The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #13 *ADULT CONTENT*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that the day Lisa phoned Travis after a couple months of ignoring his calls ..just so happens to be the same day a .25 pistol was reported missing from Jodi's house. Probably coincidence since she had already started constructing her alibi with Ryan a week or so before.

Defense witness list revealed in [JA] case

According to Nancy Grace ... Arias is on the defense list. ... Also on the list:

• [MM], a former boyfriend who lives in California.
  • Two friends and two former girlfriends of [TA]. The defense claims Alexander was seeing those girlfriends at the same time he was dating Arias .
  • [RS], a valley psychologist and expert on sexual violence cases.
  • [KR], Arias' former cell mate. Nancy Grace tweeted that [KR] has a long rap sheet.
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...ense-witness-list-revealed-in-jodi-arias-case

OMG Travis was seeing other women? That sure justifies slaughtering him!

A look at some of the people testifying in Arias' defense

... The list includes a former boyfriend of Jodi's, a psychologist specializing in sexual violence, and a cell mate of [JA].

Also on the list are two former girlfriends of [TA], who he may have been seeing at the same time he was seeing Jodi -- and two of Travis' close friends. ...

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/20702477/2013/01/24/jodi-arias-defense-testimony

So is the defense hoping the two former girlfriends will say TA was "cheating" on them? If he wasn't engaged or married to them, then he was doing nothing wrong. Unless defense is wanting them to say Travis was a control freak!

Did you see that documentary someone posted the link to the other day? the "Letter to Zachary" I think it is called ?
It's very sad but worthwhile and a very good cautionary tale for all young males to watch. That crazy witch Shirley Turner murdered her ex after he broke up with her and she went on to kill her baby.

yes, I watched it with my (soon to be) 15 year old son last night all the while holding onto him and telling him "PLEASE :please: stay away from the crazies". He and I were both crying by the end. UGH! Such a terrible story, but definatley a cautionary tale.

From what I've seen and read the DT wants to call Lisa to show how 'persistent' TA was. She said in her blog that she tried to break it off with Travis but TA made it very hard. I'm sure the DT will try to say that TA was so abusive that it was difficult for any woman to break away from him. I hope that Lisa doesnt have to take the stand. BUT... if she does, I hope her testimony shreds Jodi!

I believe that Lisa said that TA did not say who the stalker was.

I can see that having a stalker may be ego boosting in the beginning. You are SO desirable that a person wants to be with you so intensely. At some point, it must turn annoying and then unbearable.

I saw on TV last night that a woman who had acid thrown in her face and she became blinded. She married her attacker and they were in love to the end, according to them.

He threw the acid because she was getting a different BF or something like that.

Don't ask me. They did not go into the reasons she went back to him

Katiecoolady, what did the body language expert say about the stretching during the interrogation.

From what I've seen and read the DT wants to call Lisa to show how 'persistent' TA was. She said in her blog that she tried to break it off with Travis but TA made it very hard. I'm sure the DT will try to say that TA was so abusive that it was difficult for any woman to break away from him. I hope that Lisa doesnt have to take the stand. BUT... if she does, I hope her testimony shreds Jodi!

I hope if they take that tack, she will make it clear that she meant (at least the way I read it on her blog) it was that Travis was very disarming and persistent. Not that he was controlling. I don't get that vibe at all!

I think Lisa was one of those being called and I cannot imagine WHY the defense would call her! It will not be good for Jodi!

It might be to show that Travis couldn't end the relationship with Jodi either. Isn't that why Lisa broke up with him? Because there was still the jodi issue?

I believe that Lisa said that TA did not say who the stalker was.

I can see that having a stalker may be ego boosting in the beginning. You are SO desirable that a person wants to be with you so intensely. At some point, it must turn annoying and then unbearable.

I saw on TV last night that a woman who had acid thrown in her face and she became blinded. She married her attacker and they were in love to the end, according to them.

He threw the acid because she was getting a different BF or something like that.

Don't ask me. They did not go into the reasons she went back to him

OMG! I think I saw that documentary! This was in the early 60's right?

Did you see that documentary someone posted the link to the other day? the "Letter to Zachary" I think it is called ?
It's very sad but worthwhile and a very good cautionary tale for all young males to watch. That crazy witch Shirley Turner murdered her ex after he broke up with her and she went on to kill her baby.

I watched that last year and thought it was heartbreaking and a perfect example of cluster B pathology.

I feel like my boys can relate to this case, or see themselves more in this case, because jodi looks and acts like girls in their peer group. While Travis is a little further down the path in age and work experience, I actually think sexually/serious relationship developmentally he was closer to a early 20 something than 30, based on his religious parameters and mostly dating within his religion.

@Lambchop:

IIRC, several of the photos of them taken on trips were after they ended their "dating" relationship.

And per Travis' friends they continued traveling together after the breakup which concerned them.

And Travis was sending text messages asking for naughty pics and telling her how pretty she was just ONE MONTH before that nutjob killed him.

I really don't think he believed she would go any further than tire slashing. :(
Is it possible she hacked his account and actually SHE sent them to herself through his account as I have seen in these threads that she hacked his accounts!?

I guess in a strictly criminal sense, it doesn't matter who Travis was except that he wasn't abusive. I am very interested in all of the details and all of the tangled web because I have several young adult boys and am using this as a cautionary tale for them, and I love the psychology behind these stories. It costs me nothing to understand fully how this relationship played out, I can mourn for Travis while still tolerating the notion that he was engaging this crazy woman.

!!! Same here! I use these cases in the news to teach my sons how to avoid dangerous women

It might be to show that Travis couldn't end the relationship with Jodi either. Isn't that why Lisa broke up with him? Because there was still the jodi issue?

According to Lisa, IIRC. But Lisa never elaborated whether she thought Travis was complicit or whether Jodi was stalking.

I agree it will be interesting to hear what she has to say.

When Travis is spoken of in a positive manner, a normal acting, thinking, behaving 30yr old man, there is the misconception that it equates to him being virginal, holier than thou, above all the rest...(fill in your own). That simply doesn't equate. Travis was many good and positive things but he was human, with flaws. He was abused by a sick psychopathic female and he is the victim here. imo

yes, I watched it with my (soon to be) 15 year old son last night all the while holding onto him and telling him "PLEASE :please: stay away from the crazies". He and I were both crying by the end. UGH! Such a terrible story, but definatley a cautionary tale.

Ok good. Glad you both watched it. It was so gut-wrenching- I had to stop it in several places and cry. ugh.

"In her mind, she felt like the jilted woman," he said. "It's narcissism, [to] always see things from her perspective, her needs and her desires. In her mind, this really may be self-defense because she believes she was wronged -- 'How dare he be with another woman when he is hers?' Sociopaths create a reality that fits the event."

Bonn added, "The rage and retribution demonstrated by the brutal slaying of Travis is very consistent with the emotional volatility of a sociopath. In her narcissistic mind, Travis deserved to die for betraying her."

Wendler agreed with Bonn, saying individuals like Arias will blame the victim for "deserving their fate."

Inside The Mind of Jodie Arias

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/jodi-arias/

Is it possible she hacked his account and actually SHE sent them to herself through his account as I have seen in these threads that she hacked his accounts!?

It is possible. They show up as phone-to-phone texts, tho, rather than email/IMs). IDK about how possible it is to do that thru cell phones.

it looked to me like she was trying to use her sexuality to influence the detective :twocents:

In the bubble that she lives in... she really doesn't realize that everyone can see through her tricks. Game Over Jodi!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71