msgs, I think 2 at least that I know of. All JA had to do was go into Travis' cell phone acct online and text herself those msgs. You can text from your online acct, at least you can with AT&T.

Yes it is possible, and easily provable by looking at the IP address of where the email originated. This appears to be investigative work that was not done, or if it was done, was not presented by the prosecution. I heard all the internet account records weren't subpoenaed until a year or more after the fact. Did the detectives think they had such a slam dunk with the photos/prints/dna that they wouldn't need them?

It may have been because she changed her story. Her original was ninjas, the she changed to TA being abusive. Now the computer records become important. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper